DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Might be in for some storms today, hoping they're out of here so the track is open for test and tune tomorrow night. My buddy AJ redid the carb with a new 750 center section, and went through it. I just need to get the new fitting into the regulator, and adjust the fuel line length into it.

I hope you American kids are doing all all right. You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks, sorry to leave you to hold the fort down Chuck but I've been making hay while the sun shined, or so to speak, while it's been decently cool the last few days they been keeping me hopping hauling logs, but it got hot this evening and they knocked off early............... Double Thumbs up..............................

Well going to lay around in the AC for a while this evening and then maybe do something and then again maybe not.................... Wave.................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looking like a nice little stretch of weather here for a few days, just hoping the rXXn stays away and we get our points day in on Saturday. I'm excited to test tonight and race tomorrow night.

Hi Mike! Wave I hope Manny is continuing the pond tour, and mom is doing well.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy Friday! You all have a great weekend. Ice cream time!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon everyone;

Well, just returned from getting my Y-90 treatment.

It went great. The tumors absorbed as much of the radioactive isotopes as possible. The Doctors are thriller that is went so well.

It will take about 3 months to get a clear picture of how effective it is. I guess the physical damage to the tumors makes it difficult to see the systemic damage.

So, that is out of the way for awhile. I really feel great about it, even though I feel like crap right now, but that should improve in a day or two.

Monday, I have an appointment with the cardio docs. They have me on Metoprolol, but I am very tired, and have blurred vision as side effects, so that is going to stop real soon.

Then on Wednesday, I see the Oncologist to see about dumping some chemo in on top of the Y-90 to keep the tumors in check until we can tell exactly what is needed.

So, long story still long, but not quite so long is: We are once more at the mercy of doctors hospitals, and treatments. I am trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel, but sometimes it flickers, and sometimes it get a bit dim, but at least it is still shinning.

Seeing that we will be in town for awhile, I should get some stick time with the car. Got a lot of little things I want to get done, try out, or admit it was a bad idea and put it back to square one.

OK, gotta go. All in all, I am very pleased with how the day went. Oh, and we even stopped at Jim's restaurant and finally tried one of their cheeseburgers. It was really good, as were the fries. Don't do a damn thing for the diet, but on the rare occasions that I can convince Ol' what's her name that I deserve a break today, it is nice to know where to go.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, got a little rain falling around here this morning or it could be the humidity falling of the clouds man it's been tough, but supposed to be a cool down coming this week.......................... Praying......................................

Ken glad to hear you typing and seem to be doing good, Chuck hope you got to race and the olds done it's job, well hope ya'll's sunday is a goodern thinking of our friend concreteman and hope he's doing well....................................... Double Thumbs up Wave....................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Cooling off a little here this week after a couple of warm days. I'm just hoping it stays dry. The Cutlass is still fighting me. Now I'm thinking it may be fuel pump. I'll try that. I was able to run it Friday night, couldn't cover in round 1. Had to tinker in the time trials Saturday, got behind like I wanted in the Modified class, but not enough, lost in a double breakout by .006. Messed up in Street, trying to pace, and I think the fuel pump didn't like me trying to hammer down again. Reentry round for Modified, lower radiator hose blew off the rad, gave me a big wiggle around the 1000' mark, lifted and coasted. I'll keep swinging.

Ken, glad the Y90 is over, and hope it provides some good results, and that you're feeling better soon. What kind of things do you want to try on the car? Are you still bottom bulbing?

Mike, I was thinking about concreteman too, hope he is doing well and spending a lot of time with his granddaughter. How is mom doing?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening ya'll, Chuck Moms hanging in she's pretty weak it really hurts to see her going down like this.
She called me this evening as I was coming out of the woods and ask if I could go by one the local orchards and pick her up some peaches and I said sure and found some beautiful tree ripe peaches, she just can't eat much and most things make her swell with her heart not working so well, but this made her happy, now in a little while I got to go and spray her house for pee ants oh well anything for Mom........................ hug Wave...............................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, been to see the Cardio Doc. Whoa boy, she is a looker. I agreed to what ever she wanted, just so I can go back and visit with her. wondering if I go belly up while in her office, do I get mouth to mouth??

Anyway, they are throwing a lot of tests at me. She thinks I don't have a problem, but wants to make sure before she sets me loose. It all worked out well, as my new appointments are on the same days as other appointments I already have, so won't be making any extra trips to the VA.

As far as the car goes, I think I mentioned that I got ahold of a set of stiff wall M/Ts. They do leak big time, so I forked out another $168.00 for two tubes. That should fix the problem. Paid $200.00 for the tires, so I guess it is ok to get the tubes also. Still under retail.

Also, trying to set up a little camera I bought on e-bay. $20.00. Works very good, but it is from China, and the guy that wrote the instructions must have just finished middle school English 101. He is not for almost very good with about English. Think I have it figured out though.

Also, with the new tires, I am getting a much better R/T. I was trying to launch off idle, which was slow, or launching at 3,000 rpm, which was way red. Now, launching off idle gets me .o8 something, but I think I can get a bit better. The heat here is getting oppressive, so I need to be careful on how I do things out there. Peg is very supportive, but she can make my life Hell if she thinks I am overdoing it.

Other than that, I have been a good boy and taking my meds, so this time it wasn't too bad. Life is good.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Cool up here last night and today. I'll take it for the end of July, for sure. Putting on a light jacket is way better than putting on a winter coat, scarf, and hat.

Mike, continued prayers for mom. I'm glad she's got you around, and that she enjoyed her peaches.

Ken, glad to hear things are good and hope they keep going that way. Did you soap up the insides of the slicks to help hold air? It's always helped at least, for me. I run tubes too, mainly because it's a slow heavy street car. Tubes help with sidewall life as well. Be careful in that heat. You don't want Peg to kill you if you die.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, been to the VA for our last appointment for awhile. Gonna be at least a month before we need to go back.

Not a bad day. They have spent the last couple weeks telling me that there is nothing wrong with me (other than the liver cancer), but trying to prove otherwise. After all the tests, poking, and probing, they still have found nothing. I understand that even if they do find something out of parameters, at my age, it is still not unexpected. So, not only am I one handsome devil, I am in fairly not so bad shape neither.

But, the really, really good thing is that when we got there, I could not find my VA ID card. I was sure that Peg had taken it last time to pick something up, but she didn't think so. Well, as it turns out, I was RIGHT, and she was WRONG............Well, ok, I really wasn't right, and she really wasn't wrong, but it was close there for awhile. Anyway, I did get a vanilla milk shake if I promised to drop the subject. Hey, it is was it is.

So, hoping to get my new tubes tomorrow and go from there. Just might make a pass or two on Saturday.

Life is good, and I was almost right.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Thinking dry thoughts, Nitro Jam is this weekend at PRP, and the bracket program is part of the day.

Ken, you know even when a guy is right, he's still wrong. But at least you got a milkshake out of the deal. I'm glad you got some good news from the doc, hope that trend continues.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening everyone, hope you all have had a good day................... Wave................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Mike and Chuck;

well, today was Peg's turn. I got to drive her to her Doc's office to check on a kink in her back. Hopefully, it will get better soon. We finally convinced our oldest baby girl to let us bring our car trailer up to Chicago and haul all her junk back down. I can do it on her schedule and save her over $2,000.00 over what she was planning on paying for some U-Haul "pod", a truck and trailer to pick them up and return them to the U-Haul place up there, and then do it again down here. Plus a couple guys to help her load. So I had to agree that she would pay all my expenses, but that is another story.

Anyway, after I got Peg home today, took that piece of crap Mercedes to have the oil changed. I guess I will never learn. I took it to a place with a very good professional rep, and questioned them about it, and they assured me they had it well in hand, but, they did not. Put too much oil in it, the wrong oil, and even thought they were working on a V-8 instead of a V-6. I think that at the risk of pissing someone off in the future, I will explain to them exactly what I want, in spite of what their damn computers tell them. This is of course, my fault. I knew better, but was trying to be nice.

Tomorrow, gonna leave the old girl at home while I run out to the track and putz with the car. Need to find a place to put my new tubes in the slicks. By the way, Summit did a great job. Ordered the tubes on the 29th, got them today, exactly when they said I would. And free shipping.

OK, hope you guys are doing well. I am gonna take a shower and kick back in my lazy boy for a few ZZZZZZZssss.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Happy Friday! Hoping the raw snow stays away, and we get racing in tomorrow. Looking forward to the Nitro Jam, and sniffing a little nitro, and feeling the cars when they launch. Got to mess with the Olds too, and hopefully get it going in the right direction again.

Ken, I hope Peg's back is better soon. I see what some friends and family have gone through, looks mighty uncomfortable. Good luck with the tubes and car.

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Looks like our heat wave has broken for a little while. It's been lightly raining since about midnight. Hopefully we will get more during the day. God knows we need it.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug rainy

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Floyd glad to hear the rain has came we've had a ton of rain since fri. morning and it was misty all day yesterday now the suns back out this morning and I may have to make hay this week instead of mowing but that's ok....................... Double Thumbs up..............................

Hope everyone has a great end to the weekend see ya'll in the morning...................... Wave..................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone, hope the weekend served you well me I just laid around and did nothing had another blister come up on my right foot because of the shoe they made for the foot after they took most of it off, but it looks great now.
Moms really low right now besides being slowed by her weak heart her heart hurts because out of six kids she only seen me on sunday I just pray that my siblings could see before it's to late how much mom needs their attention just a little, hope ya'll will help me pray for them and myself to keep everything good around mom in her last days.................... Praying.....................................

Chuck hope you got a good sniff of that Nitro this weekend I saw where they didn't get to run sundays race because rain but hope you had fun................... Double Thumbs up...............................

I'll see ya'll after bit................... Wave..........................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Floyd, I really wish we could send you our wet weather that seems to only come in on racedays. We got our time trials in, then the rain came. You sure need the rain in Cali, I hope what you're getting helps out, and keeps coming.

Mike, my heart hurts for your mom. I hope your siblings step and help give her some peace. Prayers for them to do so, and for mom. I did get to huff a little nitro, great show, just a bummer it got washed out. Tempers are getting short because of all the rain, like it's wintertime cabin fever. We've only had 4 complete points days, and 1 day with 1 round that counted.