DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Back in the real world today. 4 days of drag racin can sure taake it out of ya.
The March Meet is one of the best races of the year. If you are in to classics, this is the race to be at. This is old school. The only new cars present are in the parking lot. The bad thing about it is everybody brings their A game. Qualifying is tighter than hell. Eliminations are real tight. There were a whole of 0.60's on the score board. Almost all the indexes 0.60, 7.60, 8.60, 9.60, 10.60, etc. If you like classic funny cars there were 45 entered for a 16 car field. The whole thing is a classic hot rod car show.
I did a stupid rookie mistake and took myself out. I had a half a car from the starting line on and I whomped it once at the finish line and gave away the stripe. Pissed me off. I know better. But it was a fun 4 days.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug Car

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Supposed to have a nice day, even nice tomorrow, might even hit 60 tomorrow. Made it to the semis in our practice tree race, now I want to hit the tree from inside the car. Hopefully everything goes smooth on finishing up, and weather cooperates next month and PRP can open on time.

Always good to see you WAO, I hope you make it back in before we hit the 480 page mark.

Mike, I sure am with you about Ken, and all our MIAs.

Floyd, that does look like an awesome event. Sounds to me like you did the right thing if you had half a car, and most, if not all, of us have done it too. And will do it again! That's racing!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Sorry for not posting. I've had really bad internet service and tried to post a few times, but wouldn't work.

Posting this just to see if it will go.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, hey Ken good to see you typing glad it's just bad service keeping you away for a few days, now lay back and take a nap, cause that's what us nap takers do..................... Sleep Wink...............................

Well the wind be blowing big time here but it's headed toward the 70's not in mph but in degrees........... Tongue............................

See ya'll after while going to haul some logs....................... Wave.............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Woke up to temps in the 40s, woo hoo! Sun is out, we're looking at 60 today. I'm glad we're past the daylight savings time, and there will still be a couple of hours of daylight left when I get off of work. Tomorrow the bottom falls out though... 36 hours after being 60, it will be 7. Just 7. Sheesh.

Ken, good to see you post. Hope all is well for you and yours.

Mike, careful with the logs, and the wind. Take a nap for me. Big Grin

Prayers going out to a couple of real good friends of mine. Jen and Rick were real excited to be expecting, but Jen suffered a miscarriage yesterday. They're pretty sad about it. Praying

You all have a great day.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good wed.(HUMP)day morning folks, looking like some storms coming in and some wind, getting after it early get back in from hauling logs and enjoy a nap, see ya'll after while............................ Wave.............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Winds of change blowing through up here today, sweeping out the sweet 60+ degree day we had yesterday. Single digit temps overnight, with below zero wind chills. Crazy! You all be safe where you are, and don't freeze up, slide into anything, or blow away! Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, burrrr it's winter reality check time, man it hurts when it changes this much in a day,Chuck I see ya'll made it to the single digits last night and this morning, wrap up tight springs around the corner, be safe and have a great day my friend.............. Wave.............................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
wow someone left the ac on last night!! temp from 70's to the teens, I'm ready for warm weather...was hoping to be ready for Loose Rocker this wknd, made several changes and the weather delays and shipping have not been cooperating this year Frown

thoughts and prayers all around...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, it's a little chilly here this morning but supposed to warm into the 60's by this evening, and that's a good thing...................... Double Thumbs up...............................

Well here's hoping you all's day it a good one...................... Wave..................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Sheesh, I really hope that was the last blast of winter, but the forecast is already saying nope, see ya Monday. Going to try to get the engine out tomorrow, and have it ready to go back in next weekend. 3 weeks til opening day, if the weather cooperates. Really tempted to just roll down to VMP tomorrow and hang out and watch, sleep in the car, come back Sunday. I'm jonesin' pretty bad. Maybe I'll just watch some old vids instead. Big Grin And the Gators are on Sunday night. Pulling for Mia Tedesco in TAD, her first race in the class. Great to see the local young lady doing well. Just 3 years ago she was running Top at PRP. You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, it looks as if we are in for another winter weather event as they like to call it and looks like it's going to mess up another week of logging but I quess if you try looking at it from a positive look, it is job security....................... Double Thumbs up............................

Chuck I saw where Mia was running TAD and thought that's cool, love seeing sportsman racers moving up toward the pro classes, I wish her tons of luck........................... Car......................

Well here's hoping you alls sunday is a great day and that you get to laugh and smile some along the way.................. Wave.................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Everyone;

Well, gonna try this again.

Can't remember how much I posted last time, so I will start all over. (oh goodie)

Got back from the cruise, and spent a week with our oldest kid's family. They live in Hawaii, and have no clue about the rest of the world, so they managed to waste a lot of time trying to do things the "island way".

Day they left, both Peg and I came down with the crude for about a week. things are better now.

Feeling very good. Been off the sauce for over two months, and trying what we learned in Tommy Johnson's book about his cancer experience. Won't know if it is working until the 9th of April. If things are going well, we are hoping to do some serious traveling in the near future. If things are not as we hope, not quite sure what we will do. Might go back on chemo until I can find some other approach to all this, but can't see me doing that for a long time.

I've been getting a few things done around the place, but still have a few "honey dews" to get done. A good friend is coming down in April to help with a few things, mostly getting some needed work done on the race car.

Going down to the coast Tuesday for a few days to visit with friends before they head North for the Summer.

OK, pushed this far enough. Hopefully it will load. If not, please ignore this post.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, good to see you typing Ken, everything sounds good out your way atleast you have a plan a man with a plan can live on shifting sand, I know makes little sense but it does rhime, Wink Tongue...................................

Well another nasty rainy and wintery day here in Cana, but I am not complaining I'm just relaxing and waiting to talk about the weather when it's hot and humid............. Hum Big Grin........................

Ok, ya'll have a great day and Chuck hope all is good up your way and to all the drr mia's we are missing and always thinking of you, somedays when it's only me and Chuck posting I think I know how the old folks feel in the old folks home, did I give anyone a guilty consense, hope not just bring chocolate covered peanuts when you come to visit us in the old folks home.............. Hum Eyes I'm stupid Wave.................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It was a mixed weekend. The PRP family suffered a loss. One of our Top class racers, 2 pit spots over from us, suffered a massive heart attack Friday and passed away. Really good guy, super nice family, they all loved being at the track. On the other side, I'm a very proud uncle... my oldest niece got back from her spring break yesterday. She spent it in Columbus, Georgia, with 90 Pitt and other college students from 4 states, building a house with Habitat For Humanity. What I'm really proud of, is she is the one who feels blessed to be able to help.

Mike, Mia definitely has Top Fuel dreams. In the meantime, she is becoming a bracket hitter in her own right. She lost in the 4th round of Super Gas, against Labbous Jr. No shame there!

Ken, glad to see you posting, and that you're feeling good. Sounds like you're having a good round of visits with family and friends. I hope you continue to feel good, and good luck with the honey do list.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, a little drizzle this morning more drizzles tonight so I quess you could call this a drizzlely Tuesday, Manny's school is two hrs' late today and I have to pick him up at 2pm to go with mom and I to and appointment that a sister was going to take her too but canceled at the last minute, I haven't told Manny I was picking him up yet I wanted it to be a surprise, I know I used to love those unexpected surprises, come to think of it if it was expected it wouldn't be a surprise, duh......................... Hum Wink....................................

Chuck so sorry to hear of your loss and sending prayers out to the friends and family of this racer.................. Praying...............
And that's a very cool proud right there, there's nothing better than a helping hand......................... Double Thumbs up...............................

Well hope ya'll's day is spot on perfect or atleast a spot close to perfect, well you get my meaning....................... Tongue Wave...............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Supposed to be ok this week, high 40s, into the 50s. We'll see. It was clear and a bit chilly out there this morning. Made it nice to look up at the stars while I was waiting for the bus though.

Thanks Mike, 2 times. I hope mom is doing ok.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Chuck mom is hanging in there she is getting really weak, yesterday at her dr. app. for some eye stuff she got so weak she wasn't even able to go to her favorite rest.and grap some dinner, it's really hard watching her go down, and she don't want to use a wheel chair, and when I touch her arm to help she says I'm ok, I love her spirit just don't want her to fall and break something.
Today is a tough one we have to go Baptist hospitial for a device checkup on her heart it's a big place so I hope she'll let me roll her around today............................... Praying hug...............................

Well hope everyones day is going to be good.................... Wave.............................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Got some wind and rain coming in, I just hope I'm gravitationally challenged enough to not get picked up and thrown somewhere. Big Grin

Mike, I can't imagine.. I know it's going to happen, and some little things mom and dad ask for help now on. I'm glad she's got you looking out for her.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Chuck we went to Baptist Hospital yesterday and moms report was not all that good basically the Dr. said you have two option have a major heart surgery that may work or may not, or just deal with the weakness and all that comes with a weak heart until the Good Lord calls her home, and even the Dr. said the surgery would be really hard and risky on her with her weak heart and other health issues, so kinda of a sad day but we laughed some cried some and came back to our mountain home.
Sometimes I not sure which is worst seeing mom sit day after day looking out the window and wishing her family would come by instead of just Manny and I and Hope, or the heart dieses that she has that is steadily making her home bound, prayers needed, thank you Chuck and all my friends for all of the prayers...................... Praying hug..............................................

Well didn't mean to have such a sad good morning, but I sure do appreciate having this place to come and talk to friends that understand, hope everyone has a wonderful day......................... Wave......................................