DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Floyd looks like ya'll are getting plenty of rain now, seems when it gets started it don't know when to stop................... rainy..........................

Going to be high 60's today and mid 40's tomorrow with flurries so I'm going to enjoy then day, hope ya'll's day is fine....................... Wave..................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yep, it's still lightly raining out here. Yesterday afternoon we had a gully washer with wind, rain, lightning and thunder. The lights blinked a few times but never went out.
Some of Gods creatures decided it was to cold and wet outside so they came in and parked on my kitchen counter. I gave them coffee.
Did some final touches on the hay hauler yesterday and found a tear in the sidewall of one of my slicks. Somebody helped me load it up at the shop and didn't realize how wide the truck is and It caught the sidewall on the edge of the trailer. Damn, only got about a dozen passes on them. I'll see if I can buy one from MT at the March Meet. If not, I'll put a new set of Hoosiers on it. I have a spare pair on wheels but they are older and don't stick very well. I'll take them with me just in case.
Y'all have a gooden.
Praying Angel hug rainy

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Let's get this bumped back to the top.
No rain today and it looks clear for at least a week.
Y'all have a gooden!
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, another march weather day here it's raining and windy and supposed to start about lunch time with a mixed wintry mix so some of all of it today............ Confused rainy...................................................

Hope everyone has a good Monday and kicks the week off with a big boot.............. Wave.............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Glad that we dodged most of the storm, maybe got 3 inches or so, but that means somewhere else got it, who are just as tired of winter as I am. Good time at the PRP banquet Saturday, good to see friends in the offseason, hug some friends who are now in the family way... our junior dragster class is still going to be tougher than nails in about 6 years, for another bunch after that! Really nice moment... Christine's son Markie, in his speech, thanked a list of people, then most all Christine, and called her up to accept his championship trophy with him.

Floyd, glad you didn't get washed down the hill. Bummer about the slick. But, at least you saw it there, and didn't go down the track on it.

Mike, it was doggone cold this morning, and they're calling for another cold morning tomorrow, negative temps again. This March sure is coming in like a lion. I just hope it does go out like a lamb.

Michelle, when is your first race? Are you in Gainesville next weekend?

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Chuck good to hear Christine's name sure hope she can come by and say hey sometime, sure miss our mia's sure hope all of them are fine...................... hug..........................

Well Manny's on a 2 hr. delay this morning and I'm going real slow this morning but got to get after it in awhile, hope everyone has a wonderful day....................... Wave.............................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Another single digit start to the day, bbrrrr. Sun is out, looks nice at least.

Mike, I miss our MIAs also. I wonder how Cristina is getting along up in Alaska. Christine is doing well, nursing school has got her studying hard. I'll have to tease her and Nicole into stopping by at least.

If you all don't mind, my buddy and his dad could use some prayers. Waiting on the treatment plan for his dad, but the whole situation is ripping him up, trying to care for his dad, take care of his own family, everything.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, sure hope your HUMP day has a special HUMP in it for you like maybe lunch with a friend or just take the time to call up a old friend or kin folk that you ain't got to speak to lately, I've been thinking lately about all the friends that have past through here since I became a member on Drr and when we started this thread what a special group that we have had here.

Wonder if we could have a online reunion of sorts kinda like a certain time for us all to get together and just say hey and remember all the ones that have come and gone since we started here, not to put Ken in this group yet, but I sure hope he's ok and ain't ran into a bump in the road as I like to say, my thoughts are with Ken he IS a special person so courageous in his fight with the cancer and just picks me up when I'm feeling bad and makes me smile, and that Peg shes something else, he along with everyone else I just want to say thanks for brighting my days and making me smile and praying for me and each other, now if I can see to get done through these cloudy eyes..................... hug...................................

And certainly prayers sent to your friends Dad,Chuck sure hope things go well for him.................. Praying..................................

Hope ya'll hump day is filled with all the good stuff you can stand at one time............................. Praying Wave............................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Actually made double digits this morning, felt balmy compared to Monday and Tuesday. Tongue

Mike, I'm with you. I was just thinking of Ken too, sure hope he's out doing cartwheels because he's full of energy.

My buddy's dad had a bad night... high temp, low blood pressure, had to take him to the ER. Scary stuff.

On a lighter note, I was taking a sneak peak on Facebook on my phone. I saw Karen posted, Ashley looked at the calendar and got real happy. Karen asked her why, and Ashley said this is MY day! Look at the calendar, it's Ash Wednesday! Smile Out of the mouths of babes... Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
On a lighter note, I was taking a sneak peak on Facebook on my phone.

Facebook on your phone?? Say WHAT!!! HAHA

Back to lurker I go...

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Mark I thought the same thing when I saw Chuck type that, WTH is up with that I said...................... Eyes Wink.....................

Come on back when you can, somebody has to help us keep Chuck straight................ Rolling help............................

Well got to get to it time for Manny to go to school and for me to haul some sticks today so have some fun and smile a little today............................ Big Grin Wave........................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Someone please turn the fan off... wind chill had a bite to it this morning.

Mark, ya lurker, yep, I can pull up the interwebz and FB on my phone. It just takes me a few minutes. Big Grin I drop mine way too often to want to try a stupid smart phone. I'll stick with people's hand me downs.

Dag, Mike, et tu?? Big Grin Next you'll be on me about my untied boots! Big Grin Stay safe in the hauler.

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
mornin',all ya'll !.... Wave... I always lure backstage anyways. Big Grin

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, good to see you typing WA stop by every now and then we're the same old crowd just trying to get through the day with our friends and maybe laugh at ourselves a little too.................... Big Grin.............................

OK Ken, where are you at, hope all is well with you and yours, just wanted to say we are thinking about you.................. Praying..................

Got a little snow lastnight here so another few days off from log hauling it's supposed to be near 60 by tomorrow but still muddy, well it's nap time ya'll have a goodern............................... Wave..............................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Temps are actually above freezing, and hitting the 40s today and tomorrow. Nice way to end the week, especially since we're racing with our thumbs tomorrow, practice tree race.

WAO, good to see you stopping by. I've lost track... how did the pipe rack run? Been out again?

Mike, I'm always down for laughing at myself. I give me plenty of opportunity. Big Grin I'm hoping Ken is out there racing and too busy winning to stop by.

You all have a great weekend. Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evening y'all!
Got to the March Meet and went to MT about the hurt slick. Mike with MT Looked at it and said I didn't t hurt the cord so since I run tubes he said wear them out. Saved me some money. Screwed up the first pass but got qualified with a 10.95. Second qualified ran a 10.500. A little quik but I will take it. First round of eliminations tomorrow morning.
Car

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, go get em Floyd............. Car...................

Hope everyones weekend is outstanding..................... Wave............................

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
probably around page 480 I'll be back..lol... I need to start incl. It in my morn. It works.. Big Grin

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sunday morning folks, looks to be a beautiful day here in Cana mid 60's and sunshine, hope ya'll's day is just as nice...................... Wave...................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, going to be 70 today Chuck it's short britches weather here, wooooohoooooo come to think of it lately it's been short britches time for me all winter.............................. Wink..............................

Well since it's going to be such a nice couple of days here I believe I'll get to going a little earlier today, hum maybe I better not get carried away to quickly, you know a morning nap to start the day off right............................ Sleep............................

I sure am thinking of our friend Ken, it ain't like him to miss this many days in a row, prayers sent out that way, and to all our MIA's we sure miss you all and would love to hear a word or fifty from you all, see ya'll after while.......................... hug Praying..................................

Floyd let us know how it went at the March Meet from the pictures on the web. that has to be one of the coolest races alive today.......................... Double Thumbs up.............................................