DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, looks to continue on the winter side here, but it is winter so I'm cool with that................... frosty Cool..........................

Ken me and spicy just don't get along seems it wins everytime................... help..............................

Well still doing my antibiotic treatment today is the sixth day of fourteen and I have a appointment at 3pm and Manny has a very bad cold and sore throat so he sees the dr. at 10:45am this morning so a busy day for sure, and I've got a cold from hell coughing and all that come with it including the sore throat so the family that's ill together is most of the time just ILL(pun intended)............. Busted.....................................

Tomorrow my x Hope goes to her dr. to have a place removed from her breast and she's pretty concerned it will be tested to see if it's cancer related, she has a family history of breast cancer so keep her in your prayers........................ hug Praying...................................

Well that's the sick report for today hopefully better tomorrow, hope ya'lls day is fine...................................... Wave.........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Crazy stretch of weather continues. We even got a little rain last night, after snow Saturday and Sunday. Winds were blowing hard, temps are going down to single digits for the next 2 days. The weather affected the attendance at the car show, I know it kept a big number of folks home. Still a good time.

Ken, glad to hear the medical stuff went well. I hope you "suffered" through the cuddling and snuggling well enough. Big Grin Someday Peg is going to check the sites you've been, and find this thread, and you may not have to worry about "suffering" through some snuggling. Though she may grant you that the curry punished you enough. Big Grin

Mike, glad to hear you're getting along ok. I think Floyd has a real good idea there! Prayers for Manny and Hope. How is mom doing?

My friends Mark and Beth had a birthday party for their son Saturday. Got to see 2 of my friends and their new babies. Bob, Karen, and Ashley were there. Ashley turned 7 yesterday... she had a party, and she told Karen her cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Way cool!

You all stay warm, and have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, a little white stuff on the ground here this morning and they are saying more to come as the day goes along, I woke up and looked out and thought I was in Pittsburg with Chuck................. Tongue.......................

Chuck mom is hanging in there just can't do much but go from here to there so she gets down about it but we still have her here so I just do what she ask and move on.............. hug........................................

Well the foot appointment did go as well as planned yesterday the wound don't look so good really red back up on the foot so have to go back thrusday to check it again, sure hope it improves, it will be what it will be, hope ya'lls day is a good one.................... Wave............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! -8 when I left the house this morning. I'm just glad the car started, and the bus was on time, and warm. I pray for the folks who have to work outside in this weather. Sun is out now, at least it looks good, even if we're still in single digits.

Mike, glad she is still there, send her a hug from me. I hope the wound cleans up pretty quick, and that Thursday's check up is a good one.

You all stay warm out there, and have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone,-5 below here this Morning, Hello Mike hope you are feeling well the morning.

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! That's about what it was up here too Junior. I'm just glad the hot rod Cavalier wagon started again this morning. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer now for the next week or so. Sun is out, looks nice enough, though we'll barely get teens today.

Mike, I hope you're feeling better.

I hope you're all staying warm and doing well out there. Have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, well it's a little like winter wonder land here in the ICU Wink........sure seems that way here Manny has ear infection Hope sore from surgery and me well I'm laying around with my foot stuck up in the air, so I quess snowy days this is a good thing to be doing if it didn't come with a cough...................... Banging Head....................

Well hope everyones day is going good see ya'll after while.................. Wave...........................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Junior I bet it's really cool up that way this morning............. Ice Cream...........................
Chuck it was 7 above this morning and it was 50 in the Minnie-Winnie but with some extra clothes on not to bad, thought I mite need a bigger heater, but then thought heck got plenty of warm clothes I never wear so I just bundle up, done gave away to big coats this winter can't handle big bulky clothes I must be a one them beach dweller fellers................... Laughing Double Thumbs up...............................................................

Well hope you all stay warm today got to run(well drive)to dr.app. at 10am should be fun working those cruthes in the snow................... help Wave......................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Supposed to get to 30 today, but it's a damn slow start. 4 degrees when I left the house. Supposed to get to 40s on Satuday, which I will gladly take.

Mike, I'm with you... don't like all the bulky stuff, but got to do it to stay warm waiting on the bus. I'm tired of all the layers. I feel like Randy in "Christmas Story". I hope you get a good report at the doc's today. Be careful on those crutches!

You all have a great day!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Getting a little warmer today, mid 30s, supposed to be 40s tomorrow with some rain. Woo hoo! Heat wave! I just wish we could send some of this precipitation out to California... saw some scary scary footage of how bad the drought is out there, farmers about to lose their crops if they don't get rain real soon, lakes and rivers way way down.

I hope you all have a great weekend, whatever you do. Enjoy the Super Bowl if you're watching it, and hopefully you'll have good company and some tasty vittles, and if you're in a pool, or made a friendly wager, may you win a pretzel or 2. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,hope everyones in good spirits today, Manny is, he's outa school for the third in row snow day, so alls good in his world................ Ice Cream...........................

Well hope everyone has a great super bowl weekend, me I'd be happy with just a bowl of mild wings and a 7-up, ya'll have a gooden.................................... Wave..................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All; Hope everyone is doing wonderful.

Hike; how's the foot doing? I hope things are as good as they get.

Right now, I feel great. Don't know how long it will last, but I am taking it while it lasts.

Yesterday, went out to the track to putz on the car. Thought while I was out there, I would change the fuel filter on the truck. Well, that went totally bad, and spent the entire day working on the truck. And, it would not start or run, so had to call Peg to come rescue me. Of course, she was doing something and didn't answer the phone for over an hour. I was totally and I do mean totally exhausted. Good thing I had the motorhome out there to crash in. Slept for over two hours before Peg got there. Anyway, to make a long story short, it took me about another hour to pick up everything and get headed home, and that was with Peg doing most of the work.

I think I know why the filter won't pump up, but have to wait until Tuesday to try again.

Went to bed last night thinking it was my last, but woke up this morning feeling great, so going to take advantage of it.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, man it looks like a spring morning here in Cana, and supposed to be in the 60's today that deserves a big woooooohooooooooo................. Double Thumbs up..............................

Ken,the foot is there one day it seems to be making improvement and then the next morning it seems to be more infected looking and painful so I'm not sure whats going on with this thing but it kinda worries me going back to the dr. tomorrow so we'll see whats going on and hopefully it ain't loosing more or all my foot................. Praying.................................

Well hope everyones day is a good day and that the suns a shining in you yard also.................. Wave..........................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon All;

Hope everyone is doing well.

Mike; I know how you feel. You feel things are going great, everything feels good..............then you turn your head for a moment, and you're back to day 1.

Well, I am thinking of you, and hope tomorrow goes well.

I've kind of settled back a bit. Feeling a bit wore out, but have had trouble sleeping lately, so that might be it.

Anyway, two week to go before our cruise. I told everyone I was climbing Dunn Falls. I was thinking everyone would try to talk me out of it, (was going anyway) but everyone is planning to go with me. Hopefully, I will be feeling fine by then.

OK, Peg wants to go shopping. I better go or else she will buy the whole damn store.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, a little wet here wish the folks on the west coast had some of our rain but this is how it works................ Banging Head rainy.....................

Well hope all you folks have a fine Monday and well catch you all tomorrow................................. Wave.............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Off to a snowy start to the week. I'm always amazed that people who have lived here all their lives still don't know how to drive in a couple of inches of snow. Traffic was a mess all the way around. It was nice having temps in the 40s on Saturday. We'll see how the rest of the week treats us. Looking at a decent bit of snow tomorrow night into Wednesday, maybe. I still wish we could send this west.

Mike, good luck at the doc's today. I hope it goes well.

Ken, did you get the truck running? Is it a GM diesel? I know you have to prime them after changing fuel filters. I think you can do a search in Tech. A couple of my buddies have had to do it. How are you feeling overall? Read more of TJ Sr's book?

Please keep a couple of special young'uns in mind... my best friends' son Nolen, who we've prayed for before, is getting his tonsils out today. And I posted up in Josie's thread, Josie may need surgery.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all:

Well, it is a decent day already. Not gonna be a great day, but we will take it.

Sure hope everyone is doing well.

Chuck; you know, I have changed that filter at least 6 times before and never had an issue. Of course, I do know that you have to prime the filter, but for what ever reason, I completely forgot about the bleed screw. I went out there on Saturday, but don't ya know, I forgot the damn keys. This getting old crap is a real pain. Going out tomorrow, with the keys, and see if that was the problem.

Other than that, things are going well. I am feeling a lot better with this new vitamin and cyanide and "healthy" diet. We will be off chemo one way or the nother for about 6 weeks. After that, I get a scan to see how this thing works.

Other than that, I'am good.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! A bit nippy out there this morning, supposed to get messy some time tonight. Could get a coating up to a 1/4 inch of ice mixed in with the snow. We'll see what happens in the AM.

Ken, I forget stuff all the time, and have nothing to blame it on. I hope the fresh start has the truck running in 10 minutes. Glad to hear you are feeling better, and hope it continues.

Mike, I'm hoping you're having a good nap, and not any troubles.

Nolen came through the tonsil surgery just fine. Doc had told them about 70 minutes, it went so smooth he was done in 45. Nolen was awake, enjoying his popsicles and attention from the nurses. Still need prayers for Josie, please.

Happy birthday to my buddy Mark Romeo!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Chuck my lastnight sleep turned into a morning nap and kinda got run together Big Grin........for once in my life I'm doing exactly what the dr. ordered he said lay around with your foot up, and relax so doing what the dr. orders makes me sleepie ......... Sleep..................

Got a good report yesterday at the dr. and he said stiches would come out next week and that if the foot continued to look good the picc line could come out also, even though I'm done today with the antibotics they wanted to leave the picc line for another week just so we wouldn't have to do that again, so things are looking up, and thanks for the thoughts and prayer from all my friends here on the GM thread, we'll be back to hauling logs in no time, we hope........................... Praying................................

And prayers sent to Josie and Nolen they ain't nothing that hurts worst than when your babies hurt.................. Praying hug..................................

Hope ya'll have a fine day, me I got to catch back up on my nap time................... Wave...........................................