DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Mike;

So glad to hear from you. From the tone of your post, it seems things went well. At least I hope so.

Had Ol' what's her name in the hospital today for a heart catherteriation, but things also went well here. She is a bit run down from a long day, but a day or two in the sack and she will be good as new. No new stints or nothing. Very small plaque build up, but nothing to fret about.

And now, I can sleep. Couldn't sleep last night, worrying about her.

Well, when you can, let us know how it went.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Ken I'm doing fine got a little more pain than when they took my big toes on the right foot, but not to bad, hopefully go home sometime this evening if the snow don't get to bad they are calling for a little and it's suppose to be colder than a well diggers behind for the next couple days so if I can't get home they'll just have to keep me here and wait on me, but I good with that.......................... Big Grin.....................................

I just want to say thanks to all my Drr GM friends for all the prayers and keeping up with my progress, it's really cool to have friends that keep you in their thoughts and prayers, that to me means a great deal.............................. hug.............................

One thing that happened yesterday that has never happened to me before and I have had a total of seven major surgeries and several big time test that has required me to be put to sleep, but when my dr came in yesterday before the surgery and marked my foot then ask would it be ok to have prayer with me, I said sure would it was just the most comforting thing to know the Dr. that will be taking your life in his hands is my brother in Christ, to me that was the coolest thing....................... Praying hug..............................................................

Well hope ya'lls day is outstanding and Ken I sure hope Pegs report will be a good one, see ya'll afterwhile..................... Wave.....................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Mike;

Great to hear you came through it in relatively good shape, and state of mine. Also nice to hear about your Doctor, that was nice.

Well, I am happy, so I will get off here and do my chores.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Show and wind and cold here today, you'd think it was winter in Pittsburgh or something. More cold all week, will make the car show this weekend all the more needed, it will be warm in the convention center and good to see a lot of racing friends, and some cool rides.

Mike, very glad to hear that you're doing ok so far. I'm really glad you had the extra comfort and peace of mind with your doc saying prayers with you.

Ken, glad to hear nothing major for Peg. Everytime I hear about placque in arteries, I think of my aunts, and how they call broccoli and other veggies "artery scrubbers." Big Grin

Susie, sorry about the 9ers. I was pulling for them, even at the risk they could tie the Steelers for most SB wins. Still another great season for them, and they have a good team for next year.

You all stay warm, and have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, very tired this morning but got to meet with the home health care nurse this evening to do the antibiotic infusion and then rest some more, seems everytime they do something like this to me it makes me weaker longer, so it's nap time ya'll have a great day.............................. Wave......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! And it's a pretty doggone cold one. -2 when I left this morning. I hope all those who have to work out in this weather stay safe.

Mike, good to hear from you. Your body went through a lot on Monday... listen to it and take that nap. I hope it's good and restful for you.

You all stay warm out there, and have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Things here are fine. Hope things are going well for everyone else.

Mike; Hey there old timer, I know exactly what you are saying. Even in a hospital, they would wake me all hours in the night, do something, then say "try and get some sleep", and 30 minutes later, they would be back.

but even being on the outside, it does have a way of dragging you down. Best advice I know of is to just suck it up and be lazy for a few days. I know you need to get out there with the logs, but they can wait. Rest and get better before you start thinking about going to work. It will work out.

We just got back from the VA. had my chemo, and the pump attached. I was really sleepy today. Didn't get much sleep last night, and I have discovered that waking up to an alarm pretty much ruins my day. If I can just lay there and get out of bed when it feels right makes my day go a lot better.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Just got news that a big part or my past has died.

The Mother of my high school sweet heart, and her Brother, my long time best friend.

I am not a touchy/feely kind of guy, but this has brought tears to my eyes.

She was like no other. Somewhat of a cross between a "floozy", a crazy lady, but mostly, a Grande Dame.

She played such a big part of my life. She worked for my Father in his restaurant as a waitress for so many years, I can't count.

Every time I picked up her baby girl for a date, she would call me back to the front door after I had put Bernie in the car. She would whisper in my ear "don't forget, her virginity is for her husband" to which I would reply "Yes ma'am"

She would invite me in for lunch, forget why I was there, and put me to work. (I was never convinced she didn't plan it down to a "T".

Sorry to be rambling on so, but I am just so broken by this. I sure will miss her, but I will always have her in my heart.

God Speed NeMa

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, from the frozen tundra that is Pittsburgh currently. Looks like we're staying that way for another week or so. Helped PRP out with the display and cars for the World of Wheels show yesterday after work. Always good to see beautiful rides in the dead of winter.

Ken, really sorry to hear about NeMa. She sounds like a great character, full of personality.

Mike, I hope you're resting well, and recuperating. Take a nap or 5 for me! Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks, my time table is all messed up right now from sleeping a lot I'm up at night all through the night and then I'm up and down all through the day, so Chuck I'll throw in a couple of naps for you and maybe I'll get back on course before long................................ Wave.....................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everyone. Ken I'm so sorry to hear about NeMa. She sounds like she was quite a kick.
Chuck, we don't need the cold weather, but we sure could use some moisture. The governor has now declared we are in a drought and they have called up additional firefighters because everything is so dry. We are under a red flag warning which doesn't usually happen until July. We have gone 47 days straight without any rain and the farmers are starting to get a bit nervous. Some of our lakes are so low that small towns that were flooded are now starting to show. Makes it a lot of fun to go exploring on lake beds.

Mike, saying lots of prayers for you. You make sure you listen to the doctors and don't try to do too much.

Well you all take care and hello to all mia's. Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Another 0 degree morning when I left the house. Brrr. Looks like we're in for more of the same into next week. I'm tired of wearing so many layers. I feel like Randy in "Christmas Story".

Susie, I wish we could at least send the snow out your way for some moisture. Around here, we haven't really been getting big amounts, but an inch or 2 here and there, which is really more annoying. All cars right now are salt white, at least on the sides and tires.

Mike, glad to see you posting. Sorry your days and nights are mixed up right now. I hope you nap your way back to health! Big Grin I know you dig the old skool stuff... there's a '65 Coronet A/FX at the car show this weekend...

I hope you all have a great weekend! Ice cream - or maybe hot chocolate - time!!
Ice Cream hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Chuck those old dodge make my heart jump love them old cars and the old retro paint jobs are the coolest, thanks for sharing, and I have to post everyday here to hear from all my friends even though I'm late in the day I still have to, it makes my day...................... hug..................................

Susie thanks for all the prayers I sure do appreciate it and Manny does pretty good for me running and fetching stuff and waiting on me he does pretty good to be nearly 12,he'll be 12 the end of march I can't believe he's been with us nearly 10 yr's time surely rolls on................................. hug Double Thumbs up..............................................................

Well hope everyone has a outstanding day I've got to go to the dr.this evening and take a look at my foot for the first time unbandaged so now I'm trying to figure how to be sure and not trade on anything over 15 bucks got to be careful around these country trader they look for advantages all the time.............. Hum No No Eyes Tongue Double Thumbs up................................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Day All;

Well, suppose to be a bad day on the roads here, but in reality, things would have been a hell of a lot better if the idiots stayed home, and TexDot went to work.

Lots and lots of real idiots on the road. Roads are completely dry and they are driving 30 mph and hunched over the steering wheel like they was scared to death. Also, lots of ramps and fly overs closed for no good reason.

Anyway, made it to Peg's appointment (that was all good) and to mine to get the pump out. Got back home with no issues so all is good.

Now, we have lost our TV connection and the internet is real iffy.

Nuttin left to do now, except cuddling and snuggling. Oh Well

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,a little cloudy here this morning in the sky and in my head seems everytime I'm put to sleep for surgeries it takes me a few days to get back in gear, seems I'm foggy in the head,come to think of it I'm always foggy surgery or not atleast according to Hope(my X)they could be something to it.................................. Hum I'm stupid............................

Ken glad to hear that all is good with Peg and you, take it easy and be safe the most dangerous driver in bad weather is the driver that thinks they are wrecking in every curve....................... Hum Eyes..............................................................

I hope everyone has a great day.............................. Wave......................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone, Mike hope you are doing well

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Hey Mike, bring that minnie whinnie out here, park it in my drive way and I'll help you recoup.
I need somebody to talk to on these long weekends with no racin. Buddy is a good listner but he don't add much to the conversation.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, man the suns a shining here and it looks like spring till you stick your head out the door then you realize it's still winter................. Eyes..................................

Hey Junior I'm doing ok just a little sore and bored from laying around with this foot but won't be long I'll be in the old log truck and riding down the road, sure hope you and yours are doing ok........................ Double Thumbs up......................................

Hey Floyd that would be real cool to come out that way and lay around awhile till I heal up but then I mite not won't to leave, I've always loved the west coast just can't ever seem to get out that way life keeps jumping in the way.................... Hum...........................
If Buddy starts talking get it on video cause the next thing will be the world tour of Buddy the talking pup and the Minnie-Winnie diner tour and I'll be glad to drive the bus and pull the diner along man that would surely be a world Tour that everyone would love to see.
The reason I call it the world tour I know the bus and trailer can't cross the big pond and I don't like to fly will just keep circling the US till we travel the distance of a world tour........ Confused Hum Tongue............................
Man I got to get back to work Floyd I'm going loco....................... I'm stupid..............................

Well hope ya'lls day is very good for you and that the suns a shining where you are............................ Wave..............................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Everyone;

Hoping everyone is doing well.

We've been doing well. Had a bit of a problem with my feet, but not as bad as last time.

Peg has me on the regime that Tommy Johnson Sr. suggests in his book. Not sure if it is working yet or not, but I am off the chemo until after the cruise, so will do this until we know something is working or not. Hoping to stay off chemo. It gets very old living like that. Have an appointment at MD Anderson soon. I am trying to tell them that I ain't interested in extending my life by 3 months, which is what they are talking about now. If they can't get rid of the cancer, then never mind. I am holding even now, and it is cheaper.

We went out to dinner for the first time in months tonight. Went to a Thai place. Waitress wanted to know how I wanted my Curry. Spicy or very spicy. I opted for the later. That was a mistake. But, I managed to get through it. Very good, but very, very, very...................very spicy.

It appears that Dallas Raceway is closed. We were planning on attending the
Fab 5 race there the first weekend of March. Don't know where they are moving the race to, but maybe I will have more time to work on the car. We shall see.

OK, going into recovery mode from the Curry. This is not going to be fun. I suppose I should learn, but I never do.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone, This is a Great Day the Lord has give us.

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post