DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Chuck you'll probably regret showing me how to post pic. I'll bored everyone to death with stuff I see while on the road, it's a lot of fun..................... Double Thumbs up......................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, raining pigs and cows here this morning, Eyes rainy Tongue......................but right now I'm dry and the roofs still holding with only a couple of leaks on the mini-Winnie so all is good, hope ya'll have a great day........................... Wave......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang, hope everyone had a great weekend, it's a muddy time here doubt many logs will be moved today, supposed to be another weather mess coming in by wed.according to the weather channel, who knows................... Hum................................

Gotta go to the dr. this morning got another toe all messed up on the same foot where I've already lost one toe, seems like just over night it got real bad, went to ER sat. night and the infection had already taken over that one toe we'll see today if they will need to take one or more of my toes and how much foot, diabeties a never ending battle.....................................

Ya'll have a fine day and I know Susies happy with her 49ers they done good, see ya'll.............................. Wave............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Some week of weather... coldest day in a long long time, to a thunderstorm early Saturday morning, and 50s. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had dinner with a bunch of great friends Saturday, and Sunday dinner with my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, sister, nieces, and nephew. Great stuff. I even got some laundry done, and took my Christmas tree down.

Hi Mike! Wave Nah, I won't be bored. I like seeing pics. Always great to see Manny's smile with his latest catch, or with the critters, and your adventures. I hope everything works out ok for your foot.

The only game I saw over the weekend was the 49ers win, and I also thought Susie would be pretty happy. I just hope Denver beats New England. I can root for SF for Susie, and for the 49ers defensive line coach, Jim Tomsula. He's a Pittsburgh guy, and I went to high school with him freshman year, before he transferred.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, finally off to the dr. they couldn't see me till this morning, I quess my toe falling off is not a emergency to them just don't want taking the toe to turn into taking the foot this bone inf. don't mess around.................. No No..............................

I hope everyone has a great day and hope you can stay dry it's still raining cows and pigs here.................................. Wave rainy........................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Mike........and everyone else. Hope things are going well. Things here are good.............well, sort of.

I had a horrible dream last night. I dreamt that I was a grown-up, and responsible. Not what is that all about. I have never dreamt I was a grown up.

Going out to the track to putz with the car and the generator. I tried that on Saturday, but was so tired and achy that I couldn't get out of the house.

I received TJ's book yesterday, and started reading it. Set it down for a moment, and Peg took over and didn't put it down until she had read the whole thing. Now, she is taking over. Oh ya, that reminds me.

Something happened yesterday, and I have been put out to pasture. Both my girls e-mailed me and told me in no uncertain terms that I have been retired. I am no longer the "go to guy". They will somehow muddle thru life without my assistance. Well, I don't know how that is going to work. They certainly need somebody to fix their tricycles, bicycles, cars, air conditioners and such. I know Dani's husband can't tie his own shoes without supervision. Nice guy, but not handy. And Shannon, well she is pretty handy, but she just doesn't think she can do things.

Anyway, we will see how long this last. I suspect that Peg had something to do with it, so just sitting back and waiting for the first crisis.

OK, got to get moving. I feel great, and plan on taking advantage of the moment.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rainy Tuesday, but that means it's not snowing, at least not yet, maybe later tonight. I'll take it, still feels like a heat wave after the weather a week ago.

Mike, good luck at the doc's. Prayers for you.

Ken, that is a nightmare. I don't want to grow up either. I'm still a Toys R Us kid. Big Grin I hope the book is helpful. It's nice the girls care, but I'm betting you won't be bored.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon All;

Well, like I said, was feeling good this morning so decided to go out to the track and putz with things. First was trying to get our portable generator running. Didn't happen. Can't figure it out. only has one part that counts, and I replaced that. Anyway, heard that those ignitions modules sometimes are bad out of the box. I will get another one soon. It will be cheaper than buying a new generator.

Also, got up on top of the motor home and pulled the a/c unit off so that I could reseal around the opening. It's been leaking a bit lately. I think that part really wore my ass out cause when I was done, I was done.

I did get some small stuff done on the car, so I am happy.

Peg decided to stop at Walmart on the way back, and we must have walked 200 miles trying to remember everything on the list she left home. Now that really killed me.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Ken you wear me out listening to all you do I'm ready for a nap myself, you sorta fit a old saying I've heard from around here, I'm hell when I'm well, but I'm sick a lot, J/K Wink...........I sure admire you personal drive, a guy has to keep moving.................... Double Thumbs up...................................................

Well the news on the toe and foot problem ain't to good Monday the 20th they are going to remove the 4 toes and part of my right foot the infection is about a inch and a half back into my foot, I'll still have about two thirds of my foot left, I had some to spare anyway I wear a size 14 shoe so going to a 12 ain't to bad, wonder if I can buy a mixed size pair of shoes, a 12 and a 14 or find a pal who has the same size feet that has lost part of his left foot and we can trade and both have the shoes we need, he probably wouldn't like my style......................... Hum No No help crying........................J/K I know this is kinda serious but kidding about it seems to help me along................. I'm stupid..............................................................

OK, ya'll have a great day me I'm going looking for a friend that has the same problem I have and see if we can work something out, see ya'll..................... Wave............................................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone; hope all is going well.

Mike; Sorry to hear of your problems with your foot. That sounds drastic. I don't know how I would react to having part of my body removed. I imagine that will affect your balance and such.

And don't read too much in what I say. I putz a bit, then rest. Then putz a bit more. As things are now, there is no way I could hold down a job.

I was pleased on how the a/c repair went. Almost like I knew what I was doing.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
You get out this way Ken and ain't got a lot going on stop by my camper roofs a leaking in 4 or 5 place we can putz along together, and tell some old tales about whatever we want to that should be fun............. I'm stupid................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! It's also my twin nephews' birthdays, 15. I never mess with my sister in law... she had them natural, 8lbs, and 8lbs 1oz. That's a lot of baby! And now they're growing like weeds, hitting that teenager growth spurt.

Ken, I can use a nap after reading that. Sounds like you worked hard. Glad you made some progress on things.

Mike, really sorry to hear about the infection. Keep up your good attitude. You know we're all pulling for you.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Guys;

I really don't work that hard. If I was being paid, I would be kicking stones down the road before lunch.

I get it done, but it takes an awful long time. Good thing for me is Peg is even slower than me, so she thinks I am kicking ass.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, off to find out what time they going to lighting me up ought to pick up a 100th or two losing that much of my foot, not to meantion the part of a littler shoe.......... Hum No No Tongue...............................

Hope you all have a great day and Ken you are still my hero with that attitude................ Double Thumbs up.........................

All this stuff that goes on as we get older makes me think of that song by Craig Morgan that says this ain't nothing, compared to a lot of things we got it made................ Wave...................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Feeling like winter out there again today. But, it's January, it's supposed to.

Ken, I take awhile too, and I'm just fighting my own laziness. Big Grin

Mike, I was just thinking about that song the other day. Still a favorite, as is The Farm's "Be Grateful"

http://www.songlyrics.com/the-.../be-grateful-lyrics/

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, sunny this morning calling for a little white stuff in the afternoon, Mannys schools 2hrs. late today, he's hoping for every ph.call to be the cancelation, I remember always thinking about it the same way......................... Hum Big Grin....................................

Hope ya'lls day is a good one and that the suns a shining where you are................. Wave.....................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Little bit of white stuff floating around here too, through the weekend. I sure remember those days too, wanting to hear my school's name on the cancelled list on the radio. Kinda wish that would happen for work, just once! Big Grin

Mike, prayers for you my friend. I hope the docs get it all, with minimum loss for you.

You make sure you get some ice cream with Mannie. I'll toast you with a milkshake or a sundae this weekend, and I hope our friends will do the same.
Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Well it's that time of year where I don't know whether I'm coming or going. It is good to be busy again. November & December were pretty slow and that isn't good when you're self-employed. But now I go back to making the big dollars (LOL).

Mike, I'm saying a lot of extra prayers for your speedy recovery. Hopefully the amount of your foot that they have to take will be minimal. I'm sure Manny will take very good care of you.

Ken, you have such a wonderful attitude towards your health issues. Of course somehow I think the fact that you have Peggy probably helps a lot. I hope that by going to another doctor, they will be able to come up with something to make things better.

Chuck, oh yeah there was a lot of high fiving and yelling going on in this house last week. Now my 49ers just need to get past the Seachickens and we will be going to another Super Bowl. This is going to be a really tough game and it could go either way. If our defense plays like I know they can and Kaepernick doesn't throw any interceptions, I think we have a really good chance of beating them.

You all have a great weekend. Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, the suns a shining here this morning and not to bad on the cold part, trying to get everything ready for tomorrows surgery so I'll have to let someone else open up the Dinner in the morning.............. Double Thumbs up..............................

Susie thank you and all my friends for the prayers it'll all be OK we'll figure it out as we go, I mite even get to see how it is to be a one legged feller at a arse kicking contest............... Eyes No No Tongue...........................

Well ya'll have a fine day and we'll see ya'll later.......................... Wave..................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks, been along day here in the hospitial but hopefully go home in the morning before the snow comes or mite have to stay till the next day, but it's not to bad the service is good here and the food ain't bad so not to bad see ya'll tomorrow.................... Wave....................................