DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning BB, Rooster and the gang! TGIF it is, going to check out some big dog tonight Car

msf~prayers sent for all

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning All,I've never lived in the rain forest,but I'm beginning to know what it might feel like. Hum
There's enough mud to make the wildest mud slinger happy,but it's ok we'll need the water in the ground down the road.
Well I'm hoping all of ya'll guys and gals,have a wonderful day and if it's the start to your weekend have at it, and have fun and be safe.
Oh and welcome 990wife glad you dropped in yesterday,stop and see us anytime,and have a biscuit with us,oh and you can take Scott one too............ Wink..............................
Lets keep all our friends that are going through some tough times right now in our thoughts and prayers......................See you all later...................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bigblockmadness
posted Hide Post
good mornin drr ppl

Posts: 46 | Location: New Carlisle, Ohio | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Headin' out the back door to start puttin' pieces back on motor and gettin' guage back in car so I can get motor dropped in shortly once headers get here! Holler at you all later! Eat a biscuit or two with apricot preserves for me Mike as I don't have time right now! Wink Big Grin I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Weather looks like it wants to get better. Christine, you're slacking on the anti-rain dance!

I already called Ace #1 back up, no splitters! on the biscuits! (That's what me and my older brothers would yell when we were kids, and our sisters couldn't finish their ice cream. Big Grin)

Marty, Christine was right, you sure have a beautiful angel watching over you now. I'll keep you all in thoughts and prayers. Come on in whenever you need some support, or if you don't, we'll be glad to have you.

Nikki is doing good, 2 days into this round of chemo. Jordan, the girl the hospital staff held a prom for since she was missing it, was released yesterday. Unfortunately, there's a boy named Eli that needs a miracle. Racers are the best people. Even with what Nikki is going through, Karen asked for thoughts and prayers for Eli and his family. And because racers are the best people, I know they'll be sent.

ChuckT <---- Quoting Sgt. Esterhaus from Hill Street Blues: Let's be careful out there.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guy M. Price:
Marty, wasn't aware of your loss until I did a little searching on posts! I grieve for your loss as well, nothing more valuable in this world than a son or daughter or grandchild! Even though you are a long ways away from me I know that you have a lot of strength coming from friends on DRR as well as those who are close personal friends of yours! Absorb that strength and move on! I am sure that is what that beautiful lady would want. I have lost a sister, my parents and my grandparents as well as some close personal friends over the years and delivered eulogies so I know the pain and suffering you are going through! I became very close to a young man who was dwarf and loved to race more than anything in the world and I helped him many times with his car and to lose him at the tender age of 26 was like losing a brother to me several years ago. Stay strong and struggle through this and you will be repaid at some point in your life for your sacrifice! God Bless you and your family from the Price Racing Clan! Frown Hum Roll Eyes Cool

Marty, Guy said it wonderfully. I second his comments.
God Bless.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
I just got word that Eli got his Angel's wings and is with God now. He lost his battle last night. God speed Eli. God bless all the little Angels.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Evening folks. I am sorry to hear the news about Eli. My prayers go out to his family.

I thank you all for your continued prayers, Lord knows I need them. Today was a rough day, I'd cry a bit and laugh a bit. Just reminising.
Maybe I just need one of them cathead biscuits.
BTW - I like strawberry jelly

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Just got in from Pedimonts Big Dog night,and saw where little Eli got to go be with the Lord and Ashley and Dad and I know others,God Bless his family,man it must be busy up there right now,with all the new arrivals,I know God will take real good care of them,and the Angels are a singing for another soul as they come home,but we feel sad here,and miss them real bad,and it's hard to find happy thoughts sometimes,but they are there in all the memories that where made while they were here,even if we don't think it was long enough.
God Blessed all those that have lost loved ones and to all those that are fighting the battle of cancer and especially God Bless the little kids.
Marty you are diffently in our prayers,and I'll see if I can't find that Strawberry Jelly,well good night all,see ya'll in the morning........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
good morning Big L and DRR Smile

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning gang.
This working on Friday sux. I haven't worked on a Friday for almost a year. Oh well, it will be worth it. After this weekend, the next 3 weekends for me will be 4 day weekends. That will be sweet.
Y'all be safe and have a good one.
See ya later.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Transman
posted Hide Post
TGIF day. LONG day yesterday at work... there until 7pm last night, yikes. Only thing faster than the speed of light will be ME leaving at 5 sharp this evening. May do a local group bike ride with the soon-to-be-10 daughter. Depends on how the cracked collar bone is feeling, and if it's raining or not. Well... off to finish prying my eyes open and in to work. A nice Friday and weekend to all!

Steve Oldani (319) 230-1440
oldanimotorsports.20megsfree.com

Posts: 3875 | Location: Waterloo, IA | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning All,right pretty morning here,so far,got to get to mowing before it sets in raining again. Banging Head

welcomeTransman,glad to have you stop by and see us,grab a jelly biscuit,and have a good day,it's tough working those long hours,just glad it ain't 5 day with those hrs.

Ok ya'll have at it,hope you all have a great weekend racing (if you don't get rained on) and be safe,Still thinking of all our friends.

See ya'll later...............................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
Well, it's my Saturday and I've got a lot planned. Gotta sit around and wait for a refridgerator repairman sometime between 8 and 12, gotta wash the old race truck and put a coat of slippery stuff on it before Vegas next weekend, gotta get in a nap or two, boy, I hope I've got enough time for all that.

Mike, carefull with the mowing, don't want to uncover any more bunnies.

Guy, don't suffer any heat stroke getting your toy back together.

Everybody else have a great day like me.

God Bless the ones we have been talking about.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Okay everyone, today is going to be a great day! Thank God that we do have our Angels to watch over us, cause I think we would go crazy. I was thinking about what my Grandma would say when someone passed. She said at night all the stars in the sky were all the people who passed and they light our way through the darkness. They still have that twinkle in their eyes! So with that, today is going to be a good day!

Well, looks like maybe rain this weekend. A chance they say! For those of you racing (I'm jealous) have a spectacular time! Now, if I can get three computers up and running after a transformer blew out the other day when someone hit a telephone pole, I would be so happy!!
Good luck and stay safe!!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Yea, it's the "pits"! Gotta work today! Gotta make sure starter is aligned on the flexplate correctly and have to get my winch working in both directions so when headers get here I can start dropping my motor in! Might play havoc with my mornin' nap! Temperatures are supposed to drop a degree or two today I think so maybe we will be below a 100 again! You all have a good day and you "momma's" get all your stuff done so you can "kick back" on Sunday and let the kids take care of you for a change on Mother's Day! Make 'em bring you breakfast i bed! Eyes Busted Tongue Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Trying to get the Mt Dew working here. I was in the garage til 11:30 last night. All that's left is to put the balancer and radiator in, prime it, and fire up. I don't need prayers for that, but if you wanted to cross your fingers for me, that would be fine. Big Grin I can use all the luck I can get.

Guy, send the dry, but keep most of that heat. I think I'd spontaneously combust out there. And I know I'd burn for a long time. Big Grin Wind is supposed to be wicked for first day of points tomorrow. I'll have to remember to check the flag each pass. Christine, can you add an anti-wind dance to the anti-rain dance?

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there, in case I'm not back before Sunday. Especially to my mom, who survived all 5 of us kids, my sister, and my sister in law.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm finished for the day except for picking up some distilled water for the radiator! Winch is now working, starter is shimmed and plugs all gapped! Now just set, sleep and wait for headers to show up and then the work really begins! Should be able to get everything done in 3-4 hours, depending upon how my "limp" is that day and how hot it is. Guess I will set down and write out my list of engine installation procedures and maybe that will make me sleepy enough to take a nap! You all hang in there, just don't do it upside down as all the blood will run to your head and that could be dangerous! No No Laughing I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

PS: Just got my tracking number on my headers from Nitroplate! They should be here Tuesday so it looks like "hump day" will be engine installation day! Got my list made up and it will be an "old folks heyday" when we get her all in, fire 'er up and find no leaks and lots of power! Thanks to Chris at Nitroplate for getting my headers back in shape and to BTE for taking care of my tranny line pressure guage which is already installed! Can't forget the Zimmerman Racing Engine crew also who, it appears, solved a lot of potential problems in the engine and things should run smoothly again now! Now, back to my nap! ZZZZZZzzzzz!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Guy M. Price,

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin all! T.G.I.F. and good luck to all racing this weekend and happy mothers day to all the moms out there.
BB

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
TGIF. welcome back, Sunshine...

All you can eat biscuits, and some of my Granny's community Famous Strawberry Purzerves (had to dig some of our last stash out of Grandaddy's pantry, just for you Marty.) Enjoy, it's goooooood.

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post