DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, we heard ya did real good. Made it all the way to rd 6.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Had 2 problems Floyd---didn't pay attention to what the numbers from the last round told me and the car slowed down----lost by .oo6 at the stripe.....But I was happy to make a few rounds, be warm, and see lots of friends.....oh, I never bought back either Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
.006 is a close race. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Glad you had fun. Now try to stay warm.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
10 this morning and calling for snow----wonder how the Smart car does with that.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to all... Just looking at some of the weather out east , Pittsburgh high today 27, then Thursday 15 , Friday 9 , Saturday 11!!!! And these are all the highs, I do not know how you can function with those weather conditions. Its hard for me to get the dog out to take a dump when is 40 out here...been watching the stock market lately sure is boosting my 401k.

Fern, That Smart car have a good heater? I hope so, dang I'm not good with cold just seems unnatural.

Chuck, hope you had a great time with all the family over New years...

Camaroracer, Your a lot smarter than me I never looked for a job when I was employed , but to get ahead in this new world I think you must keep one step ahead.

Everyone Have A Great hump Day..... Need for speed

Mike, you going OK out there?

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks RED. I'm not one of those entitled *******s that get hired. The career path here is very blurry at this time. The one company I succeeded in I was able to start legit at the bottom of the totem pole making 27k a year and then 5 years later after hard work, was making 75k a year. A couple more years later making 92k before I got let go after we got bought out. I know I have to work from the bottom somewhere but I also want to try a new field besides just financial. Thinking about healthcare in this case.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camaroracer1258:
Thanks RED. I'm not one of those entitled *******s that get hired. The career path here is very blurry at this time. The one company I succeeded in I was able to start legit at the bottom of the totem pole making 27k a year and then 5 years later after hard work, was making 75k a year. A couple more years later making 92k before I got let go after we got bought out. I know I have to work from the bottom somewhere but I also want to try a new field besides just financial. Thinking about healthcare in this case.

Hey, I hope you were not thinking I was making a negative statement. Like I said I think your making good sound financial sense.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No RED I know you weren't saying anything negative. Sorry it came off like that.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Its all good...

clapping

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I looked outside and that is enough of that. 9 here this morning and the white Smart car is hidden in the snow. BUT Fern has two 4 wheel drive pick ups inside the garage or the car port so if I need to go I can. Should have stayed in FL awhile longer. Hope all on here are OK.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I looked outside and that is enough of that. 9 here this morning and the white Smart car is hidden in the snow. BUT Fern has two 4 wheel drive pick ups inside the garage or the car port so if I need to go I can. Should have stayed in FL awhile longer. Hope all on here are OK.

Hey, Fern,
Where are you?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern is in NC at the "in town" house. Getting ready to take a ride 60mi out to the "country" house to make sure the cold has not hurt anything there. Motor home, race car, etc are out there. There is 6 in of snow out there......I'll let you know how that goes later. Its 10am and the temp is 20. Claimed it was 9 0ver night.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern I hate to tell you this but it's 75* out here on the real Good Coast.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Way to stir the pot....LOL

Have A Great Weekend Everone

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Come on Floyd, to many things I like not allowed in CA so I'll sacrifice the good weather. Everything was ok at the other place for now + picked up a couple of checks. Life is good

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Just pulling your leg, Fern.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I know---cold once more. Brrrrrrrr

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy Sunday, all. Been trying to stay warm here all week. I ran out earlier, and the temps in the teens felt balmy compared to what we've been. Forecast looks real nice this week, once we get past the 2-4" of snow tomorrow.

Nick and Fern, glad you guys had fun and went some rounds.

Floyd, I feel for you, and last week's sad anniversary.

You all stay warm, and enjoy. Back to football now. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,
Hey Fern, we had sprinkles all day and it only got to 65. We're supposed to get thunderstorms and only get to 57* tomorrow. I guess it's winter out here too.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be 57 here tomorrow also. Say what? Raining now