DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone. Having a great time with the kids. We got snow flurries this afternoon, which was really fun. We have a really nice fire going in the fireplace and my daughter baked a chocolate cake. Life is good. You all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and be safe if you travel anywhere. We are going to St. George Island in Florida on Wednesday and will be back in Tennessee on Monday. Looking forward to spending a little time at the beach.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Woke up to about 2 inches of snow, no biggie. It's what may come today and tonight that could be messy... could be rain, could be ice, could be 6 inches of snow, or all of it or a mix. All part of the fun of living in the rust belt. I just hope it clears up enough for people to travel safely over the holiday weekend.

Susie, sounds like a fantastic time. You've seen snow, now you get to see sun and sand, good deal! Big Grin Have a blast!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hi gang...I'm jealous Susie, would love to be at the beach!! Sounds like you are having a great time, enjoy every second!! We have a bunch of cold rain Chuck, kids are out of school so they like that. Sorry about Bonnie Floyd, that is way to young to go. We were down in Mike's back door last night, Adiayn played basketball, their team is undefeated so far, so much fun watching them play! Adiayn is getting a lot of rebounds, got his first basket Sat, we were loving watching the look in his eyes! Life is good!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, winds about to blow us away round here, Susie have fun on the Fla.beaches and think of us folks up here in the cold............. hug Wave..................................

Chuck I'm going to try the PB thing again can't seem to find the numbers you are speaking of, the pic.I wanted to post is one of the most amazing pic. of the sky and clouds I've ever seen................... help................................

Hope you all have a warm and good day and Happy Thanksgiving eve to all..................................... Double Thumbs up...........................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Storm kind of fizzled out, which is fine by me. The warmer air stayed around us, so we got rain. If it had been a little colder, it would have been 10 inches of snow. I don't have to shovel rain, so I'm good with that. And it should make for safer travels.

Michelle, great stuff, so are the family pics!

Mike, you got the pic thing now!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope your day will be as good as mine, surrounded by family, and great food, having a lot of fun.

Tonight, a bunch of us are gathering at the local sports bar, a tradition about 7 years strong now. It's a special one... this is the 4th anniversary of Mark's passing. Christine said she's coming, and I hope she does. I will never forget that day, getting her message.. that's all I have to say about that. We will remember our friend with more smiles and laughs than tears, and be thankful.

You all have a great day, Thanksgiving, and weekend.
hug

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post

Now we may get carried away posting pic....................... Double Thumbs up....................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
...............Mike at his best lol..................... Wave...............................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Double Thumbs upthis is manny,i love to fish Big Grin........

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Large or small Mannys always smiling when fishing....................... Big Grin...........................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Wow Mike;

That's one good looking young man. Can't say that for who ever the old **** is, but Manny is "the man."

Things here are good. hopefully the weather will improve so we can get a car or two down track. We shall see

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Thanksgiving morning to you all, a little cool today but going to warm up nicely before the day ends as long as the wind lays down I'm good....................... Double Thumbs up...............................

Ken you are so right Manny is a good looking kid with a great personality and I may sound a little proud but look what he has to look up to and he's still turning out good.................... Hum I'm stupid Wave Double Thumbs up..............................................................

Well hope all ya'lls turkeys are juicy and all you side items are great and the dessert table anything sweet is good so don't eat to much and have a great day........................... Praying hug Wave................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, looking good for the day after Thanksgiving lots of stuff to do going to warm up as we get into weekend, that folks is something to be thankful for................................. Praying...........................................

Hope ya'lls fri.and weekend are great Manny says we're going trout fishing this evening we'll see how that works out, probably go for a little while, see ya'll afterwhile................................ Wave...........................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Mike; You are one lucky dude. I got lucky, very lucky. I had two girls, and somehow, they survived me to become wonderful young ladies. I thought for sure they would wind up in prison, or living in a bad part of town and living with some idiot boy friend. Well, they both tried that (the boyfriend, not prison) and found it a bit wanting. Now, I am so proud of my girls. They are both doing a lot better than I with raising kids. Thank God.

Went to bed last night ready for the T-n-T tonight, and the race tomorrow. Feeling great.

Woke up in the middle of the night with something wrong. My feet were burning and hurting like Hell.

I have chemo induced, peripheral neuropathy but it has always been a minor annoyance until last night. I can't walk or even stand up without hanging on to something and keeping my feet off the floor. It feels like my feet have been burned, and I am walking on sharp gravel. And that is when I am lying in bed doing nothing.

I had an appointment this morning to take my pump out, so saw the doc at the same time. As seems to be usual with me, the doc says it is the opposite of what should be happening. Gave me some meds, but they are not working as of yet.

I've been sleeping a lot today, and just woke up a bit ago. Peg made me a grand meal of hot turkey sandwich with mashed spuds and cranberry relish. Damn, that is one fine woman.

Anyway, I am going to set this laptop aside and go back to sleep. I don't think I will make the race tomorrow, but I have another appointment with my pcp doc Monday, and hopefully, it will get better.

OK, I am outta here.

Ken Gasbarri

OH, I told Peg that lots of sex would help cure my problem. She agrees. Told me that if I have enough money left from my allowance, and a way to find a hooker, go for it. I am not sure she is being sincere.

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, still waking up to a little cool weather but hey it is nov. so onward and upward................... Double Thumbs up...........................................

Ken,sorry to here about your feet, I can relate I also have PN and man it ain't no fun ,sure hope whatever the dr.gives you helps and that Peg she sure is a Queen in my book you're the lucky man, and thanks again for what you are saying about Manny he and I are two happy nuts in a shell ........................ Hum I'm stupid hug................................................

Hope everyone has a great day................................ Wave..................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Everyone;

Hopin everyone is doing well.

The weather here is presently great for racing. problem is, no racing.

On another thought, I've began to wonder just what is going on with my life. We've pretty much dedicated our lives to drag racing for the near future. That is not a big deal because we can still travel short trips between VA visits if there is no racing.

But, it has been forever since we actually entered a real race. There was a couple times the car was broke. We could have spent a lot of money to fix it right now, or wait and do it on a budget, but we missed a few races because I am cheap. Then there is the weather. I really feel sorry for the track. They get a lot of cancellations because of weather, and they also lose a lot of racers, because they don't want to tow a great distance just to be cancelled. Sometimes they are right, and sometimes not.

Then there is what I would call health, but I am not so sure that is accurate. This last week, I was feeling great. The weather was looking to be perfect, and the track had a "arm drop" race scheduled. Something I really wanted to attend. Anyway, went to bed Thursday night only to wake up in the middle of the night with my feet on fire. Don't know what caused it, or why. I had to take some pain pills, and sleep with my feet hanging over the bed because anything touching my feet, like a sheet was extremely painful. I had an appointment at the VA Friday morning. It was a ***** getting to the car. I had two walking sticks and did manage to make it to the car. Funny thing. I almost never use the valet parking service, unless there is no regular parking left. But Friday, they had the main entrance closed for remodeling so we had to go to the side entrance. There was a very nice fellow there that offered me a wheel chair. I refused at first, but as soon as I got to my feet, I knew I was not going to make it all the way to the chemo clinic, so I did accept. The docs looked at it and gave me some meds to help, but had no idea why this happened.

Well, had the same thing happen leaving the VA. needed a chair to get to the car. And all the time this was happening, everyone was so kind and understanding with my whinny ass self. These people are special. Anyway, did manage to get home and get to bed where I pretty much stayed until last evening. The pain was a lot less, and I was able to walk around the house with my slippers on. Today, I can walk pretty good, but still not ready to go walking off on a path or anything.

So, my mind is asking: WHY. I have had 3 or 4 health issues that have stopped me from entering a special race that I was really interested in entering.

Maybe someone or something is trying to tell me something, maybe, subconsciously, I am doing things to sabotage my racing, or even, all the other racers are scared of me and conspiring to keep me off the track. ok, considering my racing talent, the later is probably no so, but, It just seems weird that I am missing all these races for one reason or another.

OK, I spent a lot of time on my back with my mind off the leash, but I am finished for now. Y'all can wake up now and move on.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, looks to be a nice day around here so going to get after it in a bit, ya'll have a fine day....................................... Wave.................................

Ken my friend when folks have health issues all kinda things run around in their head, me I'm always thinking about why I even try to race, but just knowing I have that option makes me feel some better and to look outside the camper and see the vette loaded and ready to go is comforting................. Double Thumbs up.........................
Ken you have a fine day you are in our thoughts and prayers my friend................................. Praying.......................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope your Thanksgiving was as great or better than mine. Wednesday night, we had probably close to 53 people for our annual night before Thanksgiving get together at the sports bar. Christine and all her boys made it, which was really cool. Always glad to see my friends, and on that special night, glad they chose to spend it with the racing family.

My niece goes to Pitt, and was done Tuesday, so dad picked her up and took her to my brother's out east. I picked mom up Thursday morning and we joined them. My sister in law made quite the feast, her stuffing now ranks #2 to mom's. My sister and her kids came out Friday, since her husband had to work all weekend. Lots of good stuff. Her youngest is walking now, and motors around pretty good. Great stuff.

Ken, I hope your feet feel better. That sounds really painful, in addition to being inconvenient. I hope it goes away quick.

Mike, great pics with Manny, gotta love seeing smiling kids.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Wow Chuck, sounds like you had one of them old fashion grand Thanksgivings. Glad to hear it. sounds wonderful.

Our family is spread out all across the continent, and Hawaii too, so we don't get together that often. Gonna be doing that in Feb when we all go on a cruise. It is our family gathering. And just like others, we have our share of little cat fights, but all in all, it is a grand time.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning everybody gotta go pay county taxes before I get to thinking about it, pretty sure if I think about it I'll get mad............... Mad..................................

Ya'll have a fine day and see ya'll afterwhile ....................... Wave..........................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Sun is out now, getting a warm couple of days in the 50s before the next round of wet/white stuff comes down.

Yeah, Ken, it's good stuff. We're kind of the same way. My youngest sister is in South Carolina, and my older brother is in San Francisco, and a merchant mariner. The times we are all together is pretty rare. That's great you're going on a cruise.

Mike, thinking only gets most people in trouble. Big Grin