DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Nice day yesterday getting washed away this morning... raining and dropping the temps into the 40s. Looking like a nice day Saturday though, will be on the mic at PRP.

Floyd, great to hear about Buddy. I hope he's all good now and back to normal.

Mouse, congrats on your 28th anniversary!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, about 28 here this morning,trying to figure out if it'll reach 50 today I'll wear short pants under my coveralls, going to haul logs and it may get hot afterwhile so got to be ready for whatever comes along.................. Hum Tongue...............................

Well hope you folks all have a great and outstanding Friday and weekend................................ Double Thumbs up................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Cold start to the weekend, but we'll be warming up enough to get racing in tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing some cars, as I know we're nearing the end of the season.

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!!
Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,late night lastnight spent with mom in the ER, she had gathered a lot of fluid and was swelling in her stomach and legs, she finally got put in a reg.room about 1am and I got home wound up and couldn't go to sleep till 5am so I feel well rough and mom is settled and resting as they get the fluid off her and please remember her in your prayers she seems to go down a little more each time I take her to the ER.......................... Praying..................................

Hope ya'lls day is good and we'll hope to see ya'll afterwhile............................................... Wave..............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Day Everyone;

Hope everyone is doing well.

Mike; Our thoughts are with you and Mom. Get some rest, and take care of yourself so you can be there for your Mom.

Things here are not so bad. Went out to the track yesterday to make some T-n-T passes. Thinking the gate opens at 5:00 and time trials at 6:00, but discovered that gates don't open until 8:00. Hell, I was spectin to be on my way home by 8:00. Gave it some thought, and called it a day. Now I have to wait for awhile before I get another shot. But, all things considered, life is good.

Again, Mike, good thoughts for you Mom.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,mom still at hospitial they are still getting fluid off her,so still keep her in your thoughts and prayers,and Ken thank you for the kind words with all you got going on and still you find it in your heart to think of mom and me, that just tells me what a kind friend and pal you are,thanks again.........................................

Well got to get after that unrulely IT thing again,got to get a few things done this morning and haul a few logs this evening and hopefully Mom comes home tomorrow, ya'll have a good day............................................ Praying Wave....................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mikey, you know my thoughts are with you and mom. You take care of yourself so you can take care of her.

Buddy got all his stitches out and he's back to normal playing with the boxers next door.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Floyd to me that's why this thread has always been such a cool thread folks like you and everyone here is very quick and good to have your back in times of troubles, and this is one reason it's so great to be a part of the good morning thread,and thanks again,and I'm so glad that Buddy is getting back to normal............................. hug.......I know fellers don't do a lot of hugging but I think this calls for one or two............ hug..................................................

Mom may get to come home today, they started her on a new kind of med. for her fluid problem and she said this morning it seems to be working better than the old med.so we are in much prayer that it will help her in her final days to be more comfortable and she can get back to enjoying her time here.................. Praying hug........................................

Hope ya'lls day is great mine is going to be a good one I can just feel it, Happy 11-12-13 to you all.................... hug ...........what the heck one more hug can't hurt.................................. Double Thumbs up..........................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Got our first couple of inches of snow overnight. Most of it should be gone today, tomorrow at the latest. I'm not really ready for that... give me another month.

Mike, prayers for mom, been wondering how she's doing. I hope she is feeling better now with the new meds and gets to come home.

Ken, sorry you didn't get to make some hits. I hope you get to go back soon.

Floyd, awesome that Buddy is up and running around back to normal. How is your mom?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning 25 degrees here this morning made me have to put my big boy pants on this morning, going to be in the low 60's come sat. and sun they say,be shorts and t-shirt time again.................. Double Thumbs up......................................

Hope everyone has a great day see ya'll afterwhile........................ Wave............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yeah, Chuck, Buddy was out whippin up on the boxers last night. The 4 of them are fun to watch.
Mom is doing good. I went over for a veterans day celebration they had. There are several veterans at the home. Funny thing is I'm older than a couple of them. Guess I'm lucky.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Sun is out, but it's still a little cool out, in the 30s today. Makes it hard to come out from under the covers when the alarm goes off. It is supposed to warm up here a little over the next couple of days too, but I don't think we're seeing shorts weather.

Floyd, glad to hear mom is doing well. I bet Buddy is fun to watch with his friends. 2 of my buddies bring their dogs to the track, and they play and play and run themselves til they're spent.

You all have a good day!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Mike sorry to hear that mom is back in the hospital again, but saying prayers that the new medicine works. Floyd glad to see that Buddy is back to his old self again.

Ok so here's a story on why you should always pay attention when you are walking, even if you have walked the same path for years. On Monday morning I get to the office and decide to go out and get the mail that has piled up in the box over the weekend. I'm walking out there at a pretty good pace, enjoying the beautiful blue sky and crisp cold air, when all of a sudden I trip over a sprinkler head that is sticking up a good 10 inches in the air. I have stepped over this sprinkler head at least 1000 times but of course it has always been at its normal height which is in the ground, not sticking up. I tried to catch myself from falling, but that wasn't going to happen. I go flying off the sidewalk at full speed knowing I am going to hit the ground hard. I put my hands out to break my fall, but my forward motion was too fast and I proceed to smash my face nose first into the asphalt parking lot. At first I am a little dazed, but all I can think of is OH NO I've broken my nose and I'm supposed to fly to Tennessee on Saturday. I roll over and sit up, amazingly there is no blood pouring out, but I'm still sure I have broken my nose. I stumble back into the office where Mike (he shares the office with me) sees me and says wth happened. I proceed to tell him, but apparently I am not answering quickly enough or in the proper manner, so he calls 911. The paramedics show up while I am on the phone with my doctors office making an appointment to get in there right away. I have no intention of going to the hospital or paying for an ambulance. So the paramedics look at me and say it doesn't appear that I have broken my nose, but I should go with them to the hospital so I can be checked out completely. I think they must work on commission, cause he was really pushing me going to the hospital, even though he admitted that everything looked okay. He even went so far as to say I could die if my brain was bleeding and they didn't catch it. I had to sign a piece of paper saying I wouldn't hold them responsible and that I was going to see my doctor right away. So Mike takes me to my doctor and by then I was laughing and making jokes about it. Neither the doctor or I could believe my nose wasn't broken talk about lucky. So my nose is all banged up, I have scrapes all over my hands and my knee is kinda screwed up, but other than that I've never been better. All I can figure is my Dad was watching from heaven and somehow cushioned my fall so I wouldn't get hurt real bad.

So let this be a lesson to all of you, watch where you are going even if you've walked that path a thousand times.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Susie,
You need to learn to tuck and roll. LOL!
Sorry you got hurt. Those sprinkler heads get mean. hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening All;

Susie;

Damn girl, you need to be a bit more careful. But, good thing your Dad was watching over you. Hope your trip to Tennessee goes well.

Hope everyone else is also doing well. Things here are going well. Went to the VA today and had the pump plumbed in again. Get it out on Friday. Next time is the big deal. Having another Cat Scan and depending on results, we may change everything again. if nothing else, it sure keeps me on my toes. Never know what next week will hold for us.

Peg is sure a trooper. I got real lucky when I tricked her into marrying me. Can't imagine anyone else that would put up with my sorry ass. Just to show how much I appreciate her, I let her make a batch of pot sticker tonight. Did a great job, so I let her have a couple for herself. I am a generous kind of guy.

Anyway, got to go. I need to find some kind of salve to put on my bruises.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Another brisk start to the day. It gets cold standing at the bus stop. Supposed to warm up to 40s today, 50s tomorrow and Saturday. Maybe I'll get something done on the Cutlass this weekend.

Susie, owch, sorry to hear that, but glad it wasn't worse. I hope you shake the bumps and bruises off quickly. I like thinking your dad helped you out.

Ken, I hope your bruises heal quickly too, though yours are a different type of self inflicted. Big Grin Now I'm wanting some pot stickers.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, dang Susie you sound like me,if It can be tripped over I usally find it, glad you didn't get hurt to bad, and enjoy you travels................. hug.................................

Well got to go to Walmart to get some meds and stuff for mom,she came home yesterday and is still mighty weak so we'll see if we can't make her more confortable .................. hug Praying Wave..........................................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Darn Floyd, it happened so fast I didn't even have time to think about the tuck & roll, but that sure would have made a difference. LOL Other than the fact that my nose looks like it belongs to WC Fields I'm healing up pretty quickly. Still can't get over the fact that I didn't break anything, just amazing.

Mike, glad to hear that Mom is out of the hospital and home. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Ken, I hope all goes well for you on Friday. Of course I will be keeping you in my prayers just for a little extra insurance.

You all have a wonderful day and be careful out there.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying
Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,got up a little late got to get after it,see ya'll after while............................... Wave.......................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sunday morning folks,a little damp here this morning hoping it'll get outa here today and I can start the week off and get something done..................... Double Thumbs up..............................

Hope all ya'll have a great sunday and get some rest and have some fun along the way............................. Wave............................................................