DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Mike

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,hey Jr. hows everything in wild and wonderful W.Va. it's going to be a nicen here today may cool off in the middle of the week but it is late nov.and I'm still in my short britches so all is great in my world........................ Double Thumbs up.................................

Want to send prayers out to all those folks in the mid-west and especially in Ill. really sad to see those pictures of all the devastation prayers sent these folks way.................... Praying......................................

Hope everyone has a great day and a nice week, see ya'll after while........................................ Wave......................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Definitely sending prayers out to the midwest, and to the Phillipines. By the time that line of storms from the midwest came over, they lost some steam, but there were still some gusts up to 55mph. Maybe the wind thought it would get pulled over for speeding?? Tongue Big Grin

Glad to hear mom is home, Mike. And the Steelers won a hard fought game yesterday, even dressed as bumblebee convicts. Might be some hope here to make the playoffs.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sleep
Mornin' all....
Sleep

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, me too Chuck, Sleep...me too Sleep............................

Hope everyone has a great day tune in tomorrow for a great fishing story bought to you by Manny the master fisherman............. hug............. Wave..................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone. Got into Tennessee on Saturday and been busy since I got here. Having a great time with the kids. Looking forward to getting together with my cousin who lives in Cookeville. We haven't seen each other in about 8 years, so we will have a lot to talk about.
Well you all have a wonderful evening & I'll check in soon.
Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying
Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Had to do a very hard thing last night. Went with my daughter and 2 nieces to tell my mother her daughter-in-law passed away yesterday morning. Bonnie was 47 and had a massive heart attack. She leaves behind my brother and 4 daughters. It was real hard on mom but with her faith in God she will be all right.
RIP Bonnie. Praying Angel crying

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Susie; Have a grand time in Tenn with your family and friends.

Floyd; Sorry to hear about your Sister in law. Hope your Mom continues to cope well. You are in our thoughts.

Hoping everyone else is doing well, and continue to do so.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks......................

Floyd so sorry to heat about the passing of your sister in law,47 man we sure ain't promised tomorrow, we will be in prayer for your WhOlE family,especially your mom it sure is hard seeing our moms suffer................. Praying hug.............................

Susie hope you have fun in Tenn. one of these days when you and Homegrown gets a little closer to us, Manny and I are going to take a road trip and say hey............ Wave...........................

Speaking of Manny, I got up yesterday morning late and had to get going, can't figure that one out I'm not punching a clock but when I get up late it's like panic, got to get going.................. Hum..................

As for Mannys fishing story to me this is to cool, Manny and I was fish in the creek Monday evening for trout and I caught a little knotty head and was taking him or her lol off the hook and had laid the reel down and the little fish jumped out of my hand and pulled my rod and reel in with it the fish still hooked up, so I thought there goes my favorite rod, and the HoLe we was fishing in is deep so I figure it went to the bottom and I said to Manny well that one is gone.
And then I said I believe I can see the fish or the reel laying on the side of the HoLe down pretty deep, and Manny said here Dad I can fish that out, and I said sure kid go ahead.
Now we are atleast 10'up from the water and then the rod was another 5' down and believe it or not that youngen hooked that rod and reel and fish and brought it in, it didn't take him 5mins. and he said see Dad, you gotta believe, and I felt about 2' tall, but then thought can you believe my boy the new Manny (Dance) Hawks is amazing maybe a little luck(and I good with that) or maybe just a good fisherman, I think I was as proud as I was when he ran his first touchdown the other year and won the game, I quess this is why we do so much together he and I, the good Lord just blesses us with cool things that warms your heart, wow is all I could say.................. hug Double Thumbs up...................................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Hawks,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone, Cant believe i beat Mike up this morning.

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Junior I cannot get out of the bed lately it's got to be all those long days and nights of racing when we where younger............... Hum.............or just pure old sorryness.............. Double Thumbs up..................................

I used to have a t-shirt that had my life long job title on it, it said World's Greatest Lofer..................thought that always fitted me well.............. Wink..............................

Well hope ya'lls day is good and you get a little of what you want today we don't want you all getting spoiled............. Wave.............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Lots of sun yesterday, and supposed to be some more today, with a decent temperature.

Floyd, I'm really sorry to hear about your sister in law. I feel for your brother, nieces, you, and your family.

Susie, so glad to hear you're safely in TN, and having a great time. Sounds like you have all the good stuff lined up for an awesome trip.

Mike, that is awesome! The time you and Manny spend together, making memories, great stuff! And what a catch, getting the rig hooked and back up!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, got a few things to do today one of my younger sisters that farms called lastnight and needed a little mech.work done on a tractor so I'm off to help her out..................................

And I hope you all can check out my other younger sisters website it's handmade clothing she makes for kids as well as bigger folks, pretty neat didn't really know she did all she does thought she just had a small business for local folks, man she's selling stuff all over , check her out on the Attention thread on Drr GD.........................................

Chuck you are so right about making memories Manny and I are real pals, we get to do some cool stuff, I have folks say that Manny is really a lucky kid to have me, well I think I'm the lucky one to have Mannys, one cool kid and fisherman.......................... hug.....................................................

Well hope you all have a outstanding day and it is Friday so that's a plus in itself................................. Double Thumbs up..............................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Rainy day, hoping it stops for a spell later. It's Light Up Night here in downtown Pittsburgh... all the buildings leave their lights on, bunch of different events all around town, to kick off the Christmas shopping season. It's pretty cool.

At PRP tomorrow, we're closing the year with a slow index race, should be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it. Plus we get a turkey and the trimmings lunch included! Yum! Big Grin

I'll have to check your sister's site out, Mike. Can't beat that... truly made in the USA! I think you and Manny are good for each other, and hope you always stay this close and keep having the memories.

It's ice cream time! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Everyone;

Well, wouldn't you know it. First time in a week or so that I am feeling pretty good and ready to go, and the dumb ass weatherman had to make it cold and rainy. All races cancelled.

But, I was sitting in my lazy boy half asleep and the thought occurred to me that life is good. I get to stay inside, warm and dry, and spend some quality time with ol' what's her name. That is good.

Also, I realized how much effort racing takes. Even if you don't need to thrash on the car, you need to stay focused, pay attention to everything that is happening at the track, concentrate on what needs to be done. and try not to be distracted by all your friends and family. It really does take a lot of effort to get the car down the track.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, sure is windy here this morning and cooling off winds of change......................
Rode the tractor 10hrs. yesterday I've got saddle sores this morning never considered myself to have a boney butt, lol, going to have to carry me a extra pillow for the tractor seat................... big idea.............................

Hope ya'lls sat. will be a gooden see ya'll around................... Wave...............................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, man it got cold here over night, around 23 when I got up this morning yea it's nov.............. Smile...........................

Good day for homemade veg.beef soup and grilled cheese sandwiches....................... Double Thumbs up.............................

Have a great sunday ya'll...................... Wave.................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Brrrrrrrrrr this morning 18 here and maybe see high 30's today going to be cool on that tractor today, but hey it feels good to be needed.................... hug..................................

Hope ya'lls day is great and you are warm wherever you are........................... Praying Wave........................................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone, Mike it was 14 here this morning and man you are early this morning

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Bbbrrrisk start to the day here too, sun is out now, might hit mid 30s. Tomorrow and Weds, possibility of 6 or more inches of snow, depending which way these storms move. I'm good with all that, I just hope it's over before Thursday morning, when I pick up mom and head to my brother's.

The index race was a lot of fun Saturday. I had a tenth on the tree in the first race, but gave up the stripe bad, laying back too far. Second race, I won first round, then did the same thing again second round. Lunch was tasty, plus, it was Karen's birthday, so we all sang to her, and shared in the cake. We just beat the snow flurries that moved in about 15 minutes after we finished.

Ken, warm and dry is a good thing to be, especially as winter moves in. Nap time and quality time is good too.

Get a warm pillow for that tractor, Mike! Big Grin Steelers are making a push now, hopefully they can beat Baltimore Thursday night.