DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I think I need a vacation from my vacation. I like sleeping in, but I was up early every day for racing. Got to get used to the fact the offseason is coming up and chances are I won't have the Cutlass running before PRP closes this season. Oh well. I'll be out strong and early in April, ready to go.

Yesterday was my oldest brother's 25th wedding anniversary. My sister in law is awesome, glad she's put up with him and all of us. And today is my best friend Doug's birthday, and my friend Beth's (Mark Romeo's wife) too. Here's hoping they have an excellent birthday! Smile

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Happy Halloween DRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Party

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Happy Halloween! I hope all the kids, of every age, get treats, no tricks. Big Grin

Sorry Nicole, about the Cards. Great run this year though.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Everyone;

Hopin everyone is doing well. Don't overdose on candy tonight. I will be hitting the candy sales tomorrow.

Today is my second day on the juice. Going well. I spent most of the day at the track putzing on the car. Made a template of my new dash panel out of cardboard. Transfering the pattern to aluminum next Monday. Also, been having problems hitting the tree. So, next Wednesday, I will go back to the tranny brake and see if I can get a bit more consistant. If not, I guess I am going to have to see about a new converter. Not really happy about the money, but hey, it's racing.

Also, going to cut out the license plate area in the glass front clip. Need to get some more air into the radiator, and have a place to mount a set of fog lights so I can find my way back on the return road, the UNLIT return road.

I go in tomorrow to have my pump removed. You should see the looks on faces when I tell them I have a "bomba" attached to my chest. "bomba" if you don't know is spanish (Mexican) for pump.

Hey, it's not my word.

Anyway, got lots of things to do. Have to glue the head liner back up on the Mercdedes, change oil on both the Mercedes, and the truck. Find out why my portable generator doesn't have any spark and fix it. Build a 8' X 12' deck for the RV, and draw up a wiring diagram for the race car. So, I should not be bored in the next few days. Oh, and I have two naps a day scheduled so I will be busy.

gotta go

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Ken slow down I'm tried already just from reading all that activity,take it easy on them naps they can be hard on a man............ Wink................................

Hope everybody has a great day................................... Double Thumbs up..........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hard to believe it is November already, grt night for the kids last night...I have never seen a child who loves candy as much as Adiayn, it's so fun to watch him and to find his "stashes" all over the house!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Hoping the weather cooperates tomorrow... not racing, but will be at the track, and a fuel altered is scheduled to come out and make a couple of hits. I'm in the mood for a little nitro.

Michelle, haven't been on FB yet, but I saw the zombie going to the dance. Was he the same last night, or go for a different costume? I'm waiting on the folks here to bring in their leftovers Big Grin

Ken, you read my mind about the candy sales. I'm hoping the Mallo Cups are still there. I hope you don't tell the wrong person about your bomba, and you end up getting extensively "examined". Especially with that schedule... gotta get those naps in!

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,a little chilly here thinking this may be a long pants day well see I hate to have to put long pants on.......................... No No................................

Had a weird thing happen yesterday fishing at my cousins pond,Manny has to go atleast 1 time a week no matter how cold but it was a nice afternoon and always a good time had when sitting on the pond bank,but on one of my cast the wind was stirring a little more than I liked but when I cast a bird flew by and it's wing caught my line and was flying across the pond I was afraid he was going to get hooked so I jerked the line real hard and it come out from under his wing before the hook got to him, Manny and myself where like did that just happen it was to funny especially after we saw the bird was ok..................... Double Thumbs up..........................................

Hope ya'll's day is fine and we'll check back in afterwhile......................... Wave.......................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike that is called Fly Fishing. LOL

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Hoping that everyone is fine.

Mike; Down here on the "third coast", sometimes, you need to throw a shrimp up to distract the sea gulls before you throw your bait out, or it will never reach the water.

Well, I've had some issues lately. But, thinking it is all caused by my lifestyle, and not the chemo. Hot, spicy, nasty food, too much tequila, too little sleep, and thrashing too hard on the car. But, I am better and better, so tomorrow, I start all over again.

I mocked up a new dash panel for the car with cardboard, and today, picked up a sheet of aluminum and will be transferring the dimensions to the aluminum tomorrow, maybe Wednesday. Even if I do say so myself, it is gonna look pretty good if all goes well.

I have been "pondering" the reasons behind my RT fiasco, and looking back, I realized that I made a number of changes to the car and the driver all at the same time. So, next chance I get, gonna go back to step one and start all over again.

So, I still have a number of things to do, but I have time, and hopefully, I will feel up to it.

OK, gotta go.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Beautiful morning here in Cana, morning air is crisp not cold and another short pants day............................. Double Thumbs up.........................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Lot better than yesterday.

Yesterday I shot a big buck(life time kind) and trailed for almost 6 hours and only found him for half second of him getting up and hauling butt.
Today at almost same time shot nice 10 point,but not as big as yesterdays deer.Now it bad when you shoot a 10 and still mad about the one you should have waited a few seconds more for better shot.

Hate wounding and not recovering a animal and especailly when it looks like the one you have been hunting 35 years for.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Nice looking day out there. Ringling Bros Circus is in town this week. Pretty cool to see the elephants and horses walk through the streets of downtown Pittsburgh, from the train station to the Consol Center. I wish I had been outside to get a pic of it.

Mike, that's pretty wild. Glad the birdy was ok. Unless it was a chicken or turkey that would have been some good eatin'. Big Grin

Ken, I hope the issues calm down. Sucks having to be a grown up, doesn't it? Go back to the basics on your RT. You know what to do.

WO, sorry to hear you couldn't catch up to the big one. It does suck to hit and not find him.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Typical fall day here on the left coast. Woke up to 40 degrees and should warm up to high 60's this afternoon. I love this kind of weather, cool crisp & bright blue skies.

Well 11 more days and I will be in Tennessee. To say I am getting excited is putting it mildly, just can't wait to collect those hugs from the daughter & son-in-law. They also just informed me that they are taking me to St. George Island in Florida for Thanksgiving. They rented a house and we are going to spend 5 days down there. I have never been to Florida so this will be a new adventure for me.

You all have a great day. Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening All;

Hoping everyone is doing well.

Susie; I am available over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Other than that, we were at the track today to make a few minor changes to the car. Basically, changing it back to how it was before I started having the problems with the tree.

Anyway, Peg wrecked the car. I was backing the car out of the trailer, so that she could drive the golf cart into the trailer, when she let me back the car into a semi. Put a big gash into the glass rear bumper.

I am being very nice about this, and not making it worse than it is for her. I am sure she feels pretty bad about what she did. That is punishment enough for her, but still, rules are rules, and I will have to withhold "favors" for at least the remainder of the evening. Such is life.

Gotta Go

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks............................

Susie have fun,I know you will................

Ken you sound like me with all the luck........

Chuck what are we going to do with our Steelers man they are so close to being ok but not great..........................................

WO,nothing worse than shooting a deer and then can't find it,tough deal for sure..............

Well to all our MIA's come see us when you can,coffees hot and the milk is cold,and the bisquits are fluffy and the bacon crisp,so missing all our friends....................................... Praying hug.......................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Been eating pop corn and reading about the "championship". Not much else going on.
Buddy gets his stitches out Friday. He'll be happy.
http://imageshack.us/a/img34/912/a57.JPG

Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Nice fall day today, sunny blue skies, touching mid 60s I think the talking heads said. Cooling off a little, but looking dry for Saturday, getting the last few fixes of the season in. Here's the slideshow of the elephants walking through town yesterday:
http://www.post-gazette.com/ga...g-Bros-elephant-walk

Susie, I bet you're excited. I'm only driving across the state, and I can't wait either. That's awesome you're heading to FL. I think you'll like it.

Ken, good to see you rule with a stern hand. I'm sure Peg may have had a suggestion on what you do with that hand. Big Grin I hope the bumper isn't too bad, and you have success tonight. With the car. You're on your own with the "favors". Guessing Peg may have told you that, too. Big Grin

Mike, it's a hard season, for sure. Injuries have been a killer, starting with Pouncey in the first game. Looks like another season with no playoffs. Ah well. Let's go Pens! Big Grin

Floyd, I missed something... what happened to Buddy?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck,
Buddy had a tumor on his chest that needed to get removed before it got too big. He's fine now, just had a couple of bad days from the anesthetic.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,a little ran falling here this morning then the sun comes out this evening we can only hope....................................

Glad to hear buddy's going to be ok,Floyd,nothing worst than when a pal is feeling bad.................... hug.....................................

Hope everyones day if good..................................... Wave..........................................................