DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Kinda gray and cloudy today here, supposed to get some rain. Looking like rain on Saturday too, Mad ... maybe it will change. I'd like to get some hits in on whatever I'm taking to Norwalk Sunday. You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

We have a break in the weather for today. Don't know how long it will last.

Got a leak in our travel trailer, so will take a long hard look at it today. Thought I had that fixed awhile ago.

Went to the VA yesterday and had a pump installed again. will have it out tomorrow afternoon. Getting use to it, but still a bit of a nuesense.

Changed a few things on the race car. Hoping to go out next Wednesday and try my fancy new ideas.

Have a fun three day race the following weekend.

Other than that, life is good.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,going to be a good weekend around here or atleast looks that way on the forecast so have fun at whatever you do and we'll see ya'll soon..................... Wave..............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Nice looking day today, still hoping the rain holds off tomorrow. Norwalk bound early Sunday, hoping to do some good.

Ken, I hope you find the leak in the trailer. And that your pump doesn't leak!

15 years ago today, my best friend and I were on the Hot Rod Power Tour East, and met a couple who are now also close close friends. Great memories from that trip.

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time! Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Drr,gone fishing be back in a while,The 2013 Pond Tour must go on......................... Double Thumbs up.....................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Hoping everyone is well.

Thinking of my little girl. She is going through a very rough time right now. She is losing her long time friend and campanion Mookie, her Golden Retriever.

Not much doing today. Been seriouly considering making some changes/improvements to the car. The more I think about it, and the more I learn, the more I decide that most of the changes/improvements would be a waste of time and money. So, now I think I will just clean up the mess I jokingly refer to as my wiring. That certainly needs some work.

So, OK. Now that I have made that decision, I think I will go take a nap and see if I can think my way out of it.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks off to haul a few logs this morning then off to take Manny to the dentist this afternoon and then take Manny to b-ball try-outs tonight,sure hope there's time in there for me to get my 3hr.mon.nap in................................ Double Thumbs up................................................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Mike, How are you this lovely morning.

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,I'm fine this morning Junior,hope the morning finds you and your's doing fine,it's alittle cloudy round here but a little sprinkle would settle the dust. The farm where we are logging has some long dusty roads so a little rain good a lot of rain bad........................ No No...................................

Well lets get after that wild it thing and see if we can catch it before it gets away...................... Confused Hum Double Thumbs up.........................................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Cooling off this week, going to be close to downright cold in Norwalk when I head back there tomorrow. I just hope it dries up. I can race in the cold! Big Grin They're even calling for some snow tonight/tomorrow early morning.

Ken, sorry to hear your daughter is losing Mookie.

Mike, how did Manny do in the tryouts?

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Chuck Manny pulled a Ducky Dynasty on me mon. evening after his dentist app.(which by the way he had no cavaties)then sitting at IHOP eating all you can eat pancakes,he said Dad how many pratices do we have a week,I said 3 ,how many games,I said 12,he said well dad that don't leave much time for fishing does it and I said no,but it's getting cold and they won't be lots of fishing to do this winter so playing b-ball mite be fun,he said well dad if it's all the same to you I believe I just won't play,just incase they'res a warm spell we can still fish,could I have another Bill Dance on my hands........................... Hum...........................
The DD connection is when Phil had the chance to play for a NFL team he told them it would cut into his duck hunting time so he chose making duck calls,I do believe he made the right decision........................ Double Thumbs up...........................................

Well hoping you all have a great day...................................... Wave............................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Mike; "all you can eat pancakes". Don't get no better than that. And great news on the cavities, or lack thereof.

You got yourself quite the lad there. In this age of electronic virtual reality, it's nice he has an interest in anything real. Hope it continues.

Yesterday was a bit interesting. Don't know why, but I was exhausted the entire day. Went for my mornng walk, and when I got back, felt like I had run the entire distance. (about a mile). Stayed the same all day. I did manage to get out to the track and putz on the car for awhile. Checked the valve lash, did some rewiring, and got everything ready for the race tomorrow. I was going to make a couple passes just to check some things, but didn't have anything left by that time, so just came home. I did get a good nights sleep though, and feeling just fine now. This getting old crap is ............well, getting old.

OK, done whinning for now. Thinking of making some fried taters, sausage, eggs, and toast for breakfast, so I better get to it.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks missed a day yesterday got up late again today this cooler air is killer,but I love it it's just hard to get out from under the warm covers................ Wink.......................

Ken you are right about old Manny he will find things to do outside he loves the outside,but lastnight I got my first shock of my growing boy,his mom tells me he wants to go to the school dance which is great but very out of character for Manny he's been letting his hair grow normally he wants it clipped all off so he don't have to deal with it,but I knew they would be one of them cute little gals that would say Manny I love them curls........................... Big Grin.......................
So hear we go it's funny the old saying of first comes love then comes marriage and hear comes Manny with a baby carriage............. Tongue............only kidding but it will be cool to be a grandpa one day since a lot of folks already call me grandpa,but I'm good with it................................. Double Thumbs up...................................

I must be going krazy he's only 11....... Hum.........go figure he was only 2 1/2 when we adopted him man time rolls on................................ hug................................

Well Ken that breakfast sounds so good I'll believe I'll add a little gravy to it and go to hauling logs,ya'll have a great day and weekend.................................................. Praying Wave........................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,nice sunny sunday here in Cana,a little cool but still a nice day,it's amazing how the sun shinning even when it's cold temps makes it a good day.............................. Wink....................................

Well hope everybodies day is good and hope you get to enjoy the sunshine................................... Double Thumbs up..................................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Mike; Well, it Manny has discoverd girls, it's a whole new game. Hopefully, it won't interfere with fishing.

Spent the weekend at the track. 3 day race, but they compressed it into a 2 day event because of good chance of rain today. Anyway, they did a great job and got everything done, and in a grand fashion at that.

Myself, I probably should have stayed home. 3 races and 3 red lights in first round. Lucky for me, I had a bye run in the third race. Then, second round, I got distracted and forgot to put the tranny into low after the water box. But, even though I had a horrible light, and was .5 off my dial, the other guy broke out, so I went to the third round. Being a bit red shy, I had another horrible light, and would have had to break out to catch the other guy.

But, we had a great time with friends and racing, so I guess it's all good. I do have some tinkering to do with the car, and somehow figure out what the Hell I am doing with the tree. I am usually slow in time trials, and way red in eleminations.

Gotta go

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Ken I believe the fishing is safe for now,but as the days pass and the girls pull on them curls in his hair and smile just right,well them days ain't as far off as they was........................ help..............................

Looking a little cloudy this morning off to haul a few logs and make a day out of it,see ya'll after bit............................................. Wave.....................................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone, Hope everybody has a Great Day

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,howdy Junior hope all is well with your crowd,looks to be a good day to do something ain't sure yet what that mite be but well check it all out in a while.......................... Double Thumbs up.....................................

Ya'll have a fine drr day and keep on smiling even if you don't think there's nothing to smile about,you'll make folks think you're up to something......................................... Wave..................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Having some nice fall weather this week. Had a blast out in Norwalk with my friends, won a few rounds, fell asleep in the 4th in the main event. Ah well. Didn't do too bad for a car I'd never been in. Driving home yesterday, something acted up when I was about 30 miles from the PA line, on the Ohio turnpike. 6AL, distributor, coil, something, no tools or parts, riding solo, had to call AAA. My buddy Dave who lent me the car has his own towing business, so he met us, and swapped the car onto his flatbed. I left Norwalk about 10:30am, by the time my buddy Barry got me to my car at the track, ate some dinner, and got home, it was 8:30pm. Long day! I'm just glad it was real nice out, and I had a tree to lean on away from the car while I waited on AAA.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,looks like a rainy humday and maybe until fri. well work two days and rest three, Hum......hum I think I mite like this....................... Wave........................................