DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all!! Hump day is here and I'm wondering what's in store for the weekend. Heck here in the SW desert last few days its been 89 and 88 degrees, this weekend its cooling down to 82! Give me a brake 14 degrees above the norm, I mean this weather is ok but without a good couple of days of freezing weather the bugs just keep multiplying. All the trees are confused about what the heck is going on too...

I'm thinking about pulling the 406 out of the car since I have ran it 7 years without a real freshin . I have replaced bearings when I broke oil pump drive rod, but that was 4 years ago. Its leaks down good but really don't want to hurt it as its got real good parts thought out. So the little 383 that I had built 3 years and 9 months ago will go in. The guy who built it is now retired , and said it should put the car n the 9.50s easy but I'll have to find a way to slow it down if that happens. I really hate all the extra certs you need to run faster than 9.99....

Well that's' all I Got , You all have a Great Day.... Crazy Driver

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Aftrrnoon all! TGIF! Been a mixed bag of weather this week, some 30s, some 50s, and everything in between. Our slow index race was supposed to be tomorrow, but all day rain has cancelled that out. It's full blown off season time now.

Barry, nice to get your line wet now and then. Big Grin

Mike, keep hanging in there my friend.

Nick, that is the one good thing about winter here, knocking the bugs down some. Though, 80s sound really good right now. I'm cold a lot, now that I have some insulation missing. Nice option to have with the spare engine, sounds like a stout piece too. When are you racing again?

Ice cream time. You all have a great weekend!

Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck you see my pm?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Aftrrnoon all! TGIF! Been a mixed bag of weather this week, some 30s, some 50s, and everything in between. Our slow index race was supposed to be tomorrow, but all day rain has cancelled that out. It's full blown off season time now.

Barry, nice to get your line wet now and then. Big Grin

Mike, keep hanging in there my friend.

Nick, that is the one good thing about winter here, knocking the bugs down some. Though, 80s sound really good right now. I'm cold a lot, now that I have some insulation missing. Nice option to have with the spare engine, sounds like a stout piece too. When are you racing again?

Ice cream time. You all have a great weekend!

Relaxing

Thanks Chuck! Everyone is in Winter Mode now except for Turkey Racers. We will test after TG here. Sturgeon and Bass bite wide open now.. has to wait.. move in place.. don’t know how much I’ll race next year, move and new place upgrades plus less money for Crazy Driver... Hope y’all have a great Thanksgiving!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. Hope all is well. My dad scored an 83 Malibu wagon V6 for $450. I might buy it off of him actually. Other than that nothing new.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,
It's 91 degrees over here. They say we might set a new record for Thanksgiving.
I have been cooking a turkey for my employees for over 25 years. Since I retired I won't be doing one for them. When I went to the store last weekend out of habit I bought a turkey. Woody and I are going to be eating a lot of Turkey next week. Good thing I like turkey sandwiches.
Y'all have a gooden!

Didn't think of that

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! Over center day and my Friday, all rolled into one. Big Grin Starting things off right with about 35 of us gathering tonight for a bite, drink, and to be together. I hwad east in the morning to my brother's, looking forward fo it all.

Fern, I'll text you, I did get it.

Barry, moving is a lot of work. I feel for you on that. I hope you get to race and fish soon.

1258, sweet! Is it in good shape? Street cruiser or going to get transformed?

Floyd, man, that is warm. Tragic error, having all that turkey on hand. Might even have to do some napping afterwards??

Mike got some good news, he gets to see Mannie this weekend. Keep them in your thoughts, please.

I'm thankful for all of you turkeys (see what I did there?). Wishing you all as wonderful a time and meal as I'm going to have tomorrow.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon, Short week has been crazy here...

Just wanted to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving, Hope everyone has a great day today and tomorrow....

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,
Yep, it's warm again . 94 * at 3:20. We will set a record tomorrow.
Checked in my bird to make sure it would be easy for tomorrow and it's still half frozen. I've had it in the fridge since last Sunday and it won't get there in time. So it's in the sink in cold water till bed time. Don't want to disappoint Woody. I told him we were having turkey on Thanksgiving. As long as it's ready to go on the grill by 2 or 2:30 tomorrow we will be good. It only takes an hour and 45 minutes to cook. Y'all have a gooden! Praying

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd Vegas is streaming live on YouTube , search Jeff foster lvms

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving all!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ferns back home--Bambi crop has been thinned for this year and I'll be eating good this winter. Might make Piedmont Sunday if I can prepare in time.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin’ all! I hope you’re all having a good weekend. Good time with family, my twin nephews are Pitt students, so they loved the upset win over Miami yesterday.

Fern, DrDan Macal is at Piedmont if you get to go. Good luck!

You all keep enjoying the weekend!
Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I knew Dan was there as he called to see if I was going a couple of weeks ago----Got truck & trailer ready and car is in nice warm garage waiting to be loaded in the morning.....

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhh!! Turkey Day was good... On hold. The Well failed and septic too. Thank god for inspections...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My house here failed 14 years ago, got someone else to check and found one run of the drain field broken. Fixed that and it has been fine every since. Has never even been pumped. Never had a well fail. Off to Piedmont now

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
My house here failed 14 years ago, got someone else to check and found one run of the drain field broken. Fixed that and it has been fine every since. Has never even been pumped. Never had a well fail. Off to Piedmont now

Hope racing was good. I’m getting a crash course now. Seems owner knew of issues...well is not as big an issue..

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Car was good, driver was not but I got to go which was all I really wanted. By the way 758 the septic at our farm has been there since 1950, 67 years, and has never been pumped or a problem. At my place in MD I have 2 at least 30 years old never pumped, and the river house had a County approved system put in 20 or so years ago and no problems......I just hope my luck continues with that. Sent you a PM

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That's why I like public water and sewer. No issues on my end. Just pay the bill. Hope everyone had a good turkey dinner.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camaroracer1258:
That's why I like public water and sewer. No issues on my end. Just pay the bill. Hope everyone had a good turkey dinner.

Thanks for the reply Fern. Too far out of town for sewer. My plan is; get out and get away. We will see how this goes with the seller. Our place is virtually turn key, I guess some sellers have a different idea..... Mad really frustrating.

Raceless in California!