DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,yea it's going to be hot and humid again today,weelll ifn any of you folk,has read my posted thread from yesternight,knows I'm all bummed up again this morning.

Dangest things happen somtimes,just don't make any sense,as I was falling,so many things was runing in my mind.
The part about something being broke,from the fall,was of great concern,because of the surgrey Monday morning.
Lucky nothing broke,just big timed burised,and a small cut on my elbow,that bled on my new coated headers,lol,but all in all came out pretty lucky,I quess,so we'll call in a little while and hopefully the surgrey will still be on................. Praying..................................

Hope ya'll have a gooden,and prayers to all in need,I'll try and catch up again afterwile,going back to bed,had'nt slept much since yesternight,lol,been itching so bad,I'm sure it's between the BP meds.and the pain killers,but man my skin is crawling,so hopefully,it'll stop in a little while,see ya'll afterwhile,GOD BLESS........................................................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Hawks,

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
morning gang, speaking of dangdest things be sure to ck out my story about Madi...we laughed so hard!

have a great day gang!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Goin to be a lovely day. We got perfect weather here. About 10 degs cooler than normal. Guy, eat your heart out. Ice Cream
Y'all have a gooden. Mike, stay on your feet.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CH.CRAFT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Mornin Y'all!
Goin to be a lovely day. We got perfect weather here. About 10 degs cooler than normal. Guy, eat your heart out. Ice Cream
Y'all have a gooden. Mike, stay on your feet.
Praying Angel hug
YES I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL LAST SATURDAY WHILE SITTING IN MY DRAGSTER IN THE STAGING LANES. THE TEMP WAS 96* WITH 86% HUM, MY FIRE SUIT WAS SOAKED WITH SWEAT, BUT I DID WIN SUPER PRO. I PAID FOR IT LATER THAT NIGHT WITH ARM AND LEG CRAMPS. I WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO ACT RACING IN THE WEATHER YOU HAVE AT FONTANA. HAVE A GOOD ONE.

STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY
2017 QUICK-16 TRACK CHAMPION

Posts: 54 | Location: SOUTH LOUISIANA | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Craft, congrats. You gotta remember to drink some gatorade or something other than water. That will fend off the cramps. Trust me, I know. Ice Cream

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Trying to light some lamps tomorrow, will wear the DRR shirt for karma, double duty rockin' the mic too. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CH.CRAFT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Hey Craft, congrats. You gotta remember to drink some gatorade or something other than water. That will fend off the cramps. Trust me, I know. Ice Cream
I DRANK SOME POWERAIDE ALONG WITH WATER, BUT I GUESS NOT ENOUGH. I USUALLY EAT SOME FRUIT TOO BUT DID NOT HAVE ANY.

STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY
2017 QUICK-16 TRACK CHAMPION

Posts: 54 | Location: SOUTH LOUISIANA | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
More rain around here. Hopefully it will be dry enough tomorrow that we can race.
Mike, you take care of yourself.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,just want to know who came in over night and whopped my butt,my wh@le body feels,well rough,quess the fall has caught up................. Banging Head..........................

Anyways it want matter much Monday,by the time they do surgrey,with all their pain meds,I'll be singing The good ship lolly pop,for some reason,when they put me to sleep,I always wake up,singing that tune,I reckon it's better than Highway to Hell,going over and over in your mind,I like Ac/Dc just not while I'm healing up........................... Tongue............................................

Ok it's Sat.and they probablly won't be many through here today,so if your done gone racing be safe and get you some W's,if your just messing around,mess easy,look what it got me, Hum No No..........................and maybe ifn the good lords willing and the creek don't get up,we'lll see ya'll in a bit....................... Wave.............................

I'm always asking the good lord for thing all the time,so this time I want to give him some praise,I sure did enjoy the rain that we had over night,it's a pretty dry time around here,I know others are having to much rain,but my friends and families crops are drying up,so I thank God for all he lets us have,ok prayers all around and ya'll have a gooden........................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Mike! You feelin rode hard and put away wet?
I'm not racin this weekend, got all my fuel parts so now I can put it all back together. Carberators sure look good when they come back from the shop.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Getting ready to head out to the track. Looks like we might make it through the day without any rain today.
Prayers for all in need.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Hey Mike, I bet I look like you feel. You know as you get older, as you will find out, your skin gets thinner and you bruise real easy. I changed the flange on my fuel cell and changed the foam inside. My hands and wrists look like my grandmas hand looked years ago when she ran it through the ringer on her washer. But it don't hurt. I'm thinkin about you, Bud.
Y'all have a gooden today. It's goin to be a warm one. Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
like the guy that goes to the dr says doc i feel good but i look bad whats wrong with me doc says i'll check this out dr comes back in a hour tells the guy your a vigina Big Grin

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,Rooster good to hear about you being out,glad you're feeling better,and Floyd this old thing is getting old, Wink...........................but it's ok,I'm starting to like getting old,it just means,I don't have that much longer to have to have parts replaced.......... Eyes Hum Big Grin................................................

Well tomorrow is the big day,got to be at the horsepitial at 5:45am to get started,it'll all be over and I will be on the two week side of it,it's always worse the more you think about it.................. Cool..................................

Prayer to all and may we all have a great Lords Day..................... Praying hug.......................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Mike, if my dad had lived he would be 95 today! Don't think he would be happy in this "new fangled" age of high technology though! I even get upset with it myself when I think about it! Kids are smarter, but not wiser and have less common sense, than when I grew up because we had to be innovative and develop our own games, we didn't just push buttons! Our old toy trucks were good till the rubber wore off the wheels and cows were big marbles and calves were little marbles! And you liked it when dad plowed the weeds in the orchard cause you had fresh dirt to make new roads in and didn't have to spend a day digging to get the dirt right! Was going through some of my mom's and grandma's old ledger books the other day here's just a samplin' of prices back then (1942): 3 pounds of sugar-30 cents; 2 pounds of coffee-54 cents; case of canned Carnation condensed milk-60 cents; baking powder-21 cents; shoes-$2.50; lard-95 cents; salt-10 cents; gallon of coal oil-30 cents; and box of matches-5 cents! Made me feel like a millionaire with the $5 in my wallet! That'll give you something to think about while you are bed resting Mike! Will make you feel younger and you will heal faster! Eyes Hum Praying Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike, I'll be thinking about you and praying that all goes well tomorrow. I wish you a speedy recovery, too!

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Hey hey Mike. We are fine just busy busy busy. So what in the world happened to you? Sounds like I need to put you on my list also.
We will keep you in our prayers, and tell Mannie I said Hey, bet he is still growing like a weed. Just got my granddaughter Lacey a pony. She is growing up and quick.
I will catch ya later. Be cool, quick, and stay on the straight and narrow path.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey Marty,good to hear from you,yea I'm just worn out,the old body is coming apart,lol,and as for Mannie,you would not believe how he is growing,real proud of him,as he says I'll take care of you Dad,needless to say,he's my boy.

Tell Lacy to enjoy that pony,and tell her old Mike used to be a pretty good rider,back in the day,and now Mannie has a Mare horse that he just rides around the field,he'll call her over to the gate and just hop on and ride,without any gear,the mare in as gentle as a lamb,I could'nt have wished for a better horse for him................................

Well you take care and come see us real soon,Chuck just meantioned you the other day,on the thread,and how we all miss you getting to stop in,so we'll see ya around...............................................................

Oh and thanks Kimmy,that means alot to know you have friend praying for you................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nikey, good luck in the mornin. Don't pinch the ugly nurse. She can work wonders on your recovery, wrong way. I'm stupid
I'll be thinkin of you. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! Good weekend overall. Friday, caught a bus home and the driver was a friend of mine from growing up. Hadn't seen him in about 10 years, found out his wife passed last year from breast cancer. Man I hate that ****ing disease.

Good day in the car, .023, .015, .019, before sleeping second round. Car is nuts on and hopefuly I will do some good in Bristol.

My Brother, buddy, and teammate Mikey anounced his engagement Saturday, real good stuff. His fiancee Amber is a sweetie.

Karen and Bob are celebrating their 18th anniversary today, and we got to bump into them, being at the same restaurant they stopped in to.

Mike, prayers for you before surgery tomorrow. I hope all goes well and you're out of pain and have a quick recovery. hug

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post