DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Over center day! Still cool, mid 40s, gray and drizzly here. Getting a little warm up into the 60s for a few days. I'm hoping weather cooperates for tnt Saturday.

Nick, no shame in that pass. 011 package didn't leave you much room. Still a good season, right?

I hope Halloween was good for you all, maybe you have some leftover candy to munch on during Game 7 of the World Series tonight. It's been an exciting series, and I expect the same tonight.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,
We had a whoppin 7 kids last night. I've got enough candy left to do a whole other work series. It's a shame Woody can't eat chocolate. I've got plenty to share.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Woody ready for kids that didn't show.
https://imgur.com/bwnUtuh

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning folks I'm a hit and miss lately lol.
Lots happening with the Mannie situation and trying to work to sale stuff but thankful for the heart that the good Lord gave me some days or tough but I just keep plugging along,yesterday talking to a Mannies lawyer at lite em (still can't spell so sounds like)lol but she stated I mite be beating a dead horse and I replied if it means helping my son I'll beat the dead horse until I don't see another hair move because if the hairs moving that means theyres hope and as long as theyres hope I'll keep beating any father that would bid for his son and the important things in his life well jmo ain't much of a dad.
Ok y'all have a great day and keep the coffee and sweet tea coming y'all have a goodern. Need for speed.........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! TGIF! It warmed up into the 60s, hoping the forecast is right and we get to test and tune tomorrow. I want to be sure I don't have anything I should be addressing on the offseason.

What a World Series. Exciting stuff all the way, good young homegrown talent on both teams.

Floyd, looks like there's a new sheriff in town. Big Grin

Mike, hang in there brother, we're hoping right along with you.

Ice cream time, even though I'm not at Norwalk. You all have a great weekend!
Relaxing

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon... Chucks got it Right TGIF!!!
Last night was getting text messages from a racer on two lane black top road on the way to Divisional in Vegas and two semis in front of the them was a three car wreck (One head on plus) Total 3 dead, 7 helicoptered out. Real bad night for all...

This weekend has some maintenance on the car , next week we have a Super Pro $80 entry fee that pay's out $4000.00 to win ..... The place should be packed as there is also a Pro race with a $60 entry that pay's $3000.00. This is huge out here, a local club does this once a year. Thanks ADRA !!!!

Been a good year so far, should would like to win this one. If I do taking the wife abroad. She is still trying to get time off for
the big Thanksgiving race. That's a 5 day race in Vegas paying out
5k per day for 4 days and a geezer race (got be 55 or older) LOL.....

Race season get starting to gear up.....

Have a great weekend Everyone....

I could sure use that chocolate shake about now !!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rainy Sunday here, but it's warm. Remember to change your clocks. I did get to test yesterday, and all is good. 7.10, 7.10, 7.11. Must have been the cold that threw me off the dial last week.

Nick, it's a little funny, the differences in regions. We're gearing down, and you're gearing up. That's a nice race, I hope you got the maintenance done and are ready to rock. That's a good plan if you win, I hope it works out!

I hop you all are having a good weekend.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
been laying low for a few days---car got me whipped. Runs down the track perfect but smokes like a freight train when it is started up. The problem is somewhere in the carb as it is leaking fuel into the intake when it is shut off. 950 Holly. I have had it apart, replaced needle & seat and base plate gasket but nothing obvious causing the problem. Went to Rockingham Sat to test and they were packed with motorcycles so no test. Later, got Dr appointment.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning! tried to post this morning but phone would only post partial message... Back from Vegas Div race second round loss... we sucked... Got to watch stock morning sessions and second round most of TD. Very fast and cool!! Pulling house off market, lots of lookers no takers. Not doing this through holidays. Relist later.. just bad timing.. No biggie! Back to work on my toy!

BP

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all!! Over center day! Pretty doggone cool for this time of year. I miss racing already!

Fern, do you havr another carb to try, just to natrow it down to the current carb? I hope all went well at the doc's.

Barry, I've never had to sell a house, but sounds like the right move, not going through the hassle during the holidays. Sorry about sucking, I can commiserate!!

You all have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tried another carb Chuck and the problem was gone but that 650 is a tad small for my car. Still trying to figure it out. Nasty weather here today and supposed to go down hill from here---everyone needs to go get our DRR friends back over here from where ever they went.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,
Startin to get a little cool out here when the sun goes down. I don't like this dark at a little after 5.
Threw a question on the tech thread about rpm question for my engine. Consensus is spin it to 72-7400 rpms. That's where it should make good power. I gotta buy some new shifter chips. I only have to 7000. We will find out.
Y'all have a gooden!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening everyone! Oops good morning... try to do this on my phone it’s a lot of work. Been feeling a little under the weather. Not much going on down here the weather is real good 50 in the mornings in and it goes to 80s during the day .

Fern, Hope you get your carb problems worked out, I got a carb guy at the race shop I go to who loves carb problems he’d have me change something at every race if I let him.Hope the doctor visit was just a check up.

Chuck, looking forward to this big super pro race this weekend should be a good crowd as the entry is really cheap for around here. And we have very few 4000 to win races The wife could not get off the week of Thanksgiving so I think I’m missing Vegas again this year. No big deal as there is a lot more racing the coming months ....

Floyd, you got any racing plan for the coming months?

Camaro racer, how’s the kitchen Coming, How about some more pictures last ones look great

you all have it great Thursday and if I don’t check in have a great weekend!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning guys been along week again and it's only Thursday my fill the pill box day you know you live a boring life when you celebrate pill box day lol. Y'all have a goodern see y'all around Good Morning Need for speed...........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
glad you reminded me Mike---cold and dreary here today. Haven't fooled with the carb any more, still gathering suggestions. Dr is actually physical therapy on my neck. Don't seem to be helping much but I go. Don't forget your Veterans on their day. Later

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. Been busy on my end here. A lot of things going on work wise and about to close on my second real estate deal this year for some good friends of my wife and mine. Also was going to go racing Sunday possibly but Cecil said no go with the cold weather now.

Kitchen about 80% done.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey guys dropping in to say howdy hope yalls weekend is a good one see y'all after bit.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! I hope you've had a good weekend. Kind of low key for me, but I did sneak a couple of passes in today at a track rental at Keystone. 1/8 mile and lifted on the first hit, and it went 7.00, new best by .05. So I let it eat the whole 1/4 next pass, 6.98 in the 1/8, 97mph, and 11.07 at almost 120 in the 1/4, new bests for me. That was fun! Good way to go into winter.

Fern, if an 850 Mighty Demon would interest you, the one from my car will be for sale. I'm going to swap to my Quick Fuel 850. I hope your neck is doing better.

Floyd, I hope you get to make some passes soon. Always funny to me, how Chevys can rev. Tongue is hanging out on the Olds at 6200.

Nick, I hope you're having fun and doing well out there this weekend. Feeling better?

Mike, thinking of you and Mannie. I hope that it works out soon and he's home quick.

1258, congrats on the real estate deal.

You all have a good night.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning Y’all!
Finally took some ME time. Went Striper fishing Sunday and had a great day. Limits pretty easy, nothing real big -12 lbs but a blast on light tackle. Now back to our regular scheduled program..
Need for speed

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening guys been on I pad all day messaging back and forth on the situation with Dss on Mannie and sending emails to anyone I think mite can help and some that can't and won't do anything but they get one too. Anyway I hope all y'all are hitting the high spots and clicking off a good start of the week. See y'all after bit. Need for speed