DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,welcome Jeff hope all is well in Texas,been in Texas buying horses in the late 80's and early 90's got over the horse kraz a few years after that think I like horses more because of the Chicks digging them more than riding them,you know young and stupid........................ Double Thumbs up.....................Come on up in here anytime stop and have a bacon and egg bisquit best on the internet The Mini-Winnie Diner can't be beat for good coffee and bisquits and good conversation...................... Big Grin....................................

Well hope all who raced this weekend had fun and we'll try and have some tenderloin for BF in the morning and ofcourse sweet tea for Chuck.............................. Wave..............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hopin everyone is doing well.

Mike; I don't think I was ever into horses. For me, they are akin to motorcycles. I keep falling off the damn things. Had one for my Daughter, and she was great with it. Took great care of it, and could ride it pretty good. But that's a story for another day.

I attended the worse drag race I have ever attend this past weekend. It was Dragmania. I think it was a band concert with a drag race added on to build the crowd. (it didn't work). It was some guy from Puerto Rico named Don Omar. I guess he is a big deal, but his "Reggaeton" music didn't do much for me. The drag race gates opened over an hour late, and it was a steep nose dive from there.

But, we did enjoy the weekend, made some new friends, and found some new sources for parts and services, so all in all, not a bad trip.

We had all kinds of problems though, and none caused by the dismal race operations.

First time trial, I tried leaving off the line lock to see if I could cut my RT down a bit. Well, it didn't hold and I "deep staged". They don't allow deep staging, so I got a meatball. It seems I was about 3 seconds late in leaving because all my times were about 3 seconds slow, but my mph was dead on.

Then next pass, I stuck with the foot brake. Pre-staged the car and as soon as I saw the other pre-stage come on, I staged. Well, seems the starter was wondering around and tripped the other pre-stage, and then *****ed at me for not "courtesy staging" and backed me out.

Next pass, the car in front of me stood it on the rear bumper, and came back down on the 60' timing box in the center. But, I did have a decent pass. I left on the line lock, but the RT was even worse than normal, so I went back to foot brake. But, it was a good pass.

Then, on the first pass during open testing, the fuse protecting the fuel pump opened just as I was coming out of the box. Towed back to the pits. Second open pass, footbraked and had a perfect pass with a decent RT.

First round of eliminations, coming out of the box it acted like the fuel pump fuse opened again. Towed back to pits and discovered that the seal on the pump went bad and it was leaking out of the weep hole. Decided to have a pro rebuild it for $60.00 rather than do it myself for $15.00. Probably a waste of money, but this guy has a great reputation and I have no experience doing this.

We stay at the track in the motorhome and things went pretty well, except on the way home in the car, every muscle in my body, and some that showed up just for the party started aching, and didn't stop until I got me some pain meds when we got home. I survived, had some aches and pains, but had a really good time. Would have been even better had the race not been run by a couple middle school kids.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,dang Ken sorry about the bad race experience from time to time we will run into those maybe the next few will be better,we can only hope,and sorry bout the bad pain deal,sometimes I go through some of the same stuff with my knees and feet,they hurt so bad they make everything else hurt also................................

Well ya'll have a good day I off to the dr. with Manny a reg. app. with his dr. and then he wants to go fishing which is everyday anyway,I took him sat. morning early stayed 4hrs. and then sunday afternoon for 5hrs. thinking he'd get tired of it,wrong I couldn't get him to leave but it's all good,I caught all the fish 4 cats 1 bass and 3 blue gills sat. morning and he just caught a few blue gills and sun. I caught a mud turtle and a few blue gill and Manny caught a big pretty bass and some blue gill but was wanting to catch a mud turtle also,so we may have to attack the pond again this evening,can't wear this kid out for sure he won't even stop to eat,not me I'm going to eat,after fishing sat. morning we went to a fish house rest. and ate catfish for supper,did'nt have to clean a fish,thats my way of eating fish throw them back and go to town and let the rest. folks do the cooking................... Double Thumbs up................................. Wave.........................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looking like some beautiful weather the next few days here, sunny and blue skies, mid 70s. I'll gladly take it, good way to start autumn.

My buddies in Team PRP brought home another team championship, which is really cool, 5th one in 7 years. My friend won the Top class, and he's one of those guys that deserves to win, works hard, good man, good to his family, they race together, awesome to see him get the Iron Man. Great racing and some cool cars, all weekend.

21 year drought is over... Pirates will be in the playoffs! I still hope they can get around the Cardinals, and get the division crown. It feels good just to say playoffs with the Pirates in it.

Ken, I hope the fuel pump issue if fixed when you get it back. Sorry it wasn't the best event. I think we've all run into at least 1 of those.

Mike, I'm with you, let someone else clean and cook the fish. My brother in law goes on a half day charter every year at the beach, and there's nothing like that fresh caught seafood. But I'm not getting up at 5am to go with him. Big Grin Glad Manny is having fun with it though.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Looking like the nice weather will stretch into the weekend, which is great, because PRP is having a 2 day Nostalgia weekend. Should be a great show!

Finally got some time to work on the Cutlass last night. The trans mount was not lining up in the crossmember, couldn't figure out why. Loosened up the driver's motor mount, and I saw the whole engine shift. Went right into place. Now a couple little things, hopefully they go right, and I'll be on the track soon.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Chuck it's weird how sometimes things get off when they are in the same place, Hum..............but its all good when the shift into place.............. Double Thumbs up.........................................

Well looks like we'll have a rainy evening but the dust needs to settle anyway,got some mowing and bush hogging to do before the rains come,ya'll have a great day............... Wave.........................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,looking like a nice fall day good day to good fishing or just hang out here at the house,really a lazy fall day,what am I saying everyday is a lazy day for me,you just add summer,fall,winter and spring,it all works out....................... Double Thumbs up...................................

Ya'll have a fine day sure miss all our Mia's looks like the Diner is going to have to create a new dish to get everybody back............................. Hum Wave..................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I know the MIA's are out there, along with the lurkers. Shame more of them don't stop in for a spell. I'd even share the sweet tea. Big Grin

Man, the Pirates missed a shot to move closer to homefield for the wild card game, plus the Cards got down to a magic number of 1 to clinch the division. Ah well.. hopefully they take at least 2 from the Reds this weekend and get the wild card game here Tuesday night.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Mike........and everyone else.

Well, had my latest cysto yesterday. Everything looks good. No tumors, but there is a spot they will be watching. Until then, I am good. Doc says I should live forever. Now, if only I can convince my sorry Ass, maybe it will get in the game.

The rest of my life is going just fine. We seem to have a new "adventure", just about everyday. Mostly with the race car, but somehow, we survive, and overcome. Hopefully, we can continue doing that for awhile.

OK, I have to rest for my up coming nap. Can't be too prepared for such things.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Ken that's why I like calling you my friend,up beat,even when things are tough you can make it work out,good for you on the cancer report,hope and pray everything stay good.

And getting to mess with the race car is just extra added pleasure that we love to do and sometimes wonder why we do,lol..................... Double Thumbs up...............................

Well I'm bout ready to rest up to for my mid-day nap,can't be to prepared for these things,as you said.............. Wink Big Grin Sleep..............................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Mike;

I might be making things seem worse than they are.

while there are some issues with cancer, it is not nearly as bad as many people have.

The biggest problem is I get more and more lazy everyday. I'am trying to blame it on old age, but lazy is lazy.

Not sure what is going on with the car. Been 4, maybe 5 races in a row, we have had to drop out because of some nickel/dime part breaking or coming loose. Feel like that "Aflac Duck" in the boat, trying to stop all the leaks, and I am runnng out of feet, fingers, and feathers.

I use to dream about winning a race. Now, just staging for the first round of elimanations would be a big deal.

So, I will be going back to the VA tomorrow for a CAT Scan. The Docs are beginning to think that chemo and labs and scans are doing more harm than good. I could certainly live with a few less needles sticking in me.

Anyway, I never did get my nap in today. Ol' what's her name had me outside putting new siding on the shed. Didn't even finish that and she started planning the next project. While I am at the VA tomorrow, she will be in town checking on material and costs for this new deck. I am stopping at Jim's coffee shop, and I will be having tacos, french toast, lemon pie, and a milk shake. The rat ain't gonna miss a chance to play while the cat is otherwise occupied.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Ken I think you have a good outlook and as I used to tell my Dad when he would say something was brothering him,and then say it ain't that bad some folks got it a lot worse,I'd tell him his toe ache is his toe ache so if you need to say it aches say it aches.................... Hum Double Thumbs up....................................

Ya'll have a fine day Manny and I are sitting up for two big days of fishing,well kinda Manny gets out of school early today and he's already trying to figure out where we are heading to fish the next two days,he says you never know Dad you just never know................................. Praying Wave........................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sat.morning folks,happy,happy.................... Double Thumbs up..............................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Afternoon Mike..........and everyone.

Another slow day. For a very brief moment, my "honey dew" list was under 4 years long, but then Ol' what's her name updated it, and I am back to 4 years, 3 months, 1 week and 5 days. It is raining, and I have little to do inside, so just laying around whinning about my lot in life.

I won't get my fuel pump back untl Wednesday, maybe Thursday. It was in worse shape than I thought. Gonna cost me another $130.00 to get it right. But, I should be back on track by next weekend. Might make a few T-n-T passes on Saturday.

Got another test result back today. Or at least it showed up on my health page. Once again, I am "unremarkable". Tired of being "unremarkable". I want to be somebody. I want to be a contender. I will never be noticed by a leggy blonde bimbo this way.

I am thinking of buying a set of drums and learning how to be a drummer. Peg thinks I should take a vacation, or cruise. Can't understand why she wants me to do such a thing.

I've been busy annonying our eldest daughter on facebook. She is pretty much fed up with me, but like I tell her, "If you don't want your post on Facebook challenged, then don't post".

I think I will go over to Jeg's and see what it will take to replace the dash panel in the race car.

OK, gonna go refill my glass of rum and mess with someone else.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,sure hope everybody had a great weekend me and Manny you quessed it fished a lot and had fun had to clean and fry up a catfish that Manny had a mishap with,somehow the little fish he was using for bait pireced the catfishes lungs and it died so instead of throwing it to the cats I cleaned it and fried it up on the stove and it was great,but I still drather buy mine already done up,to much work doing it up the way I had to do it,plus I ain't much good at cleaning fish,but really never have practiced a lot...................... Wink....................................................

Well hope ya'lls day is outstanding and that Monday brings plenty of smiles............................. Double Thumbs up.................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,nice week started here lots to do but the fall lazy's have come to the front row of the race of life and is winning by atleast three day lengths right now,sure hoping for a caution flag soon so I can get caught up,it's tough having such a great life and still running second,well something like that anyway.................... Hum Tongue Double Thumbs up...........................................................

Well here's hoping your Tuesday is better than last Tuesday and more productive than Monday see ya'll afterwhile and keep on smiling,just keep on smiling...................... Smile Big Grin Wave........................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! BUCtober begins, hopefully does not end, tonight. I've waited 21 years to see my Pirates back in the playoffs.

Ken, glad to hear good reports on the medical front. I'm with you on lazy. I'm at an Olympic level. I have my own to do list, since the high of buying the house is gone now, and I see the maintenance and improvement stuff I need/want to do. Couldn't imagine how long it would get with a What's Her Name in the picture. I hope you get to stage up a bunch of times and make full passes when the fuel pump is back in.

Mike, I could go for some good cajun catfish. Big Grin I'm with you though... I'll sit down and order them somewhere, rather than catch em.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,another nice day here in Cana,and the rest of the week looks fine,hope everyone has a great(as the camel on the ins.comm.says)humpday........................................ Double Thumbs up............................
Huuuuuumppddddddddaaaaaayyyyyyyy.............................. Laughing .............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Having a little warm up here this week, temps going back up over 80. Pirate baseball is warming up too, woo hoo!!! What an awesome game last night! Felt so good, waited 21 years to see another Pirate playoff win! I hope they can keep it going against the Cardinals!

You all have an awesome day!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone. Wow beautiful day out here on the left coast. Ken, glad to hear that you are doing better. Good thing you have Ole What's her name to keep you in line. LOL

Chuck so happy for you and your Pirates. Since I knew the Giants weren't going anywhere this year, I have been rooting for your Pirates. Being a Giants fan for well over 50 years, I felt your pain. Good luck in the playoffs, I will be cheering them on.

Well 45 more days till I will be in the great state of Tennessee. Mark isn't coming with me this year, hopefully he is going to be busy putting the Olds back together while I am gone. Daughter & son-in-law convinced me I had to stay for at least 2 1/2 weeks. I have a cousin who lives in Clarksville that I haven't seen since he moved from Cali about 10 years ago. We are going to get together for a couple of days while I am there and we are all excited to get to see each other again. Did I mention he is my favorite cousin and we shared a lot of good times when we were young. Even as adults we have always had a great time together. This is going to be such a great trip, I can't wait.

Wave Floyd, Mike, Michelle, Christine, Mouse and everyone else. Oh yeah Allen congratulations.
Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post