DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'aal,
Red if she just increased your life insurance maybe you should stay home. LOL

It's not and sticky out here. This morning at 6:00 it as 80* and 86% humidity. Smells like a high school locker room out there.

Y'all have gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got the wheel stud fixed this morning, I think lugs were a little lose caused it to break. Dr visit went well as they still can't find anything wrong with me physically. Won't comment on mental health. Will get started on motor home this afternoon. Everyone have a good day.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey RED,
Nice write up about Bryans first national event win.
http://www.nhra.com/news/2017/family-circle

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Hey RED,
Nice write up about Bryans first national event win.
http://www.nhra.com/news/2017/family-circle

Thanks Floyd made for a great after dinner read.... You Da Man CHECK YOUR PM

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Rain and storms later today are supposed to clear the weather out some, making the weekend in the 70s with lower humidity. For the first weekend in August in Pittsburgh, I'll gladly take that. No racing for me, junior dragster only event at KRP this weekend. I can't wait to be back in the car next weekend.

Floyd, man, that's a bad smell I haven't thought about for 32 years.

Fern, good to hear you got the lug changed. Remember to give them a check before and after you make your next pass. I'm glad you're rolling along physically. Holler if you need anything for some mental health help.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!

Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys hope you all are doing well. My pops and I will be working hard to get a lot of construction done tomorrow. I'll take some pics on Saturday and try to post them up. He also talked about he thinks hes going to try and do some top bulb racing and do some money events.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Great Morning to be alive Guy's, TGIF and I am ready for the weekend of work. Landscaper did great job this week , all the heavy stuff done I can do the easy stuff to bring it back to life....

Fern, I sure hope I'm in great health like you at your age.

Chuck, a weekend off , that will be ruff...LOL

Camaroracer, Hope your dad picks up on some that top bulb racing , I like it as much heads up stuff....

You All Have A Great Weekend.... TGIF

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck is KRP the only track you can race? Maybe its like around here--15 tracks and not a single one racing sometimes. Looks like some rain around here for the next 5 days or so. N eeds to get gone so we can race the Colonial Classic up at VMP next week. Grass sure can use the rain....Thanks RED. I got out of Tucson before the Easterners messed it up. You all have a good day---Black berry cobbler for lunch here Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. Dinner with friends Friday night, Saturday at Kennywood with the family on the rides, watching my nieces and nephews have fun, and my niece in her school band. Yesterday was a lazy day watching baseball and drag racing. I hope the weather changes in my favor for this coming weekend. I'm jonesing badly.

1258, I hope construction went well. Not huge money, but a heck of a fun time, our Halloween themed race is nice paying, trick or treat and costume contest, Oct 6-8.

Nick, I hope you are knocking down the honey do list. Big Grin

Fern, pretty much only at KRP. I can budget for the races to travel to, like WFC, and make arrangements to get a truck and trailer. For a weekend off at KRP, I'm good having fun in other ways around home aside from racing. I'm about 2 hours from the next closest track, and gas, tolls, and borrowing stuff isn't worth the hassle for me. I hope that rain moves on and you're good at VMP. Man, that blackberry cobbler sounds good! Big Grin

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck sometimes it is communication---Farmington raced Sat and Piedmont Sun and I didn't know about either one. I am loaded and ready to head for VMP if the weather holds. 190 miles up there. Still need to unload my stuff from Norwalk, put a new spoiler on the Mercedes to replace the one that daughter broke Sat...what a PITA, trimmed trees, weeded flower beds, nice weather here last few days. You all have a good one.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like a really nice couple of days on tap here, especially for August. Mid to high 70s, low humidity. I can dig it!

Fern, might be time to get on FB for real, just for the communication? Big Grin Though, questions I know the answer to I shouldn't ask. I'm hoping the weather holds for VMP, for you, Michael and Anthony, and everyone going.

You all have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Haven't given up yet Chuck---it bothers me that my friend Mike Hawks who started this thread and members of this thread stepped up for when he needed a mobil chair has abandoned it for face book. So I will hang on. Raining here today but I will be at VMP rain or shine.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys.

Chuck I had to back out of Maple's 3 day money event. Wife works that weekend so don't want to give burden to whomever would watch the kids especially for that many days. I'm actually looking to get into sponsoring some events locally for real estate. My slogan would be the "Rob, The Racer's Realtor."

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening to all....Had a good weekend ,did a lot of Honey do this all weekend,and didn't get her list done but she said it was too hot to go shooting. Got to work on the car little bit this weekend mounting front tires,and cleaning up a little wiring that I screwed up before ...LOL It was working but it look like a 12-year-old did it . The alignment shop did a great job making it right as the toein was all screwed up, I guess just too many wheelies. The toe and was out huge they said so now it's set up right. it took more time to hook up the car and unload it and then load it again and take it home then it did for them to do what they needed to do....

Fern, you sure do run circles around what I can do in any one day, you must eat a lot of Wheaties or something like that.

Rob the racing realtor , that sounds like a good name ,got my vote. Too bad about the wife having to work but you got your whole life in front of you ,you'll get your racing in.

Chuck, what plans you got for the new Olds, i'm not the brightest light bulb on the block I always try to lighten the car up by removing every piece of sheet metal to go just a little bit faster, but every car I've ever gotten was a track only car. I never thought ahead of time that I might want to put any of them back on the street...

You all have a great hump day .....

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Another gorgeous day out there, really wish I could play hooky. The forecast is slowing getting better for Saturday, and man, I hope we get it in. I haven't been in the car since July 15. Putting a shorter front tire on it, and seeing how the RT goes.

Fern, keep hanging on. I'm on FB, but this is my favorite place on the web. I've met great people because of this site and thread. It's sad some of the old regulars don't drop by anymore, but life happens. I also miss the ones we lost: Guy, Ken, Bob. I'm glad you're getting to VMP.

1258, I'm most likely out too. I had to use my vacation time for other stuff, so I would miss that Friday for certain. I hope the race is a success, and they have it again next season. That's great on the sponsoring!

Nick, I'm glad the heat didn't get to your wife, to where she hunted you for sport. Big Grin That's the way I wire, butt connectors, crimps, and electrical tape, which is why I get help. The '81 is a race car, but there isn't much I want to change. Ignition system is top of the list for the offseason, some little stuff. It's a bracket car. I don't care what the ET is, as long as it repeats.

Yesterday was Nikki's birthday. She would have been 15. Frown

You all have a great day.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck a good Olds will repeat on a good track. I made 5 1/4 passes at Norwalk and the 1/8 ets were: 6.719--6.719--6.720--6.720 and 6.719. made 3 full 1/4 passes:10.617--10.600--10.600 @ 125+ MPH......It did the same at Elk creek, first 3 hits on new motor were 6.745--6.745 and 6.743. Darlington 6.675--6.664--6.668. Piedmont T&T 6.677--6.669. Darling and Piedmont were a little iffy in the 60ft. Now to see how it is at VMP if the rain don't win

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern, how are you ever going to run rounds with that car seems like there something off there .No really looks like you're ready to take on the world , hope the weather breaks for you have good luck and a fun time . Is there any cobbler left over I sure could use some.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ate all the cobbler----car is great but driver is old and apparently lacking, or has lost some skills lately. Haven't raced much last 3 years either. Anyway leaving in 5 min for VMP, maybe I can win a round. BUT, I will see lots of friends. You all have a good day---where is Chuck this morning?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm hoping the weather cooperates for Saturday. Tomorrow night would be a bonus too, to test. I'm putting shorter tires on the front. And it will be 4 weeks since I've been in the car.

Fern, I only have the 1 day in the car, but it is nuts on. I missed the dial in round 2 Modified, but I wasn't the only one. Wishing you good luck at VMP.

Nick, you need to take this iffy weather over here, so we can race this weekend. Big Grin

You all have a great day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guys... between Chuck and Fern they will need some good weather to have a good time, I wrote it down in the books just hope it happens...LOL If I could change the weather all my friend would have the best race cars and tow rigs as I would be worth MILLIONS....

You All have A Great Day...