DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning folks.
My wife and i (my wife mainly) are getting to watch our 4 year old twin nieces for the day, one of them being autistic and has been beating the hell out of the piano for the last 30 minutes, awakening me from my peaceful slumber. I'm a little cranky right now and need some coffee, but it will all be good.
Mike, your mom is still in my prayers and i hope she has a speedy recovery.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I had an interesting visitor yesterday out at the track. CH Craft is in town and asked on another thread if anybody was racin @ Fontucky. I said yes, and he stopped by to say hello. He's the chaplain at No Problem in Bella Rose. It was a pleasure meeting him and makes ya proud of how far DRR makes connections.
There I was in the lanes talkin with 2 chaplains, Craft and Mitch, our local RFC chaplain. Who would of thunk it?
We weren't able to show him too much accept we have a nice track and had a decent car count. My truck was running like crap from the first pass on and it got worse. I've got something in the fuel system and we had the carburetor apart between every round. My only highlite of the day was a 1st rd matchup with a Cobrajet. He dialed 10.39 and I had to guess and put a 10.90 on the window. I cut a good light for once, and he went red. He couldn't run his number, but neither could I. I went to second round and just drove it down the track, I didn't want to take a chance on hurting anything.
My boy wasn't that lucky. He broke his on the second pass. A boost line broke off and it leaned out and torched a head and blew the intake off. Needless to say, neither one of us are going back today.
As they say, That's Racin!
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,sorry to hear about the bad day Floyd,but as they say a bad day at the track,is better than a good day at work, Smile so you all will gettem next time.............. Wink........................

Another hot June morning and day here,going to keep the AC company,and hopefully make a visit to see Mom in a bit,as she is still in the hosp.and will be till,probably Tues.so do that and late this evening,Mannie and I will make a visit to DQ,for one of those big soft serve cones of ice creme,so prayer all around to everyone,and thank the Good Lord for Sundays....................... Praying hug...........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Too bad about your racing Floyd, but what Mike should have said was a bad day racing is better than "any" day at work. I've had lots of those days.
Thoughts and prayers to all.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Floyd, told you not buy your gas at AM/PM! Bet having those two in the lanes was a real challenge for you to, no cussin'! And in the pits as well, no beer or Crown! I went where it was cool yesterday, to former FFA adviser in Arizona's 90th birthday party and got to see former fellow State FFA officers I hadn't seen in 40 years or more as well as an old college "roomie" who I taught to cool down beer in a dormitory metal trash can, take it to the desert and have "guzzlin'" contests! We had one non-drinker in our group and his job was to patrol the road to make sure no liquor control agents were around. I'll never forget my "roomie" getting me real sick on one of those outings as I hollered for him to bring me a beer and he rubbed ice around the can to make the can feel cool but the contents was hot beer and immediately challenged me to a guzzlin' contest. Needless to say, hot beer is not good is the kind of game! I think it has been well over 30 years now since I drank my last beer! Eyes Laughing Hum Wave Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,how ya'll this morning,Mannie is out for the summer now,after a two week summer school,and we're in for what looks like a bad stormy day,in down town Cana,Va.
So we're off to my little sisters to haul some broculli for her,her and her husband hire me once in a while,when needed to haul some for them,their truck broke down and the guy that was hauling for them,he buys cabbage from them,he's slow,and lets the broculli get to hot,so that's where old speedster Country,comes in,so we're off to the field,man it's good to be needed.

Ya'll have a great day,and we're only 2 weeks away from the big surgrey date,and hoping Mom gets to come home sometime the first of the week,so prayers to all and ya'll have as good as a Monday as possible,me I'm so happy for some driving work,pay ain't great,but it's pay,and Lord only knows,the best way to forget about the hip pain,is being busy,and I pray to be busy right up till the 12th of July,that way,I don't think about the hurt,just getting better,God Bless ya'll today.......................................................

Hey Chuck Wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
I'm already late for work, since i just woke up, and i have a feeling it's probably going to be one of those days that i should just stay home, but i'll just go in late and see how it goes.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Mike, you sneakin' a little of that brocollie for yourself so you don't run outa gas? You know I was talkin' about that 90th birthday party I went to on Saturday. Well, a birthday party like that they give everyone name tags and they wear them upside down! The reason being that not so others will know who they are but so they can remember who they are and you don't have to read upside down that way! Kinda like goin' a 50th reunion! Laughing Wink Banging Head Eyes Razz

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Busy, good kind, all weekend. Whew. Had to come to work to get a break. Big Grin

Mouse, I'm with you, sssooooo tempted to have sat this one out today, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Hi Mike! Wave I hope you're doing well. Continued thoughts and prayers for mom. I sure hope she's out of the hospital soon. Hope the hip isn't too much of a pain in the a ss for you. I crack myself up. Laughing

Sorry to hear of the bad luck for you and your son, Floyd. Hope you're both fixed up and back out there soon.

Went to Norwalk to watch the whole day's racing on Friday. Got there at 8:30, just in time for the first round of Stock, and left about a half hour after midnight. Man it was warm. The Pro Mod crashes were scary, and so was Benza's in Pro Stock. Didn't get my ice cream... line was too long any time I went by. Got my pic taken with Antron Brown, one of my favorite drivers, both on and off the track. Got home at 4am. I don't know if I would have made it home if "Skin" by Rascall Flats hadn't come on. I was so tired. Well, that song always brought a tear, and now I can't hear it and not think of Nikki. That's all I have to say about that. But I like to think Nikki was helping me out. Saturday I was pulling double duty, announcing and racing. .002 red second round to my friend Allison, who was .030 and right on with a 1, so I had my work cut out for me. Sunday was a car show helping my friends display for their sponsor, man it was hot. I took a walk around and there was a Bug, and inside it had a mini Herbie the Love Bug, complete with the 53 on the trunk. I texted it to Christine and a bunch of others... Sonya texted me back and reminded me yesterday was 7 months since Mark passed. That brought tears to my eyes too. Big hugs for all my friends, near and far.
hug hug

Time for ice cream. Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning all,well you got your Ice Road Truckers on TV,and now we have The Broculli Road Truckers,burning up the highways,trying to feed all broculli lovers their favorite veg. Wink............

The star of the show is Mannie Paul Hawks,with his sidekick Mike,Mannie does the most talking,with his commentory on wildlife,and the things to do with all kind of creatures,wonderful and educational show................... Hum Big Grin..................................

We are having fun riding the roads together,and helping little sister out,hip hurts like heck,but going to get a new one here in a week or two,so mite as well get all the good out of this one, Hum No No Smile....................................

Well,we sure hope ya'll have a gooden this morning,and prayers all around,and we hope Mom gets to come home today,supposed too,well see,well it's on the road again,The Broculli Road Truckers are off and burning up the highway,with a load of broculli,just hunting boiling water,and a cheese truck.......... Laughing .......................

Hey Chuck Wave.............................................

Our moto is all you need is water,we'll supply the protein................ Tongue Ice Cream.....................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hi Gang...sorry about your luck Floyd, feel your pain, got sev friends not wanting to stand near me lately Frown Madi, Rick & I went to the creek(lil Man went with g'ma), I went 4.56 & finally won s'thing---dash 4 cash, Madi missed winning her dash by .004 & I thought okay like Mike & I talked goin back to my roots to reroute may be a good thing...got in to go up for 3rd rd, no reverse, no first, no movement...sheered the flippen torque convertor bolts lol, I just keep telling myself it could always be worse, right? It hit me on my way out the door yesterday morning when I noticed a picture of my friend Tess with her son Houston laying on the desk that I don't know feeling bad at all, my heart goes out to her, Ma B, Bob & Karen...

Good stuff Chuck, wish we could hear you announcing, love & miss ya Ma B, where are you Nicole? always a pot of water for broccoli Wink at our house, both kids love it, we planted 18 plants but only 4 made it...having a garden is fun stuff with Madi & Adiayn tho. Almost time to trade for new parts Mike, make sure they give you the best.

Hope Mom comes home today Mike & she's feeling much better!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MsFurr,

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Beautiful week coming up, if the weather people got their predictions right... low 70s no humidity and clear skies. Hoping it carries in to our Night of Fire this Saturday.

Hi Mike! Wave The Broccoli Road Truckers, I would tape every show! Big Grin That's some good stuff, riding with Mannie, and getting that time together. I sure hope mom comes home today, and that's she's feeling better.

You have your head on straight, Michelle, even when the stuff we do for fun is frustrating. Congrats on the dash for cash... and we'll blame your luck on those bolts. The new ones will be lucky bolts! Smile And if you come footin', maybe you'll get to hear me on the mic, I'm going to ask Steve and Jared for a time slot if I'm out early one of the days.

You all have a good one! hug Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Went and had lunch with my old boss for 28 years yesterday! We have been friends since our high school days and are just a few months apart in age. He built a very successful millwright and steel construction business and when his son's took over it was plain to see what we weren't seeing "eye to eye" so I chose to retire after 28 years as controller! Hadn't seen him since late 2007 and was good to just reminise with him for an hour or so. Mike, keep that brocolli truck on the straight and narrow and make those boys wear their seat belts in case your hip decides to kick the ol' truck in reverse instead of forward! Hope mom comes home feeling "re-manufactured" and well!:eye s: Ice Cream Wave Cool

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning gang.
It's Humpday. This week is almost over.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning all,I see a contest in the making this morning,how do you spell broculli,so far they ain't none of us spelled it the same,so somebody look it up............. Hum.............I love contest,the winner will get well,broculli................ Big Grin...................................

Well got to get to it,got some cabbage to haul with that broculli this morning,so Mannie and I are off to the fields again this morning..................... Ice Cream.......................

When riding with Mannie you can learn alot about alot of stuff,yesterday it was clams or something like that,sometimes the lessons get so intense that I say yea to things I don't even hear, Hum Wink No No...............so we're off again on the educational broculli highway.................... Laughing ...........................

Ya'll have a gooden and prayers to all,and lets pray for Rooster,to any of you that didn't see the post on the board yesterday,he's having surgrey today to remove a kidney,sounds like cancer,Rooster did'nt say,but another poster aluded to it,so lets keep him in our prayers,and pray for his recovery,as well as Bob,and so many others............ hug Praying..........................................

Hey Wave Chuck,Michelle and Floyd,Guy,Nicole,Mouse,and all the gang,God Bless all ya'll and we'll see ya'll on The Vegetable Truckers Highway after bit........................... Car Tongue.............................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Rooster, I didn't see the post...Chuck gets the prize, thought I had it but saw his & went back to chg mine....Have a great day gang, prayers all around!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone from central Florida..another day with Africa hot and Brazil humid weather...lol...I look forward to coming up to Bristol in a couple of weeks...

I hope everyone feels good today, me included...

Dan

Posts: 1279 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Broccoli; Winner!

Vegetable Truckers Highway, I like that.

Damn, Rooster, get that thing fixed. By the way, any news on Bob J?

Michelle, we did that once on the boys altered. only his didn't all shear. Just 2 of them and it made it vibrate so bad the balancer fell off on the track.

Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Doin' the Humpty Hump...
Looking forward to a 3 day weekend, might even start it a little early on Friday if I'm able. Loving this weather this week, A-1 perfect! Low to mid 70s, no humidity, awesome! It will warm up for race day, but that's fine, because it will be dry.

Hi Mike! Wave Prayers for Rooster for sure. I think BobJ posted on the Slick Rick double up thread that they were planning on going to that race in Indy, but Bob just got out of the hospital that Friday or Saturday. Prayers for little JJ... he had tubes put in his ears, and a broncho something, done yesterday. Maybe Kimmy will stop in and 'splain. But he was doing well, expected to go home today I believe.

Thinking about Marty today too, hope he and his family are doing ok.

Welcome Dan! Looking forward to meeting you at Bristol.

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
summertime...had a fun evening, riding 4 wheelers with the kids around home, Lil Man's growing up as his tires now slide way more than they roll!

FurrRacing.com