DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Mouse, looks like it's you and I this week holding down the fort, hope everybodies ok............................... Praying..................

I believe Chuck said he's gone on vacation and Ken maybe still putting that window in the benz j/k Ken, and Floyd and Buddy I bets laying on the beach somewhere watching the ladies................. Eyes Tongue Double Thumbs up.................................................................

Well wherever you all are I sure hope the suns a shining in your favor and the rain holds off for a few days, dog days will be officially over sunday aug.11 Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo......................................... Wave Double Thumbs up.....................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
GM Folks slept in this morning and my normal laptop won't start this morning so I'm on my backup,so rough start to a cloudy rainy morning.................. rainy..............................

Hope ya'll's day is starting better than mine catch up to ya'll afterwhile............................... Wave...................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning all.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy from Holden Beach, NC. Having great weather and a great time.

Today would have been Nikki's 11th birthday. Big hugs to you all, especially Karen, Bob, and Ashley.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, it's so foggy here this morning I thought I woke up in heaven,had to be heaven all the soft clouds floating around and then Manny's donkey let out a yeehaw and busted up that dream, anyway it's all good and foggy...................... Double Thumbs up.................................................

Chuck hope you're having fun at the beach and with the family, don't get to much sun and watch them Carolina sketters they are nicens down in and around the beach............ Wave................................

Mouse you tried that motor out in the s-10 yet, hope it done good for you.............. Car..........................

Hard to believe Nikki would have been 11,prayers sent out for Karen,Bob and Ashley.................... Praying...............................

Sure would love to hear from our Mia's Christina and Christine and all the rest hope you are doing ok,see ya'll later......................... Praying hug Wave...........................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's goin to be a quiet day out here on the left coast. The weather is goin to be so nice I might do a little yard work. My patio is seriously in need of some of a machete. Damn Jose the gardener don't seem to be able to find his way back there.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon guys and gals.
Mike, the new motor in the S10 is already back out and on the stand.
I don't know why or how, but it knocked every lobe off the cam.
I'm done for this year. I've built more than a dozen engines, and this is the first cam I've ever lost.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Mouse hate to hear that about your motor I'm about ready to start putting my 355 back together hope it'll work out..................

Ya'll have a great day............... Double Thumbs up...........................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good Morning gang !!

So very happy for you Chuck, congrats on winning an awesome race...always thinking of Nikki & Bob

Been raining a lot, interfering with the kids getting to race, they want to be at the track. Thinking we will head down to the mini million at Piedmont, temp in the mid 70's there in August-unheard of.

hoping each of you have a day full of smiles Smile

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,hope you alls day is a blessed one.......................... Double Thumbs up...............................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Back at the helm. Yay. Had an awesome time on vacation, so very hard to come back. Harsh adjustment to shoes and socks, after being barefoot most of the week. My cousins and I left late Friday night, got home 11:30 Saturday morning, went racing a few hours later for the 4th Annual Thinking of Nikki & Mark race. I was in my buddy's '08 Charger, and lucked my way into winning the Street class. It was a very special win for me, on a very special night. I'll post some of the pics people took. Best of all, $4,953 was raised for the Thinking of Nikki Foundation.

Ken, good to hear the glass went in easily enough, and that you figured out the charger wiring. I hope you have success on the sale, and finding a suitable replacement racer. I think you should be able to find something pretty decent.

Mouse, sorry to hear you're done for the season. Too much spring pressure possibly? Just curious, did you talk to the cam manufacturer to get their input?

Floyd, if you feel up to it, my grass needs cut too. Big Grin

Mike, everywhere I go, the skeeters find me. I got chewed on pretty good, but it was absolutely worth it. I'm wondering about our MIA's also. Christine was at the track Saturday, and she was having an emotional day.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,WTG Chuck good to win but on a special day that was great would love to see MaB type to us again but I understand why,she's always on my mind.......... Praying hug..........along with our other MIA's........................................

Took Manny to Gander Mt.saturday for fishing supplies I wish you could have seen him when he opened the doors to that place he was worst than a mama with ten kids on black friday,he grabbed a basket and took off I followed him and said slow down son there's plenty for you and all the others.
I told him he could spend $70 bucks and he spent $100 buck which was what I was going to let him spend to start with but I knowed if he knowed he'd spend a $130 bucks Big Grin............thats why I'm Dad I rule..............he had a ball and we went fishing sat.night Sunday evening and lastnight because school started today and I thought he needed some motivation.............. Double Thumbs up..............................

Well hope ya'lls day is a great one see ya'll in a bit.................... Praying Wave..................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hoping to have a good week here, start thrashing on the Cutlass tonight, and have it running for Friday night. And the Pirates start a 3 game series in St Louis, time to show what they're really made of.

Mike, thanks, it sure felt good to see some lamps come on, even if half of them were sheer luck. Haven't been to a Gander Mountain, but I think I'd be like Manny too, just on flannel shirts and camping gear. Big Grin I hoep he does well in school.

I posted a few pics in Bob's thread that folks put up in Facebook, from the race Saturday. Some cool stuff in there. There's a real nice pic of Bob and Karen, giving further proof that Bob married up. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone,what a morning here in Cana, the suns a shining and it's low 60's at 7:30am and I've got the windows open and giving the A/C a rest,to muddy to log so plenty to do around my treasure yard(Mannys name for it).......................... Double Thumbs up.............................

Chuck,Manny come home from the 1st day of school with a plan to get him a tablet I'm thinking paper tablet from my days,but wrong again Dad it's some kind of kinda like well as you can see I ain't sure what it is,but he says the teacher say it would be a great help to him if he had one(thanks teach)lol,anyway we'll check in on this and see but it just so happens to have games on it too, Hum.............they'res always a plan in there for Manny................. hug Angel.......................it'll help you to Dad........................... Double Thumbs up...........................

Hope ya'lls day is great.................................. Praying............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yup, Chuck, Bob done married up good! He better hope she don't get her eyes fixed. LOL!
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
mornin' all! Gorgeous stretch of weather here this week... we might not even top 70 today. And it looks like it will cooperate for the 3 straight days of racing from tomorrow night to Saturday night. Thanks to my buddy Matt, the converter pads got milled down .150, thanks to Bob and his big old Bridgeport. It's so good to have friends. Hopefully all goes well tonight getting the trans installed.

Floyd, the other good thing is Ashley takes after her mama!! Big Grin

Mike, there are good things about the tablets, I guess, these days. I'm more of a paper guy too, but the times they are a-changin'.

You all have a great dsy!!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
OK people, enough talking about nice weather. It has been over 100 degrees here, for at least 30 years. Seriously thinking of giving up on Summer racing. Just too damn hot at the track.

Anyway, looks like everyone is doing fairly well. That's good. I really am happy to hear some of you are going racing, or getting things done that needed doing.

Don't remember if I told you I finally got the door glass in the car. It was easy once I had the right glass. Also, brought the golf cart back from the track last time we were there, and spent about 3 days working on the brakes. Didn't have any. So, took it all apart and started over. Funny thing. This thing has adjuster assemblies on it that just don't exist in the real world. This is a 1987 EZGO 3 wheel electric. One adjuster was froze up solid. Wasn't having much luck getting it to move, so took the adjuster to the EZGO dealer. They could not even find a reference to the part. All their parts and service manuals show a completely different set up. Not only that, but they could sell me a complete brake assembly to replace mine, but..........well, they don't make them anymore.

So, to make a long story not so long, I took some advice I got on here, and finally got the old part to work. Now I have brakes. Peg will be happy.

While we were at the dealer, we looked at some of the newer models they have. WOW, radios, windshild wipers, and I think it may have had A/C. It was all glassed in. Can't imagine what it might cost.

So, Gonna try racing again this Saturday. Hope it ain't too hot. I need to make some passes and earn some points.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,man it's nice weather wise here again this morning got alot of mowing to do just as soon as I work alittle on the mower had to repair the deck yesterday and had a tough time getting it adjusted but back at it this morning,it's overcast with low 60's right now........................ Double Thumbs up............................

Ken you take it easy out there in that heat and have some fun racing............... Car........................................

Chuck hope you get to race the cutlass this weekend I know you can't wait.............................. Double Thumbs up..........................

Hope the rest of the drr GM gang has a great day we'll see ya'll later................................ Praying Wave...................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I love the weather we're having, but it's making me nervous, that either we'll be buried in December underneather feet of snow, or in tshirts and shorts for Christmas. Ah, sufficient are the worries of today.

Ken, golf cart prices are surprising. My buddies and I were talking about throwing in on one, just a basic one, nothing fancy. no radio, bling, etc. Good luck this Saturday.

Mike, thanks, but ran into another issue last night. We put the trans up in, started bolting things together, and my buddy said "uh oh". He was starting the converter bolts, when he saw the flexplate to crrank bolt heads were already touching the face of the converter, and he hadn't even tightened the converter bolts at all. So, I'll borrow another converter and hope it works. We'll see.

At least the Pirates came through in a big way, and Liriano pitched a gem over the Csrds.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,another beautiful day here in Cana,low 50's makes you say wooooohoooooo................. Double Thumbs up................................

Well got to get after the ever running IT see ya'll after bit,tell ya'll about the push mower wreck Manny had yesterday,you say push mower and wreck in the same sentence you think OH MY it's all good you'll just have to hear this one,tell ya'll in the morning................................. Hum Praying Wave...........................................................................