DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everyone.
Chuck, why you want to ruin the fried taters like that?
We got a hot day in store for us today.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, I'm sitting here this morning listening to the neighbors Angus Bull bellar back and forth at Manny's donkey (who gets her name from the Srik (sp)movie where the donkeys name is Donkey)Bull must have bad vision or has done got all the cows bred and well TMI moment there(in memory of our own cow guy Guy)theres always 5 strains of bobbed wire between true love and reality............................... Hum Eyes No No I'm stupid Tongue Double Thumbs up...............................

It's all good Mouse I've got taters both ways with or without P/O Manny likes them plain also so I fixem both ways come and gettem.......................... Ice Cream...............................................

Chuck I've found a new flavor(to me) of ice cream that is pretty good and Manny and I have been laying into it pretty good as of late Ice Cream it's strawberry cheesecake made by the Hersey co.and it's hand dipped at one of our local stores, I'm trying to founder myself on it so I quit wanting it everyday................ help Wave................................................

Ok ya'll have a gooden and hope ya'll have a cool day, see ya'll tomorrow and I'll tell ya'll about the story of the adventures of driving the log truck with my mouse friend riding with me, not our Mouse but a mouse tune in you'll get a kick for sure....................................... Praying Double Thumbs up..................................................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Cooling off today, low 70s, nice little break after last week. Looking like an awesome day/night for test and tune tomorrow. I wish I had the Olds running for it, but all good things in time, I keep telling myself.

Ken, oops! Big Grin Ah, out of the mouths of babes. Another one of the those "Do as I say, not as I do" moments.

Mouse, peppers, onions, and Red Hot, mmm mmm good on some fried taters. I can go plain too, but not without the Red Hot. Wondering if this is a Pittsburgh thing.... y'all have sloppy fries? French fries covered with gravy and mozzerella cheese?

Mike, when I'm in the garage, sometimes I can hear the cows from up and across the road. That's a good sound. At my old apartment, half gallons of ice cream would get freezer burn, so I haven't tried it yet in the new house. I would get Ben & Jerry's pints though, and they have a strawberry cheesecake flavor too, that is real good. Sounds like Stuart Little took a ride with you? Big Grin

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Afternoon gang.
Chuck, I love fries with country gravy on them. I've never put cheese and gravy on though.
I guess we had some wild storms roll through here ast night. I never woke up, so I guess it wasn't too bad.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Wet fries! Luv 'em! Chili fries with cheese, tomatoes and pickles from The Hat. Awesome except they give Buddy terrible gas. Ask me how I know.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Absolutley beautiful, chamber of commerce type day here. Humidity way down, nice and sunny, high 70s.

Mouse, I love to sleep when it rains. It's like a lullabye to me. We rained out after 2 rounds Sunday, and I was ready to lay down and take a nap in my buddy's trailer, listening to the rain on the roof.

Floyd, are you up early, or not go to bed yet??

Good to know there are variations around. I guess it's a Pittsburgh thing to call them sloppy fries. Now I want some chili and cheese fries. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I'm up early every day.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Another beauty of a day here in Pittsburgh, but it looks like we might get wet tomorrow. Ah well. That would give me time to wrench on the Cutlass if we do get rained out. Work has kept me from getting into the garage this week. C'mon, Powerball! Big Grin

Floyd, are you sure you're retired??? Big Grin

You all have a great weekend!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Did you say retarded?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone. Beautiful morning here in Cali. Heading out to Sonoma this morning to the Nationals, going to be pit crewing for our buddy Dennis Paz. It's been a tradition for years now and we all have a great time. Weather is looking close to perfect over there, in the low 80's.

Well you all have a safe and happy weekend.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everyone.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hopin' everyone is doing fine. Things here are just "peachy".

Stopped by the VA on Wednesday to see the Doc after the scan I had a few days ago. Seems things haven't changed. Well, except the spots on my lungs they were worried about have gone away. That's good. The Liver is the same. That's not bad. BUT, strange thing. They said my appendix had been surgically removed. Don't know when that happened. Now, I've been "snot-slingin', knee walkin', four sheets to the wind tipsy" a time or two, but still, I have no scar and no memory of having it removed. something I do need to look into.

Other than that, suppose to be a hot and sunny day today, but it will rain, simply because I will be replacing a window on our daily driver.

While back, in the market for a decent car, we came across a very good deal on an older (02) Mercedes C-320. This is the bottom line of the company, but still, not a bad little car.........except it is really really expensive to work on. Everything costs $400.00 or more to have done. Guess I can afford to buy a MB, just can't afford to own one. Replacing this window was quoted by a windshield shop at $250.00, but they couldn't get the glass. So, tried the dealer. They quoted $350.00. A bit pricey, but I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for 8:30 yesterday morning. Got there at 8:00. Left for breakfast at 8:30 in a loaner car. Wow, really nice car, but you need a "techy co-driver" to handle all the high tech stuff. Anyway, stretched the breakfast out to cover the 2 or 3 hours they said it would take. Got back to the shop, and they hadn't even started yet. Asked them about my 8:30 appointment, and discovered that was to fill out the paper work. But, now, they change the quote to $550.00 PLUS the glass which was another $141.06. I told them never mind. Bought the glass and came home. I got the inner door panel off last night. But, today is gonna be interesting. There is no opening on the inside of the door to get the glass thru, even if I remove the window motor and air bag. It must somehow go thru the window opening. I will find out more when I remove the old glass. I am gonna need some luck, so send your gone vibes this way.

OK, otta breath here so will set you loose.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, been a rough couple days here with fighting the mud in log truck and fighting low blood sugars for some reason I've been so tighed up with all that I ain't even had the puter on hardly at all, so my Drr GM fix is over due.......................... Double Thumbs up.......................................

Ken sounds like you will be busy for the day with that window, good luck I hate working on the newer stuff but with the years flying by the newer stuff is about all that is left................. Hum Wink....................................

Chuck it's raining here again also it was finally getting to making a little dust on top of the hills and here we go again, there ain't no doubt whos in charge of the weather, cause if was me it I would let up a little on the rain, but then I'd be talking about how dusty it was so it's all good.................. Big Grin................................................

Susie you all have fun at the Nationals I'll be pulling for Dennis anybody that'll race a p/u well sorta a p/u is my kind of racer I love me some p/u ain't that right Mouse............................. Double Thumbs up..........................................

Well ya'll have a dry and safe weekend me I'm hinding in plain sight hoping I don't have to do anything but stay dry, but hiding is hard for me to do being I'm 6' 4" and 265 I'm like yellow snow it's hard to miss me................. Eyes Tongue.............I know bad example TMI...................................... Praying hug Wave Double Thumbs up...Happy Happy...............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Again, good morning all;

Just a quick update.

After a lot of pondering and putzing, I pretty much figured out how to do this. Got the new glass almost installed when I noticed a small problem. It DON'T fit. After a bit of checking, found out they sold me a left side glass, which is OK I suppose, but I had ordered glass for the RIGHT side. So now, the correct glass won't be in until Wednesday. Ya know, if I weren't so damn good looking and lovable, I would probablly be really upset about this, ...............oh wait, I AM really upset about this. But, I am just gonna take it easy and when my correct (I hope)glass arrives, I do know how to install it. I wasn't real busy anyway, so just another "adventure".

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!1

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, still pretty wet here got a lot of rain overnight and is still coming on and off so a wet sunday for sure..................... rainy................................

Ken your luck sounds about like mine I mean if I say left they say right and if they say well you get what I'm saying, just saying................ Hum Tongue..................................

Hope everyones sunday is just right for whatever you're going to do................... Praying Double Thumbs up.................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
All you guys out there pull trailers with your race car on them, right? How do you know when you have a flat? I've had 3 and I only knew about one cause I heard it blow. The other 2 I was told by a passing motorist. My boy found this neat little gadget called a TPMS, tire pressure monitering system. The valve stem caps have little transmitters in them that send the tire pressure and temperature to a receiver that you have in the cab. It sends an alarm when tire pressure drops 3 pds and it tells you which tire. It won't save me from having a flat but it will save me from tearing up a fender when the tire shreds.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folk, sure is a pretty day to not be driving my log truck but the woods in mighty muddy, so ifn it don't rain anymore for a few days we mite get back in the woods by thrusday, Praying...............................................

The mouse story goes like this the other day I left the lumber yard in the bosses log truck both mine and the bosses trucks had been sitting in the woods for 9 days while it was raining so I was coming down the rd. and saw this little field mouse running around in the right floor board and I thought as long as you stay over there we'll be fine, so on down the rd. I go and hit a big bump and low and behold that dude fell out from under the dash of that truck down on my size 14 feet, he was cutting flips and I was stomping as hard and fast as I could to kill the little feller but somehow he got away to not be seen again.

You have to imagine the pic. in your mind of two giant feet trying to stomp a mouse out from under the clutch and brake pedel while driving a log truck down the hwy. it was something to see, thank goodness I'd done unloaded the logs, when he started up my bare leg I had shorts on something like that makes chills run up my back.

Got to the log yard pulled up to the service truck got the air hose and the blower end and blowed everything out from under the truck seat, the guys was giving me a hard time about being scared of a mouse, wouldn't so much scared of the mouse as I was the feeling of him or her running up my leg.............. No No Rolling......................................

Anyway the moral of the story is if a mouse gets in the log truck with you be sure he's got his seat belt on,lol......................... Hum Double Thumbs up............................

Got to thinking about it later and thought I bet his pals had a good laugh at me too, heres the mouses standing around the bar having a evening beer and one says to the other how was you day, and my mouse that was in the truck with me says Aw had a near miss today a big fellow in a old chevy log truck got to dancing while driving and nearly stepped on me, don't these white guys know they can't dance................... Hum Laughing Laughing .................................................................

Well I hope you get a laugh or three out of that true story all but the bar part ofcourse have a great day folks...................................... Praying hug Wave...........................................................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again, but no complaints here. Been a real sweet stretch of weather since the high humidity broke last week, even if we did get rained out Saturday. More nice temps and low humidity this week. Got the trans out of the Cutlass, and my buddy is taking it to my builder today. I suspect the input shaft is bent, and not letting the converter seat all the way in the pump. I tried putting my old converter in, and it does the same thing.

Susie, I hope you had a good time in Sonoma. How did Dennis do? I didn't get a chance to look at the race results.

Ken, maybe you got caught by one of those urban legends come true, where you get drugged and they take your kidney? But they missed and got your appendix?? Tongue Good to hear about the lungs and liver. Sorry to hear about the misadventures with the window.

Floyd, you have me wanting to check my trailer tires. I've only had mine a year, and I've only towed it to the track once, pulled it out of the track to take the injured Olds home, and drove the trailer to my buddy's dad's place for the winter, and it's still there. I like the idea of the TPMS.

Hi Mike! Wave I got the texts, good stuff. I'll host 'em and post 'em. Keep care of the blood sugar stuff. Nice mouse story. They are dodgy little critters. And the last thing you want is for them to mistake anything on you for acorns. Big Grin About 5 years ago, my buddy was still driving his '87 Mustang in, and changing tires. He pulled into the pits one day, got out, shut the door, and a mouse dropped onto the top of his front tire, then jumped into the grass and took off. He must not have liked the 50 minute ride wherever he was hidden.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
I know I am gonna catch hell on this one, but I got myself in a pickle and need some advice.

I have a battery charger with a black wire and a white wire that attach to the batterky. Other than the color of the wires, there is no other indication of which is POS and which is NEG.

I am thinking white is NEG and black is POS, but for the life of me, can't remember. Don't want to take a chance hooking it up wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. AND, I will take the beating also.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm no wiring expert in any way... but I always thought black was usually a ground/negative? And that's what I remember the ground cable for the battery being on the older cars.