DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,man what a thunder storm last evening the lighting show was awesome here at the foot of the mt. it was flashing all around and the thunder rumbling................. Double Thumbs up.............................

No wood work today got a little muddy in the woods yesterday, besides the boss took his little girls to sciworks in Winston-Salem today I just love young dads that will do stuff with their kids, especially knowing what a hustler this guy is........... Thumbs up Thumbs up................................

Well lets get after it, ifn I ever catch this it thing, I'm going to mount it and hang it on the wall, I'd bet they ain't just every house got a it hanging on the wall.............. Hum Tongue............. Praying Wave....................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Still warm out there. Looks like there may be storms on Saturday to knock the temps and humidity down on Sunday. There were some impressive lightning shows out of our buidling's windows on Tuesday.

Susie, thanks, I'll take all the luck I can get to get the Hammerhead running again. I hope Homegrown is back up and running in fine shape sooner rather than later too. Have fun in Sonoma.

Mike, it is cool to watch dads with their kids. We had a big bunch out for dinner for our buddy Scotty's birthday. Bob, Karen, and Ashley were there, and Mark and Beth with their 2 year old and 6 month old boys. Always good stuff.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, hope everyone slept good lastnight I mowed last evening till late went in hot watched a little tv and came to the camper and knockout so I recon I slept good, this heat is brutal, the humidy is so high the last few days it's almost like you're wearing another layer of clothes when you're out for a while...................... Hum.............................

Well hope ya'lls day is good could use some prayers sent this way, Hope my X is having some health issues and it's affecting everyone around her so keep her in your prayers and Mom is trying to hang but this heat keeps pulling her down and seems to make her health issues worse, so thanks in advance for the prayers........................ hug Praying...........................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mikey, it's hot all over. Seems to happen every year at this time. I notice the older I get the worse the heat effects me.
About all me and Buddy are going to do today is get a new trailer tire. We hit something on the freeway coming home from Sacramento and cut a tire down. That's bad but worse is whatever it was bounced up and put a small hole in the side of my nice white Pace trailer. A properly placed decal now covers the hole.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning and T.G.I.F.
Couple more hours here at work, then it's to the house to pull the motor back out of the S10.
Chuck, my mom is just doing as well as can be expected. She's not getting any worse, so that's the only blessing out of all this. Any improvements that she was going to have, have happened, so what she has now, is how she's going to be.
Y'all have a great day and be careful.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Still pretty warm and very humid, going into tomorrow. I hope to make some progress on the Olds tonight and find out what is going on. I really miss being in my hot rod.

Mike, make sure you stay hydrated out there, and keep up with the refreshing H-2-O. Sorry to hear about Hope and your mom, prayers for them.

Floyd, I think the heat gets everyone, except for the sick sick people who love this type of weather. Those people are nuts.

Mouse, prayers for your mom. I know that's a hard situation. Good luck with the S10.

Ice cream time!! Go get some with someone you want to be with, whether you saw them this morning, or haven't seem them in forever.
Ice Cream Ice Cream hug

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Went by my boy's work yesterday and he showed me some of the things he got for his new toy.
I don't know if I told you but he went over to the dark side. He bought a real low mileage '07 Shelby GT500.
Got a killer deal, the owner passed away. Anyhow, he has changed all the suspension, upper and lower control arms, rear control arms, urethane bushings all around, light brakes, lowered springs, double adjustable shocks all around and new sticky tires. Yesterday he got a new Mcleod clutch, shifter and 2 garret turbo chargers. Yes, he is turbocharging it into the supercharger. He is building a showcase for all of his customers and vendors parts as well as the turbo controls that he sells. He hopes to have it done for the PRI show coming up.
Y'all have a gooden. Me and Buddy are going to take a nap. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Floyd that's awesome sounding what he's doing with the Mustang supercharged and turbos that sounds awesome that ought to be a ride and a half you and Buddy take it easy it's just about to HOT around here to think................................... Eyes help.................................

Going to hang close to home today and stay cool hope ya'lls day is cool and safe................. Praying Wave.................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Mikey, it ought to be a ride. It already puts 583 hp to the ground and he's figuring on about 1000 at low boost. Kid is never satisfied. LOL!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Still got a hour to wait before a store opens up. Buddy got skunked this morning about 2:00 and I don't have any baking soda. I'll shortly fix that problem. Eek

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, dang Floyd nothing worse than you sitting buddy Buddy getting skunked well maybe you getting skunked would be worse Buddy mite have a hard time washing you in baking soda......... Hum Eyes Tongue..........just funning, put a little smell good stuff in with the soda it'll make you think he was skunked by peppy li pew............... Double Thumbs up........................................

Well happy sunday morning to you all,and have a cool and safe day.............................. Praying hug Wave............................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
We have some rain rolling through NE Okla right now.
That's a good thing. We were needing it.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Looks like most everyone is doing well. Same here.

Went to the track yesterday evening. Hot, but not as hot as it has been. BUT, still, I think, too hot for me. I was totally whooped at the end of the night. We did manage to make a pass during eliminations last night. Won by default......he lit the meatball. Then, had battery problems in the lanes before 2nd round and had to drop out. But, I think we had fun. Just don't know if I survive much more of this.

Anyway, I woke up this morning, so it's all good

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Mouse hows the knee mine was aching this morning when it hit the floor and I thought I bet Mouses knee is the same way when old Auther comes by, hope you have a fine day............................... Double Thumbs up...........................................

Ken I'm with you on this heat thing, back a few years ago I'd race no matter what the weather was but since I've turn 50 and now 54 I'm either working or taking Manny fishing if I'm out in the heat, racing is going to be comfortable and fun or I'm done.............................. Wink...............................

Chuck hope you got the Olds figured out and got it together maybe when we get through these dog days it'll quit all this raining and cool down a little and we can get back to racing......................... Car...................................

Floyd hope you got old Buddy smelling like a rose this morning that skunked stuff is just tough.................. help.....................................

Ok the rest of you GM folks get attem and if you catch up with the it thing please take pic. I'm still chasing it, got to get out and play in the mud ya'll have a fine day.............................. Praying Double Thumbs up.............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Got Buddy bathed and all cleaned up and smelling pretty. He's still a little pissed cause I made him stay outside for 2 hours while I waited for the store to open. Got him dressed, put collar on, and went over to Marty's for a while. They said he still smelled. Whoops! It's the collar. Put a new one on and he's good to go. Still can't figure out how he got sprayed, my patio is enclosed and both doors were closed. Maybe the skunk sprayed thru the screen.
Y'all have a gooden. That's all the news from the left coast.
Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again. Stunk up the joint both days this weekend, in daily drivers my buddy Rich lent me. I'm grateful for that, just want to be in the Olds. Maybe this week. We'll see. I'm doing pretty good if that's my only complaint.

Floyd, sounds like an awesome ride Marty picked up, and he's making it even more awesome-er. Is he still going to PRI, even with it going back to Indy? Poor Buddy... glad you got him cleaned up and back to normal.

Ken, fun is always good. Just be sure to keep hydrated, and cool off as much as possible between rounds. Dropping a hand towel in ice cold water and putting it on my neck always helps, and I wipe my face with it before the helmet goes on, and dry it off so I don't fog my glasses.

Thanks Mike, I can't get back in the Olds quick enough. Thankfully the heat wave broke, and Saturday was pretty comfortable. I keep willing myself to say I can handle the heat. Big Grin

Mouse, stay safe in that weather, don't chase too close if the storms go big.

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
You guys will have to check out those new cold bandanas, I know they have them at Lowes, pretty cool & was a life saver when lil Man got sunburned on his back at the beach.

Rick & I went to our work seminar last week & got recognition for our 25 years with the company, feel lucky to have such good jobs that allow us to be with the kids and go racing.

Hope you all have a good night Wink Give Buddy a hug for me Floyd!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,fried taters for BF and some bacon, and for Chuck Sweet tea, hope ya'lls day is cool................... Double Thumbs up.....................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Well, I got "busted" last evening. To think that my "kindred soul" Grandaughter dropped a dime on me.

Seems our youngest daughter was driving our Grandaughter home from Summer Camp and had a bit of road rage, flipping off the driver in the next lane. Realizing what she had done, she apologized to Kylie. And, of course, taking every oppotunity to get Papa in trouble, replied: "that's OK Momma, Papa does that ALL THE TIME". Thank you beloved little princess. My day will come.

Other than that, things are going well. I've been staying out of the heat most of the time, and going slowly when I do have to be out side in the heat.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Tired of the rain... it messes with my old truck, knocks out the radio, and I need the radio to drown out my singing. At least it's looking like a cool week. Tomorrow is supposed to be low 70s. The rain is also bad for the tomatoes, got some blight going around up here.

Michelle, congrats on the 25 years. I know what you mean, I feel the same, been here 27.

Mike, throw some onion and green peppers in my taters please Big Grin