DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,raining big time here really wish the folks out west had some of it to help with the fires and heat wave,prayers sent out that way for sure.................... Praying.............................................

Chuck,prayers for Aunt Helen it's amazing what they can do nowdays with these hip replacements I've had 5 hip surgries through the years and I can't believe how they have advanced through the years.
Next thing you know they'll have drive thru surgerys just hope the price gets cheaper with take-out................ Hum I'm stupid.................................................
And praying for Aunt Honey and family....................... Praying..............................

Well off to do some more running around today can't haul logs can't do much outside at all so we'll just run around and duck in and out of showers..................... rainy Double Thumbs up.................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day, though I'm betting it's Friday for a lot of people. I'm one of them, woo hoo! Big Grin The engine is coming along slow but sure. Rockers, water pump, crank pulley, and alternator all went on last night. I need to measure for a belt, put the motor mounts on, flexplate, valve covers, and oil pump shaft, then I can drop her in. Hoping to be firing up tomorrow. I want to go to Norwalk Friday to watch the NHRA elims and pro qualifying, but only if the Cutlass is ready to go.

Mike, we're in that humid weather too, where the rain will dump down hard in some places, and others don't get a drop. I sure wish we could send it all west. Aunt Helen felt better immediately, so you're right, it is amazing what the docs can do now.

In case I don't make it back on, you all have a wonderful holiday, and be safe out there. Ice cream all around!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Happy 4th of July and thank you to all our Military folks that have been there for us for a long time and I personally want to thank them..................... hug Double Thumbs up...................................

And another rainy day in Cana all we need now is some catfish for Manny's pond down at the foot of the hill,it's almost full just from rain water.
Manny and I went down yesterday to check-out a pump shot gun I bought and shot it in the pond it looked like a bomb went off when it hit,Manny says Dad you can't do that when we put fish in there,lol,I said ok................................ rainy Christmas..................................................

Well we're going to battle the rain here on the 4th ya'll be safe and stay dry if at all possible.................. Praying Wave.............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks still raining rainy.....here had to get a tarp at tractor supply yesterday to put on top of the mini-winnie it was leaking in places it had never leaked so got to do some repair work on top as soon as it quits raining,when it quits I quess we'll be saying man it's dry Hum Tongue............funny how that works...........................

Well I hope ya'lls day is high and dry and really peacable..................... Praying Wave...........................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning same old story just a new day, rainy...............................

Hope everyone has a great weekend.............................. Double Thumbs up......................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all. Thrash is hitting some snags, Cutlass is not running yet. Oh well. Not going to rush things now. Stay dry out there if you're getting wet, stay cool if you're getting hot.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon All;

Well, life is getting settled down. Been pretty lazy last few days.

Went out to the car last evening to do a little tuning. One of those days. You know, when the job takes 15 minutes, but it take 20 to find the tool you need, then another 30 minutes to fix the tool, and add 10 minutes to find the screw you dropped, then you hit your head and need to find some bandage to stop the bleeding. Nothing serious, but just won't stop bleeding.

By the end of the evening, I was exhausted. Going to the bracket race tonight. Depending on how things go, I may not be doing this much longer. I usually understand why I do this at first launch, but it is getting more and more difficult to deal with the heat, the thrashing, and the mistakes. I am making more and more mistakes lately. I get tired, and in a hurry, and overlook something. So far, it hasn't bitten me, but sooner or later, if I continue to screw up, I will get bit.

Anyway, gonna go give it a try tonight.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Well, we did survive last night. One of those "special" nights. First of all, we got to the track at exactly the right time. Pretty much drove right in the gate. Got the car out of the box and ready to go. Talked to the people I needed to talk to, and we are ready to go..........but they ain't. Glitch in the timing system. Took over two hours to get it fixed. They had already called the race and people were leaving when they got it fixed. First time trial, everything went well until the launch. Car was extremely squirrely. Thinking they didn't have the track prepped real good because shortly after, the stopped and reprepped it. Second pass was a total mess. So, didn't get a usable time run. By this time, it is almost 11:00 pm. Had no idea what to dial, and had some issues and a few questions, so we just put the car back in the trailer, and called it a night. Car felt like it was running good, even if it didn't hook either time.

But, it felt good being out there, even if I didn't get a rush from a good run. Gonna take another shot at it next week. Not a race, but need to see if I can get the car to hook.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragnRat,

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,looking like a carbon copy of the last few weeks here, the man upstairs thinks I need a week or two off I reckon, so we'll roll with it................................... Double Thumbs up.......................................

Ken sounds like a weekend that was a mixed bag of stuff, racing sometimes can be very stressful, that's why since they been a lot of stress around here lately I've not even attemped going, be safe and keep cool....................... Wink......................................

Chuck hope you get the Olds done, if not are you still going to the WFC, just maybe Manny and I may ride up one of the days and say hey..................... Wave....................................

Well hope everyones day is good and stay safe and cool out there you here................................ Praying hug...............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Goin to be another warm one today. I guess that means summer is finally here.
Marty washed the trailer yesterday and we loaded up to go to Sacramento this weekend for the second race of our 3 race series. Doesn't hardly seem worth it. Maybe a bass boat is in our future. We got a lot more lakes than we do race tracks.
Ken, don't push it, you will know when to quit.
They had a hell of a tribute to the 19 firefighters yesterday in Phoenix. Shut down a freeway so that 19 hearses could take them all home. God Bless Them!
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again. I'm not complaining. I need to know what day it is, so I can keep paying the bills, and when it's time to go have some fun. I hope you all had a great holiday. I spent mine wrenching away on the Olds. Had to check with my trans builder on something, so that was a delay, along with the China made crap freeze plugs leaking. Bought some Iron Tite that I hope seals them up, but the car has to be running and up to temp first. Trans is now in, so hopefully I can make a lot of progress tonight.

Ken, I know all about trying to find tools/parts, especially after moving. I also cut myself nicely with a cut off wheel. That's when I called it a night Thursday, so I wouldn't injure myself worse than that. Glad that it felt good to be out there. I hope you get some good passes that feel even better. Just keep hydrated and as cool as you can. I'm a big fan of the hand towel in ice cold water then put it around your neck.

Mike, I'm sure planning on being in Bristol. Hopefully the Cutlass is coming with me. I've got the best friends anyone could ever ask for, so I've got back up plans. That would be awesome if you and Mannie made it over.

Floyd, I feel for you all out there in CA not having many tracks around. I hope you have some fun and light some lamps. I saw that tribute to the 19 AZ firefighters, man that put a lump in my throat.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Chuck be safe coming down hope you get the cutlass ready, and if we get to work a day or two this week and not sat. we hope to see you all....................... Thumbs up......................................

Hey Floyd stay cool out there on the west side keep Buddy something cool to drink and a lot of shade, as long as our four-legged friends are comfy life is good............................ Wink.....................................

Well ya'll have a great day I'm off to do something I hope........................................ Double Thumbs up Praying.................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Well, things keep throwing me curveballs on the Olds. Converter is too tight in the trans pump. Gotta pull it back out and see what's going on. I actually bolted the trans in and the converter, because I was mad, but this morning thought about it and realized I have to make it right and not chance taking out the thrust bearing or trans pump. I'll still be at Bristol though. My buddy Rick and I will double in his car. Like I said, I have the best friends in the world.

Michelle, come footin'!! Big Grin

Ranting: Can't believe David Wright skipped over Pedro Alvarez for the home run derby at the all star game! Unreal. Wright is going to hear TONS of booing when the Mets play here this weekend.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,can't believe it going to try and work a few hrs.today before it gets to humid.................... Double Thumbs up.................................

Ya'll have a great day................ Praying Wave............................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning...wish you were coming down a day earlier Chuck! Make sure it's right and go get it done this weekend Wink

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Lot of rain here this morning, looks like it's going to clear up by tomorrow, and be a few nice days while we're in Bristol. Bristol is looking pretty decent also.

Michelle, I do too, both to be off, and to see my friends! Smile Hope you and Mike can make it over sometime this weekend.

Y'all know it's National Ice Cream month? Just sayin'
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,looks like one day of work then rain again, don't mean to complain but man it's mudding and normally I love mud, but too much of anything gets old................................ Wink...............................

Chuck ya'll have fun at the WFC, I won't say Manny and I will be there but as he likes to say, quote, you never know Dad you just never know..................... Double Thumbs up...................................

Ya'll have a great day......................................... Praying Wave........................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
Winkyep you never know

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Man we had some rain yesterday. On the bus ride home, the clouds were so low and dark, it was like the big alien ships from "Independence Day" were moving over. Then the skies just opened. I wish we could send this wet weather west where the fires and farmers need it badly.

Mike, no WFC for me. Aunt Honey passed away yesterday afternoon.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Absolutely beautiful California morning, bright blue sky and a cool breeze. It is only supposed to be 89 today which is absolutely perfect around here. That is almost a 20 degree drop from last week at this time.

Chuck I am so sorry to hear about Aunt Honey. Prayers sent to your entire family. Hopefully it gives you comfort to know that she is in a much better place.

Not much to report, still no progress on the Olds. Mark has been working 6 days a week so we haven't been able to get up to Alston's Chassis Works in Sacramento to get the parts we need to rebuild the front end. The overtime money is going to come in really handy for the rebuild, but now he just needs the time to work on it.

You all have a great day and stay cool and dry.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
Frown sorry to hear about your loss Chuck.... thoughts out to you and your family

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post