DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck my heart goes out to you. Praying

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Chuck sorry to hear about Aunt Honey, prayers sent to you and your family...................... Praying.........................

And how is your Aunt doing with the hip replacement......................... Praying............................................

Hope everyone has a fine day................................ Double Thumbs up..............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear that ChuckT

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Big shout out to my buddy Mark Romeo on winning the gamblers last night at the WFC!

Thank you all for the condolences, they are truly comforting. Aunt Helen rebounded better than the docs predicted, and she was cleared to travel last week. My cousins went down to pick her up last week, and she was able to spend time with Aunt Honey, Aunt Honey is on the left, Aunt Pauline, who passed 4 years ago, is on the right.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

All is well here.

Chuck; Sorry for your loss. You were blessed to have her in your life as long as you did, and you are lucky to have such a great family in your life.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evening y'all!
Ran a great 1st rd 057 to 059 had him 1/2 a car all way thru 10.65 to his 10.70. 2nd rd not so good. I got a fast VW and had him barely till about 1100 ft and I got real loose and had to lift. Marty said what happened you gave it back. I said I got crossed up he said it wasn't that bad. I said watch the video. He put one of t Angel hose GoPros in the truck. By the way they are cool. It shows me sawing the wheel and hears me lifting. I want to drive my truck into the trailer at the end of a race. Not have it bent up from going too far over the edge. I was in theright lane and it had been rough all weekend for me. It kept driving me towards the center line every pass. I might have ben a little far right but I was on the verge of losing it. Oh well sh$t happens
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Floyd; thinking you did the right thing. If you have to lift, even for a heartbeat, the race is over. Even a time trial is bogus, so there is no rational reason to stay on the throttle. Call it a day, put it back in the box, and come back another day.

On the local scene, I may very well be losing my mind, or maybe becoming bipolar. Last week, I was seriously considering selling the whole race set-up. Working in the triple digit heat, having bad day after bad day at the track, and going home totally exhausted at the end of the day was starting to take a toll. BUT, after just one good day at the track, and I am thinking I can still do this.

I don't know, but maybe I'll take it one day at a time for awhile. I am only 68. I should have a few more years left, but sometimes, I can't see my way to the end of the day.

Right now, I am trying to figure out where I am going to raise the money for a new set of slicks. From what I've seen so far, it looks like about $1,000.00 for a set of slicks delivered, mounted and balanced. Not sure Peg has anything left that I can sell for that kind of money. Maybe, I can get her one of those "greeter" jobs at Walmart.

Anyway, I have about 30 minutes of putzing around the house to do, so I need to take a nap and get rested up before I start.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Awe, back home. I'm beat but had a good time. I forgot to collect my winnings. Not much but it all counts.

Hey Ken, I just got a new pair of MT's 29.5x10.5x15 from Summit for 442.00 delivered, no shipping, no tax, no special handling. You need to belong to the Pro Shop for the discount. That was the best deal I could find.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks up late gotta get after it, that it thing is mighty hard to catch somedays...................... Double Thumbs up....................................

Ya'll have a fine day............. Praying.......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning my friends.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I don't check in here as often as I should. Hope everyone is doing as well as they can be and enjoying life. Have a Great Day. Smile

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Another absolutely beautiful Cali day. They are saying it is going to be in the mid 80's today and then we start heating up again.

You all have a wonderful day and stay cool and safe. Hugs & Prayers all around.
hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Getting a little toasty up this way. But, it is July. I'd be more worried if it wasn't. I hope what everyone says about the tax refund after buying a house being big is true, because I'm doing central air if so. The window unit in the bedroom is awesome, and a lifesaver. The living room, where I have the only tv and my pc, is extremely uncomfortable this week.

Things went as well as can be expected with Aunt Honey's viewing and funeral. My cousin and aunt both gave great eulogies. My aunt said in hers she like this not to become a habit, as she also eulogized Aunt Pops. I feel the same way... I was a pallbearer for both. It was good to see almost all of the families, and my wish is for my nieces and nephews, and my cousins' kids, to have as good relationships with their aunts and uncles as we all did with ours.

You all have a great day.
Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening everyone, got a late start to the day this morning was trying to beat the heat but felled so I came in a little earlier than I normally do, but hey I needed some a/c and iced tea........................ Double Thumbs up.......................................

Chuck, I seem to get asked a lot to speak at my friends and families funerals, and sometimes it's a tough thing to do, but somewhere along the way I quess I said or did something that touched their hearts or a family member so I always say sure would be honored to say a few words, thanks to the good Lord above for the strength sometimes it is tough...........................................

Good to see everyone stop by today come on around anytime, Mouse,Bob and Susie, Seen where Floyd and Ken came by over the weekend good to hear from all ya'll, see ya'll tomorrow.............................................. Praying Wave......................................................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
I've got to make it a point to check in on my DRR family everyday.
I've gotten out of the habit, and that's not good.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, out to beat the heat again today, I hope, Mouse I miss the old crowd that used to be coming by everyday, maybe everyone will get to coming back around, love hearing from everyone and hearing how they are doing........................ hug...................................

Well I'm off to hauling some trees before the catch far it's hot out in them thar woods, ya'll have a safe and cool middle of the week day, or as our pal Guy like to say Happy Hump day............................ Wave..........................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Mike, I miss it also. Maybe we can get it going again.
Y'all have a good day.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Still a bit toasty up here, looks like it will break over the weekend, but might be some rain to bring the break in. I have to get back on the Olds and see what's going on. I don't know if I'll have it done for Saturday, but I'm sure going to try.

Mouse, how is your mom doing?

Mike, I'm with you guys, always like seeing the folks stopping in a spell. Keep hydrated out there playing with the logs.

Lots of birthdays today... my buddy Scotty Campbell, my buddy Nick Tedesco (Mia's cousin), and... our own Michelle Furr!! That calls for ice cream for sure! Big Grin

Ice Cream Ice Cream hug

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Going to start heating up again, they are saying 100's by this weekend. We are going over to Sonoma this weekend for the divisional to pit crew for our buddy Mark Simonian, so it will be cool over there. The National Event is next weekend, but not sure if we are going or not. I imagine we probably will, as we have been crewing for our buddy for the last 12 years and I see no reason to stop now.

Chuck good luck with getting the Olds running right. I sure will be glad when ours is put back together. Mike you stay cool and drink lots of water. Good to see you Mouse, hope all is well in your world.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE. Have a wonderful day.

You all take care and stay safe. Hugs & prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good night gang...thank you for the bday wishes, miss you all!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post