DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,gotta go gotta go got to Rodeo, well not really rodeo but to work but the rodeo part sounds cooler than gotta go log truck driving................ Double Thumbs up.......................

Ya'll have a very cool and fun day............................. Wave...............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It's Monday again.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again. Lost in my old Ram 1st round Saturday. Bad time trials, made for a bad elimination run. Last time I ran it, last month, I got on the brake too much, almost tripped the beam backwards and upside down. So I didn't go to the brakes, just cut my guy loose, and he freight trained, took a ton of stripe. I dropped 5mph just letting off the gas. I needed to drop another .05 of ET, to get the win in the double breakout. Hopefully, UPS gets my cam to Smitty today, and I can be back in my car soon.

Ken, good to see you stopping in, glad to hear the good report on your health. Be safe in the move and traveling, and good luck getting an interpreter.

Mouse, glad we're not seeing the S10 on Discovery channel's show. Big Grin Something happen that you swapped engines?

Mike, sorry to hear about the courts. I agree, for the most part, we have a legal system, not a justice system. Good to hear about your diabetes numbers. Stay hydrated out there.

Posted a pic on Bob's thread, of Nikki helping him on an engine when she was about 4. I'm not a dad, but I'm thinking that's one of those moments you live for. You all have a great day.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, another humid and thunderstorm kind of summer day here, the nights have been fairly pleasant so all is good in the weather dept........................................... Double Thumbs up.................................................

Hope ya'lls day is a goodern thinking of concreteman and all our other friends that have been MIA of late hope everyone is alright............................ Praying Wave................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all. Hot and humid here too, thank goodness for the AC at work, and in my bedroom. The humidity wears on, makes me tired.

Aunt Honey was moved to my Aunt Marita's house, with 24 hour hospioce care. We understand it won't be long now. I left work early yesterday to go over. My parents and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, all came and went. She's peaceful and we're told she is not in pain. It's just hard to watch someone slip away like that. All the more reason to not let the petty stuff get in between you and someone you're close to. Life is too short. You all have a great day.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll, Chuck you got it on the humidity making you tried, wow I don't feel like I even slept but did sleep 8hrs. last night 4hrs. without moving and that's great for me, but got up at 5am took a little walk and listened to the birds singing and had great thoughts of me and my Dad when we used to travel to the farmers mkt.together when I was young and always be up when the sun came up and hearing the birds singing.
Yesterday he would have been 80 years old and boy I sure miss that man he and I spent some good times together growing up and as most kids think he was my hero from the get go........................... Angel hug...........................................

Prayers sent out to your family Chuck, it is tough watching them fade away as I would watch my dad fade a little more each day my heart could only think with all the mistakes I made growing up I was always honest with dad and told him how I felt and how I was thinking things and we where best of friends, because good or bad you should never leave regrets on the table with family or friends and if something ain't right between you and a family member or friend sometimes theirs more damage done trying to fix it than they are just leaving it alone, that's how I see it, some don't see it that way but each one of us have to live and will be judged at the end by how we handle all the drama the family and friends throw at us and this judge is the most fair and honest judge that has ever been known to man and boys am I glad he's in charge.
Aunt Honey is headed for a better place and when the man upstairs gets ready he will take her home and we'll be sad but man what a better place she'll be in, we will be praying........................... Praying.....................................

Ya'll have a great day and old Mike will be back in the morning same place same time probably with the same opinion with life as today but you'll never know unless you tune in to Mini-Winnie Radio.com............................. Laughing bow I'm stupid Christmas...............................................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
God Bless you and your's Chuck. Glad she's comfortable and in no pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Chuck; Thinking of you and your Aunt Honey. It's good she has a lot of family that cares. Hope she is at peace.

Well, we finally got moved up here. Had a few "adventures", but nothing we couldn't handle. Nice park we are in. Very nice people. Also, first pass thru the local supermarket and WOW. Very nice store, but the shoppers are great. Young, slim, nice round "baby hinders". Gonna be a great place to shop.

So, survived the VA thingys, got moved, getting settled in, and feeling not so very bad. The heat is a bit much, but can't do much about that, except stay inside during the hot part of the day.

OK, gotta go. Lots of little chores to take care of.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!1

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll, another stormy day here in Cana trying for a 20 load week in the log yard don't like but 3 more maybe the storms will hold off till we gettem, anyways a good week even with the rain................... Double Thumbs up...................................

Hey Floyd and Ken............... Wave..................................

Thinking of you and your family Chuck...................... Praying................................

Ya'll have a great day see ya'll after while........................... Praying Wave.................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon folks, got late start to my Friday so getting in late, hope ya'll have a great weekend.................... Double Thumbs up Wave........................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Folks, seems I remember racing on Saturdays but now all I do is mow,mow,mow......................... Hum help........................

Ya'll have a great day................. Double Thumbs up............................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Gonna be another warm one today. Buddy don't like this weather. I won't take him out if I have to stop somewhere. I'd have to leave the motor runnin and the AC on and he might decide it is time for him to learn how to drive.
Fell asleep last nite and left the misters on the patio on. At least it's nice and cool out there.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning, stormy and humid here in Cana so a/c don't fail me now................ help Double Thumbs up........................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yep, summer is here. Gotta turn the misters on to keep the patio semi cool.

25 yrs ago today I lost my Dad. Damn it don't seem that long. He would of been 100.
Me and Buddy are goin to cool it and reflect back.
Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, really sad to hear about the 19 fireman killed in AZ. in the wildfires prayers sent to their families and friends......................... Praying...............................

Going to get out and see what this day has to offer right now it's misting rain just enough to keep me from starting any projects...................... help............ya'll have a fine day............................... Double Thumbs up..........................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
One of our DRR pals, Chucko, lost everything in the fire. Very sad day for all.
Praying to Chucko and Ninabill.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again. Green side of the grass, so it's all good. Been enough rain, I could go for some days without it. Especially now that I'm hopefully going to be back in my ride. I picked up the engine Friday, and the thrash starts tonight after work. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will run.

Thank you all for the kind words. Aunt Honey is hanging on. We're told she is not in any pain, and being kept comfortable. It has given my cousins a lot of time to come and say their good byes. My parents and aunts and uncles have all stayed close. We've passed around some great pics, lots of memories, that also have aunts and uncles who passed away in them. Good stuff.

Mike, I'm going to think of you and your dad now when I get up... lots and lots of birds around my house, and some like to perch on the back porch and in the bushes. I hear them as soon as I wake up every day.

Ken, glad to hear things are going well, and you're settling in. Having a good place to shop is important. Big Grin

Floyd, I hope you stayed cool, and had some good memories to reflect on. Very sorry to hear of your friends loss.

Thoughts and prayers going out to the 19 firefighters in Arizona who lost their lives battling the blazes, and to their fellow firemen and women everywhere.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. So sorry to hear about Aunt Honey, but glad she isn't suffering & that everyone is getting to say their goodbyes. The deaths of the fireman in Arizona was very sad to hear and saying lots of prayers for their families. Wow Floyd that is horrible news about Chucko. Thank god they are safe.

It is so hot here right now, it is down right miserable. Saturday was 103, yesterday was 106 and today is supposed to be 105. We aren't supposed to get out of the 100s until at least Friday. Unlike our house in Tennessee, the house we live in here doesn't have central air, just a portable air conditioner that vents out the window and it isn't working too well in this heat. I'm thinking of bringing my air mattress to my office & sleeping down here until it gets out of the 100s.

Well you all have a wonderful day and stay cool & safe.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll, lots of rain here some flooding around our area...................

So sad about the fireman that was killed in the fire in Az. read this morning in a local paper that one of the guys was from our area of the country and had moved out their to help set up this elite crew, God Bless all these folks families and friends prayers sent their way........................ Praying........................................................

Still praying for your family Chuck, glad Aunt Honey is resting and everyone is saying their goodbyes, and hope you get your ride back together and the rain holds off so you can try it out..................... Praying.................................

Hey Susie stay cool that's a dangerous temp prayers sent out your way.................................. Praying..........................

Ya'll all have a fine day me I'm inside for the day as long as it's raining I got and excuse........................... Double Thumbs up..............................and it sure is raining.....................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rain is around here too, some flooding south of me an hour or so. I wish we could send this rain out west to help put out the fires, and cool things down.

Susie, I feel for you in that heat. I'd melt. My little window AC unit wouldn't be able to keep up with that kind of heat either. I wouldn't blame you if did the air mattress in the office. I'm heading to my basement if we get that hot. It's 20 degrees cooler down there.

Mike, get that rain chased out of there by next Thursday, if you would please. Not sure what time we pull in to Bristol with the Alabama stacker, but I'm hoping it's dry and I can get my hits in. Wiring is all done for the new Meziere water pump, power window motor fixed, wiring for the fan and MSD fixed, thanks to my buddy MattO. Had to stop at Advance after work, and get a bunch of stuff and order some stuff, and then it was finding my parts in the garage. Fuel pump went on! Woo hoo! Big Grin

Thanks again for the kind words and prayers. My Aunt Helen, who fell and had to have her hip replaced 2 weeks ago while in NC, was moved to a rehab facility last week. It wouldn't surprise me if somehow Aunt Honey is holding on until Aunt Helen can come home, but that is probably at least a week away.

You all stay cool and dry out there!