DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang, Hey Susie, hope you're well, and it is some krazy(with a K)weather right now, when I leave the camper in the morning not sure what to wear it's chilly and when I come in, in the evenings I need the a/c on, but it's all good could be getting that May snow storm some are getting................... help.................................

And prayers still being sent for Josie and family, thanks Chuck for keeping us updated, and baby Olive had a great day yesterday along with Mom(my niece Lakin)and there's a possibility they could come home by the weekend,so thank for the prayers............... Praying hug....................................

And on a side note on baby Olive, they're having a hard time finding her a bottle that she likes, because the first few days with a feeding tube in her navel she got used to that and now shes having a tough time with the nipple of a normal bottle because shes so tiny all the bottles are so big she weighs a womping 5lbs. so shes trying, the thing that gets my Mom is she so tiny and my Moms first name is Tiny Juanita Hawks she always wished that one of her children would name one of the babies after her, and they hadn't up to this point, so I'm thinking they missed their chance for sure this time............... Hum No No..........................................

Ok, ya'll have a great day and prayers all around.............................. Praying Double Thumbs up.............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Realllllly wishing I could play some hooky! Sunny and mid 70s for the next 3-4 days here.

Susie, thank you for the prayers for Josie and her family. They are good people. Almost have the garage empty. Need to move the '69 Cutlass S project/parts car, tool boxes, and rest of the parts. I think I made a good choice with the house. I hope you get some breathing room with tax season ending.

Allen, saw the pic on FB, with a little bug leaning her head on your shoulder, great stuff.

Hi Mike! Wave Thanks for the prayers. Good to hear about Olive having a good day. Home is good medicine too. 5lbs... wow. I know times are different, but my older brother was a month premature, which back in '65 was a lot. We're all tall, but he's 6'7". I hope Olive grows tall and strong too. Tiny Olive does have a good ring to it!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 339 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
WAO

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! This string of beautiful days continues. Weather looks great for first day of points on Saturday. Friends of mine have offered me a ride to use, which I greatly appreciate.

WAO, she sure is a cutie. Great stuff.

Mouse, good to see you popping in. How is mom?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone, got up late yesterday and had to get to the log yard had a load of logs loaded and ready to roll, first day I missed turning on the puter in awhile,hum this work thing may be getting in the way of my messing around time, Hum............going to have to work on this problem............ Tongue..................................

Well ya'll have at it and have a great day.................. Praying Double Thumbs up.......................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon All;

Been out of touch. Sitting at a McDonald's using their wifi.

Well, the car is back together and ready to go. Have a T-n-T tonight, and if all goes well, a race tomorrow.

It took me awhile to get it together. Had to do just about everything wrong the first time, but got it figured out and it sounds good. Gonna find out tonight.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!1

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! First day of points, it will be good to be at the track and see the racing family. Hot dogs will go on the grill, lots of jokes and cutting up, and even some racing. You all have a great weekend!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Again;

Well, made two passes with the car last night. Didn't go as well as I had hoped, but the engine ran strong and hard, so thinking I got it right for a change.

As far as the other "issues", It was all Ol' what's her name's fault. She didn't provide proper adult supervision, and left to my own resources, I screwed it up royally.

But the engine is good, so I am happy.

Ya'll All Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Monday morning folks, well raining again here in Cana, but I ain't complaining, cause when it gets done raining we'll be dry again, Hum Wink Tongue................and all will be good again and we can talk about how dry it is, so it's a wonderful day here to be alive, wet but alive............... Double Thumbs up.........................................

Baby Olive(sounds funny huh)is coming home this afternoon and hopefully we'll finally get to meet her, Moms real excited and after I get her home from Cancer Dr.app. she'll be ready to hold the newest member of our family............ hug.......................................

Prayers all around and I hope ya'lls day is a goodern..................... Praying Wave.................................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good Morning gang...lots to catch up on, babies are the best, awesome pic Allen, hi SUsie, Floyd, Ken, guess you are getting settled in now Chuck, yes as in Burkett..I just love her, thoughts & prayers always... wishing you all a fun day!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Sittin here checkin things on the puter and Buddy comes runnin in from bein outside doin his business. Either it's rainin or he has real bad aim, his back is wet. I don't think I'll go and check. I'll find out soon enough, I've got jury duty today.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
.... boring....

here we go again!...hope all yall have a great week!..
thanks chuck , michelle ,..mornin mike , mouse , mr.ken , and all!

i goin out there and try and be somebody!..ya'll do what you want! Sleep...
mornin susie Wink.. tell mark hello! Wave

hang 'em high mr.floyd!... Busted...lol,,,

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 339 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! We had a beauty of a weekend here, just about perfect weather. Got the parts car, tools, and a bunch of stuff moved out of the garage, down to the last little bit of stuff now. Thanks to my friends, the Vasbinders, for loaning me their '85 Mustang. I was able to go 4 rounds in it Saturday, before taking .014 too much.

Ken, good to hear the engine ran strong. I hope you got some racing in over the weekend.

Mike, good to hear about Olive. I hope she is real good medicine for mom too.

Michelle, were you in Atlanta? Have only been on FB to get updates on Josie. What's next?

Floyd, might want to watch where you pet Buddy too then. Big Grin

WAO, did you go racing yet??

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all!
My jury duty lasted all of one hour. Case settled. That concludes my service for a year.
Angel Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening All;

Back home at last. Been one Hell of a week.

Worked on getting the car ready Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning. I thought I pretty much had it right.

Did two T-n-T passes on Friday. Car ran good, but track was a bit greasy, and I ran out of gas on the second pass. So busy checking all the other stuff, plumb forgot the little things.

Anyway, tried racing on Saturday. New to foot braking, but it went well. Of ten passes, leaving off idle (because it worked for me that way) all my RTs were .05 to .06. That needs to get better, but I have a plan.

In eliminatons, I went three rounds. First two were gifts. One red light, one grenaded tranny at launch. Third round, I had it in the bag, but managed to pull defeat from certain victory at the very last chance. I went around him just after the 1000' mark, and went brain dead. Drove all the way to the strip. Broke out 9.60 on a 9.67. Car runs great, driver needs a bit of work.

Today, had my cystoscopy. Found a very small tumor in the bladder, so going back to that routine next week. I have to drive Peg to see her Brother and Sister in New Mexico this Friday. Then I need to be back in San Antonio on Tuesday and Wednesday for more tests, and leave again for New Mexico on Wednesday Afternoon. Then back to San Antonio on Saturday. 2400 miles total for two round trips. Then our certified redheaded Daughter is in town for a week, off a week, and our mean ass baby Daughter and Grandaughter come for a week. And during all this, I have 3 or 4 trips to the VA. Gonna be an interesting few weeks. If I survive all that, I feel confident that neither cancer, nor chemo have a chance against me.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Floyd you da man, doing your duty I've always dreaded having to be called for jury duty................ Frown.....................

Ken sorry about the tumor but with your attitude you'll be fine and give her a little more stall and them 05 and 06s will be 01s and 02s, have fun.................... Double Thumbs up...............................

Moms cancer Dr. app. went good yesterday and they said everything is still there but not growing and she even eating better so alls good there, but when we got home she begin hurting in her bladder and she had another bladder infection, she wouldn't going to say anything but I could tell she didn't feel good, so she got another round of anti-biotics to take so prayers needed for Mom............. Praying...........................................

And we got to meet Baby Olive yesterday evening,she is tiny only 5 lbs and a few ounces, but she is beautiful, her big sister calls her Baby Oz, Madoria (sp) wrong, I call her Dora, shes a beautiful little black haired two yr. old that has my heart in her hands.......... hug..............................................but they are all ok and real good meds. for Mom, dead on with an egg Chuck..................... Double Thumbs up........................................

Well ya'll have a great day and prayers all around....................... Praying Wave........................................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
These rainy days are getting depressing =(
We were in Atlanta Chuck, 2 really good qual passes in each car then the rain came and came and came lol...we go back one time shot and go racing on Friday, finish on Sat...thinking Mothers Day wknd would be a good time to double up =)
kids are taking SOL's at school...studying time. Never been called for jury duty or knew anyone who was locally, you made need to give Buddy a little instruction Floyd lol
have an awesome day gang...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Kinda cloudy this AM... mixed bag of weather this week, it looks like.

Floyd, civic duty fulfilled! Big Grin I've never had to report... the few times I've gotten the notice, I haven't been required to report... one of the occasional benefits of having a last name that starts with T.

Ken, I've run out of gas during a pass too. Thankfully it was a time trial. I saw your thread on footin'. I say up the rpm and see how that goes. Prestage at 1500 and then bump in. I hope the tumor is easily treatable, and doesn't beat you up too much. I also hope the driving and family don't beat you up too much.

Mike, prayers for mom. Glad to hear no cancer growth. Glad to hear about Olive too.

Michelle, that will be a quick weekend. I saw NHRA is finishing the race Saturday, wondered how they were shoehorning you in. You'll be in race mode for sure!