DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Well, some boomers rolled through yesterday and last night, first thing I did was go downstairs to see if I had water. Happily, I do not, all dry so far. Supposed to get some more today. Now I have to get the cars and tools home, and I can start organizing.

Good luck to Mark at the Fling, Susie, and have a lot of fun!

Michelle, I have 1 tree, and I'm noticing a lot of twigs and branches. But, that should be all winter's accumulation. Hopefully won't be that bad everytime I have to cut the grass. Not looking forward to that part of home ownership.

Hey Tee, good to see you, you been laying low.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon All;

Been out of touch for awhile. The perils of low cost internet. Not so good on the road.

Had some bad reactions to the chemo this time. Funny thing, it didn't happen until the last day of the pills, but lasted for a week afterwards. Docs got me some pills to fix all that, and feeling pretty good now.

We have been chasing storms across Texas, Arkansas, and now Tenn. Getting places just after the storms went through. Sitting here just East of Memphis. Hopefully the storms will go away and we can enjoy our stay in Crossville.

Chuck; Know where you are coming from about "stuff". When I was a single parent, everything I owned fit into the trunk of a 69 pontiac. (good size trunk). Of course, I needed a 16 foot trailer to haul my Daughter's stuff, but then I met Ol' what's her name, and she took less than one year to "domesticate" me. Life is an adventure.

Later

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll, had a lot of rain here last night and this morning, no log hauling today, Frown sure hurts load count pay, but it's all good ....................... Double Thumbs up...........................

Ken, sorry for the bad reaction to the meds. sure hope you get stronger fast and feel better................ Praying.................................

Well I'm off to Wally World to pick up meds. and then do what I do best anymore, that is if someone don't call for something they mite need you never know when the ph. starts ringing,it could be serious or something that could not be worth answering the ph. for, like would you like to buy some insurance on your internet connection, No I'm good to go............. Big Grin Wave..............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Cooling off here for a few days, with the rain moving through. Hope it doesn't make things too messy, I would like to move the Cutlass home.

Ken, sorry to hear about the adverse reactions to the chemo. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Gotta love those old car big trunks. I actually fit in my trunk, even with the roll bars.

Mike, have a good day relaxing. Big Grin

You all have a great weekend!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon All;

Yep, I am feeling pretty good. Have just a bit of residuals left, but I feel great.

We are here in Crossville, Tn. Seems to be a nice place. The Condo we rented for the week is great. We ain't gonna wanna leave here next Friday.

Strange day today. Got up and started over to the hotel lobby, and don't ya know, there are two Volvo semi tractors doing it right there in the parking lot. The white one had mounted the blue one, and right there in front of God and everyone, right in the parking lot. Now, I am thinking that being Volvos, they are Swedish, and everyone knows those Swedes are a bit liberal with those kind of things, but right there in the parking lot? And anyway, we already got enough pick-up trucks, we certainly don't need any more, so they shouldn't be doing that.

THEN, we are just about through Nashville, when I see this UFO, right there over the highway. Big blue thing. Sorta shaped like a blimp, but it didn't have no "Goodyear" writen on it, so I know it was some kind of UFO. And it did have strange alien writing on it. Funny, if you looked at it from a certain angle, it looked like American writing. Almost looked like it said "DirectTV", but I don't think aliens know anything about television, so that was probably just a coincedence of something strange. Those aliens can be real tricky, so you be watching for them where you live.

Well, gonna make me a salmi sandwich, get some tater salad, and watch some TV.

Later

Ya'll All Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Ken, it's either the water in TN or you got some good meds. Double Thumbs up

Buddy and I went over to the race shop yesterday just to bs and hang out for a bit. Jim was working on a carberator for this purty little '69 camaro he had in the shop. It is orange and has this funny stripe goin down the side that say's Yenko. I looked under the hood and there sits a 427 that has these Yenko stickers on it and even has Yenko cast on the aluminum block. Come to find out the car is a clone but the motor is the real deal. Very nice ride.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Floyd, hope you and Buddy have a great sat. and I like them old yenko 69's they are some cool cars, even the clones, I also like the nova yenkos.............. Thumbs up........................

Pretty sat. here in Cana thought about going to the track somewhere, but got a lot to do here around the house, so who knows................... Double Thumbs up..........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, this one was nice enough to bring 130k at BJ a couple of years ago. The current owner paid 60 for it.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
hey all yall!... Wave
man is it starting to get hot or what?....looks like summer is here...all is well here and just makin' it through another day!..think i'm gonna take a nap in the a/c for a bit...
hope i dont have dreams of racing stickers!..anyway.. i have some other projects needing my attention so i really need to be spending a little less time on a race car.
it's 'bout done anyways!...yall be blessed and talk soon!... Wink

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hey Gang, fun wknd, took the kids to the Creek to let them test Jr's Friday nite, loaded some videos on facebook. Adiayn did a great job, Madi is an ol pro now. Weather was awesome this wknd...short week getting rdy for some zMax later this week.

prayers & thoughts all around..

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll, got some rain here this morning, and looks to be wet all day not much else to do but take a rainy day nap............. Sleep Double Thumbs up..............................

Ya'll have a great day and well see ya'll tomorrow or atleast we hope so............................ Wave....................................

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
it did that over nite here mike!.... clearing up real nice tho.....hope everyone has a great week!.... i'm starting to get more and more motorcyle work.... have one goin' out mid-week and another coming in mi-day today....thats dangerous!....with the long car in the same bldg.(next bay)...lol...i keep finding myself gravitating over there and tinkering!... Banging Head....yall keep a happy thought!... Wavesusie!.. Wink

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again. Spring is here, though, pretty nice. Might be spots of rain this week, but warm enough. Only bad thing is, I noticed the grass is starting to green up and grow already. I don't even have the cars moved in yet!

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Mornin Y'all!
Ken, it's either the water in TN or you got some good meds. Double Thumbs up

Good timing, Floyd, literally laughed out loud! Big Grin Wish I had been around when Yenko was. I was just learning about cars and all, even his '81 turbo Camaros, when I was 14. Of all the dealer cars, I think his were the sharpest. They were only 30 minutes from downtown here too.

Ken, I hope you and Peg are having a great time in the condo. Just mind your meds. Big Grin

Allen, great to see the car done up. Go racing!! Big Grin

Michelle, I didn't get a chance to see the vids. How did they run?

Congrats to the boss, Scott Lemen, on his $10k win at the Spring Fling in Vegas! I hope Susie and Mark had fun. I only got to watch it for a little Thursday night.

Nicole and Scott.. Cards at Bucs for 3! Huge win for the Bucs yesterday, coming back from 5-0 after 6!

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
they did great Chuck, Adiayn went his fastest 10.50 @ 56 mph and Madi went 8.70 @ 67 mph...both did a grt job staging and leaving

Allen car is looking great!

sorry about the meds Ken..

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I can't figure out how to get video posted here =(

FurrRacing.com

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
thats a pain for me to.....try right click on the site url..copy it..then click on the URL...(the 3rd. box above)...paste in there...like you do a pic. ..then o.k....then post.

https://www.facebook.com/photo...19922&type=2&theater

like that!

hope everyone has a great day!...

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll, kinda nasty here this morning weather says 80's today and for the next couple of days,but this morning ain't looking the best, but well find something to do with this day even if takes sitting in the recliner with Tipsey(our pup)she was telling me lastnight that she has been missing our sitting and napping time, we can't be having that now can we............. Wink Laughing .............................................

And btw Allen your car looks great, we could be team cars the 86 corvette I bought for Manny a little while back, we had Chad at Copperhead Graf. put checker-board all on the back of the car, I think that's a cool look, always loved the checkered flag look........ Double Thumbs up..........................................

Ok hope ya'lls day is a great one and that the sun shines wherever you maybe..................... Praying Wave.......................

And a special prayer out to the folks in Boston.......................... Praying....................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Kinda cloudy, was raining lightly earlier. All I want to do is sleep! I want a lazy, sleep in, go get breakfast, come back and take a nap kind of day! Big Grin This grown up stuff sux sometimes!

Michelle, that is great! I'll post the pic tonight, as long as I don't conk out. It's a laundry night in Pittsburgh. Big Grin

I just don't get what motivates people to maim and kill. How does that prove a point for whatever cause you have? And then for an 8 year boy to be killed, as he waited to take pictures of his dad crossing the finish line... just not right, not fair. I'll go back to Mr. Rogers theory, and look for the helpers. There sure were many of them.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everybody. Well we made it back from the Spring Fling in one piece. We had a great time, but boy am I exhausted. Mark made it to the money round two out of the 4 days. That was an amazing fete since Mark was racing in a category he doesn't race in and in a car that he had only raced once before.

Hey Chuck, I went and introduced myself to Jared and he is a real hoot. One of the best announcers I have ever heard and a really nice guy. He had nothing but nice things to say about you.

Well I have to get to work and make some money, so I will write more later.

You all have a great day.

Wave Hey Allen.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
hey! Wave