DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Chuck moving gives me nightmares,I reckon that's why I love living in a camper,ain't got to worry about moving you just take all your stuff with you when you move the camper, Hum Wink......................................

I would like to have a living quarters trailer that way I could just live up front and have my garage right there with me,now to me that would be cool............... Double Thumbs up...............................

But that's why it is good that we all ain't a like they would only be one way things get done and to ,me that would be boring boring..........................................

Good luck with all the moving and happy happy home ownership day to you my friend.......................... Big Grin...............................

Prayers out to all on this sunday morning and I hope it's a good day for all ya'll................. Praying hug Double Thumbs up...............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening All;

Mike; I totally agree. And, I get to sleep in my own bed no matter where I am.

When we first started RVing, I had every intention of buying a Renegade 40' motorhome, and a 35' stacker trailer. After I thought about it for awhile, I realized it would be difficult finding RV parks with 75 foot sites AND, have drive ways I could get a low slung 35' race trailer in and out without dragging the bottom off......OH, and the fact that the $6.73 I had in my jeans at the time would not cover the gas for the test drive, much less the down payment. So, I didn't.

I am hoppin everyone is doing well. I certainly am. Funny, how I tend to take things for granted. I have been feeling good for a couple weeks now, and I almost forgot how much discomfort I was in. There is a lot to be said for feeling good. Think I will do it again tomorrow.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Ken you are so right about feeling good and the attuide it gives you,I've got to work on my attuide some it's been a hard winter on my old worn out legs, but for a 106 yr.old man I'm good, that's what the dr. tells me about my bones and the aching that sometimes keeps me down, with the bone issues I have my bones are double my age so all in all doing pretty good....................... Double Thumbs up..........................................

Well Mannys out of school today we had alittle snow and ice overnight mostly on the mt. but the school system that he goes to covers on top of mt.and below the mt. so sometimes the suns a shining down here in the valley of Cana,and the ground is covered on top of the mt. Funny thing is to some folks down south of us say we live on the mt. Hum..........well wherever we are Mannys out of school for today,happy happy Double Thumbs up................................................

Well hope ya'lls day is a goodern see ya'll later................... Praying Wave.........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
We is havin chamber of commerce weather out here in SoCal. If it had only been like this a couple of weeks ago we wouldn't have been coolin our heals in the motor home watchin the rain through the windows at the March Meet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But at least we had a place to be. Y'all have a gooden. hug to all the ladies.
Praying Angel hug
Oh, that buddy of mines wife had her surgery and seems to be doing okay considering it was 10 hours long. She's going to have a lot of pain for a while but it looks good so far.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It's official, I am now a homeowner. Did the walk through yesterday, got all the keys. Took a load of stuff over to put into the garage. A dear friend of mine sent me a card, so I could have my first piece of mail at the new house. I have some work to do, just in packing and moving, but also in some of the cosmetics at the house. I am excited though, to have my own piece of land.

Came out of the house to 3 inches of snow this morning, the wet stuff that sticks to everything. It is pretty, but I'm ready for it to be over. It's still coming down good. I can't see across the river.

I got the rest of the 455 dismantled just about. 1 piston came so far out, the oil ring needs compressed so I can knock it out of the top of the bore. Got the crank out, all 3 pieces of it. 1 of the #3 main studs came out with a chucnk of block, as did both #4 main studs, and 1 of the rear main studs. HUGE crack in cylinders 3, 5, and 7. I broke it good.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Chuck, clean it up good, put a glass top over it and you got a coffee table. LOL!

I am 25933 days old.
Which is 3704 weeks and 5 days.
That's 71 years and 0 days, including 18 leap years*,
or 71 years, 0 weeks and 0 days.
How bout that for statstics?

Praying Angel hug Double Thumbs up

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well Floyd........er, I mean Mr. Staggs. Wow, I didn't know people got THAT old. But you did a good job getting there. Congratulations. Of the two options, growing old is the better.

Hope you have many more, and continue to race.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang...happy Birthday Floyd, love & hugz coming your way hug so happy for you Chuck, you are going to have so much fun with your hew home, really like the way it looks you'll have fun making it your own!! Kids were out of school yesterday, they love snow days, saw Croods last night & had pizza, fun stuff! you guys should all see the movie, it was hillarious! Hi Susie, Ken, Allen & the gang hope you all have a grt day, prayers all around!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Got the last piston out last night... had to cut the rod bolt, and the last piece of the cam. 3 piece crank, 3 piece cam, couple more pieces of the block came out. I am thinking sandblast to bare metal and make a table out of it.

Floyd, happy birthday! I hope you have a great day!

Michelle, I sat in there Sunday, and couldn't believe how blessed I am. I'm about 30 minutes from the track, so I'm looking forward to hosting some friends when we have 2 races in a weekend.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
PrayingGood morning everyone. Congratulations on the new house Chuck. Happy Happy Birthday Floyd, I hope you have a wonderful day. Hi Michelle hope you are doing well. Hi Mike & Ken and everyone else.

Really getting excited about the Spring Fling in Vegas in a couple of weeks. We will be sharing a car with our good friend Mark Somonian. Hopefully we will be able to win some money to help us put the Olds back together.

Well I'm busy busy, so you all have a great day.
Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Y'all!
I am having a wonderfull day on this side of the grass. Another personal best.

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
morning friends!...congrats chuckster!..on your very own piece of the planet...happy b-day (late)mr.staggs! keep pushin' sir!...i popped in to say hey Wavemike,michelle,ken,mouse,and all else peepin'..
things are half-way well here and i'm getting just enough-just in time!..
i'm holdin' on to the dream of going to the stripe some day too. 1st things 1st though... i'll get there.
some may get the idea i'm a patient guy....and i've seen it mentioned....ummm, not hardly... but a budget racecar build will either make you learn it or put barrel in your mouth..not for the weak at heart...lol....just imagine if the last time down the track nov.of '10...omg!lol
anyway i think i'll head down to ceday key fl.today and work on a bank for a bit...
soooo.i'm still sober this morning and Gods running it ...my task for the day is to try and stay out of His way!....ya'll be blessed and keep a happy thought!...111

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
got ya susie!....love ya!, tell mark hey! Wink

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,kinda of a rough start of the week here with a little snow and winds and another head cold,so glad to just be this morning cause If I had to be somewhere it would be, well just Happy Happy to be.................. Confused..................................

Hope ya'lls day is good see you all around.............................. Praying Double Thumbs up...................................................
Another good quack marathon tonight,I hope I can hear by then................... Thumbs up...............................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day, in the words of our dear friend Guy. His birthday was this past Saturday. That's all I got to say about that.

Thanks all for the congrats on the house. I am excited to move in, and not worry about putting a nail in the wall to hang a picture.

Susie, I hope you have a great time at the Fling. If Jared Pennington is out there, you have to meet him. One of the best guys around.

Floyd, I hope you celebrated well. Congrats on another personal best. Big Grin

Good to see you Allen. I think it's awesome you're staying on budget. I hope it all goes together well for you, and you're back on the track soon. If you wouldn't mind, send some warmth up north.

Mike, get you a diablo sammich and a diet Dr Pepper. Big Grin
Or anything spicy, to chase that cold away.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening All;

Well, sounds like everyone is doing OK. That's good. Things here are good. Been getting a lot of small tasks done around the house. Now I have to start with the paint and trim on the shed. That will be a full days work, and the way I work, make that two, maybe three days.

So, I've been logging on to facebook for a couple months now, but today, I logged off, and I think for good. There is just too much drama, politics, agendas, "likes", and self rightous people on there. This is not a facebook problem, just a me problem. Facebook is what it is, just not for me. Damn, and just when I get unlimited data, and could afford to surf on there, I get tapioca. Oh well.

Anyway,

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Ken I'm with you on the FB thing, I lasted about the same amount of time you did, way to much drama on that site for me,so I'm glad to have my friends here on the Drr GM thread,not all that kings and queens of drama here, or atleast I hope it never gets that way.................. Hum No No Wink................................

Suns a shining this morning and I'm ready to get after it I'm trying my best to get out and sweat this cold out and do what I do best, not much but enough to keep the wolves from the door......................... Double Thumbs up................................

Well hope ya'lls day is good and hope ya'll are Duck Dynasty Happy Happy................... Wave Double Thumbs up...................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
well ,it's good thursday!...
i'm blessed today with life,health,and strength!..
good to see you feeling great mr.Ken..and i hear ya on the fb thing...i keep a close eye on my account cause i'm like you...i aint gonna tolerate the riff-raff and drama....my page is family,reputable friends,and racers only....before i accept any friend requests i send a message and make it clear that i wont put up with hate and discontent....my son thinks he is a thug and was an fb friend for about 30 secs....then he wanted to try me and ....well...i layed hands on him he was healed!!
guess the old man fooled him.

wish you was closer chuck...i would hook you up with int./ext. paint ...i got tons of stock piled up.

glad you had some mannie time micheal!..

mornin' michelle,mouse,mr.Floyd,and who-ever all else....

i gotta run all over the county today and get payed up for the month and cut out to panama city beach....i get to see alaina bug this weekend!..been awhile!....britneys man is settled in now with his new office and is on his way practicing his dentist gig.
so i get to sit in a chair all day 2maro and continue my cosmetic process.,then spend sat am looking for my golf-balls...
i guess my long ,pointy racin' car gets to sit un-touched.....

any ways...ya'll have yerselves a great day i'm gonna get out there and be somebody!..aint nothin' to it ...a baby can do it!....be blessed and keep a happy thought guys/gals!

ummm...oh!...mornin' susie Wink...111

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday, spending tomorrow cleaning and packing.

Ken, I hear you on the FB thing. Just like this forum, I take the bad along with the good. It's disappointing to see the hate and nastiness and drama. Life is too short for that. It is a good way to keep in touch, and up to date. My older brother is in CA, and my youngest sister is in SC, plus my friends I meet through traveling to races, and local friends who post up pics of new babies and cute kid stuff, they make it worth it. Don't mean to sound like I'm on a soapbox... just wanting to say that for me, the positives outweigh the negative.

Mike, I hope you get rid of that cold quick. You know our friend Guy would say get you some Los Dos Mexican food! Smile

WAO, I'd take it too! Not sure what will get painted what color yet, but just nice that it's all my choice now. Glad to hear the family is doing well, and you get to Alaina this weekend.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,looking like a good easter weekend except for sunday says big chance of rain here, but as Manny says Dad you just never know Double Thumbs up................................

And Chuck I agree FB was fun, and I got to speak to people I hadn't seen in years, but it's funny I had more drama with folks I know and neighbors than any of the folks I hadn't seen in a while, I quess the folks you see more often just want to be in your business more than the ones you don't see, and family picking through every word, well that's another day all together................ No No..................but all is good in the Drr GM world or atleast it seems to be................. Double Thumbs up..............................................

Well have a great day and well try and see ya'll tomorrow.................... Praying Wave.....................................