DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike missed you at the farms flea the other day. Still eatin taters but will want more this fall. Good luck today looks like I'll take a ride down to Pageland and watch.....car is in pieces. Later

Posts: 6225 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone,Fern went to the Farm and it came a sprinkle at 8 or 8:30 and after a little while they called the race we was finishing 3rd.they was about 8 cars left,and then it did'nt rain nomore,they said it was just to wet to finish,I don't know so I ain't going to fuss but it seemed we could have atleast finished the rd.but ofcouse I'm in the slow Vette so I can't get it to spin at the car wash LOL....................... Laughing .........................

Anyway had alot of fun and got to rest up and me and Manny rode around on the four-wheeler and visited with a few folks and had a few laughs,but for such a beautiful and long day to end kinda weird was not what I wanted,but they had a big car count,I came on home because they said bigger chance of rain today all day,so what the heck got bunches of taters planted Fern so we'll have fall taters for sure,and did'nt make the Flea mkt.last week just had alot going on around home................. Smile...................................

We'll hope everyone has a great day and that everyone gets a good day of rest,have a gooden ....................... Double Thumbs up...................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning drr,I believe this going to be a WOOOOOOHOOOOO day................................. Double Thumbs up.............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again. I'm really starting to jones to go racing. Nothing I can do til I get parts back though. Supposed to close this Friday, still waiting final approval of the loan. I'm hoping to be all moved before the pieces come back, so I can be in my new garage.

Fern, you any more together on your Olds than I am on mine? Wish I could have gone to Michael and Anthony's race, but even if the car was together, funds are a little tight with buying the house. You can bet I'm planning on the WFC though!

Hi Mike! Wave Were you still in when they called it? That's always frustrating, to have the nice weather come out after the race gets called.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hoping everyone is doing well. Things here are just peachy. Leg pain is gone, and the ribs are almost gone. I think contrary to medical advice, instesd of laying around resting, get out and get things done. Ribs have been getting better and better each day I am out putzing in the yard and shed.

Going up to San Antonio this afternoon. First thing in the morning, gonna see if I remember how to put the engine back together. Peg ain't so sure, so she is coming with to supervise.

So, it's car on Tuesday, the VA on Wednesday, and if Ol' what's her name feels I did good on the car, gonna make a few T-n-T passes on Wednesday evening.

Think I am going to try true foot brake. Tried "No-Box", but leaving with the tranny brake, I am always bright red. Can't seem to slow it down enough. Maybe leaving at a lower rpm will help. I do need to get better, one way or the nother.

Later

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck yea I was still in the 3rd. rd. lacked about 9 cars finishing the rd.(and I was one of those 9)thats what was kinda aggrivating about not finishing the rd. they just split the purse up and said we're done,oh well race to the split ,I quess Hum Thumbs up......................................

Ken,hope all goes as planned sounds like old whats her name has got it all worked out for you......................... Double Thumbs up..........................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,sure wish this wind would lay down a little to windy to work in scrap metal Eyescuts are bound to happen when it's this bad.............. No No....................
Maybe by the end of the week it'll straighten up................ Double Thumbs up...............................

Well prayers all around and hope ya'lls day is a good one........................ Praying Wave............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! March comes in like a lion they say, but this March, winter is just lyin' around. It won't budge. We're in the 30s all week. I'm ready for a change, that's for sure.

Ken, glad to hear the pain is about gone. I hope the engine goes back together nice and easy, and runs great. Just roll in enough to barely turn on the stage bulb, and try looking at the bottom part of the bottom bulb. That might help you out a little bit, along with dropping the rpm.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,hey Mouse hope all is well in the OK state,off to the heart Dr.this morning with Mom and then back to the house for our Duck Dynasty marathon till the two new ones come on tonight.............. Double Thumbs up...............................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
morning gang...happy, happy, happy Spring Big Grin

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! I know the calendar says spring, but the weather has to catch up to the calendar. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Mike, I hope everything goes well with the heart doc.

Good to see you, Mouse. Racing in OK yet?

What's next for you, Michelle? You coming up here first weekend in June?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. I'm busy busy busy so you all have a great day.

Hugs & prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Chuck, our season at Tulsa starts next weekend.
I was going to put the new engine I built in it before the season started, but I've changed my mind. We have a couple if weekends off after our first one, so maybe then.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,another cool and windy march day here in the edge of the Blue Ridge Mt.so not alot to do but cool it while the wind blows,and then the rain is coming for the weekend,so another excuse to sit by the fire and wait for spring to spring into action............. Hum Tongue.............................

Mouse hope all goes as planned and you get to do some racing this season,hows the knee doing,sure hope it's ok.............. Thumbs up.......................................

Ken hope you're getting to race this weekend up there in S.A. and you have fun FBing I love FBing it's like I used to do it back when I started................. Big Grin...............................

Chuck,Moms Dr.app.went ok she's just got such a weak heart that they ain't much they can do,and she gets really weak and she needs someone around her most of the time for fear of falling,and then that old stuborn mt. woman shows up and says I'm fine I can do this,just worry about her falling and breaking something,and then,well we just hope it don't happen.............. Praying..............................

Ok,Duck Dynasty was great again lastnight,Manny faded out on me during the first show,and I barely made it through the second one but it was worth it,Happy Happy Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prayers all around and hope ya'll day is good.......................Hey listen here,as Si would say....................... Praying Wave...................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Woke up to a coating of snow, temps in the 20s, and the wind is blowing too. I'm still ok with it, I got to get my parts and pieces yet to get the ol' heap back together. And in all this I'll be moving. I close on my house tomorrow, woo hoo! Big Grin

Sounds great, Mouse. Quicker build on the new hammer?

Susie, my cousin is an accountant, and she can't wait til tax time is over.

Mike, good to hear the appointment went ok. I completely understand what you're saying. And I still have to catch Duck Dynasty someday.

Jean and Lou got more good news for Josie, some of the results from the tests they traveled to Philly for. They're so thankful for everyone's prayers. I hope this pic of Josie works right, I plucked it from Lou's FB. She's got a smile that melts my heart!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Mike. Good to hear Mom is Mom and doing well, all things considered. The world needs more folk like her.

Chuck. Now that is one cutie. The kind you want to hug for hours at a time. Love that smile.

Hopin' things are going good for everyone.

Spent some time up at San Antonio. First thing we get there, and Peg turns on the air conditioner and NOTHIN. I am dead tired from a full day of putzing around here and driving. No mood to mess with the a/c. But, Peg reminded me that if I just sit and think about it for awhile, I will figure it out. Well, she was wrong. Had to call a friend and together, we figured it out. Seems the thermostat gets it 12VDC from the furnace. I had the furnace removed to replace the fan motor, and it was still down here waiting on the motor. So, strapped the 12 volts in to the 12 volts out on the furnace connecter and we had a/c.

Then, the car. Messed with the engine all day Tuesday. Got it all cleaned up, and decided to go ahead and do a loose valve lash before I put the intake back on. Good thing. #7 exhaust was still having issues. The push rod was not coming up far enough to open the valve. Make a long story not so long, Peg kept me focussed, and asked some good questions. We finally called the guy that built the engine and again, together, we figured it out after I took some photos of #7 and #5 for reference. Had to drive into town to get internet, but sitting in a Dairy Queen and comparing photos, it occured to us that the rocker stand was loose. The bolt pulled out of the head. Now I have to decide to go with either a heli-coil, or a time-sert. It don't look good to make the Nitro Jam, but all things considered, life is still good.

I am so lucky to have the friends I have. They put up with me, help me out, (sometimes pointing out the 500 pound Gorilla in the room), but especially lucky to have peg. She sure knows how to keep me on track, settle me down, and help me get the job done. To show her how much she means to me, I have decided to share one of my oatmeal raisen cookies with her. (soon as I can con her into baking some)

Ok, fingers are done.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,still alittle cool here hopefully spring is just around the corner,lots to do today and then get in before to late and watch a little BB,don't really have a favorite but always pull for the lower seeded team, wonder why that is...................... Hum Big Grin........................................

Hope ya'lls day is good and prayers to all our friends wherever they are................................ Praying Double Thumbs up............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,got some running to do today hope everyones day is good................................... Double Thumbs up.............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Sunny but cool here today. Going to start packing up the garage, because I am now a homeowner. Big Grin

Ken, sorry you had some issues, but glad you were able to work through them. Good to have friends that are helpful, and really good to have Peg.

You all have a great weekend!