DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Fern, sounds like you had a lot of fun. The Flings bring all the best drivers out and produce some great racing.
Only in SoCal can you go from 90* to chilly and wet over night. Sure glad I didn't get the truck washed. Was going to but it took so long to get new tires that Buddy and I had to come home and take a nap.
Y'all have a gooden. HMMMM

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good Morning from the King of the Coast series at Gulfport Dragway..waiting on a time shot and first round..hopefully a little better luck today than yesterday!

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I survived what was mostly a very wet weekend. No racing up here. Good times with friends and family all weekend though.

Fern, I hope you get an engine back this week. I didn't get to watch any of the Fling. Jared sure had some adventures getting there, and with the wheelie.

Nick, I got it all packed up yesterday, but there was so much, I had to go to like 4th class mule delivery to afford it. Big Grin

1258, good luck on the sales!

Floyd, we came pretty close to that. We were in the 80s last Sunday, and dipping into the 30s overnight last night and tonight. My furnace kicked back on Tuesday night.

Iforgot, I hope you had some luck!

Really cool seeing Michelle Furr during the FS1 NHRA coverage, for best appearing car!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Had a little better luck Sunday, but turned on the redeye -.008 4th round vs Josh Enroth.
There's always next week..

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Another chilly start to the day, scraping frost off the car. Supposed to warm up and be a nice day, mid 60s. I just hope someone warms up the Penguins and Pirates offense.

Iforgot, you were going rounds, hope you keep it up and break through.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... been up since 4:00am and finally made it here... LOL
Watching in Fling last week made my week fly by, this week is like watching grass grow. Saturday was hot , mid 90s.

Chuck, I got one little package , think it was from you . It seemed to come from the NE cooled us down to 77 on Sunday, then 73 on Monday with sprinkles. Today high 69 with some rain Wednesday 73 with more rain... Thanks Chuck

Went out to the track for TNT Saturday, practicing for SS/T this Saturday night, Set the throttle stop up for 11.15 went a 11.161
So tranny was good and the ratio is good, took one more hit practicing running a real slow 16 second car got there first by .005 LOL
Went home after stopping at my favorite truck stop "TTT" had apple pie alamode " a meal by its self" I have not eaten junk food like that in months, it was the Best....

Fern, hope your getting closer on the car...

Camaroracer, what's been going on, guessing your very busy with the kids and work. Hope everything is going good...

Floyd , so Buddy and you been going good. That weather hit us Sunday night with a huge cool down. You going out to watch Fontana's Divisional in two weeks?

Everyone Have A Great Day.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Just cooling my heels waiting for my ride to the eye surgery. Tomorrow I'll be collecting flies to see if I can find any pubic hairs.

Hey Red, Not sure yet. If the McClanahans are going I might go out one day. I haven't seen the new dragster in person. All I've seen are pictures. Knowing Brian and Ryan it's top drawer.
Y'all have a gooden! Blue Man

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
All done. Patch off today and collecting flies tomorrow.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
clapping

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd where are the funny glasses?

Posts: 6260 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I played hooky yesterday, had a good day. It was beautiful here, about 80 and sunny. I met my best friend for lunch, took a walk in the park, and got the Cutlass fired up. Now I just need the weather to cooperate for this weekend. It's rainy and cool today, might hang around. And the Penguins won, good day.

Nick, you gotta send the dry stuff this way now! Lost the last 2 weekends to rain, don't want to lose another. My sister sent me a couple of pics of cactus flowers blooming, makes me wish I could see them in person. Nice hits, sounds like everything is working good. My sister here made apple pie over the weekend, got me a nice chunk of it, mm mmm good.

Floyd, glad to here all went well. But yeah, where are the funny glasses?? Big Grin

Fern, hear anything on your stuff?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Floyd where are the funny glasses?

You mean those fancy Oakley sun glasses they give you?

Nah, not wearing those. Last pair I had I gave to our maintenance man and he used them for when he was using a torch.

Patch is off now and I'm using 3 different eye drops everyday for the next several weeks. Doctor said everything went well and I should be finer than frogs hair.
They did a new procedure for glaucoma. They put a stint in a vessel in your eye and it reduces the pressure. No more Travatan drops.
I've been waiting 8 years to get this last eye done. Finally.
Maybe I can see the tree better?

Ya'llhave a gooden. Uncontrollable Laugh

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys sorry about not keeping in touch as much. Took the wagon out last night and it was so awesome.

About to close on a deal for a client with the real estate stuff. Also lost one because of this girls dad and husband even though they came in low when 2 other offers were going to be on the table.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Working on something Chuck----appears something wrong with balancer. It beat the bottom end to death even moved the main caps so much it ruined the block---65 passes Mad But I have 2 other motors up there so i'll have something soon I hope.

Posts: 6260 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all ya.... Pass the hump and on the way to the weekend. I just don't get it no matter how much sleep I get if feels like I need just a couple more hours.... LOL
I'm looking forward to the tow Saturday to Wild Horse Pass. I don't get to double up much but this Super Pro, Super Street this weekend is just a great time. When I leave the house Saturday its going to be around 97 degrees , but by the time we get our first hit should cool down to 95.... but by first round should be a cool 85. Last time I got to do this the sun was coming up by the time I left for home, sure hope that happens again. Shake head

Chuck, you should be good this weekend. It will be a little cool and cloudy on Saturday but race able. The package should be there Sunday and dry things out with a high of 67 with luck...

Fern , how you doing, about ready to drop that motor in?

Floyd, you take care of that eye, if you need a pair of real Oakley's let me know I can get you a deal....LOL

Camaroracer, That is the nature of that business , everyone thinks a better deal is around the corner when a gift horse is right in front of them... the best deals I did always included a motivated seller, loved it when you listed a property cause they want to move up and get a larger investment. Wow you can really made some cash making that clients deals.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! I don't know what the weather is going to do to us. 50/50 on test and tune tonight, and a little bit better tomorrow, but with it being cool and cloudy like this, who knows if it will rain, or how much. I changed the junk oil and filter last night, put in Brad Penn and put the same part number K&N filter I always have. Fired the car up, and about 15 second later oil pressure started dropping. Clicked it off, get out, and find a huge puddle of oil under the car. The filter gasket was wider than the oil filter adapter. I put the cheap oil filter back on, just so I could move the car up to the track. That was frustrating. The car also heated up quick, which was surprising on a 50 degree night. I'm going to check that the hoses didn't collapse and for an air pocket.

Floyd, glad to hear all is going well with your peepers. I hope you do see the tree, and stripe, better!

1258, very cool you got to take the wagon out last night. A little street drive, or did you hit a test and tune? Good deal on the closing!

Fern, sorry to hear that. Man that sucks. I hope you having something together soon.

Nick, I could for sure go for some more sleep. Man that is toasty warm! Is the Camaro on gas or alky? I hope you have a blast and light some lamps!

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!
Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck you and I aren't having a lick of luck are we

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guys Happy Friday to you all...It seems no matter how much you check and recheck something always by you. How many times have the uninspected item screwed your weekend , flat tire on the dually ... LOL I'll get it done but the wife thinks its funny!!! What's up with that... I keep telling her I'm going to trade her in on a younger model, but who wants to train another wife . Took over 35 plus years to get this one working right.... LOL

Chuck, is that filter in a remote place or on the block. send me a PM on the part Number of the filter. I may have a System One filter that may work for you. And the Camaro is on alky, which is almost cheap as pump gas as I pay 3.10 a gallon. Today cool tomorrow hot, just like some planned it...I'll be seating in a cool A/C truck for the hottest part of the day Saturday but that heat is just so hard on the trailer tires so I'll slow down to 65....

Fern, Hope you get something going , that block being wasted really sucks.

Everyone Have a Great Weekend , I'm going to do my best for a Funny one Too...

Oh almost forgot remember all those great moms with something special....
TGIF

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Been kinda quiet for a few days. My surgically corrected eye is doing quite fine. Flies don't have pubic hairs.

Buddy isn't doing as well. He's not recouping from his surgery as quickly as we had hoped. Normally he is a food ***** but he isn't eating well at all. Had xrays and blood work done and nothing jumped out. Sent his blood tests to his other vet so she could take a look at them and see if there was something missed. I'll get some results today. He's gotten to where he doesn't want to go for a ride cause he thinks he might be going back to the vet. Poor little guy.
Y'all have a gooden. L8R

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Going into a nice stretch of weather, really nice day on tap here, sunny and mid to high 60s. We rained out Friday night, so I couldn't get into the track until Saturday. We had a delayed start, but thankfully got the whole day in. When I got to the track, I hit the water pump switch, and nothing. So I started tracing wires, and found one had come off the relay prong, problem solved. Turns out I put the wrong K&N part number on. There are 2 that are listed for Olds, 2002 and 2003. I had the 2002, needed the 2003. D'oh! NAPA gold went on Saturday morning, that will do fine, and it did. Lost first round of Modified, won first round of Top. Since I was in for Top, I didn't buyback in Mod. Was .006 to a dragster's .012, but I couldn't cover second round. It felt great to be back in my car. Yesterday I spent over my parents with my oldest niece, great stuff, and took them to dinner.

Nick, K&N part number is 2003, NAPA gold part number is FIL-1258. I hope you had a successful weekend! Wink

Floyd, sorry to hear about Buddy. I hope he's just healing up a little slow, and will be back to normal soon.