DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,suns a shining here this morning with a chance of more weather coming in tonight,glad it's winter,there I said it,I feel better now.................. Double Thumbs up...............................

Susie,so glad the eye surgery went good I remember taking my dad to have his surgery done several years ago,and it is unbelieveable what they can do these days.............. hug.......................

Floyd,glad you got you're mom settle it's tough getting old,my mom don't want my help alot of days and when she has to ask you can see it in her face that she wishes she did'nt have to,prayers out to you and your mom.......................... Praying...........................

Well it's clothes washing day,and got a few other things to do so off I go,prayers to you all my friends.................. Praying hug Wave.............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Rain and wind were blowing yesterday, and this morning, and now we got a break, even a little sun. Supposed to get a little colder, and some snow. I'm ready for spring.

Ken, I hope you have good results from the scan. And that it's as inexpensive as possible fix on the engine.

Susie, that is awesome!! So glad for you!

Floyd, prayers for your mom. Scary stuff, dealing with strokes.

Hi Mike! Wave Have fun Duck hunting! Big Grin

You all have a good day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Susie; glad to hear of your successful surgery. I am in the early stage of cataracts. Wasn't looking forward to it until having talked with people that have had the surgery. Seems like great odds it will go good. Had great results with lasik surgery a few years ago. Still was seeing real good until this cataract thing started. Anyway, glad it went well.

Floyd; Understand about your Mom. Yours too Mike. That is a difficult place to be, and difficult decisions to make. But, I guess Mom was in the same position when we were young, and not smart enough to do right without her.

So Mike, any ducks?

Well, finally back home. 12 days, 2500 miles, too many nights in a motel, and way too much "road food". We did get our Waffle House fix. Ate there most of the time. If I have to eat on the road, I prefer Waffle House. Price is reasonable, and the food is good. Not gourmet, but good.

Got the results of the scan yesterday. Tumors have grown just a bit, so I am back on chemo. No big deal. It's been 6 months since I stopped chemo, with just a little growth. Last time I saw the Doc, he said somethings that caught me off guard. Didn't quite understand what he said or meant. Asked him about it yesterday. He spent well over half an hour explaining it to me, and I still don't know what the Hell he is talking about. What I did get from it was: I just may live forever, and then again, maybe not. Just don't know for sure. Just might not make it to the 2052 Mile High Nationals.

Ya'll All Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,naw Ken did'nt get none of dem ducks but dem are ducks,day walk like ducks and quake like duck,so dem must be ducks................ Double Thumbs up...............................
Manny and myself had a ball watching the new Duck Dynasty yesternight(MT)it's become our favorite show to watch during the week,but don't come on till 10pm on wed.nights that makes it hard for Manny to get up and make it to school on time,but we make it........................... Wink................................

Ken sorry about the cancer growing but with the great attitude you have about life and living,you'll be fine,I admire folks that are positive and knows that each day is great how ever they come,and you sir fit that model,good luck to you,and you better take care of old whats her name.............. Wink Praying......................................

Well it's flurring here a little this morning and kinda chilly with the wind a blowing so that makes the coffee better and my spoon bisquits will stick to your ribs and warm you up and may make you britches feel a little tighter Eyes Tongue.........but it is winter and with spring coming and all the yard work and chores around the house you will work that off in no time................. Thumbs up..................................

Prayers all around and hey Mouse good to see you sure wish some of our others GM thread folks would come by and say high sure miss hearing from them............................ Praying hug Wave.............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Supposed to be getting an inch or 2 of snow today. I'm ready for that to end. Looking at some cold days and nights over the weekend also. Thinking the groundhog was wrong.

Mouse, S10 all set for the new season?

Ken, I agree with Mike, sure sounds like you have the right attitude to deal with everything. I hope the chemo does what it's supposed to do. I've been wearing Coke bottles since 2nd grade, and have considered Lasik, but I'm too chicken. I like Waffle House as well, but there isn't one around here. Pecan waffles and sweet tea! mmmmmm

Hi Mike! Wave I'll have to catch Duck Dynasty some day. I have a lot of buddies who watch it also. I'll take those biscuits, because I will have a lot of chores in front of me, with the house.

You all have a good day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Ken, you truly are amazing the way you don't let adversity get you down. I so hope everything turns out well for you. When you get the cataract surgery, it is a piece of cake. The best part is you can see the difference immediately.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday for a post surgery checkup and he said I have almost 20/20 vision in the eye they fixed. Now I can't wait to get the other one done.

Hey Mike, we love Duck Dynasty couldn't wait for last nights episodes. That is definitely my favorite show on TV.

Chuck, I won't tell you that it is supposed to be about 70 here today. Stay warm and be safe.

Floyd, so sorry about your mom. I will keep you both in my prayers.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Hugs & Prayers all around hug Praying
Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Hey guys;

Not so sure I have a good attitude or what. I do know that I really don't know what to think. Don't know if I should be scared, sad, or angry. I don't believe dying is an immediate issue, but it did get me thinking. and for me, that is rare, and most likely dangerous.

I guess I had never considered my own mortality before. always joked that at the age of 103, I would die at the hands of the jealous husband of a 26 year old leggy blonde. (at his trial, it would be judged justiiable homicide). Not so sure now.

Anyway, I am having a wonderful life. For such a dumbass nerd, I am certainly getting my nickel's worth.

Now, if only I could get the car down track twice on any given day, I would be totally satisfied.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!1

Ken Gasbarri

Oh, Susie. When I had my lasik, I was quite upset the first few days afterwards. I could not believe how many crazy ass drivers were on the road. Couldn't see them before the surgery. Scared the Hell out of me.

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning,coffees on and the bisquits are nearly ready,and I've got some of the tenderest tenderloin you've ever laid a tooth in,(inside redneck joke,right there)fresh eggs and some hot house tender tomatoes so come and get it,before it gets cold.............. Double Thumbs up..................................

Prayers everywhere and hope ya'lls day is as good as one could hope for................ Praying hug Wave....................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
mornin' all! TGIF!! Tomorrow is our 6th Annual Practice Tree Race, we have a lot of fun, good food, good people. I'd like to get in the money rounds this year. I think all the good food slows my RT... but I'm not going to stop eating! Big Grin It might be cold outside, but we'll be warm inside.

Wow, Susie, that is great! I hope for the same success when they do your other eye. Anything new or decided with the Olds?

Ken, you're good people. I hope your joke comes true! More than that, I hope you get the car down the track, all day, not just twice.

Mike, speaking of tomatoes, anything new on the Mad Mater?

You all have a great weekend!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,Chuck old Mad Mater has been in time out for a pretty good while the reds bout to get out of his eyes,so if we can get a motor together for him in a while we'll give him another go,till then old number 13 vette,will be our ride while we work on squeaky and the wagon,no wonder I can't get nothing done to many projects.............. No No........................

Well going to get out and dig on Mannys pond for another day and hope the tractor holds up,bout got her dug,mainly straighting all the edges up now and then digging the line in from the creek,catfish ponds are cool and Mannys been wanting his for awhile,so maybe by spring I can get this done.
Thinking about sitting some post in the middle of pond and sitting the mini-winnie out in the middle of the pond and making a board walk out to it,so when it's cold we will put a trap door in the floor so Manny can catch some fish,and I can cookem up ASAP,now that would be fresh fish for sure................. Double Thumbs up...........................

Hope ya'lls day is good and prayers all around............... Praying Wave.........................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hope things are going well with everyone. Things here are just "Hunky Dory".

Well, maybe not Hunky, but certainly Dory.

I was 100% whelmed last night. Didn't get overwhelmed, but came close. I did discover that I may be able to survive in the "high tech" world, but I sure as Hell don't excel.

We have (read Ol' what's her name has) way too many tech thingys. A laptop, a ipad, one o those readers, and a smart phone. She has 1,342 user names and passwords, and can't remember any of them, and she loves to hit keys and click on things regardless. Anyway, I spent most of last night and all of this morning trying to get all that stuff working. We are close, but I have to wait until she gets back from the pool to she what new diasters she can conjer up. Until then, I am gonna take a nap. I will need my strength when she gets home.

Later

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Drr,hope ya'lls day is as smooth as a newly poured concrete dragstrip....................... Double Thumbs up.............................Hey,thats a fact jack........... Tongue.......................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,a little cool this morning here in Cana,hard to keep the bisquits warm here,and they say we have some weather moving in by tonight,and then warming up in the 60's by the weekend............. Double Thumbs up............................

Well hope ya'lls day is as fine as the sand on the finest beaches in this world we live in,and prayers to all................ Praying Wave...................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Morning Mike, and All;

Things look to be a bit slow out there. Been the same here. Haven't done much around here since we got back. Did spent most of yesterday sorting and packing all our old gadgets. A few old cell phones, old mouses, lots and lots of chargers, audio wires, and some stuff I have no idea what they are. But, put them all in a box and put the box in storage.

What we have left is still a lot of high tech crap. You should see this place at night with all the chargers blinking. won't have to do much for Christmas this year. Just hang all the chargers on the tree.

OK, enough whinning for now. I have to go find an antenna for the tv, or else Ol' what's her name is gonna order cable or satelite. We have Netflex AND Hulu, but still, she needs "Walking Dead", and "Say yes to the dress". ............Oh, I was gonna stop whinning, wasn't I. Bye

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! March, in like a lion, out like a lamb, right? I'm sure hoping so. I'm ready to be done with 30* temps, and snow and ice. Saturday was cold, but we had a hot time at the tree race. Didn't get close to the money rounds, but man did I eat good, and still am, with some of the leftovers. Amy Romeo makes her own noodles for haluski, and mmmmm is it ever good. Best is we raised $375 for the Thinking of Nikki Foundation. Drag racers are the best people. And we had 5 little ones running around, plus a baby, great stuff.

Mike, I hear ya about projects. Text me some night this week and remind me to post the Vetter pics up. Sounds like some great stuff with the catfish pond. Love me some cajun catfish. Big Grin Just make sure the mini Winnie can float, or have a real strong post and deck. 'Course, if it floats, I could see you taking white water mini Winnie, all the way down to the Mississippi!
Laughing

Ken, I'm with you, resisting all the high tech stuff. I have a phone that I can text with, and take some crappy pictures. Good enough for me. I don't want to be one of those people with neck problems because they're always looking down at their phones. Good luck with the antenna search. Though... you could use one of those tech things to do a search first, to find one near you. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,yea Chuck got the mini-winnie all sealed up and ready for floating,Mannys pond ain't very big but big enough to catch a few catfish out of,hoping to start filling it up in a couple of weeks,he's excited to say the least...................... Double Thumbs up........................

Well got to get after it,whatever it is,one day going to catch it maybe throw it back maybe fry it,down here in the south anything fried is good,so I bet it is too............ Ice Cream..................... Praying Wave...............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Sun is out for now, then we're supposed to get a couple-few inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow night. I hope it's winter's last hurrah of the season. I'm ready for it to be over, and get us into the good weather.

Mike, I can bet Mannie is excited for it. That's good stuff. I'm with you, for the most part, anything fried is usually good... I'll pass on livers and gizzards and such though.

You all have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Happy over center day!
Thanks, Chuck!
Have a great day, Chuck!
You too, Chuck! I hope all out there are ok, regulars, mia's, and lurkers alike.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,man the winds a blowing big time here,and flurring snow but the suns trying to shine,so good and bad day........................... Double Thumbs up.............................

Chuck,Mannys excited to say the least,he was practicing his fishing moves yesterday while I was finishing digging,he was rushing me to get done so we could start pumping water in,and then my tractor broke a part on the 4x4 so progress stopped,he's still dreaming and can't wait.................. Tongue...............................

Well prayers all around going to stay in and let things dry up,who knows maybe try and race a little this weekend at the farm................... Praying Wave..................................