DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,a little windy here at the foot of the Mt.but the suns a shining brightly so no complaining from me.................. Thumbs up......................

Hope ya'lls day is good and sunny wherever you are................. Praying Wave.....................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Wind is blowing pretty good up here, making a cold day feel even colder, maybe even less than zero.

Susie, I know you and Mark know this, that cars can always be replaced. But, I know how much a car can mean, in the memories it gave you, and all the hard work, both on the car, and in a job to pay for it, it represented. That's the way I feel about my first Cutlass. I walked away without a scratch, but the car was totaled.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good evening all;

Hope everyone is having a grand day, and feeling well.

Still here with the Grand Kids. As things turned out, today, I was left in charge of me and the two girls. Both the girls turned down the job, so I got it. Anyway, we stayed in our 'jammies all day, and watched cartoons. Kind of a wet chilly day. We had Chocolate milk and powder sugar donuts for breakfast, chocolate milk and cheese puffs for lunch, and then just some junk food for dinner. I thought we was doing pretty good. Mom seems to think the girls weren't eating well, but like I told her, we ate all the donuts, and the cheese puffs, so I know we all had enough to eat. Dinner was just chips and cookies, with white milk and chocolate syrup, but there was more than enough to go around.

Tomorrow, hoping for some better weather so the kids can play out back. I need to putz with the car and get some other things done.

Later,

Ya'll All Be of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good early morning gang,got to go to the Dr.for blood work this morning so up and attem early and fasting,need some help with this BP and heart rate,it's been running faster than I can go,so hopefully some help today.............. help................................

Chuck,Moms on one of them up swing periods that she goes thru and seems to be doing ok,still having trouble eating,so I'm feeding her from the mini-winnie dinner,she loves my grilled cheese and my grilled cheese and deli-ham sandwiches,she goes for blood work also this morning and hopefully one of the sisters is supposed to take her,hoping she don't back out,don't like mom driving up on the Mt.by herself so hopefully all goes well,thanks for asking..................... Thumbs up.....................................

Well hope your day is swell and that you can laugh some today it is good medicine,bout as good as butter pecan ice cream Ice Cream..............or Duck Dynasty,love that show makes me laugh................. Laughing .......................... Praying Double Thumbs up...............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Susie, real sad to hear about your car. At least Mark is okay. Take your time and make it better.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday, woo hoo! I need to get some stuff done tomorrow, so I'm hoping the freezing rain/ice they're calling for is out of here early. It's been a cold one the last couple of days, in the teens. I'm getting closer to being a homeowner, first round of all the financial stuff is in to the mortgage lender.

Ken, that reminds me of the piece in the old Bill Cosby "Himself" stand up movie, when the kids wanted chocolate cake for breakfast. Big Grin That's your job, to spoil the grandkids. Well done! Smile

Hi Mike! Wave I hope the doc goes well for both you and mom. Now I want a grilled ham n cheese, doughnuts, and chocolate milk.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,got a little snow and ice yesternight(MT)and now it's foggy good day to do nothing,Mannys got the day off so all is right with the world today,now if I can only get motivated to do something............. help.......................

Chuck,Moms blood work came back good,and the heart Dr. just told her to keep watching what she eats so not to gather all that fluid back and what does she do she goes to a local dinner and eats meatloaf for dinner and was up allnight with fluid gathered on her again, Banging Head.................none of my family gets the situation Moms is in so I'm always the bad guy for saying Mom is that a good idea,before she eats it............. Hum...........oh well I'm here for her............ Praying..........................................

And myself who knows,my results may be in by Monday I hope and maybe I can get this BP under controll........................ Thumbs up........................................

And Chuck hope you get all that house stuff done ASAP,it can be a head ache but worth it in the end,good luck with all that.............. Double Thumbs up............................................

Well hope everybodies day is good,hey Floyd hope you and the Bud is doing good,see ya'll later..................... Wave Praying Double Thumbs up..................................................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morming everyone. Mike that's good news about Mom's blood work, I hope she will start listening to you about what she eats. You are a great son & father, it's not easy to be the person who has to be the bad guy. My prayers are always with you and your family.

Floyd, thanks so much for the kind thoughts. We will have the Olds back together in a few months. Mark has been making calls & getting in touch with various people looking for parts and whatnot for the car. Right now it's just a quesion of finances, so we will just do what we can do a little at a time.

Chuck, glad you are getting closer to becoming a homeowner. Thanks for the offer to find us parts, I might take you up on that if we have trouble finding stuff out here.

It is a beautiful sunny chilly day here in Northern Cali. This is my favorite time of year, as all the trees are starting to blossom and they are so incredibly beautiful.

You all have a wonderful day and a great weekend. See you all soon. Hugs & Prayers all around.

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hoping it stays dry at least today, friends of mine are getting married at 1:30. Got the tranny to the shop yesterday, where it will get transferred to a good case, and gone through to make sure it's all ok. Got to send the converter to BTE, and talk to my Olds guy Smitty on the SBO build.

Thanks all, on the house, I just don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. I am excited... been renting for almost 20 years.

Good to hear about mom, Mike. I hope you are doing ok too.

Susie, scary pics on the Cutlass, but the cage sure did it's job, and there's nothing like a full frame A Body for protection. I know also, unfortunately.

You all have a great weekend!

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Between Gainesville and our gremlin fest continuing and dealing with the neigbor again, who we pray is moving-the only bad part of being a home owner Chuck, but no different than having to deal with unhappy people throughout life. So happy you are on your way to owning a home!!

Susie, we are so sorry about the accident, very glad Mark is okay...if there is anything we can do to help we are here.

Sending prayers for Mom Mike, and that your family would help you to take care of her.

Sounds like fun times Ken, Allen is was really grt to meet you at Gainesville!!! Now if we can meet up with Floyd and the rest of you guys...prayers all around. It's time for one of our fav wknds "the Daytona 500 by STP" lol anyone else remember that??

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,thanks for the well wishes for Mom,shes has a time of all of this,but shes trying,shes headed with Manny and Hope today to one of the grand babies b-day party,so all is good in the world for now anyway............................... Double Thumbs up.......................................

Hope everyone has a get weekend and thanks Susie for the kind words about being a good son and father,sometimes it's tough watching your love ones suffer though stuff,and all you want to do is make it easy for them,but it don't always come out that way,but with friends like all ya'll here in the GM thread it helps alot,prayers to all in need and for all our mia's hope all is well with ya'll...................... Praying hug Wave...........................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,and a good sunday to you all.................. Double Thumbs up..................................

Chuck what would you like for a house warming gift,a set of slicks or a new carb. Tongue Wave...................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning,hey anybody out there, helpone is the loniest number,me myself and I, Humit is bad when one starts talking to ones self,but worse when one start answering ones self................. No No Wave.................................

Well I sure hope I have a cool day,well it is chilly here dis morning,and my bisquits won't even rise,and the bacon ain't even popping so a slow day forsure,but come and get it,it may not be real hot but it's filling,see ya'll atter bit................ Praying Double Thumbs up.........................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Turned out to be a busy weekend. I'm going to have to go back to work to get some rest.
Worked on the trailer getting it organized and cleaned up to go racing and had a fire extenguisher go off. What a mess. Powder all over the place. It got a real good cleaning after that. Had to give the mini truck a bath too, the extinguisher was in the bed.
Mom had a TIA mini stroke so she's back in the hospital. At almost 92 that is scary.
One of my racin buddy's wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. If you remember he was the one that had cancer a couple of years ago and beat it. She's having surgery in a few days. She will beat it to. Praying
Had some bad winds yesterday morning. A tree fell into the power lines by Marty's house and took out 3 poles and the wires. The wires came down right by the trailer but they wouldn't let him move it. They just said move the truck and car and get out of the house. He's operating on power from the generator that was in the trailer.

Other than that it was a quiet weekend. Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! The wedding was real nice on Saturday, wishing Michelle and Josh all the happiness in the world. Great to be with a big part of the racing family, and see my friends' new 1 month old son. I should have done something yesterday, but the couch had too much gravity. Big Grin

Thanks Michelle! I will no longer have to live above or below smokers, or constant arguers, door slammers, etc, I hope. I have some space between neighbors, and hope the gress I have to cut gives me good exercise.

Hi Mike! Wave The housewarming gift I want is safety and health for the friends who are going to help me move! Big Grin

Floyd, that's part of what scares me about owning, if the power goes due to something like that. But, it wouldn't be any different than renting.. just got to get through it. I hope your mom is ok, and out of the hospital soon. Prayers for your buddy's wife. She sure can beat it. I have a friend beating it now, she just started her second week of radiation.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all have better weather than what is being called for here... rain, possibly freezing rain in some areas, turning to snow later tonight. I think the news said this will be the 27th out of the last 30 days that we've had precipitation. Fine with me... get it out before racing! Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon All;

Hopin everyone is doing just fine.

Things here are just "hunky dory". Had my CT Scan today. I drove all the way to the VA Hospital and back all by myself, without no grown up in the car to tell me what to do. I did, however, commit multple acts of civil disobediance, and did them knowingly, and intentionally. Ol' what's her name doesn't know.

Find out how the scan went tomorrow.

On a lighter note, I took a closer look at the engine yesterday, and it looks like two lifters, a small part of a lifter, and some gaskets is all I will need. I may need a cam, but won't know until I get the intake off. Either way, I'am good.

gotta go.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,yea Chuck it's nasty here to maybe we're going to get the rain out of the way before racing begins,that would be cool............ Double Thumbs up..................................

Ken good you got to go off on a all by yourself trip that means you're growing up, Tongue.....it's tough watching our kids leave the nest,now you behave.......................... Big Grin..........................................

Well prayers all around hope ya'lls day is great see ya'll atter while................... Praying Wave..............................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good evening everyone. Just thought I would let you all know I had my cataract surgery this afternoon and everything went great. It is amazing the technology they have now. I was in the office for over 2 hours, but the actual surgery took between 5 & 10 minutes. I can see so much better already and it will only improve over the next few days. Thanks for your prayers they were greatly appreciated.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Way to go, Susie. Did you get both eyes done?
Got Mom in a home. She don't like it but she can't take care of herself anymore. This stroke was worse than they thought. At almost 92 she isn't a candidate for surgery. Hopefully with therapy she can get most of her actions back. It's hell getting old.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug