DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Well, hopin things are going well for everone.

Been quite a week. Had the best friend anyone could have pass away Monday morning. Went from "The Doctor thinks I have cancer" to dying of cancer within two weeks. I will surely miss that magnificent *******.

On a lighter side, Ol' what's her name and I have revamped our technology lifestyle. We have dropped Dish TV, and Verizon stuff. Going back to broadcast tv. I got me a $10.00 Trac-Fone. Ol' what's her name got herself a "smart phone" so that we can stay "connected" while on the road. I was checking it out last night, and WOW. That is one amazing thingy. When I first started working with computers back in the late 60s, most of that technology was not even available, and what was available, you needed a wharehouse to hold it. Simply amazing. My phone can make calls, and I think text, but I won't be texting with it.

So far, Ol' what's her name has learned how to turn it on, and off, and can sometimes answer it. Working on learning more. Wishing her good luck.

Been having a bit of a problem with my leg, and now the ribs that I banged up awhile back. Pain pills don't help much, but a glass or two of tequila at bed time helps me get some sleep. So much for modern medicine.

OK, go back to what you were doing. Oh, and...............

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day!

Mike, I hope the sinus stuff clears up soon for you. I know how much that can knock you down.

Ken, I sure do feel for you on the loss of your best friend. I hope good memories are of comfort. I think that may make me the last person without a smart phone. I'm ready to go back to tin cans and strings. It is amazing what all they can do now with technology. Just remember about your choice of OTC nedication... 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, floor.

Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
feel better Susie and Ken, yay Buddy-that's cool Floyd, thanks Chuck-homeowner, cool! hi Mike, hope MOm is doing good, see you at Gainesville Allen?

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Late day mix yesterday frosted everything over, still cloudy out there.

Michelle, GO DUKE! Big Grin Get 'em in Gainesville!

Hope you're feeling better, Mike. Wave

And I hope all the MIAs and lurkers are doing well too.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning gang...Fl bound.

(No comment on that 4 letter word Chuck, but I bet u were nervous lol)

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Michelle have a safe trip and have fun. Chuck congrats on the home purchase. Mike I hope you are feeling better. Wave Floyd, Ken, WA, Christine and anyone else I may have missed. You all have a wonderful day and eat lots of chocolate, that always makes things better.
Hugs & Prayers to all my DRR family.
hug Praying
Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
Awwww!

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Goin to be a beautiful day out here on the left coast. It's been a while since we had a whole good weekend for the Winternationals but it looks like this is goin to be a good one. Temp in the high 70's, clear sky and lite breeze. Chamber of commerce weather.
Y'all have a gooden. Luck to Michelle. Hi Susie!
Praying Angel hug Double Thumbs up

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,hope ya'lls day is full of whatever it is that makes you happy................... Double Thumbs up................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! PRP banquet is tomorrow night, looking forward to getting my plaque for 3rd place, check, and team champs jacket. Not a homeowner yet... still going through the mortgage process, and my agent says we have to talk this afternoon, seller has a response from the home inspection. So we'll see what happens.

Floyd, I'm looking forward to seeing some racing. V Gaines dropped a nice pass down in Pro Stock to take #1 for now. I'd love to see Densham keep the #1 as well. I hope he is able to make it back out for at least 1 qualifier Saturday, and elims on Sunday, after hitting the sandtrap.

Hi Mike! Wave I hope you're feeling better. How's mom feeling?

You all have a great weekend!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon all;

Well, here we are in Chuck's Puddle. AKA Lake Charles, La. On our way to Georgia to see my Grand Kids. Need my hugs and kisses fix.

Bought me a new TracFone last Sunday. Tuesday, I had to spend over an hour on the phone (Fone) with their tech people to get it activated. Had to talk to 3 techs and 2 supervisors before it got done. Then this morning, just as we were leaving, discovered that the phone (fone) had been de-activated. Another 45 minutes on the phone (fone) to get it working again. This new relationship is not off to a good start. Oh, and everyone I spoke with was from India. Spoke very good English, with correct grammer, but I had a Hell of a time understanding any of them. I was wondering who I would have been connected to had I chose "Spanish" on the menu.

And, Ol' what's her name now knows how to answer the phone, find her voice messages (takes awhile), and find a place to eat, (again, 30 minutes after we have passes that exit.) So, it's going well. Thinking she will have it mastered by the time her contract is up, and she is elegible for what ever tech thingy is available at the time.

But, else where, things are going well. She has postponed getting a new or used washer/dryer in favor of spending said dollars on fixing the car. Thinking it will need a cam, pair of lifters, and some rocker parts. May as well do the freshening while we are at it. But if it don't need no cam, she get her washer/dryer. She is a good woman, or as my friends call her, "My Garage Gal".

Later

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning gang..its cold in fl!! Hope all gota well w house Chuck. Cell service is terrible here. Hopefully we'll get to make a time run in dragster now that we think we have taken care of our gremlins...glad we love what we do lol. 1st rd in both classes later today.
Allen if u r here say hello, down next to woods on right after come thru gate.

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,got a little cold overnight and the wind is whisling a cold tune this morning,hope ya'lls sunday is a fine one............................... Double Thumbs up..................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It's been a long while since I've been on here.
Hope everybody is doing well.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Mouse,good to see you stop by,hope all is well with you.....................

Getting off to a cold start this mon.morning but supposed to get to about 50sum today,so not to bad,hope ya'lls day is a good one.......................... Double Thumbs up.............................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Sounds like everyone is doing not so very bad. Glad to see it.

We are at the Grand Kid's place, being bribed with hugs and kisses. Life is hard.

Well, gotta go find out what else I can be "bribed" out of.

Ya'll Be of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,funny how that works ain't it Ken,lol.............

Got some snow this morning maybe a inch,still snowing a little,Mannys happy no school today,must have more on the Mt.thats usally when they call school when they'res more on the Mt. Hum.....................................

Hope ya'll have a good day,prayers for Susie and Mark saw where Mark had a accident racing over the weekend Praying hug Wave.............................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! Real good weekend, hope you all had the same. Skeet Peaco was our emcee at the PRP banquet, and he's always a hoot. I got to meet his lovely wife Mary Jane as well, real nice to see them both. Auctioned off a couple things and 50/50 raffle, raised $678 for the Thinking of Nikki Foundation. Sunday, my friends had their party for Nolen, who is 4 now, and Sidney. Nolen blew out his own candles, and sang along with Happy Birthday. His smile is the best. I'll post a pic this week.

I didn't know about Mark having an accident. Prayers that all are ok.

Michelle, sorry G-Ville didn't work out. You know what to do, so you will be fine.

Ken, your Garage Gal is definitely a keeper! I hope you're being bribed heavily.

Good to see you, Mouse. S10 ready?

Hi Mike! Wave How is mom?

You all have a good day!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone. Well yesterday was a pretty bad day. We had a race in Sonoma, but I couldn't go because I have so much work to do. Mark was in the 3rd round when the radiator hose blew at the 1000 foot and water got on the tires and he slammed head first into the wall. He definitely had an angel riding with him and he walked away without a scratch. It's probably a good thing I wasn't there, as there is a good possibility I would have had a heart attack. We are both just heartsick that our baby is a mess. We are hoping we will be able to put a front clip on her, which is what Mark has always wanted to do anyway.
I just thank God that Mark is okay.
You all take care and hugs & prayers all around.
hug Praying
Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Susie;

Wow. Glad Mark is ok. Hope you can get the car back on track soon.

I know you would rather not do it this way, but working on the car is always a big part of the game. Start looking for that front clip.

Ken Gasbarri