DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hey gang, hate to hear about Mom, Mike sending prayers for her. grt to hear from you Chuck, I see Scotty's mug every few nights but I missed Sundays...it's been a little stressful and sad for us as we lost our NeNe last Thursday evening & had the services this wknd, she was 98 and a wonderful soul, we will miss her dearly. Madi decided she was rdy to go through the whole experience of a funeral for the first time, so that was hard but she did well. Adiayn said he wasn't rdy yet. It is a beautiful day here, we have so much to do to make Gainesville in 2 weeks, Rick is doing really well with his broke foot, but you can't keep a good man down Wink I'm lucky to have him.

prayers and thoughts all around...who are we pulling for this wknd Chuck?

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,man it's raining here this morning,makes it hard to get out and want to do anything,nap time................. Sleep............................

Mom came home yesterday,she's still not in the best shape I've seen her in,but shes trying all prayers appreicated Now keeping all that fluid off is going to be important and hard to do when Mom don't like to be told what to eat...................... No No help...........................

Ya'll have a great day,me I'm cutting the cell ph.off and hiding.................. Eyes Double Thumbs up......................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Morning All;

Mike; good to hear your Mom is home. Hopin good things for her.

Looks to be a good day today. A bit breezy, but nice.

Going up to San Antonio tomorrow. Need to thrash on the car Friday, and hope the weaather holds for the race on Saturday. Taking the box out. Gonna be interesting to see how I do without it.

Gotta Go

Ya'll Be OF Good Cheer!!!!!!!

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! It's nice to just wear a hoodie for a couple of days, without the big Carhartt over it. Back to reality tomorrow, but I will enjoy today, even when the rain comes.

Michelle, sorry about NeNe. Good that Madi decided to go through it with you. BTW, I decided not to go to the bush leagues last week. Wink Rick, keep yourself healthy! Gainesville.. just sounds warm! Big Grin I guess I'm pulling for the 49ers. I knew their D line coach for a year in high school.

Mike, glad mom is home, I hope that's some good medicine on its own. I wish I could turn everything off and hide/nap for a spell, too!

Ken, I hope the weather cooperates for you. I'm glad someone is racing... light some lamps!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,back to winter here,it's only mid 30s with a strong wind but it feels cold,I was out till 9pm in shorts and t-shirt,what happened............... Confused.......................

It's all good,Manny did'nt have school today,ain't sure why,but he's happy and I understand,I always loved snow days when we did'nt have snow,opened up a world of opportuities, Double Thumbs up.......................................

Well ya'll all have a great day and prayers all around see ya'll tomorrow same time same site...................... Praying Wave...................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Ol man winter blew back in here big time. 68 yesterday, high 20s today with gusty winds, that wanted to blow me away standing at the bus stop this morning.

Mike, I wish work would give days off for weather, or even delays! Big Grin

You all stay warm, and battened down. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hope everyone is doing well.

Weather here is not so bad. A bit cooler than yesterday, but still ok

Getting ready to drive up to San Antonio for the weekend.

I find myself in a strange (for me) situation. I don't have any fires to put out. By fires, I mean silly little issues that you have to stop what you're doing and take care of.

Had a couple issues with Peg's car, one or two with the truck, and a number with the RV. Seems I've got them all taken care of. Now, I do have to thrash on the race car when we get up there, but that is just normal maintenance, and I've given myself a whole day to change oil, and remove the box. Oh, and I guess getting Ol' what's her name packed and ready to make the trip. Now that is a fire I will never fully put out.

Ok, gotta go.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Chuck and Ken,had a light powdering of snow lastnight,enough to get Manny another snow day,he loves snow days,and I used to too......................... Wink...............................

Well going to get after it in a little while,hope ya'lls day is a gooden,and prayers to all................... Praying Wave.......................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
The weather out here on the left coast is going back and forth. We'll have a few days in the high 40's to low 50's and then a few days in the mid 70's. Ole Momma Nature can't make up her mind. At least it's dry for now.
Y'all have a gooden. hug to all the ladies. Praying Angel hug Double Thumbs up

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! I had sent my SBO headers to Nitroplate to get coated. I had themp shipped to my parents house, since they're home more often than I am. I picked them up last night... ooooooo! I'll post a pic when I remember. Gotta love Nitroplate bling!

Ken, glad you have no fires, and you can focus on racing. Go get 'em, and let us know how you do.

Floyd, we're back to winter, 20 degrees, wind chills knocking the feel close to zero or a couple degrees under.

Mike, you all have a hill for sledding? That's the best thing about the snow. Still love to go sledding. We're supposed to get another few inches thid weekend.

You all have a great weekend!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,man it got chilly here yesternight(MT)but it's going to warm up around here the next few days,so it's all good,except the camper water is froze,I had it drained and then the cold snap snuck in on me,while I was watching for thevies,hopefully nothing busted,we'll see when it thaws...................... Praying.............................

Yea Chuck we have lots of hills around here but not to many want to put the effort into sledding like we used to,I can't climb the hills like we used to so I run the tractor with a bedliner behind it and pull those that chose to sled back to the top,car hoods are the best,you never know where it's going to go,when I'm on one I stick my long leg and big 14 size boot off like a ruter and drive the hood,others just let them spin it's pretty cool,we just ain't had enough down here to make a difference this year so far,but winter ain't over..................... Double Thumbs up...........................................

Well hope ya'll weekend is good see ya'll after bit,we're gone...................... Praying Wave.............................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Well, hopin everyone is doing fine.

It would appear that I lied to ya'll the other day. Got up here to our second trailer near San Antonio, and don't ya know, more fires. Fixed a couple, and have plans for the other one, so it's all good.

Thrashed on the car most of the day yesterday. Got everything done in time to go to the track for some T-n-T.. Good thing too, cause I discovered that I really suck at bottom bulbing. Can't seem to get under .1, and that's RED. Thinking if they allow me to tow a trailer, that might help.

Going out today for a 1/8 mile racing. It is suppose to be "No-Box", but they have it listed as "Footbrake", and if that is true, I will have to remove some more stuff, and the way I suck with the tranny brake, I will be really entertaining with the brake pedal.

While working on the car yesterday, I slipped and fell onto the cross brace at the driver's door. Think I may have crack a rib or two. Sore, hard to breath, or even move. It would be a good excuse to call in sick if I were still employed, but racing is entirely a different matter. I will get through it. Can't pass up a chance to make a fool of myself.

OK. time to head over to the track. Gate at 10:00, trials at 11:00, and elims at 12:00. Should be loaded and out the gate by 1:00

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
G'luck today Ken, take care of those ribs. Road trip to Quick Fuel this wknd, kids are excited. Always nice to be out of school for snow days or cold days. They love sledding around on the hills, I love pulling them around on the ball field with the 4 wheeler...fun stuff!
Running into weather now just past Knoxville, prayers for a safe trip....Pbly going with the 49's...not as much fun when ur teams don't make it!
Hugz Floyd

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Weather was so nice yesterday I fired up the smoker and threw a couple of racks of ribs on it. This low and slow cookin just ain't for me. I don't have the patience to just let it cook for 6 hours. The ribs are good and all that but it just takes too long.
Our weather did a 180 again, rainin a little now. Got my new front runners put on yesterday and now I'm goin to have to polish the water spots off em since i left them in the back of the pick up while I was cookin.
Anybody goin to watch the Puppy Bowl today?
Hugz Michelle. Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning,got alittle white stuff yesternight(MT)not enough to do any sledding but enough to make the top of the ground even more muddy,but it's winter and you can expect such............................ Thumbs up.................................

Floyd,I'm with you on patience and cooking,when I see a picture of something I want to eat I ready, Ice Cream..........but we know how it works,so thats why I eat out when I can,and I'm ready for my food when I walk thru the door,can't understand why they can't read my mind.......... Hum I'm stupid.................................

Well happy sunday to you all and prayers all around,and I'm thinking the puppy bowl will be more interesting than the other game,but what do I know.................... Wave Double Thumbs up.........................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Good morning everybody! Got another layer of white stuff last night. I`m back out side today to split more firewood.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

So, how's everyone doing this fine day? Hopin Mike's Mom and everyone else is doing fine.

Weather here is great. Very nice for this time of year.

Well, went to the race track yesterday. They told us at the gate that the race was pure footbrake. No box, tranny brake, shifter, or two step. OK, trying to be versatile, I removed all that junk first thing, then went over to tech the car. Oops, it is actually, No-Box. so, all my junk except the box is legal. Made first pass without it. First green tree I've had in awhile, but not real good.

Put all the junk back in for second time trial. Not much better, but got a hell of a rattle just before I got to the turn off. Shut down the engine and towed back to the pits. #7 exhaust rocker is loose. Thought it was a broke push rod, but no, it is just fine. Appears to be a broke lifter. Hopin that is the extent of it. engine turns over good, and no other noises or anything, so maybe I got lucky.

Ribs and leg are giving me fits. Hard to breath and very painful to cough with the ribs. Standing or walking is hard on the leg. But, while at the track, it didn't seem all that bad. Maybe because I had my little mind occupied, and had no time or room for that stuff. Anyway, thinking we are finished for the season. Don't have the spare money to fix things just now.

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,man I've picked up a sinus infection AGAIN,boy this winter is getting old,this is the third one I think no more flu shots for me(I know sinuses not flu)but seems every year I take the shot I stay sick with this head mess,oh well....................... Hum................................

Mannys school is running 2hrs. late again today he's hanging on to hope that they'll call and cancel before 10am,funny I can remember doing the same thing,you know worry about going longer in the spring when that gets here........ Thumbs up..........................................

Ken man sorry about the ribs and legs me and you must be brothers from different mothers,the stuff that happens to you sounds like the crap that happens to me,lay back and let old whats her name bring you some sweet tea and the remote,and give them ribs time to heal,I know all about them cracked ribs, Wink.......................take care of yourself and sorry about the motor troubles maybe it want be so bad................... Thumbs up.........................

Well I got to get outa here gotta take mom for a cancer dr.app.at 1pm to see whats going on with all this fluid gathering,so please pray for her,and I was just thinking this morning while reading about the man in Ala.who shot the bus driver and kidnapped this 5yr old boy,I ain't making fun of a serious matter at all,but don't you know that hes thinking how did I pick this kid out of a wh@le bus load of kids,can you imagion being in a 6x8 room with a kid who has ADHD no matter what else the kid may have going on,I remember when Manny was 5 and hes got ADHD and I live in a 8x32 camper and sometimes the daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy would make the wheels of the camper go round and round......... Eyes Praying help......................................

Please don't think I'm making fun of this situation but if you've ever dealt with a ADHD kid you know what I mean and to think this old man has a problem too it could be bad,and I pray it's not,but I think God is already punishing this old man with jimmy jimmy jimmy jimmy jimmy jimmy jimmy,his name is Jimmy Lee Dykes so we'll be praying for those folks in Ala.and prayers to you all............. Praying Wave...........................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again. Sun is out, and it looks nice, but it's low 20s and they're calling for a couple more inches on top of the 3" we got out my way over the weekend.

Paul, good to see you stopping in. I have to log on ROP and make a visit. Are you making Norwalk? With D Miller moving the date, I have a chance to come out Sunday.

Floyd, there is only so much anticipation we can take. I could never wait 6 hours for ribs.

Ken, owch. Definitely painful, been there on the ribs. Adrenaline and the track activity kept your mind off of the pain for awhile. I hope the lifter is it and there was no shrapnel you have to look for through an engine teardown.

Mike, I sure remember those days as a kid wanting a snow day. There were no 2 hour delays back then. We went to school in weather that would be full day cancelations now. Yuck, sorry about the sinus infection. Prayers for mom, hope it's a good appt today with the doc.

Michelle, love my QFT carbs. Gotta go through my 650 a little before it goes back on the SBO. When is Gainesville for you?

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Drr GM gang and friends,not looking to bad this morning here in Cana,I see alittle blue sky and temps supposed to be in the 50's for a few days,so not to bad for feb. Double Thumbs up.......................................................

Chuck,moms dr. app.went kinda like well all the others have at the cancer Dr.he says to mom well it ain't growing but when ask about the gathering of fluid from the cancer,he says probably from the heart,well to me mom ain't a car and it ain't probably no.6 plug that is fouled,but he seems to give her the answer she wants to hear,but shes not eating enough to be making all this fluid that is gathering in her.
But when I suggest seeing another cancer Dr.for a second opinion,she just says no and won't even discuss the matter.
I really just want her to get the treatment that she needs but she seems to be settled with saying well my hearts to weak to try and this idea I do blame on the Dr.
He says well the treatment is going to be rough on her and I agree,but shes not doing to good on a daily basis so I'm not sure what to do,but say ok Mom,she won't listen till shes down and has to be taken back to the hospitial and those trips are really hard on her,sorry for the long expl.but I'm just wore out thinking about and all my family will say is oh well from the sidelines...................... No No......................................

Well prayers to you all got some ham and egg bisquits this morning and a new pot of coffee for ever who wants some and a big jug of sweet tea for Chuck,ya'll have a gooden............................. Praying Wave.................................................................