DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guy's... Fern got me laughing right out of the gate, one thing history has showed us no matter how disgusted Fern is in his mind the fix is already started.... HMMMM

Chuck, Kind of funny even when you break at the track you still have a good time, well I do!!!
Is this the weekend to get to the track? if it is best of luck...

Floyd, You got any more plans to race? That May race at Fontana that Chris does looks like fun!!

Have A Great Day To All...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! 70 degrees and sunny 2 days ago, and today it's in the 30s and spitting snow. Hopefully this is the last day for that. Tomorrow mid 50s, and Sunday looks perfect, sunny and 70. Test and tune got moved to Sunday, so there's an outside chance I could make it. The engine is ready to go back in, and I'll be working on it all day tomorrow, get it in, button it up, break in the cam, change the oil, and hopefully get it all done in time to get the car up to the track.

Fern, I know that feeling, and how much it sucks. Sometimes you have to take a step back, get your head right.

Nick, for sure, even when I've broke, I've had a good time, even when I grenaded the 455. It stinks, but if that's all I have to complain about, some broken parts, then I'm doing pretty good.

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time! (I'll say that's a milkshake Big Grin )
Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
We might have a little sprinkle of rain this weekend.
Red, funny you say that but we were just talking about doing that a couple of days ago. I gave Marty his 2500 bucks so he can get his new helmet and fire suit so we are probably going to go out and turn the truck up and see what happens. I don't know if it will be him or me driving. Doesn't matter. It's all in the family.
Y'all have a gooden. panting

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning at all .... Its Friday and I'm ready for the weekend, Weather in low 90s high 80s so I should get a few things done. Got some cash back from the Feds, most going back to the state. Funny how that works!! I'm a few bucks ahead but that's already spent, easy come easy go...

Chuck, wish I was close enough to give you a hand, hope you make it to track Sunday. Make sure you check everything twice, last time I put a motor in forgot to tighten bottom radiator. Made a mess when I started to load the car...LOL

Floyd , the hayhauler I'm sure will be seeing the 9s, turn it up and stand back. All the new changes made the truck even more outstanding .

Have A Great Weekend, ( mine is a root beer Float, tasty) Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
RED, I just don't know what max rpm is?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ferns still thinking----went to Baltimore to a surprise party for youngests 41st birthday. Nice sea food place on the water with lots of the kids that hung out at our house when they were young---they all grew up! Good time. Got plenty of offers to help fix the car. I have another motor just tired of working on it for now.....hope everyone has a good weekend.

Posts: 6225 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. We had snow mixed in with rain Friday, and I was in my winter coat. Today, I didn't even need a windbreaker this morning, sunny and will be close to 80. Gorgeous day yesterday, watched some friends make good passes. I'm chomping at the bit to go down the track.

Floyd, I'm curious to see what the Hay Hauler will do too. What rpm do you shift at now? PG or 3 speed?

Nick, that's too hot too soon! No way I could survive an AZ summer. Thanks, I did a lot of checking. Screwed myself up a little. I put the trans in last week, thinking I could get the engine in. I was working by myself, so maybe if I'd had another set of hands, I could have gotten it to go, but without them, I had to drop the trans back out. Engine went right in then. Test fitted the diaper with the starter and oil filter on to see how those will work out. Engine is in the car now, headers on, before I called it a day. Still have a couple of good nights of work to go. Chipping away at it.

Fern, great stuff. Down the Inner Harbor? I feel you on being tired of working on it. Good luck swapping engines when you get the urge.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Sounds like everyone is getting ready to race or is racing. I'm wondering if I'll even make it out by summer. May need to get a refund on the money race at Maple Grove race if I don't get practice in. Pops is talking about renting out Cecil for the day in May. Might need to get on that.

Floyd, get that beauty in the 9s.

Fern, sometimes you just need a break from it all. My break has been nice for the last 3 years, but I'm itching bad.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Chuck, I shift at 6400 and go through the lights between 65-6600. Turbo 400 with brake.

1258, I don't know if we can make it to the 9's with the power we have now. It's a brick and weighs 4000 lbs.

We've got sunshine and high 70's for a few days and the rain later in the week.

Y'all have a gooden. Weather

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Man, it was a gorgeous day yesterday. Pretty nice today, might rain later. I'd like that to all come and get out of the way before Saturday. I got the transmission in last night, hoping a good night tonight gets me about buttoned up and ready to fire.

1258, seat time is always a good thing. Get it where you can, with all you have going on.

Floyd, sounds like you have a good handle on it. I know all about being a heavy brick going down the track. Razz

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All.... Happy hump day, how we all doing? Weather been good, this weekend just enjoyed working around the house. Really did not do anything consider as work... LOL

Fern, I understand where you are coming from, after all the work you done.

Chuck , I still have not pulled the tranny from my car. May get to it soon like Saturday, but the wife told me not to plan doing anything on Sunday!!! She sure does make me laugh...

Floyd , 4000 lbs. really!!!! have you scaled the car lately? I always was taught losing weigh was cheap compared building horsepower. But you and Marty have it going on.... I never owned a big block before...My little small block would not know how to move that mass...LOL

Have A Great Day Guys , Its a strawberry shake.... And no you cannot have some!!!! Relaxing

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Weather has turned nice here at home. Been 70s and 80s for a few days. Going to cool down into the 60s during the weekend which is fine with me.

Pops and my mom are coming back from Florida today and they are taking a detour to look at a motorhome for racing. He will probably buy it and drive it home same day he looks at it. At least they can stay in that instead of a hotel.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern might be thinking working on race car is a good idea---spent 8 hours yesterday servicing lawn tractor and have washed 1/2 of motor home so far today. Got it serviced last week and found a 1/4in bolt in one of the tires. Got that fixed yesterday. Ferns got kids and grand kids so you know where this week end is going. Oh, I looked in the trailer this morning and the race car is still there. You all have a good one till next time

Posts: 6225 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern, you do more in a week than I've done since February....LOL HMMMM

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Red, Lang at LP Racing scaled it when he did the back half. Put 200 lbs in the drivers seat, balanced it all around and it was 4000 lbs.He didn't tell me what the split was though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
J its 7:30 now---I finished washing the motor home and waxed the front of it. Then fired up the John Deere intending to scrape the drive way some but for some reason the hydraulics all quit working so add that to the things to fix. Fern might be old but as long as I can move I am going to be moving---wow 2 posts in 1 day Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern, hey when you get some time why not come to Tucson for a vacation? You are making me tried just trying to keep up with reading your posts.... panting

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I told you before I stopped a couple of years ago and that nice neighborhood I used to live in looked like the slums to me--not safe after dark I am sure. East 35th St Pueblo Gardens. I moved from there in 1958 I think.......Gone to bed now Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Got the Cutlass just about ready to fire up. It's back on the ground, everything is about connected back up. I put a diaper on, looks like it will clear the headers everywhere. Just got to connect the oil pressure gauge and get the distributor in on #1. I'm going to miss getting it out for test and tune Saturday though. My brother and his family will be in for Easter. Forecast doesn't look good anyway.

Nick, working around the house qualifies as work in my book. I hope you can get the transmission out soon. Is it easy enough in your car? I can get mine out pretty quick. Getting it back in is the challenge!

1258, safe travels to your parents. I hope the motorhome works out for them.

Fern, that's a lot of work. I agree with Nick, I'm tired just from reading all that. I hope you have a good time this weekend with the kids and grandkids. I do the Easter egg coloring with my sister's kids, has become a tradition from when they were little. Great stuff.

Floyd, I'm curious to the split, with it being a truck. Guessing mid to high 50s in the front, mid to low 40s in the back?