DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Well Mike, good to hear about your Aunt and all. Hoping you Mom is at least comfortable. I know that has to be very hard on you.

Hoping everyone else is also doing well.

I've been off the juice for quite awhile now, and feeling not so bad. Problem is, I feel ok, so been over doing it a bit around the place, and paying for it with sore and achin everything. But, stuff needs to get done, and I hate paying someone to do what I can do myself.

Hoping to go racin here soon. Local track doesn't have anything for me right now, but come Feb. they will have a few I can go up and throw my money at. It would be nice if I could just send in my entry fee, and the track could text me and tell me how bad I did, and thank you very much for your money.

OK, I am out of dumb things to say, so I will quit. In the mean time,

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Good weekend here, hope you all had the same. Looks like the winds are going to blow in pretty good the next couple of days, gotta throw another blanket on and hope the pipes don't freeze.

MI, good to see you stopping by. Good to hear things are good for you, except for the Falcons. I hope Tony Gonzalez comes back for them.

Good to see you too, Junior.

Mike, I hope mom is comfortable as possible. Can't be an easy time for anyone. Prayers for her and your aunts.

Ken, good to hear you're feeling well. You're getting more done than me!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everyone. Wow life has been really busy and kind of frustrating. Went to the eye doctor last week and found out I have cataracts in both eyes. Left eye is really bad and they are doing the surgery next month. The right one isn't really affecting me right now, so that will have to wait for a later date. It is amazing how expenseive the procedure is, but if I can't see, I can't work so it has to be taken care of right away.

On the bright side, my Niners are going to the Super Bowl. It has been a long, frustrating dry spell for us fans, but I had a really good feeling about the whole thing when they finally benched Alex Smith and put in Kapernick, He has been amazing in the playoffs, more like a seasoned pro than a rookie. GO NINERS!!!!!

Mike, so sorry to hear about your aunts, glad they are doing better. I hope things get better for your mom.

Our first points race of the year at Sonoma is this coming Sunday, so we will see how the new tranny works. I will be glad to get back out to the track, I miss all my friends and the smell of burning rubber.

You all take care. Hugs & prayers all around.

Praying hug

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Susie, get them both done as soon as you can. I only had one done cause of my surgery and I don't use that eye at all.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,man it's cold here this morning,you can tell the old boy dogs have been by during the night and marked their territory theres yeller sprires stuck all around,I notice even one has the short legged neighbors dog stuck to it, No No Tongue...................................pop sickle dogs............... I'm stupid...................................

Susie good to hear from you,we will be saying a prayer for you on that day,please let us know how it goes,and I hope old homegrown is doing ok................ Praying..................................

Well Manny's 2hrs late going to school again today and I'm off my busy pace Wink so I've got to get after it,prayers all around and hope ya'll have a nice and warm day wherever you all are........................... Praying hug Wave.............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Old man winter is really showing himself this week. Single digits when I left the house, and wind chills dropping it below zero. It is booger freezing weather for sure!

Good to see you Susie (no pun intended). I hope the surgery goes well, and your eyes are healthy in no time. Congrats to the Niners. I'm ok if they win, and tie the Steelers with 6 Super Bowl wins. Jim Tomsula was in my class with me freshman year of high school before he transferred. Kapernick has been incredible. I've been very impressed with him. Good luck on the 1st points day!

Mike, I wish work gave 2 hour delays too. It's hard to come out from under the covers anytime, even more so in this cold.

Karen posted on the CarePage over the weekend, and I put it on Bob's thread. I wasn't able to make it to the event Sunday night for the Thinking of Nikki Foundation, but it was a success.
hug Angel

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Am I the only one who thawed out enough to post? Bbbrrrr.... only 1 or 2 numbers above zero this morning. Thankfully the wind was not kicking up at the same time.

Forgot to mention, I saw my best friends over the weekend, and their son, Nolen, who gave us a scare a few years back, is coming along. He'll be 4 next month. For those who don't know, there were complications at birth that deprived him of oxygen for a time, and when he was about 6 months, he was touch and go, fighting menengitis. He is behind on some of his developmental markers and has seen occupational and physical therapists, and is now working with speech therapists. We're praying it will all one day "click" for him. He's got a smile that makes you smile.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Evening GM thread,been a long day to say the least,Mom called this morning said she was taking herself to the Dr.and I said I'm going to,and then we had to go to the ER for test and her heart is floating from the fluid that the cancer is making,so now to the heart Dr.ASAP............

And while I was at the Dr. with Mom the Theives came back to get more batteries at a neighbors house and I got the call from the neighbor to see if I was at home for help,so I called the cops and got them down there and they went to the kids house and got what they need for a warrant on this bunch,so maybe we'll get the crooks the batteries well you know probably not...................... Mad.....................

See ya'll tomorrow morning or I hope so anyway................................. Wave....................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,spent the night at Moms on the couch,6'4"of me on a 5'couch,needless to say not alot of sleep and alot of waking up,but we made it and she slept allnight without getting up once so it was well worth it.................. hug....................................

Well time to get after it and make some app.for Mom with her heart Dr.at Baptist Hosp.in Winston-Salem and then get ready for some snow tomorrow so prayers all around and see ya'll tomorrow...................... Praying Wave.............................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Heat wave! Double digits out there this morning... 12! Woo hoo! The custom car show is this weekend here in Pittsburgh, so I'll be hanging out all weekend with my friends, scratching the itch a lil bit.

Mike, prayers for mom. Glad she slept well, and I hope the rest helps. I hope the doc's goes well today too. Good luck with the thieves.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,ya'll have a good day.................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hopin everyone is doing fine. Mike, how's things going with Mom?

Wow, had me quite a day yesterday. Had a problem with the truck and a low coolant message but the coolant is full. Working on that, when the car started acting up. Got that fixed, but not until I had to fix the fresh water pump on the RV. Have city water, but the check valve has gone bad, and water is going backwards through the pump. Tried doing it the cheap way, but that didn't work, so now I have some cheap parts, and no use for them. I did have time to talk to the people at Magellan about our non-functional GPS. Took hour and a half to finally get a real person, and 15 minutes to get the problem solved. Damn, I do hate the way big companies send you round and round on the telephone, and you never do get what you need until you find some way to talk to a real person.

Had a few other issues yesterday, but decided they could wait until we go to San Antonio, and I can bring back some tools from the car trailer. Being retired has it's perks.

Got a great deal on a vacation condo in Crossville, TN in April, so we will be spending a week there. Don't know if there is anything to do in Crossville, TN in the middle of April. I know there use to be a drag strip (I-40 Dragway), but don't know if they are still in business or what. If it works out, and the timing is right, just might run up to Bristol and take in a race.

Well, another nice day on the coast. Have to do a few things, so I better get with it. Things are going get real busy here in a few days, so I should catch up on the honey dew list while I can.

Ya'll Be of Good Cheer!!1

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning,Ken you sound busy,sorry you had a few things let you down,but glad it just ain't me,I got to thinking I had someone put a curse on me(not really).
Clutch came out of my tractor this week,alternator died on my 97 4x4 dodge,and then a 2003 dodge p/up I bought to sale and had to work on trans ended up costing me a extra $300. this week,and then I had Mom at the ER wed. and then had to take her back to the ER again yesterday for same issues that she should have been kept for on wed. and they kept her lastnight this time,cancer is making fluid and the fluid is grathering around her heart.

But other than all that and about 3"of sleet and snow we're doing great................ Thumbs up.....................

Don't mean to complain about it all,especially about Mom,just hate it for her having all these issues and getting run around all over the place,maybe we can get her to feeling better and thats the main thing,all the other stuff is just stuff...................... Wink..................................

Well prayers all around hope ya'lls weekend is a good one......................... Praying Double Thumbs up Wave.............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Drr GM folks and visitors.........
Have a great day............. Praying Double Thumbs up....................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hidee this morning folks,a little wet and slippery here this morning,Manny's happy no school today,and he's off to the local daycare where all his pals hang out when schools out,me I'm off to see Mom and talk with the Drs.this morning,see's still in the hospitial and probably will be for most of the week.
The have gotten 9 liters of fluid off her since fri.till sun.it's know wonder see could'nt breath,hopefully this will help for awhile............... Praying.............................

Well I hope ya'lls start of the week will be a gooden and prayers to you all................................ Praying Double Thumbs up.........................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! We had the slushy start this morning too. The roads were ok, it was the sidewalks that were a challenge once I got off the bus. Nice to have temps in the 40s, after last week. 50s tomorrow and Weds before the cold comes in again. Worked the PRP booth at the World of Wheels show all weekend, got a lot of positive feedback, so that was good. I am tired though. I could use a good long nap. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,going to be a nicen today with thunderstorms and alot of rain tomorrow,it's a little muddy here in Cana.................... help...............................

Well hope you alls day is fine and prayers all around........................... Praying Double Thumbs up.....................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've been watching lately Mike and i wanted to say Good Morning to you as well!

schooledbyscotty.com

Posts: 553 | Location: ky | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Well good morning Scotty,and theres no way I miss you everyday,lol............

Welcome to the GM thread,pull up a pop crate and sit awhile,coffees hot and the biquits are good.............. Double Thumbs up...................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
... and so is the sweet tea, Mike! Big Grin

Mornin' all!! Nice to feel some warm weather for a couple of days, but winter will come back Thursday. I could use a day for a good nap, still catching up from the car show.

Good to see you stopping by, Scotty.

I hope all the MIA's and lurkers are doing well out there.