DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Her's my buddy and engine builder doing his thing. We call him "Smoke".

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Have an eye Dr. appoitment today. Time to see if i need more than reading glasses. I turn 46 here in a couple of weeks, and this getting older deal is starting to suck. Ain't much i can do about it though.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Mouse!
Getting older is a good thing, trust me. Big Grin

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Howdy ya'll,when I first woke up this morning,I was angry at the world,and really did't know why,had lots to do,and more responsiblities than even,and enough stuff going crazy around here,than I've seen in quite awhile,so Ma,God Bless you,I know where you're coming from,seems days like today needs to go away,I went back to bed for alittle while and the phone kept ringing,and when I got back up,it was the same old stuff it was,when I went back to bed,just later in the morning,and less time to get it all done,and on top of that,my puter is turning itself off in the middle of my post,don't know whats wrong,but it is pretty aggivating.......... Banging Head........................................................

Then the hip Dr.tells me yesterday that the liner in my hip is probally worn out again,and we are going to have to realign it again,and possibly do a total hip replacment again,and to just keep taking the pain pills,that make my diabuticklidus,(bowel problem Eyes)worse(can't spell either)and on top of that,he says not to race anymore till we fix it,because of tthe way I cimb in the car,makes the joint try to pop out,so yes it sucks bigtime,and i want to scream real loud and stomp and curse and throw a down right fit,BUT,then it comes to me that in the thing they call life,mine is just a pimple on the azs of this big old world,so I save my toe,from getting broke,and my hip from hurting worse,from throwing a big old fit,and just sit here and smile and say,WHAT THE HE11,it's all going to be ok,know matter what happens,but ifn this dang puter cuts off and makes me lose this post that is making me feel better by the minute,that my friends may,I say may send me over the edge, Mad............but till that happens,or before that happens may i say God Bless you my friends,and may i say I love ya'll and thanks for putting up with me and being my good morning friend,cause ifn you had to put up with me all day,ya'll mite not be my friends nomore, Big Grin........Hope that don't happen,and ya'll have a gooden and prayer to all in need,and we all need Praying........and we'll try to see you all afterwhile............................................. WaveHey Chuck......................................

Oh yea,wanted to tell ya'll about my little friend Kustom that I requested prayer for awhile back,they finally got the testing done on him,and said the tick like problems that he was showing,was something,he would grow out of,so in this krazy world we live in they are lots of good news,so there it is the krazy morning in the life of Mike(country,10-4,big mike,uncle,and some names,I care not to disscuss)Hawks................... Hum Eyes I'm stupid Big Grin...........................................................................................................................................................................................................and my period button just got stuck,go figure crying......................................................................................................................................................again............................................................................................................................................................. Wavebye..............................................................................................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Awe, Mike, we'll always be friends. Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!!!

hug hug Christine. We hurt with you. And if anyone needs a talking to up our way, I'm ready to sic 'em. During the rain delay last night, Brianna and I went on a DQ run and got some ice cream and thought of you all. It was good to see Markie, Jordan, and Mike. I was pulling for Markie, that would have been really cool to see him win last night.

Wave Hi Mike! Hang in there buddy. Wish I could take the pain away for you. Like Floyd says, we'll always be friends, and I'm looking forward to popping a top or 2. Glad to hear about Kustom.

Cool stuff, Floyd.

Mouse, I've worn Coke bottles since second grade, so my sympathy is limited! LOL Big Grin Beats the alternative, right?

Go get 'em Michelle!

Y'all have a great weekend. Lots to do, I'm going to try to get as much done as I can.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, things are beginning to come together.

A year ago tomorrow, I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. Shortly thereafter, they found that I also had Bladder Cancer. After a few more tests to make sure the Cancer had not spread beyone the Colon and Bladder, they removed about 16 inches of my Colon, and then a TURBT on my Bladder. I know what TURBT means, I just can't spell it. Anyway, as of last Oct. my Colorn was Cancer free, and they thought my Bladder was as well.

In January, they did another Cystoscopy and found some more tumors in my Bladder. They did another TURBT to remove the tumors, and as it turned out, they were of a "high-grade", and somewhat aggresive, as I understand. They were fairly certain that the tumors had not reached the muscle, but wanted to make sure since the tumors were "high-grade", so they did yet another TURBT. Just found out yesterday that the tumors had NOT invaded the muscle, and for now, I am once again "Cancer Free" I have come to learn that Cancer Free means Cancer Free.......for now. But, I will take it. They had talked about taking my entire bladder out if the muscle had been affected. I am certainly happy that is not the case.....for now.

So, we will be leaving the Gulf Coast (Rockport, Texas) tomorrow morning, and hope to be in Denver area late Tuesday. As I had expected, and secretly hoped for, the first race of the season was cancelled due to weather. So, I actually have a chance to have a full season this year.

Three years ago I grenaded the engine after only 4 passes twice, so I was a bit fed up and didn't rebuild until after the season was over. Two years ago, Peg's Mom was in her finale weeks, so we spent a great deal of time with her over on the island of Maui. And last year, the Cancer thing pretty much used up the season.

This year, we have decide to run the "Trophy/Jackpot" class on Friday evenings at Bandimere Speedway. My Grandaughter, Kylie, (6 years old) has already informed me that my Saturdays will be spent attending swim meets, soccer games, and cheerleader practice. Just another in a long list of women running my life, but I can live with it.

As for the Cancer thing. Even though I am supposedly Free of it for now, I still have a few hoops to jump through, but I can do that at the Denver VA hospital. Not to much to ask to keep me all in one piece.

I am really looking forward to this season. The car is runnig dead on, the driver finally figured out which end goes down track first, and he should have the time and resources to get it done.

Ken Gasbarri

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragnRat,

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ken, God bless you. If you have followed any of my posts you know I have recently lost a friend to cancer and another friend is cancer free from the same cancer.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Brother, as I'm sure many on here will echo.
Just keep remembering which end goes first and good luck in the high altitude.
And, pay attention to what those ladies want. They are what keeps you together.
Praying Angel

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,Howdy Ken,sounds like things are starting to get better,so hang in there,got to get to it,ya'll have a gooden..........................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of stuartsracing
posted Hide Post
MORNING MIKE,LETS GO RACING..

RICHARD STUART

Posts: 93 | Location: pulaski,va | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Hey guys I"M BACKKKKKKKK Big Grin

Michelle it was great meeting you !!! Yes we didn't have enough time to hang out, with working (DRR) and racing (broke tranny) and all that goes with it, and you not feeling good (sorry glad you feel better now!) it was a "short" weekend!

Michelle thanks I think Megan is beautiful too, thats why I keep her close LOL and your children are so cute, I rememeber those days Smile

Man I had to get up early this morning to catch up on all that was going on while I was MIA, sorry everyone seemed to be having my kinda week . . . . but this is now the weekend so it is gonna be GREAT for ALL of us Moring crowd!!

Well gotta get ging storming here so cleaning house and gonna take Megan shopping for bed room set since she is living with only matteress in room Eyes

Prayers and Huggs Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Heard some disturbing news over the weekend, the AAA Dragway @ Fontana is without a track manager. Don't know any details. I just hope we still have a track after this shakeup. I know the France family isn't exited about drag racing but I think the Fontana track has been making money. We don't need to lose a place to race. Confused No No Eyes

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Gang,Bye Gang, Big Grin...................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Mike's definition of a "quickie" and mine are much the same it seems! Guess that comes with age! We are happy in Arizona despite all the negative publicity about how a bad a folks we are! Our weather has been great! It is now past May 1 and we haven't seen 100 degrees yet and only a few days of over 90 and don't anticipate any in the coming week! No need to "boycott" us, we are still good people, just want to keep the "bad" people out! It is just one big political football and no one can put it through the goal posts except we the people!
And if no one else is gonna do it, we will! Cracked me up when folks suggested that a boycott of "Arizona" brand tea be put forth! That product is made in New York and they have been takin' advantage of our fine name for quite a while now! Eyes Hum Laughing Wave Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin all.....Manic Monday so lets get with it Sleep

BB have a good day

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Monday it is.
Coffee is brewing and Mountain Dew is in the fridge.
Guy, i'm glad to see someone finally doing something about it.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Gang,
Raining Here,
Hip hurting like,well you know,
Az.tea made in NY,too funny,but true,and to lemony for me,Guy knows,
Prayers to all,and pray for me,to get away quickly from these pain pills,I hate how they make me think,but I don't hurt,
Bob J hope all is ok,
Ya'll have a gooden,and hopefully I'll see ya'll in a bit,
Wave Hey Chuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I need you guys to pray for my best friend from school, Tess, her husband Kenneth & daughter Hayden, they are saying goodbye to their 18 yr old son/brother today, he died Friday night in a motorcycle accident. A banjo child prodigy, Houston Caldwell, the best child you could ask for, on the fire dept, just got home from Missouri basic training, eager to go overseas & serve his country.
If you get a chance today, utube him playing. Our hearts are just breaking. It was very hard at Rockingham this weekend but we stayed because that's what felt right, Madi wanted us to bring the man home to give Tess. I was number qualifier, had the car to do it but luck didn't fall our way if you guys have checked out central.com.

I'm sure Mark & Nikki heard some beautiful banjo picking Friday night. I love you guys, we should say it more often because we don't know what tomorrow holds.

Houston playing

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post