DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,little cloudy here this morning,calling for some rain the next couple of days and we sure can use it.......... Thumbs up...................

Hope all ya'lls day is a gooden and prayers all around,I'm off to see if I can find Manny some cowboy boots for Christmas,wish me luck he said he wanted a pair of real cowboy boots ready to go,I to old for this but I want him to have a great Christmas,now to find a real cowboy and take his boots,this is a job for Super Dad................ Hum No No Eyes Tongue Double Thumbs up..........................................................................

Quick story,back in the day I had a new pair of boots and was trading horses pretty hard back then,and a friend of mine said I sure like them boots,what would you take for them so I priced them(pretty high) and he said take them off I'll take them so I did and went home and got another pair,then later down the road,I ran into him again and he said I have something for you in the truck and he gave me the boots back said they hurt his feet,and laughed and said I really just wanted them to see ifn you would sale them,he said he had heard I'd sale anything even my boots,so maybe I'll run into another me today............... Wink............be my luck to run into another me today I wear size 14 boots,Manny wears a size 8,but if they are nice boots we'll see................. Double Thumbs up........................

So much for a quick story............... Laughing ...........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,been a tough weekend around here,started with Manny thrusday night with a stomach bug going around the school,then I took it saturday night and then lastnight Hope takes it,so everybody in the family except Mom has had it,hopefully she won't take it,it's been rough,if anyone sees that septic tank truck that ran over me sat.night get the plate no.I want to sue........... I'm stupid...........................

Well prayers to you all my friends and a special prayer out to all those affected by the school shooting in Conn. Praying.......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hope everyone is doing well. Things here are not so very bad. Gonna be a busy day today.

Mike; that was a funny story. Reminds me of a story or two, but not for today.

My leg is still killing me. Been to the Docs a number of times, and had a CAT Scan, and a Ultra Sound. Discovered that I have some sort of artritis in my right knee, but couldn't find any reason for the pain. Suggested I try some ibprofen, but like I already told them, it doesn't work, even a little. BUT, I did find some old pain meds in the back of the med cabinet and they work pretty good. I got a good night's sleep last night. I've got enough to get me through the next couple days, so I am gonna get some things done while I can.

Now, I know what I am about to do can be considered "marital suicide", but it is my best option. Ol' what's her name insists I not get her anything for Christmas. She is making tuna casarole, and oatmeal raisin cookies for me as usual, but wants nothing for her. HOWEVER, yesterday, for the first time in years and years, she ran the vacuum while I was present, and cussed the vacuum cleaner the entire time, and then, it started making noises and getting hot, so she says she is gonna get rid of it. Well, I can take that two ways. Either she is warning me that if I too, get hot and noisey, she will get rid of me, or she really doesn't want anything for Christmas, but if she finds a vacuum cleaner under the tree, life as I know it will be much more pleasent in the near future. I am going with the later, but just for sure, I am staying quiet, and not even gonna get hot for awhile.

So, now that I've gone public, ya'll know what happened if'n I ain't around here after the holidays.

In the meantime, Ya'll Be of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! Turning into a rainy day here, but it's still decently warm, 50s, for December.

Mike, great story! I know you would sell them right off your feet... I think the world around you is glad you stop at boots!! Big Grin I hope you found a pair for Manny, and that you all feel better.

Ken, isn't getting the vaccuum (or anything household chore related) marital suicide? And another reason on the list why guys are dammed if you do, dammed if you don't? Big Grin

The shootings in CT really saddened me. I feel for those families and their losses, especially at this time of year. I got some good medicine over the weekend though, spending time with my nieces and baby nephew and my family. Yep, I hugged 'em all hard and didn't let them see the tears that were starting to well up. Wishing you all a great day.
hug

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Buddy is not going to be happy. It's raining.
Well, gotta go in for my last 3 days of work for 2012. Off til 1-3-13.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Christmas

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning you all,looks like a foggy start to the day here in Cana,and we're all trying to get back on track after getting hit bad by the septic tank stomach bug truck(did anybody get that lin.no.)man it's been a rough few days here at the Canarosa.............. Sleep............................

Got to get at it going to redo and old piece of yard furiture for Mom for Christmas she gave it to me to throw in the junk trailer about two yrs.ago,but I saved it to redo sometime for her as a surprise,and this christmas I thought would be the perfect time,she knows nothing about it and it's made of wood and a metal frame that glides,going to paint the wood red and the frame white with white bolt heads,it's real old school made,and have my friend Chad McCreary put her name on it something like Worlds greatest Mom,Nana Juanita,I thought she'd get a big kick out of that,or I hope so,she's got and gets everything she needs when she needs it,so I thought this mite surprise her.................. Double Thumbs up................................................

Now if she finds out I'll know who told her since ya'll are the only ones that know........... Wink Big Grin............................................

Prayer out to you all and still praying for the folks hurting up in Conn.if presented with the chance hug someone today and tell them you care you never know where that person will be able to spread that sunshine too............................. Praying hug Wave........................................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang, I noticed as I was catching up on the week with you guys that I was smiling, thank you all for sharing here with our drr family. My heart is breaking for all those families, can't begin to imagine that level of pain.

hugz all around hug

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Another rainy start to the day here. I'm ok with it being warm enough to rain, but I would like to have a white Christmas. I think maybe Thursday night into Friday we're supposed to have some snow. I hope so. I love seeing people's houses Christmas lights shine on the snow.

I guess that means I should get some shopping done by next Tuesday.

Floyd, I like your schedule!

Mike, sounds like a really nice gift for mom. I hope the surprise works.

Michelle, this is a good little group, and that includes our MIA's and lurkers. Smile

Even though Mr. Rogers passed in 2003, his words are as relevant as ever:

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping. To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers -- so many caring people in this world."

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Hi guys!! Wave

Chuck I LOVE that, I am going to use that and remember that!! And she is totally right there is always helpers!!

Miss ya'll Double Thumbs up

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 421 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Gray day out there. Still hoping we'll get a little snow this week.

Always good to see you in here, Nicole! Yep, she is right.

Happy birthday to Bob Deniker! Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Nipply out here this mornin. The beware of ice do hinky flashed on my dash this morning. A day and a half left to finish off '12. If it stays cold like this Buddy and I are going to get a lot of naps in.
Praying Angel hug Christmas

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,been out working on Moms gift,hard to get paint to dry when it's cool and damp out,with the help of the propane tank heater I have where working on baking it on,I believe I'll getter done or hopefully....................... Double Thumbs up..............................

Floyd you stay in a catch all those naps possible,Buddy's a lucky pup,kinda like Tipsey,I'd say they get treated better than alot of kids............... Frown.....................................

Hey Chuck,they talk as if we mite get some snow here in a few days,so ifn I was a betting man I'd say you'd get it before us............... Wink..........................

Hey Nicole,thanks again for the thumbs up guys they are cool and I hope you and the family have a great Christmas............................... Thumbs up Double Thumbs up Thumbs up................................................

Well prayers all around and if you have a chance check out on the Dirty Dozen Thread my Dozen Dirty Days of Christmas,just could'nt resist it,hope it don't make anybody mad it's meant in fun................... Big Grin Praying Wave................................................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hi gang, love it Chuck-helpers and love homeade gifts, naps, and snow too =D

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,90%chance of rain here today so gotta get out and get the outside stuff done ASAP..................... help.............................

Prayers all over,oh yea found Manny a pair of boots and did'nt have to fight one bit for um,just payed the young feller and said thank you,must to have been my size scared him, boring..............funny how a $100.bill can make you look scary............. Double Thumbs up...................................................................................

Again prayers all around and have a good day........................ Praying hug Wave.............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
34* when I left for work this mornin. The thingy in the dash said "possible icee conditions drive carefully". Buddy was snuggled up in his blanket so he'll probably be in the same place when I get home. frosty
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug Christmas

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! Raining here, we'll see what we get when it switches over to snow. Supposed to get a couple inches, and the mountains may get 8-14". It will look nice and Christmas-y?

Floyd, I can't wait to be taking some naps. I'll do you and Buddy proud. Be careful in those icy conditions. Doesn't that usually mean too many rocks in your scotch?? Big Grin

Mike, glad you were able to find Manny his boots. I still need to post up the pics of him and the Corvette. I'll try to remember that this weekend.

Michelle, getting a little back to normal now... so, stupid Cowboys. Mad

You all have a great day!

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Cowboys Chuck Wink

You guys still here?? lol

Ww had Christmas dinner for our residents tonight, our family cooks for them & serves them..gives you a good feeling ro do for others, wish everyone in this world felt the same .

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,man the winds a blowing here,blowing wind snow and chilly,got some more work to do on Moms project hope to be done for Christmas,paint dries slow when it's in the 30's...........................

Well hope ya'lls day is fine and prayers all around................. Praying Wave Double Thumbs up.........................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
35* here this mornin. Buddy came in a couple of hours ago and said he was cold. So I let him crawl under the covers. Then he kinda pushed me out. That's why I'm sitting at this key board this early. One of these days I'm going to trade places with him and teach him a lesson.
Had my butcher cut me a nice 11 lb center cut prime rib yesterday. Marty say's I gotta cook for Christmas. Christmas 2
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Christmas

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! The wind is huffing and puffing out there. Some flurries around, but nothing sticking yet. Still calling for 2-4" by tomorrow. Hopefully it freezes up the Bungles and the Steelers can move past them. Hoping the Giants beat the Ravens too.

Michelle, Razz wish there was a different digit showing for this Thumbs up hee hee Big Grin

Floyd, you have our temps, almost, hope you're not getting the wind. I would say you have to cook too, if you had an 11lb prime rib roast! Yum!

Mike, I hope you get 'er done before Christmas!

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream is Christmas-y, though cookies are an allowable substitution at this time of year. Big Grin