DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Drr GM gang,looking like a pretty nice day shaping up and Manny and myself are a heading to the Farm for the annual Flea Mkt.hope to find some treasures and leave a few for someone........... Wink.....................

Hope ya'lls weekend is a great one and prayers to you all and to our MIA's hope you all are ok...................... Praying hug Christmas...................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Guess what? It's wet again out here on the left coast. We're goin to get a whole seasons worth of rain in this first part of December.
I just picked up one of them offset smoker grills yesterday and was going to smoke a pork butt but I guess I'll have to wait till the rain quits. I gotta do laundry anyhow and get in a few naps.
Ya'll have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Christmas 2

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,Floyd we could use a little of that rain here it's getting pretty dry,but it's funny how it works out dry here wet there,wet here dry there, Hum...........guess thats why the earth spins as it does,maybe it'll hang on till it spins this away........... big idea.......................

Had a great day at the Farmington Flea Mkt. yesterday,Manny loaded up on Hot Wheels,don't reckon you can ever get enough Hot Wheel cars,cause everytime I'd look around here he would come with another bag full,and with his hand out for more cash.............. Eyes Tongue........................
I'd say thats enough Manny and he'd say but Dad I've got 32 more nice Hot Wheels bought over there for $20.bucks I'll pay you back when we get home,funny how that work when we get home he'd done spent the 20 spot so I'll work it out, boring.......I always said he was a grow up in a kids body,maybe I was right.......lol..................

Well hope everyones weekend is going along ok prayers all around and we'll catch up in the morning.......................... Praying hug Wave..............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning drr gm gang,looking to be another pretty day around these parts never even got in the 40s lastnight,love this type of weather cool in the mornings warm in the evenings,it'll cool off soon enough,but for now it's short britches weather............. Wink................

Sitting in line in Statesville this morning with a load of scrap metal,hope to haul two more loads this week and then rest up till after first of the year.................

Hope all you folks have a fine day and prayers to all in need of a prayer,see ya'll atter bit...................... Praying hug Wave...........................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's raining again. It dries out during the day and comes back in the night. Supposed to warm up starting tomorrow. I hope so.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Christmas

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
After 5 days of rain it's supposed to warm up to the mid 70's for the rest of the week. Maybe I'll get to try out the smoker I picked up last weekend. Just what I needed, something else to cook on.
Y'all have a gooden. Angel Praying hug Christmas

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,another beautiful day here in Cana weather is great for outside work and I have plenty to do,as the old saying make hay while the sun shines.......... Wink..........................

Got some new meds. for this cold,flu,crud,whatever you want to call it,I do believe it is helping,we'll see as the week passes................ Praying........................

Floyd glad the rain is slowing down and be careful smoking them pork butts, Eyes Tongue............
Don't be like Granny on the Hillbillys when she was smoking crawdads the hippies misunderstood what she was doing and thought well you get,be careful,heard that smoking pork butts would make you warm and fuzzy feeling............................. Eyes Hum I'm stupid.......................................................

Hey Chuck............. Christmas.............................

Well prayers out to you all my friends,and I hope ya'lls day is great see ya'll atter bit..................... Praying hug Wave...................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Warm few days up, today is the last of them, 60s, before going back to 40s tomorrow. Got a bunch of stuff done over the weekend, got the car in the garage, took the truck and trailer to my friend's where it will rest this winter, dinner with friends, then on Sunday got the engine and trans out of the Cutlass. Wow. I blew it up good. Want proof? Here:

I'll post some more later. Trans case broke into a few big pieces. I'm hoping the valve body at least is ok. I'm going to send the converter to BTE again once I pick a cam for the small block. I can't wait to see how bad the inside is. Cam is broken for sure. I'm hoping the heads are ok.

Mike, I was hoping that huge Steelers win would help you feel better. Kick that thing out, and I hope it's the only cold/flu/crud you have to deal with this winter.

Floyd, I'm thinking you really need to make the WFC some year just so you can cook! Big Grin

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Up 'n at 'em!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Chuck thats a crack sometimes when they go they go big.............. crying.....................................

Wind a stirring a little here this morning and a sprinkle of rain every once in awhile,so a good day to catch up on my nap time me and Tipsey have been falling behind lately,need to catch up on the important things in life,like belly rubbing and scratching her head(our pup) Wink............................

Well good day to you all and prayers out to whoevers in need today may the Good Lord take aliking to you today................. Praying hug Wave...............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,looking like another prutty day here in Cana,cooling off later in the week ,wait this is later in the week, Eyes Tongue............man the weeks just fly by this time of yr.could have something to do with how early it gets dark and my starting time,it can differ from 8am to 11am, Hum.......this could be why the weeks are so short,when it gets dark so early,and unless NCIS is on or the Steelers are playing a game,I'm done and in the bed by 8pm, Sleep...........this could have something to do with short days and weeks................ Wink..................................

Well I hope ya'lls day is good and Prayers all around and especially to our MIAs hope ya'll are all good.................... Praying hug Wave.............................................................

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike life is like a roll of toilet paper----The shorter it gets the faster it goes Eyes

Posts: 6223 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
life is good, but wow it's busy!!!! lol I'm with Mike on the getting dark too early part...Florida was a blast!! did I mention Florida was a blast??? wow what a great time we had!! sorry Chuck, when you break you break Jack I think. how about them Cowboys Big Grin Saw Marty for a minute Floyd, he was on his way to a meeting. hope you guys are great, left you a voicemail or 2 Mike...yell or email when you get a chance...you guys take care!!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,up early looking to end the week on a high note,had a great week and got alot done,trying to catch up from where my foot was hurt back in the summer and it is working you can once again drive around thru the place now,it got so bad you could'nt even turn the gator around for all the junk,not complaining feel really blessed,my store house runneth over.......... Hum Wink Tongue....................with junk..............................

Michelle as I was saying above I've been so busy getting caught up (and it sounds as you know what I mean)that I remember you meantioning tires but I just keep forgetting,if I'm up that way sometime I'll get them,if you get ready to get rid of them before I get there go ahead and take them to the landfill,I understand,with it getting dark so early now can't get enough hours to do as much as needs be,but as I say if I'm up that way will be glad to add them to my collection............................ Big Grin..............................

Well it's still dark here but I'm going to try and get at it,bought me a hat with LEDS in the hatbill and it's a gamechanger Wink now I just keep getting it when the dark interfers with my work,now if I could just not get tried.................... I'm stupid............................

Prayers all around and ya'll have a great day.................... Praying hug Wave....................................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Well, hope everyone is doing well.

Got a bit of a hitch in my get-a-long, but other than that, things here are well.

I've been building a shed. Not too big (8' x 12'), and I thought I was doing a decent job of building it. I pre-fabbed the walls, and the trusses, but when I went to assemble everything, I discovered that the size difference between the regular 2 x 4s, and the studs I used to build the walls. The 2x4s are almost a 1/4 inch wider and thicker than the studs, so things didn't quite match up. BUT, I keep telling myself "it's a SHED". Don't make it right, but it helps.

Anyway, I think I was standing on the ladder wrong. I thought I had picked up a case of "shin splints", but after treating for that, it appears that I probably have a "stress fracture". Hurts like Hell, and difficult to walk on. Guess I am gonna have to talk with the VA Nurse and see if they can do something for me. First of all, I have to finish the roof on the shed. Gonna wrap it real tight, and hope I can get the job finished. Need to finish the roof with rain forcast for tonight and tomorrow.

So far, I have yet to get rich off my race win last week. Thinking of writing my "bio". Call it "From humble beginnings to famous racercar guy, How I did it". Then maybe get a suvenir trailer to sell T-shirts, bobblehead dolls, and 8x12 glossies. I need to make some money so I can continue my winning ways. Oh well.

Ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragnRat,

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Looks like we're in for a rainy weekend. I'm glad I was out and about yesterday while the sun was out. Helped my buddy get his trans out, and then dropped the oil pan on the BBO. The oil pump, a lifter, and a pushrod were laying in there. The oil pump broke off. #4 main cap cracked. It's busted up real good. I hope to have the rest of it apart over the weekend. I'm just hoping the heads are ok and I can sell 'em. You all have a great weekend!

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
happy Saturday, off to Lil man's bball game...then see if we can get a tree up this weekend, love Christmas Christmas 2

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning,a little foggy here and misting rain,hopefully will clear up be dinner time,need to finish some work on a truck and hate welding where it is wet.......... Mad.....................

But if I don't get this done it gives me a reason to clean up the garage so I can put it inside(which is what I should have done to start with)but oh well........................... Hum...........................................

Well hope ya'lls day is good and prayers to all of you my friends and have a good day............................. Praying Wave.............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Morn Y'all!
Just about got all the modifications done to my new smoker so it's smokin a couple of pork butts today time.
My old buddy Super Chevy Carl Cole was picked for a Santa Claus look alike makeover for the Rachael Ray Show. It airs on Wednesday.
Ya'll have a gooden! Praying Angel hug Christmas

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sunday morning folks,looking like a very nice sunday here in Cana,suns a shining birds are a singing,makes you think it's spring instead of nearly winter................. Wink.........but I'm good with it..........................

Hope ya'lls sunday is a good one and prayers to all in need,and Floyd I can smell that cooking going on all the way out here........... Ice Cream Praying hug Wave........................................................................................