DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all!
Thanks, Chuck. The improvements were well worth it. It's smoother and should be more consistent.
The March Meet is a must seek if you like nostalgia cars and racing. They had 32 funny cars trying for 16 spots. The gas classes are really tight. My 10.633 on the 10.60 index was only good for 10th spot. We had a good time even with the trouble we had. It's a great atmosphere.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Winter still hanging around, going to make it hard to be motivated to be in the garage Sunday. Looks like the weather will start getting better next week.

1258, life happens. I hope all is good with the family. You definitely have some work, taking care of 2 kids. Good luck on the new job.

Nick, yeah, we jammed a lot in for 4 days. Grand Canyon was a bucket list item, but all of it was awesome.

Floyd, my pleasure. I can't wait to see what it runs wide open.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon to All.. Chuck has winter going on and AZ is in the lower 90's , what happen to spring. We went from winter straight in to summer, its going to be a real HOT one is year.
My weekend going to be spraying weeds and helping a friend with his RV roof recoating.

Have A Wonderful Weekend .... Cool

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern went to VMP yesterday to support the race and visit friends I rarely see. Didn't take my car as it was to cold for me. In spite of temps below freezing in the morning Alan Carpenter had the track on kill Chris Butcher had the wheel stand record as he back bumpered the wagon several times. Looked like a pretty good turn out even with the less than favorable weather for cast and bad weather up North. I just had a real good time up there thanks to Micheal, Anthony, and their wives. Hope they have a good day today and tomorrow. Top notch promoters.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all!

I have to say we are having another chamber of commerce day out here on the left coast. This could be a very good day to do nothing.
Y'all have a gooden. Smile

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
One of the guys at my old work needs some help. He can't read blue prints. My ex boss say's, call Floyd. I say, I'm done working for free. Got about an hour to an hour and a halfs worth of work to do a takeoff on a floor plan for a gym in Oklahoma. I told him 200 bucks. Ex boss say's, No, 175. I say no, 200 plus mileage. I say, if I had of known you were going to barter I would have said 300. No answer.
I will go help him this morning and show him one more time how to do a takeoff. I told them a long time ago they better only hire salesman that can do takeoffs. They didn't listen.
I'll use the 200 towards a new helmet for my son. We can't even go test till we get a current helmet. Mine's out of date and I don't see any reason to get a new one if I'm not going to be driving much.
Y'all have a gooden! Wink

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When I worked for someone else years ago I kept a book of drawings of things and methods for making some of the odd ball things I fabricated. I took it home every night and took it home when I went on vacation. I still have it even though after I left they offered to buy it. Some people don't realize the knowledge us old people leave with when we retire. Make them pay Floyd. Looks like a good day today--the sun is out and I will be soon---everyone encourage the face place dwellers that we are still here on DRR waiting for them.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It's spring! Days are longer than nights now, and hopefully the warmer temps are coming in. 12 days until KRP opens, if the weather cooperates. I got to go to the Penguins game Friday night with one of my best friends, my aunt's 80th birthday party Saturday afternoon, and dinner with friends Saturday night. Yesterday I shipped some parts I sold and took a nice stroll. I hope you all had as good a weekend.

Nick, I hope the weed spraying and RV roof coating were a blast! Big Grin

Fern, got to see you on FB! Big Grin You're looking well, my friend. Bummer the weather stunk for Michael and Anthony. I was pulling for my friends there.

Floyd, for sure, make them pay. Good use of the funds, too. You can put the next time they need you towards your own new helmet. Hate to see you get jammed up in tech.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
All done and invoice sent. Two hours total time
$234.84 fee and mileage. Told them call again. The stop watch will be on. As Fern said, knowledge and experience cost.
Y'all have a gooden! Razz

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Tweener kind of day, cloudy, low 50s, before winter blows back in tonight, literally. Gusty, 30s, making it feel like it will be in the teens. How do the weather people seem to get that one right?

Good deal, Floyd! It's only right. I hope they consult you all the way into 2 new helmets, at least. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning Guy's.. Sounds like most of you made the best of the weekend. RV roof got done but the weeds still growing like crazy with rain coming this week they are going to get huge.. got the car ready for a two day S/ST race, the track has a lot going on so there will be large amounts of down time...

Floyd, great job making them pay you probably save them 10 times that , next time you need to have 4 hour min on the table plus mileage... I'm sure your knowledge is worth more than that...

Chuck, we have the hottest March since keeping records in the 1850's, broke over ten record highs so far. Lucky for me we have a cooling trend this weekends race Saturday and Sunday.

Have A Great Day .... Big Grin

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! March is still being a lion, hoping it switches over to lamb for the way out. 50 yesterday, 30s today and windy, making it feel like the teens. Warming up for the weekend though.

Nick, I hope things cool off weather wise for you, but you stay hot on the track! Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

The Chamber of Commerce took a few days off. We had sprinkles most of the day yesterday and we are supposed to get rain today. Buddy asked me to turn on the heater and I did.
Y'all have a gooden. Smile

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm BACK!!!!!!!!Been a Long Time.......

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Welcome back--more of you should leave face place and get over here with us hard core supporters of DRR. Even the starter of this thread has abandoned us. Looks like a nice day today so everyone have a good one.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Man, it was bbbrrrisk out this AM, somewhere in the teens. Supposedly, this is the last day for that until the fall. I hope the weather people got that part right. I don't need summer weather, just something warm enough to get in the garage and get my heap ready.

Good to see you, Marty!

Fern, Mike isn't saying much on FB about what's going on with him or Mannie. I hope he's doing ok.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Also, happy heavenly birthday to our dear Guy Price.
Angel

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. Been a great first week so far at the new job. Totally enjoying it. It's a card processing place that is growing like crazy. Nice commute to work.

Hope you all are doing well. Miss you all.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... glad we have passed the hump and getting closer to this weekend. Friday I'm only have a six hour day then off to get ready to RACE!!!! I'm going to try a two day S/ST race, just hope I have enough energy on the second day... LOL Weather is looking great high 70s to low 80s , so much better than the mid 90s of last week.

Chuck, hope you shake those low temps for some higher ones, really great to remember that about Guy... I wonder how Jami is doing? What do you still have to do to get the Olds ready to race?

Camaroracer, happy to hear about that new job , to be able to enjoy your job is a big plus..

Fern, You are so right about that facebook stuff, people are always telling me about crazy stuff that's posted . I'm holding out to the end and, I see no reason when I can get most the info I need without it... I rather talk to friends without a computer in the middle ...LOL
As I type this out.... LMAO

Guy , may your Birthday be full of Los Dos Molinos Mexican food that you loved so much.

Everyone have a Great Day....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Raced with Guy at Bee Line dragway a long time ago--does this make me old? Dam good guy he was. RIP
Guess I'll test it once more at Piedmont if the weather holds Sunday....don't need no stinking button