DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,pretty start to what looks like a super weekend,lots of racing still happening around these parts and hope to take in some of it................ Car..............................................

I'm always talking and asking for prayer request,so heres a praise report,the new Dr.I've started seeing for my diabeties called yesterday and was all excited to see my a1c no's.had dropped from 8.2 to 6.6,and my others no's. where looking better,I can tell a difference,now if I could just quit breaking and hurting these other parts........... No No..............................................

Moms hanging in there she's having a hard time eating shes constantly sick on her stomach and can't eat,shes tried two different meds.from the cancer drs.but is having troubles with side effects,so prayers still needed for Mom,she called yesterday and asked for some cheese for a grilled cheese sandwich and I said let me fix you one from the minnie -winnie diner and she finally agreed and after she ate the wh@le thing she said it was the best ever,so that made me smile............ Smile..............love my Mom.................. hug...................................

Well ya'll have at it I'm going after my normal fri.junk run and then get back and get after it,prayers to you all my friends and have a great day....................... Praying hug Wave...............................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
The weather don't look all that good for the Finals today. It's cold and showers are forecast for most of the day. I think I'm going to stay home.
Mikey, you hang in there, Bud and take care of yourself so you can take care of mom. Maybe you oughta think about a big bubble to crawl into so you don't hurt yourself. Hum Laughing
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Sun is out, supposed to warm up some today, and be a gorgeous weekend for mid November! Heading to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile, so it will be a great weekend.

Mike, that's great to hear about a1c numbers going in a good direction. Keep it up! Prayers for mom. Man, I hate cancer.

My friend's mom is fighting cancer, stage 4. In her chemo session this week, she had a heart attack. Docs found 90% blockage and had to do an angioplasty to open it up. She was in horrble pain, between the 2, and it ate my friend and her kids up to have to see it and not be able to help. Goood news is she feels a lot better, but will be off of the chemo for at least a month.

I think I saw Allen Johnson has pretty much wrapped up Pro Stock. That's really cool. Hard worker, has fun, good to see him get it. I'm pulling for Antron in Top Fuel. He's always been a favorite.

You all have a great weekend! It's ice cream time!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's nipply out here but dry. Might get to 59* today with no rain in sight. Should be a fast weekend at Pomona. Who knows, Shumaker might get another "The Run" to take the championship again. Stay tuned for regular updates. Car
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,off to Piedmont this morning for the SS/ST combo race,did't last long at the Farm yesterday,but had fun,got to get after it,see ya'll after bit.....................

Prayers out to all you folks have a great sunday.................................. Praying hug Wave....................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all!
Go get 'em Mike!
Beautiful day here, hope you all are having the same. Going to try to get the rig home and pull the engine and see what all broke.

To all of our veterans, thank you.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,good fun outstanding weekend for lack of a better explanation........... Wink......................
Won one rd. yesterday legit rd.cut better light and ran closer to my no.so a good day,lost the next rd.with worse light and dead on,look good doing it, No No...........had a blast seen alot of old friends and made some new ones was a great weekend...................
There was a Dad and his two kids a little boy and girl,came over to the car to say hey,and they where in aw of the grocery getter wagon,their Dad said they spotted it when they came through the gate,and had to come and see it,it was fun talking to them about the car,and telling them that it was the orig.mini-van and the Dad said really, Tongue..........I said maybe not really but it's a cool comparation, Hum Big Grin...................it was fun to feel important again and have fun with the fans,great race that peidmont puts on and fun to get to be apart of it............ Car............................

Well got to get with it,got to take Manny to the dr. this morning to check on a scare on his leg where he stuck a stick in not long ago,and is causing some discomfort now,hopefully it will be nothing but better safe than sorry........................

Chuck sent the pic.of the wagon and a better one of the Vette with Manny and the dogs beside of it hope you can make them out,me and cell phones....................... Roll Eyes....................................

Well prayers all around and ya'll come and get it,got plenty of it and got alot more of it in the frig.so come on and get some while it's. hot, Hum................ya'll have a good day....................... Praying hug Wave..............................................................

Thanks to all our Vets. and God Bless........................... hug.....................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Mike hows the weather down there in Cana,and hows old Manny doing,and did you have fun racing this weekend.
As I said yesterday I had a great weekend racing and Manny is fine,he's got Christmas on his mind and the weather is windy this morning here in Cana,but the suns a shining,so all is good,hope you have a good day Mike and ifn you see any of the other GM crew today,tell them duh huh,they'll know what I mean have a good day and prayers out to all you.................................. Praying hug Wave Confused Tongue...........................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning Mike, enjoy the sun while it's out, I have a feeling that will be changing soon. Happy to hear that Manny is doing well and it sounds like you had a lot of fun racing this weekend. Been sunny & cold around here, highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's. Now that probably doesn't sound to bad to all of you, but that is pretty darn cold to all of us west coasters, especially when we were in the high 80's a week ago.

6 more days & we will be in Tennessee with the kids, boy am I getting excited. Hoping the weather is nice while we are there, but it doesn't really matter we will have fun no matter what.

Well you all have a great day and stay warm.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,looking like a Cana style day here,you know just right...............Susie hope your and Marks trip to Tenn.is going to be fun,and I'm sure it will,be safe in your travels........................ hug................................

Got the bisquits ready and the gravys about to boil and the bacon is crisp and ready and Chucks ice tea is sweet as can be,ya'll have at it................... Ice Cream.........................

Prayers out to you all and hope ya'lls day is great................... Praying Wave......................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Already over center day! Weekend was absolutely gorgeous, but it chilled down a bunch after the rain came through Monday night. Back to normal, high 40, touch 50 maybe, bit cold at night, in the 20s.

Mike, I got the pics, loaded em in Photobucket, will have em on here tonight I'm hoping. Wagons rule! They were the mini vans of their day. Spent plenty of time back in the 3rd seat of different Ford wagons as a kid. Then when I started driving and dating... well, y'all were in high school once too. Big Grin

Susie, I bet you're getting excited to travel. That's good stuff. I am too.

Duke looked a lot better than the Steelers did. I hope Ben isn't down too long. I REALLY want to beat the Ravens.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,hope everyone is doing good,and hoping all our MIA's are OK,and can come by and check in as soon as you have time,and I hope the suns a shining wherever you are............................ Christmas......................................

Yea Chuck I love wagons,that's why I traded for the old rough 71 Chevelle Concours Wagon that I traded the s-10 for,it's rough but I love wagons they are really getting harder to find all the time,and more expensive too,I hope to race the 71 some next season,along with the Vette(Mannie says Dad I'll let you race my Vette)I said Thanks.................... Wink.........................................

Well hope everyone has a fine day and prayers out to you all,see ya atter bit......................... Praying hug Wave...............................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning gang, missed you guys...I've been lost sorry. Glad you got to drive the wagon Mike good stuff, Chuck, hope you are doing good, Floyd hug, wish we could meet up while you're on this side of the usa Susie...hope you all have a grt day!!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey Michelle,tell the kids and Rick I said hey................. Wave....................

Chuck the pic.I sent you this morning and hope you got is called The Carroll County Accident,at The Minnie-Winnie Dinner ................enjoy........ Ice Cream......................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Brisk start to the morning, but the sun is out now. Might even hit 50! Hoping the weather stays goood... want to go get a last fix in at Mason Dixon on Sunday.

All good here, Michelle, hope you're the good kind of busy.

Mike, got the pics! Man, that's not a cat head biscuit, that's a lion's head! Tongue I'd bet that would take up a good part of the pig in sausage gravy! I didn't know you got a '71 Chevelle wagon, that's awesome! I love all kinds of wagons, so does my buddy Mark. It's a good thing neither of us have the money or space... we throw RJ and CL ads at each other when a cool one comes up. I will have one as a street cruiser some day, that will of course go down the track. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hi gang, everyone here says hey...I want to see those pics! lol...whoo hoo I get to ride a school bus with Madi to JMU tomorrow to see 1/2 a football game, the first half, watch the band play and eat a huge buffet...4-5 hrs each way...I'm so excited...NOT a happy chaperone lol

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's a little damp out here this mornin. Not goin to slow me down though, I can nap wether it's rainin or not. It might mess with Buddy though, he don't like goin outside in the rain.
hug Michelle! Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,pretty day here in Cana this morning,so glad to get thru the night seemed to work so hard yesternight(MT)in my dreams dang I'm tried............... boring Big Grin..........................

Michelle have fun on the bus ride,wonder if thats kinda like the boat ride, Wink..............wait you said kids was going so not like the boat ride............ I'm stupid.......................
Have fun don't eat to much,youll have fun I know you............. Wink Tongue.................................

Chuck that was a hoe cake (thats what mom used to call it,and still does)kinda of like the Tim McCraw song when a hoe was a hoe,well it's always been a hoe cake just got to be the right kinda of hoe to be a hoe cake,our Friend Guy would have field day out of this one.
Woke up about 3am this morning with a low blood sugar of 50 and ate the rest of that hoe cake,never been so glad to see a hoe(cake)sitting on the stove.................. Hum No No Eyes Big Grin..................................................

Well enough foolishness got to get after it,that it thing keeps running ifn I ever catch up with it I will id it............ Confused...........prayers all over the place and see ya'll atter while.............................. Praying hug Wave....................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Sun is out, and weather looks good for Mason Dixon on Sunday. I'm hoping to bring home a Wally and a turkey, along with a couple bux! Big Grin

Floyd, I hope it doesn't rain too long, or else Buddy will be crossing his legs and doing the dance!

Michelle, I keep conking out when I get home. I'll have to get them up, including the hoe cake now too. Have fun chaperoning! Smile

Mike, all I know is it looked good!

Speaking of our friend Guy... can't believe it's been 2 years. Angel Praying

Happy birthday to Sonya! In 8 days, she officially becomes Christine's daughter in law!

You all have a great weekend, and don't forget to have some ice cream! Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It stopped raining yesterday by 8:00 and tuned into a beautifull day. I don't know when it started but this day is going to dawn wet. Just went and checked, yeah, the windows are up in the truck. I better find the umbrella for Buddy.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug