DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again... but I'm grateful to have it. Had a good weekend, I was off Friday so I was able to pick up my buddy's transmission from Rossler. Saturday was gorgeous here, tons of cars at PRP, lots of awesome rides. I took a big snooze first round of the gamblers race. DOH! But came back for another time hit to focus on the tree, and I think I'm working back to my spot, .009. My buddy and I went and had some great bbq after. Came home and watched the TOC on IHRA.com, saw friends doing great, including my buddy Scotty Campbell making it to the semis in Quick Rod. Sunday, my friends AJ and Brianna had a party for their baby girl, Addison, who turned 1 last week. Always great to get together for happy occasions. I hope you all had a great weekend too!

Michelle, you did great in GA! That's cool you got checked out. I think that's a big compliment!

Mike, sorry to hear about the family drama. That definitely is stressful. I've been there... when my aunt passed a few years back, my cousin's first move? To look in my aunt's purse for cash. It was embarrassing. You hang in there, my friend.

Hope you all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all!
Not a whole lot goin on here on the left coast. Got the hay hauler out of the trailer and goin to put her on jack stands for the winter. Marty has a screwed up shoulder so we probably won't make the Vegas race.
My Dish Network box died on me Friday evenin so I been without tv for the whole weekend. get a new box tomorrow. I been through more movvies than I care to talk about. Only news has been in the paper in the morning and the puter at night. Not the same.
Y'all have a gooden. hug to all the ladies.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,yea Chuck it is embarassing when family acts the way some in my family are acting and Mom is still with us,and instead of making her end of life more enjoyable they want to create stress,I'm going to hang in for Mom,but to be honest I want to gather my things and hit the road,but then I think of Mom and think it would be like throwing her to the wolves,and thats the stressful part for me,so prayers are much apprieciated..................................

Floyd sorry about Marty's shoulder,hope he gets it all fixed up soon.......... Praying........................

Well got to get out and get with it,whatever it may be prayers all around and hope ya'll have a great day.................. Praying hug Wave................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Kinda gray and cool here today. I want a nap. Big Grin

Floyd, I'm the opposite... can't stand TV news, love my daily newspaper. I feel you on the tv being out a little... got home last night, and the cable was out, still out this morning. Couldn't watch the Cards-Giants Mad

Mike, it really is. Like you said, the first thing should be mom's health and comfort. Don't let them win. Sorry you have to go through it... hard enough dealing with mom's health, don't need people adding stress to the situation. Keep hanging in there.

Michelle, forgot to mention your Cryboys... one of the few times I WANT them to win, and they flub it up against the Ravens!! C'mon!!! Big Grin

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,looking nice again today with some rain coming in tomorrow and then clearing up for the weekend,so just maybe, Car............so maybe but I ain't saying................ No No...............................

Sure hope Mouse is ok ain't heard from him in awhile,and hope Susie,Christine,Christina,WA,Ken,and Nicole,now who am I leaving out,if I did I'm sorry,but I hope you're all doing well,and come see us when you can,oh yea Joey,and all our drop ins,hope all is well..................... hug..................................

Well prayers all around and hope ya'lls day is great see you all in awhile............................... Praying hug Wave..........................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! I'm hoping we stay dry for Saturday. I'd like to make some hits and make sure I'm focusing on the tree before we go out to Norwalk on Sunday. I'm hoping your maybe, just maybe, comes through for you Mike!

Missing all our friends, hope they're a good kind of busy. You all have a great day!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone. Sorry I haven't been around more often. I sneak in & read your posts real quick & then get back to work. Fortunately, I have been keeping really busy and need to make money while the opportunity is there. By the time I get home from the office, I don't even want to turn my computer at home on, so I haven't been posting.

Mike, I am sorry to hear about the family problems. I've seen how families can turn on each other over dealing with the care of a sick parent. Sometimes the greed sets in and it can tear a family apart, so very sad. You and Mannie are always in my prayers.

Hey Chuck, too bad you missed that ball game, the Giants took the Cards to the cleaners. It was a great game if you were a Giants fan. There was a lot of screaming & high 5's going on in our house.

Well, we will be traveling to Tennessee next month for our annual pilgrimage. I didn't think we were going to be able to go, but I managed to get the airfare for an incredibly low price, so I said what the heck. November is going to be a really slow month for me. I figured I can sit in Tennessee and make no money as easily as I can sit in Calif and make no money. It is harvest season till the end of October, so I am working lots of hours to make up for the lack of hours next month.

Well, I gotta get back to work. You all have a great day. And know that even if I'm not posting a lot, you are still in my prayers everyday.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hey gang...on the road to ortho w kids, stopping by to say hey & hopefully ill get tp catch up soon..

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,was about to go into fits could'nt get on Drr,don't really know why but it is working now........... Wink...........................

Susie good to hear from you hope you get all your work caught up and have fun on your visit to Tenn.
Sometimes I get worried when I don't hear from all my friends,I know over protective father figure... Tongue............take care and have fun..................................

Michelle,going to the dentist ain't fun,bout have to hog tie Mannie or brib him with goodies............... Hum No No.............but it works............ Big Grin........................

Chuck,how bout our Steelers,liking what they are doing,hoping they get real tuned up for the playoffs,Mannie and myself have a new college team to root for,South Carolina,their punter is a friend of ours son,his name is Tyler Hull,he's the starting punter,I have raced with Tyler and his Dad Jimmy since Tyler was a baby,and watched him grow into a fine punter,whats really cool is he has 3 pro teams looking at him already and he is only in his second yr of school,pretty cool kid to,only bad thing is the coach said no drag racing while playing ball for me,I understand,but Tyler was a jr.dragster champ.and had already won some races in his dads gear-jammer so he's sad over that,but he relizes he has a bright future.........................

Well gotta get at it after my after breakfast nap,prayers all around and hope ya'lls day is great.......................... Praying hug Wave.........................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hoping the weather forecast improves for Saturday. Maybe it's for the best though... got to do some maintenance on the truck to get ready to tow to Norwalk.

Good to see you Susie, glad you are a good kind of busy, and that it will pay for Tennessee next month. That's the good stuff.

Mike, I'd feel better if they had finished off the Raiders and Titans. Just like rounds you should win, those are games they should have won. That's really cool about Tyler.

Prayers to you all... hope you're having a good week. I heard one of my favorite Brad Paisley songs this morning, Little Moments. I hope you all have a great day with little moments that become great memories.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Howdy everyone,hope ya'lls day will be grand,or worth a grand.............. Tongue.............me I have plenty to do,but who knows I may wait for second shift to come in to start my day,thats right I have a second shift in my little business,and in the hot time of year I work alot of third shift,so you never know about me and my plan,but it does keep the days exciting.................... Big Grin.....................................

Well prayers out to you all and I hope your fri.and weekend is the bestest ever know by mankind................... Praying hug Wave..............................................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening All;

Well, I know it has been awhile since I last posted. Been busy, but mostly, didn't have much to say.

Hopin all is well with everyone. suppose I should take some time and catch up on the latest.

Been up to South Dakota to renew my driver's license. Stopped on the way up and the way down to visit with the Grandaughter and her folks. She is such a neat little girl, and she knows how to wrap me around her little finger. I see it coming, but still, just can't resist.

That poor little girl that was kidnapped and murdered lived just a few miles from her, and looks a lot like her. I get so angry when things like that happen. Can't for the life of me understand how anyone can do such things.

Picked up our old motorhome when we left Denver and towed our car back to San Antonio with it. Things went smooth unless we had a stiff cross wind, and then it got a bit dicey.

With the VA trying to run my life, Peg's honey-dos, normal chores, and trying to make this place a bit more livable, haven't had much chance to go racing, but have every intention to make the 3 day Holloween race at San Antonio Raceway next week end. Gonna be a whole lot of learning for me again, but should be fun.

Well, guess I still don't have anything worth while to talk about, so I should leave.

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer
\
Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,cool this sunday morning here in Cana,love this fall weather,cool in the am and warm in the pm............. Big Grin.................

Ken good to hear you have nothing much to talk about,I believe you and I must have alot in common....... Wink.........Mannie says I talk alot to say a little, Tongue.......well thats just the country in me I quess,good to hear you're still hangin around to take care of old whats her names chores,good job,when you have purpose in life,it makes everyday worth getting up,take care bud,I mean Ken........ Tongue...................................

Well prayers all around and I hope ya'lls sunday is a good one................... Praying hug Wave....................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
So Cal weather is really screwy. We go from low 90's to low 70's overnite. I looked out the window yesterday morning and saw water dripping off the roof so I had to run outside in my chonies to roll up the windows in the truck. I didn't see any flashbulbs goin off so everybody must of been asleep.
Not much else to say. hug to all the ladies.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,kinda hard to type this morning injured a hand sat.little finger on left hand came out of joint,had to pop it back in and it's been swollen up every since and a little sore,but it's done this before so just got to live with it,till it gets better.............................

Got to finally go and try the vette out yesterday at pedimonts TnT ran 8.50s like I figured not to fast but fast enough to have fun and thats exactly what Mannie and myself are looking for,some fun,Steve McCreary my friend with all the stock and super-stock cars took his 66 chevelle stocker wagon and ran a combo race did'nt have any success but we had alot of fun and laughed alot so that was good to do................... Big Grin......................................

Well got to do something this day,tractors down for some repairs so all hand and back work this week and maybe get it back about first of next week,mite have an excuse to take the week off and mess with the race cars,since I got a sore hand,don't tell the boss,wait Mannies in school and I'm second in command now.......................... Wink Tongue..............................

Prayers out to you all and have a great day............................ Praying hug Wave..................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again. Looking at a nice day here, cool start, going to 70 and sunny.

Ken, my nieces do the same to me. It's great stuff. I get really angry about that poor little girl too. Why?? What is so wrong that someone has to ruin her life? I hate the evil that exists. I hope you have a great time at SAR.

Floyd, how's the leg? Circulatin'?

Mike, great to hear you got the Corvette out and had some fun. I hope your finger doesn't bother you too much.

Well, I broke the Olds good Saturday. 2nd tt, about the top of 1st gear, about to shift and BANG!!! loud ugly violent noise. I don't know what broke first, rod or crank, but I had oil, water, and trans fluid everywhere. Hole in the oil pan, popped a freeze plug out, sheared at least 2 flexpate to crank bolts.

I've got the best friends in the world. Not only did I have their consolation, but 4 also offered their racercars for me to run at Norwalk this week. I'll be back racing in the Olds in the spring!!

It sucks, and this is going to cost money, but this ain't nuthin'. Like Ken mentioned the murdered little girl above, or a young man who lost his battle with cancer last night, those are real issues, not mine.

You all have a great day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Whoops, Chuck. Ya know what they say, go fast don't last.
The leg is doin fine. The swelling in the calf is all gone, still got a little in the foot. Goin to see the saw bones today to discuss the latest cat scan. Thanks for askin.
Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Chuck; Geez, that brings back some memories. My oil pan has so many repair welds it looks like something out of "Frankinstein's Monster".

Floyd; You want weather? come on down. You can be standing knee deep in water and chokin on the dust. Oh, and be careful flirtin' with the ladies. You know that can lead to trouble.

Mike; know what you mean. Doc says I need to back off a bit and give my hands and feet a break. What's her name agrees..........just as soon as I build her a shed, put the sod in, and get everything ready for the rainy season.

But, on the "Good news/Bad news" scene, Good News, I have the Malibu ready for the big race this weekend. Have all my ducks in a row, so to speak. The bad news is........I have the Malibu ready for the big race this weekend. Have all my ducks in a row, so to speak. So, I no longer have any excuse for why I get spanked out there on the track. Only thing left that ain't workin' right is the dummy behind the wheel. It's a good thing I'am cute (or at least, have cute knees). Life would be Hell if I had to make it on talent.

Well, ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning nice and cool this morning warming up nicely by lunch time,loving this fall weather.......................

Sorry to hear bout the motor Chuck,never a good time for a engine to let go but here at the end of season you will have time to get it ready for next year...............................

Floyd,hope you get a good report on your leg,and take it easy ifn the dr.says too....................

Ken,good luck this weekend and you take care of all of old whats her names to do list and keep the peace that way,you know what they say about mama not being happy.......... Wink Tongue...............................................

Hope all our MIAs are doing ok come and see us if you can,and prayers all around and hope ya'lls day is a gooden................................. Praying hug Wave..................................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday, woo hoo! Heading back out to Norwalk tomorrow. I did take one of my buddies up on his offer of the car. Sunday I was .013, .01 under, to my opponent's .018, dead on 4. Just a tough draw. I plan on lighting some lamps!

Floyd, did they bring in the dog too? You know, for a Lab report?? Tongue

Ken, did the rail bend at all? Been thinking about welding the hole up, but if the rail is going to leak, I'll toss it in with the scrap metal. Take care of yourself, and good luck at SAR.

Mike, nope, but I'm with you, if it was going to happen, this was the time of year for it. Will be out next season with a healthy small block.

You all have a great day!