DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang...beautiful couple of days, maybe I'll find time to catch up soon hug

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll another nice day here in Cana,getting a little dusty,other choice would be muddy so dusty it is............. Wink............................

Hey Chuck Wave,good luck this weekend at the classic,and was that a SB I heard you type,me like SB's................. Tongue..............................

Michelle,ya'll going to the Farm for the jr.race we are planning on going,I hope........................

Well prayers all around and hope ya'lls day is a gooden.......................... Praying hug Wave.........................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everyone. Just stopped in for a minute to say hi & wish you all a great day. It is cold here and been raining for the last couple of days. Had 4 EF1 tornadoes touch down up north of us on Monday. What the heck is that all about, this is supposed to be sunny California. So much snow from this storm, one of the ski resorts is opening on Friday. We went from summer to winter without any fall, crazy.

You all have a great day. Hugs & prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Susie this has been some weird weather you never know what season it is anymore, Confused....................

Took Mom back to the cancer Dr.yesterday for test and to see if the cancer is growing or what, will know the results Mon. the 29th,waiting on that kind of stuff is really hard at this stage so prayers are much needed.................. Praying.......................

Gotta get at it,see ya'll afterwhile,sure hope Mouse is ok,ain't seen him in awhile,prayers to all you folks and we'll catch ya'll in the morning.............. Praying hug Wave...................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Afternoon All;

Hey Mike, know what you're feeling. Seems like I am always waiting on the results of some test or scan. Just got the results of my last scan. No good news, and no bad news. According to my Doc, the lack of bad news is good news, so I guess it was good news after all. BUT, since there is a lack of good news, and a lack of bad news, which is really good news, We have decided that we don't know if the chemo is still working, so I am off the sauce for two months. Gonna keep a close eye on things and see if the tests show an improvement (not likely), no change, or things start to grow or spread. I am not sure just how I feel. I do know that I would like the tumors to go away (now there's a news flash). But, at the same time, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Hoping to get some strength and energy back during my two months off the chemo. Maybe have a better attitude when decision time comes again.

Anyway, after the VA, spent the remainder of the day with the motor home and trailer. Got lots done. Still have one little job to do tomorrow before we make the short tow to the track. As I mentioned in a earlier post, I think I have all my ducks in a row, so the only issue on race day will be the dummy behind the wheel. Actually, I am feeling pretty confident. The car is a bit more consistant at the 1/8 mile than the 1/4 mile. And since this is a 1/8 mile event, I should be the new media darling of the drag race universe. Maybe I should get a hair cut and a manicure.........no, I will get both of them cut, and insist on a personicure. It is the 21 century after all, and there is no room for outdated gender biased terminaligy.

Well, I think those two beef, bean, and green chili burritos I had on the way back have finally settled, so time for me to take a nap.

Ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Few minutes after midnight, that qualifies, right? Absolutely gorgeous day here in Norwalk, good hits on the tree, just want the car to stay consistent, and I've got a shot at getting some engine money. Tomorrow is the 128 car no box gamblers, then main event starts Saturday. Hoping it just stays dry, so we can race.

Susie, it wasn't until the last 10 years or so around here, we never thought we'd see tornadoes, especially with the hilly topography. That has changed. Scary stuff.

Mike, yep, don't have another big block, and do have 2 SBO sitting in my garage, so that's what I'll build. Just looking to go 12.0s and be on pump gas. Prayers for mom.

Maybe tornado talk with bring Mouse out? Or if we rip on the 'Noles?? Big Grin

Ken, I think that's good news too. I hope you continue to get good news. Good luck this weekend!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,good luck Chuck,have fun Ken you are a mess and I enjoy your comments and hope all works in your favor with you health stuff and have fun this weekend,and make sure old whats her name is comfortable and having fun,you know when Mom ain't happy ain't nobody happy............. Wink.................................

Got to get out and try to finish a chore for Mom this morning,building her a top on her well house a place for her to work in her flowers and love doing stuff for Mom while she can enjoy it............ hug....................................

Prayers all around and I sure hope ya'll's day is great and have fun ifn you are racing or just sitting.................... Praying hug Wave.....................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Mike,looks like rain here oh well,just gotta love it,better than not being,hope you have a fine day,and prayers all around.............. Praying hug Confused Wave.......................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Our weather out here on the left coast has decided to change again. Supposed to be 90* and the santa ana winds are supposed to pick up Ma Nature just can't make up her mind. That's okay with me, I prefer warm to cold.
Mikey, don't get your feet wet. You might take root.
Y'all have a gooden. hug to all the ladies. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning;

Hopin' things are well with all.

Well, first day at the track was certainly interesting. At 2:00 pm, it was raining hard enough to almost close the interstate due to standing water. By 3:00, when the track opened, it was over, and the race went on as planned.

Didn't do real well in T-N-T. Concensus is the track was a bit slick. Anyway, we thought we pretty much had a handle on our dial and dialed 6.0 . But, there was a dragster crash right at the end of time trials, and by the time things were cleaned up, the track temp was below 70, so the race was put off until today. Gonna be another interesting day. It is a bit of a challenge for me to keep pace with a single event, but two events at the same time may be my undoing. We shall see.

Other than that, all is well. Motorhome, trailer, and car are performing as intended. Driver is a bit off, but that is to be expected.

Ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!!1

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang, time to batten down the hatches for Sandy here, don't like the cold weather coming in but maybe it will leave soon.
So much going on, trying to get caught up at work & home now that we are through for the season. Pretty happy with where we ended up in the div, allstars for now, & even the SC natl when we hadn't planned on running points this year & then tried to get the min in at the end. Kids are ready for a schedule next year that will include a lot more racing for them Smile
We didn't make Farm Mike, broke a rod in our generator at Reynolds, but can't complain p'bly 5-6k hours on a gas gen. Looking for parts or repair if you know of one around here & checking to see what deals are out there now on the inverters.
Hope Mom gets a good report too. How is everything Floyd, hope you are doing well...any plans to go to PRI? Chuck, that's some bad luck, hope you are ok.
Been thinking about you Ma B...forever 53 <3 . Susie, can't wait for you guys to move East so we can get together, hope you guys are surviving the storms out there. Ken hang in there, our thoughts are with you.
thinking of our good friend, Mike White who lost his Mom, 91 years of being a wonderful person.
Wishing you all a beautiful Sunday...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sunday evening folks,a little late getting in this morning,hope everyone has a great day and prayers to you all my friends.................. Praying hug Wave...........................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning friends,lots of stuff blowing around this morning,the wind sure did rock the old mini-winnie lastnight,there are stuff moved around that I forgot I had,now I got to go and hide it from myself again............ Banging Head Hum Big Grin..............................

Still no word from Mouse anyone seen him on facebook,I hope he's ok,and the other MIA's hope they're ok too,prayers sent to each and everyone of them............ Praying...........................

Well going out and gather all the stuff the wind has blow around and then head to Mom's cancer Dr.this afternoon,so much needed prayers for her,ya'll have a good day.............................. Praying hug Wave........................................................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Speakin of 90 year old mothers mine called last nite and said if you're out runnin around pick me up some water and TP and bring it by.
No PRI for me, Michelle. Marty will be there and he's on his way to SEMA as we speak. That boy has too much energy, no way I could hang with him.
Take care of mon, Mikey.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon, all! Recuperating from the weekend. Snoozed bad in the gamblers Friday, wasn't focused. At least my dude was .009, so it was going to be a tough round. Won 1st round Saturday, rain came Saturday night, started to run Sunday, rain came. Pull cards in the tent to finish the race, and I lost 2nd rd. Frustrating not to be able to finish it on the track, but I understand there isn't any alternative. Sandy screwed things up. White knuckle tow home, crosswind a lot of the way, but no problems.

Mouse, outside of rooting for the Redskins yesterday, is sounding fine on FB.

Floyd, after it being 80 and beautiful at Norwalk Thursday, and then 40s with a biting wind and stinging rain, I'm definitely with you on preference for warm.

Prayers for mom, Mike!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Kinda quiet on here. How are our friends in PA and VA doin? Mikey, is the minnie winnie holdin up okay to the rain and wind?
Y'all be carefyull and good luck.
Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hopin' everyone is doing well. Things here are.

So anyway, our first high dollar race weekend is in the books. We had a lot of fun, but not to much success.

My best pass was a 5.955 on a 5.95 dial, with a .004 light. Problem was, the .004 was just a bit on the red side of the tree. Second race on Saturday, paired against a guy that liked head games, and it worked. Took him about a week to stage, and needing a new way to lose a race, I left on his stage light.

Sunday was going well with a 6.059 and a 6.057, but the water pump seized up sometime twix run one and run two. So, figured I could make one pass, maybe two without a water pump, but the way my weekend was going, no sense taking the risk.

All in all, it was a good weekend. Made a few new friends, learned a few things, and got a few things fixed, adjusted, or replaced. Oh, and my Packers won.

Lots of bad things happening on the East Coast. Hopin' all those in that area are safe and well.

Ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,Floyd the minnie-winnie is still here,but it did move around alot,we had'nt had alot of rain yet a little mixed with snow flurries,there was a couple of times I was woke up by the wind moving the minnie around and thought I was on that christmas journey that we made a few years ago out to see you and our old friend Guy.Speaking of Guy I found a e-mail I saved of one of his jokes about the pecan tree in the graveyard,and had a good laugh and at that time I needed one real bad,so Guys mission of having fun and making folks laugh lives on..................... Angel Laughing ..................................

Mom cancer dr.app.went I quess ok yesterday,the cancers not growing any,has got more colorful so the dr.said so it's still alive,but still no chemo,because he's affraid of messing with her heart,he says you can do ok living with the cancer,as long as it ain't growing, but you can't live without your heart,so he bid us a fond ado till 4 months another scan and check it then,I don't know it all seems kinda confussing to me,but we will carry on...................................

Well prayers to you all and have a fine day......................... Praying Wave.....................................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Wet and windy here yesterday on the Pittsburgh side of the state, more wet today, with winds down to about 10mph on occasion. I'm waiting to hear from my brother outside of Philly how they're doing, my youngest sister in Charleston SC, and a dear friend on Long Island. I did discover, by the seat of my pants, that my windshield seal in the hot rod Cavalier wagon it leaking. Yay.

Ken, I really don't like staging games. I always root against the one playing games. Glad you had a good time. I'm betting it felt pretty good to be back in the car?

Mike, I sure do miss our friend Guy. Glad to hear the cancer did not grow. All I can say though is if mom doesn't like the doc's opinion, go get a 2nd one from a different doc. I sure hope she's feeling better.

Today is my best friend Doug's birthday. He moved his mid 12s Nova around for winter storage Saturday, and his little boy Nolen was clapping and loving the sound of it. That's good stuff!

Back to work for me, time to get back into the routine... you all have a great day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone it's in the low 40's here not to bad for the way the way the weather is everywhere else and the sun is trying to come out,so ain't really to bad but I quess it's according to who you ask,prayers out to all those affected by the storm Sandy.................. Praying............................

Well going to get after it this morning lots to pickup and clean up from the winds so onward and upward,prayers to you all my friends and have a great day...................... Praying hug Wave............................................................