DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

All ready to get after it. Goin to the March Meet old school.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looking awesome Floyd.

Guys I realize I haven't been on in awhile. I hope you all are doing well. Car is coming along. Here are some pics. Trim around windows being painted black, same with front and rear bumpers. Cecil opens up real soon, so need to get to testing.

20170212_094817 by rharnsbergerjr, on Flickr

20170212_094802 by rharnsbergerjr, on Flickr

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Winter is back for a few days. Wind was huffin' and puffin' hard last night. It looks like around my place, things were ok, but there were places with damage, trees down, etc.

Nick, I never really to do A-B-A testing with the hood on and off, to see if it made an ET difference. I think the one day I did run with it, compared to the week before without it, it was pretty comparable.

1258, looking good. Is the car ready to go otherwise? Carb swap? It's wild Cecil is able to open that early, and close that late. They're not really that far away, and it's more eastern than southern.

Floyd, I dig it!! Have a blast out there!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning you guys... Spring has broke in out here in the west all ready with the mesquite going into bloom. I'm already missing the winter, going to be in the 80s this weekend. Sorry Fern I know you told me to lay off the weather but not much is going on , well a Division 7 race is happening at Wild Horse Pass. I'm over a three day race, going down the track twice in the first two. In my book that's just not funny , what is worst is a 800 mile tow to do the same....

Chuck, I have done it more than once (Hood off and on same day testing), I even will screw with racers by leaving the hood plug in sometimes. They start thinking " he is a dummy and going to slow down, can only do this to out of towners as the locals all know my game..LOL"
You just gotta change it up to keep them wondering.

Camaroracer , Looking real good, when I did mine I paint it satin but bumpers, window trim and side markers I did a slightly shinny for a little contrast. Hope you get to race this year, but with the kids I'm sure you have your hands full. Good Luck

Floyd, I'm sure your already on your way, but truck looks great and have a fun weekend... Good Luck too

Everyone have a great Day...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
178 we were 80 here yesterday in NC. Mine slowed down with the hood off and since I have always had the carb sealed to the scoop if I leave the plug in its a joke. Won't hardly even run. I like that fresh air getting in there. This scoop is way lighter than the old one. I sent Chuck a pic he might share. Free race this week at Rockingham but I am going to FL in the morning to see the Grand kids. I will try to be at Pageland next week (Mar 11) for the first points race then VMP for the St. Patrick's race. Going for a load of slicks in between. Good luck Floyd and Chuck you should ride over to Cecil some tome, nice track. The wagon trying to look like Brock Mosier Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Mine slowed down with the hood off and since I have always had the carb sealed to the scoop if I leave the plug in its a joke. Won't hardly even run. I like that fresh air getting in there. This scoop is way lighter than the old one. Big Grin

Fern, I failed to give some very important information about the way my car is setup. The carb is not sealed off , so that would make a big difference and I did not mention that in earlier post. My mistake, the reason I have not done it is that the car runs 10.teens and I never wanted to have all the extra certs and licensing for 9.99. Funny how hard it is the slow a car down and still be consistent....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My car is in the 6.30s in the 1/8. If I leave in 2nd gear it slows .27 but only loses about 1mph. Then I can deep stage and lose some more. That's with a T-400 trans but I used to do the same thing with a glide-leave in high. They think you are nuts when you dial up a bunch for no good reason.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Winter again, dusting of snow and wind chills in the teens. Lousy Smarch. Looking forward to getting stuff done this weekend.

Nick, for sure, got to play the game. I don't need 80s, but if you want to send some sunshine this way, we'll take it.

Fern, I'll get it posted, should be this weekend. I haven't been home much this week after work. I've been to Cecil, but not since 2012, for the Harrington Memorial footbrake race. I'd love to go again, but work has gotten in the way since.

It's that time again. You all have a great weekend! Ice cream! Lt. Dan, I got you some ice cream!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon guys.. Just left work beer in hand , if your going to the track have a great time. I'll be killing weeds all weekend , might have time to service the car and do a little cleaning for coming up team race. Lots of freinds at Div 7 race.

Have A Great Weekend .... Still wanting for my Rocky road !!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all!
Got our one and only qualifying pass in today. Eliminations first thing tomorrow. I'm happy. Left the same setup as before, launch rpm, shift rpm, lift before the finish line . 60' times picked up, 330 time picked up, lifted a little earlier than before. Ran a 10.633 on the 10.60 index. Killed about 12 mph. Tomorrow we are going to add 2 clicks to the front shocks and change to a 4400 rpm launch. Gotta get the reaction time under control.
More tomorrow. But, I'm quite happy. As soon as I get the pictures I will post them. Marty did a video that looks real good.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern is in FL. Sun shine and warm Chuck. Nice job Floyd. Get rt done Mr weed killer. Everyone enjoy the weekend you all.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Here you go Fern. I don't think I ever posted the GTO pic either.

[IMG]http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww134/steelcitydragrace/IMG_1170_zps4lviipza.jpg"> [/IMG]

[IMG]http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww134/steelcitydragrace/IMG_0513_zps1ozwrpkc.jpg"> [/IMG]

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Great job Floyd ! He failed to say he qualified # 10 out of the 40 cars. Good luck and have a great time ,,,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hi guys ,
The day didn't go to well. Went out to my crew cab in the parking lot at the Hotel and some terrier boisterous the passenger side rear window and stole all our sh$t. Equipment bag with -15 Simpson fire suit, neck collar and gloves, helmet bag with Simpson carbon fibre helmet, weather station, GPS, back up camera, tool box and my potatoe chips.
Then the truck didn't like the changes and we were out first round. Bad day in bedrock.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Dang Floyd I am sorry Frown Maybe your insurance will help. Your truck runs good and will get better I am sure. It looks great Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,
Marty had bought a real nice picture of the launch and them tweakers stole that too. I asked the photographers if we could get another cause the first one got stole and they said they would. They brought it to our pit and wouldn't let me pay for it. They said sorry for your loss.
How cool is that.
We called Safelite and they came out to the track and put in a new window. Quick too. We called at noon they were there by 1-30 and done by 2-30.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Decent weekend here, trying to get stuff cleaned up and fixed up around the house. I'd been letting some stuff pile up and needed to get on top of it.

Floyd, that SUCKS!! Gawd I hate thieves!!! Even took your potato chips, man, that's just wrong. I'm really sorry, my friend. Bummer about the first round runner up too. Very cool the photographers were that awesome.

Nick, I hope you were productive in your chores.

Fern, I hope you are having a good time in FL. Send some sunshine north, please. Are the pics showing for you (and everyone)? I don't see them on my pc. Photobucket is ticking me off lately.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Can't see the pics Chuck. Thought it was my phone---Heading home now

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Drying up a little here now, after a day of rain. Going to dinner tonight with my parents, they just got back from a month in St. Augustine.

Fern, shoot, I'll see what's going on. Photobucket has been ticking me off. I hope you had a good time in FL.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
Doin a mental inventory of stuff stolen is a *****. So far I've got about 5200 bucks worth of stuff not including the 6.99 for the potato chips. The toolbox is the hardest part. We will see how good AARP Hartford insurance is.
Y'all have a gooden.