DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Buddy got a reprieve, his vet is sick..

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Surgery back on for Buddy, his vet went to see his own doctor and is all better. Mine is off till I get a new chest stay and more current blood work. Sh$t!

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Here's a lot of staples on a little dog. He came through it pretty good though.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was, just no racing. Went up Friday night to test and tune, got to see the start of it, then a drizzle just wouldn't go away. We got rained out Saturday. Still had good times with friends both days. My best friend's son had his first Holy Communion yesterday, so it was good to see his family and hang out, on a really nice day.

Floyd, I'm glad Buddy is taken care of, and on the mend. I hope you can get your stuff taken care of pretty quick, and get the cataracts taken care of.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Went to Norfolk to a military function. Went up Wend and came back Fri then went to Baltimore Sat morning to a wedding at 3. Stopped at engine builders on the way home in Richmond and got back here at noon today. Whew!!! Since I was there I visited Capitol raceway after the wedding and the cluster f--- I saw there was unbelievable. Place was packed but no one knew what was going on and a lot of silence instead of cars going down the track. They hit curfew after 3rd round.....Nice track having some problems and racers I talked to for the most part were unhappy as were the people in the stands. Might have been a couple of Mod racers there--at least 2 that I talked to. Darn shame. Motor now going to builder Wend. He thinks that is best--NO CHARGE Big Grin works for me. Hope everyone had a good weekend

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,

Got to the blood lab at 4-45 this morning and I was #7 in line. Went home waited for diagnostics lab, got there at 7-30 and was #4 in line. Home by 8-05. All done. Should get the cataract done next Monday. Then I'll be counting pubic hairs on flies.
Y'all have a golden.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Crazy weather pattern we're in. 80s on Saturday and Sunday, warm yesterday until the storms blew through, and we're in a cool and rainy stretch for a week plus now. Forecast doesn't look good for this weekend.

Fern, man, you're getting stuff done. Were you at Capitol Saturday? One of the ROP guys had his '66 street car there. That's awesome the builder is taking care of you like that. I'm wondering what he'll find.

Floyd, good deal, and lmao off at that line. Big Grin I'll have to remember that one.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was at Capitol Chuck--awful. Talked to a friend at the Fling this morning and he also thought Bradshaw had lost his mind.....Motor got delayed a day---Daughters Birthday Wend so I'll take motor Thursday......Floyd Buddy got some neat stitches. When my Jack got ate up by the Pit Bull he had 154 stitches and 4 tubes hanging out of him when he got out of vet and he survived. Buddy will be ok. Got to get to work, everyone have a good day

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Should get the cataract done next Monday. Then I'll be counting pubic hairs on flies.

This statement had me rolling on the ground laughing..... Floyd where did you come up with that? .....LMAO

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! This wet and cool weather pattern is depressing. I'm hoping it at least changes to dry and cool, so we can race, but that looks like a long shot.

Fern, happy birthday to your daughter. Shame to hear about Capitol being that bad. Dave Raser posted in his Cecil County results thread that it seems like the Capitol racers went to CC.

Nick, I hope all is well out in the desert. Send some dry weather east, please! Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All.. Happy Hump day, how we all doing... Dang going to see 100 weather this week with 5% humidity, way to hot this is still spring....

Floyd, how is Buddy doing? Hope he is resting and felling better.

Chuck , just send us some of that wet down here will you . Your package of heat must of got lost, sent it UPS.... I'll track it for you....Hahaha

Have A Great Day !

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Motor loaded and ready to go after I do my fatherly duties. Had to put a new battery in the F150. It was only 11 years old. Hope everyone is good

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Buddy is doing fine. Getting a little fussy about what he eats but I will humor him till he gets his staples out. Then he either eats what I give him or he does without.

Fern, I know what you mean about attacks. My Chewy, God rest his soul, was attacked by an Akita and he got 150 stitches too. He recovered fine which is what Buddy will do. Actually the staples in Buddy seem til be a better option. They are holding tight and don't seem to bother him.

Red, I've got a miliion of them. They just pop into my head. Gets me in trouble sometimes. LOL

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like the rain moves in later today, and sticks around into Sunday. I was hoping the track would make Sunday a test and tune, so I could get some hits. I should have my heap back together tonight, Saturday morning at the latest if we by chance get to race. Forecast really looks bad though.

Nick, sheesh, I'm reaching for the AC just reading 100 degrees. That is way too hot. If we get that hot here, it's typically with high humidity too, so it gets even more uncomfortable. I'll send the wet out to you once your package of dry gets here! Big Grin

Fern, that battery sure didn't owe you anything. I hope it goes well today at the builder.

Floyd, great to hear Buddy is doing good. I know what you mean about things popping into your head getting you into trouble.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Well Guy's Good Morning... looks like most of us are still hitting the key board and that's good! Its going to be a cool 98 today, Friday back to 101 and then Saturday we will see a real cool down 93 ( thanks Chuck must have got colder because of YOU ) This weekend is Tucson Dragway Reunion, All races will be No/E so I will not be racing. Be heck I'm still going to TNT all day getting ready for the following weeks Wild Horse Pass Team race in Super Pro and also same day SS/T race. After my tranny a couple weeks ago I want to make sure the car is right, plus I need to dial in throttle stop settings. Its been 5 weeks since been to the track, feels more like 5 months. Sure hope I know how to get there....Hahaha

Chuck, your weather out there must have wondering if your in a rain forest, hope you make so pass's this weekend...

Fern, Dang an 11 year old battery!!! You sure did get your money's worth out of that one.

Floyd, Happy to hear Buddy is doing good, I bet if you cook some that fabulous beef you have shown in the past Buddy would be happy to eat some....

Lookin For The Weekend... Have A Great Day Guy's....

Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! I'm feeling like Forrest Gump... "and then all it did was rain." Not looking like we'll get much of a break until later Sunday. Another weekend with no racing. Hopefully the forecast treats us better for next weekend.

Nick, I'm trying to get this weather shipped to you, but there's a lot to package! Big Grin Good luck if you're testing this weekend.

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!
Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
got the motors to Virginia yesterday and hope to get one back by next weekend----up and back in one day....Plenty of friends at the fling so I may visit tomorrow......you all have a good day

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! I'm hard at work , been a monster week going on... be glad to get out of here real soon, doing to lunch at 1:00 and not coming back.... LOL

Chuck, come on I need that Fed-X am delivery for Monday morning, use as many boxes as you need too...

Fern, Thanks just not fair, you can go to Spring Fling while I have to watch on my computer .....

Camaroracer, You doing ok.. seems we have hear much from you, hope your work is going well.

Back to watching the Fling , Have a Great Weekend to all!!! HMMMM

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys hope you all are doing well. Got one client waiting on pre-approval to make offer on a house and another client that wants to look at some and then probably make an offer asap.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern went to the Fling yesterday for awhile. Got to spend a few min with my friends Jed Pennington and had dinner at Bertozzis cookout with Jeff Verdi.....cold over there for this time of year. Felt bad for my friend Richard Alford losing at 4 cars because he had to lift, that was Turtle Brannons "luck" round for sure because Richard had him well covered at the tree. Sure were a lot of people I knew there. Talked to John DeBartolomeo editor of Drag Racing magazine for awhile about the "old" days racing up in Div 1. Good stuff as I always like to see the "old" guys. You all have a good day and watch the Fling on your computer, Mark Walters bunch sets the standard for drag racing coverage.