DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll polish the wheels myself.
Speaking of generators, back when we got the pace trailer we bought a 8500 watt generator, one of those chinese ones. We ran it all day at the track one day but left it in the generator cabinet with the door open. Well, it over heated and shut off and never started again. A neighbor of mine came over yesterday, saw it and said a friend of his ownes the company that imports them. I told him what happened and he called his friend and they are going to waranty it, even after 4 years. Now I will have generators all over the place. And our power never goes out.
You take it easy with that foot with all the runnin around you got to do. I' thinkin of you. Praying

Posts: 4818 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again, oven door got closed up a little, but it's still hot. Sorry to hear about people getting whacked with storms. It happened up here too, my friends were without power for 2 days. It did cool things off a little for Saturday, and I'm thankful for that. Got a couple round wins, before spinning in 3rd round. I was behind on the tree by .02, but the stripe would have been .00x, could go either lane, if I did my math right. Feeling good though, hopefully getting in a groove for the WFC.

Floyd, got a pic of your old '57, and your brother's car? I love wagons. Good to hear they are taking care of your generator.

Susie, I think it was YB where I saw a thread on Lisa, but it hasn't been bumped up lately. Please let us know how she does. I hope the bbq and birthday party was a good time for all.

Mouse, saw some of the pics, way cool. I hope you are having a great vacation.

Ken, good to hear things are well. And you can always rent a boat, lot harder to rent a 9, maybe 8, second race car! I hope the meds help the chemo beat the tumors. When do you get to race next?

Mike, I hope all the appointments work out with good news this week. Racers sure are the best people. You keep taking care of the foot, mom, and Mannie.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of dragdavis36
posted Hide Post
Morning from WAY up North, y'all!

It was a HOTT weekend for us! No 100 degrees, but when it breaks 80, we're all sweating! I sure fit in. People wonder how I made it growing up in the south, considering I go jogging in 30 degree weather and break a sweat and I am burning up!

Hope mom is doing better, Mike! I will keep sending prayers! Have a great week, everyone!

Posts: 719 | Location: AK | Registered: April 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Afternoon gang.
Wish y'all could join us. We are having a great time.
Sun, beach, ocean, and good food. What more could you ask for.
See y'all later.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning all,going to stay in the 90's here for the next little while,so I mite as well love it.............. Wink......................

Christina I sweat in the winter time when it's pretty cold out,and in the summer time I need windshield wipers on my glass Tongue.................................

Mouse if you're like me you be careful on that beach and don't get burned,I take my shirt off under a 100 watt bulb and get red as a red delicious apple.................. I'm stupid..............................

Thank you all again for the prayers for my family,we have had a time of it lately,but it's all good I know the good Lord has it all under controll.......................

Prayers all around and ya'll have a great day................. Praying Wave.................................

Floyd that hay hauler would look good with black wheels on it,you would'nt believe what magic I can do with a can of spray paint,the good thing about spray paint over antidizing(sp)is you can change colors whenever you want................. Hum No No Cool.......................................

Wave Chuck,warming up ain't hard in this weather you should be red hot comes bristol........................ Wink...................................

Calling Michelle,calling Michelle,you have a call on line 8.90and or 10.90................................ Car................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Kind of a Friday, with Independence Day tomorrow. I thought more people would be off and it would be a bit quieter around here, but nope, still busy. No complaints though, grateful to be where I am, and the AC is free. Big Grin

Christina, do you use the Southern drawl in Alaska? Drop some "y'all" around?

Mouse, I go in less than 4 weeks, can't wait to spend the time with family, and relax.

Mike, sure isn't hard warming up in this weather, hopefully I can do it on the track too. I'd like one of those big checks from Bristol. Stop on by!

2 new babies Monday, Sarah and Rick Baehr, and Jim and Meagan Feaster, both couples had girls, both first child. Good stuff!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
just got the call Mike lol...hi gang, sorry I just haven't had time to yell at you guys...we lost power at our elderly complex (the one that had the fire couple yrs ago) and most of them wanted to stay rather than leave so we've been putting in 12-16 hr days trying to get our work done (lots coming up this month with out of town seminars/vacation/jr dragster conf finals) and trying to keep ice, food, snacks, insulin, breathing treatments etc on hand for the 25 or so of the 40 who wanted to stay put. Really gives you a good feeling to do nice things for people in need.
Speaking of generators, couldn't buy one from here to South Carolina this week, still lots without power, bad situation & esp for those guys working 16 hr days in long sleeves, boots, rubber gloves trying to get it all restored. We are lucky we live on a line with the hospital and only lost ours for about 30 mins or so.
Great to see you Susie, been missing you and thanks for the great things you said hug to you and the rest of the gang...Floyd, Mike, Chuck, Christina, Dennis, Ken...
I'll try to get some pics uploaded of our wedding Chuck, almost 25 yrs ago (8-15-87) we were in our frds 55 nomad wagon, with my Dad's 2 55's, then his 56, then our 57 Chevy making a pretty cool procession around town after the wedding...wow does time ever fly!

take care gang...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Happy 4th to everyone.
Mike, I've got just enough Indian in me, that I just turn brown.
Prayers to everybody and y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys and gals,looking to be as hot as the the 4th of july,wait it is the 4th of july Happy 4th of July everybody,and thanks to the guys and gals that keep us free and let us do the things we do................ hug.........................

Mouse I just get a farmers tan if my shirt comes off I'm burned,ya'll have fun................... Ice Cream...........................

Prayer out to all my friends and hope ya'll's 4th is a great one................. Wave Praying hug..............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Randy Larson
posted Hide Post
Mornin boys and girls. Another hot one here too. Been workin lately rehabbin apts in "crack town" for a private invester. NO A/C of course, very few windows or ventilation. It's almost cooler to step outside in the sun.

Sorry to hear some of you are without power. I have several 200 amp transfer switches in stock. If anybody needs one I'd be happy to let you have it at my wholesale cost, plus shipping. I imagine they are all sold out of these by now in the stricken areas.

Have a good one.

Foot brake racers think "outside the box"

Posts: 1742 | Location: Pompano Beach, FL | Registered: June 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,yea Randy the power thing is tough if you have someone sick in your family or small children,and we've had both,but we have made it threw,they are some folks I hear on up in the mts. that are still without power and they'res not a generator to be bought in the two surrounding states,but maybe today or by fri.they will all be back on line......................

Going to be hot a few more days and then cooling a little,off to take mom for her bio.this morning to see with kind of cancer she has and then the waiting game begins again,waiting is really tough on mom,too much time to think about it all.................

Prayers to you all and have a great day,we'll see ya'll in the morning................................. Praying hug Wave...............................................

DRR Pro
Picture of Randy Larson
posted Hide Post
You know Mike, after I typed my last post, I left my air conditioned house, and got into my air conditioned truck, to drive to my air conditioned office, and eventually a non air conditioned job. I thought of my son and what his job has been like the past year. All of a sudden, my job doesn't seem so hot anymore.

So sorry to hear about your mom. Have you talked to Tommy Johnson SR.? Father of the nitro driver. He was supposed to be dead 12 years ago from cancer. He wrote a book about his experiences, and what he did to beat it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Randy Larson,

Foot brake racers think "outside the box"

Posts: 1742 | Location: Pompano Beach, FL | Registered: June 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
I too think of our troops over there keeping our freedom,and while I'm cooling off in the a/c I think what special folks they all must be and the phase love your neighbor comes to mind,tell your son thank you from old Country boy Mike and Mannie................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a fun 4th of July. I was helping my buddy wrench on his car, kind of a thrash. Sure is hot, but I also think about the soldiers, in full gear, or the emergency crews who get called out for whatever reason, and say a little prayer for them. Going to Norwalk tomorrow to watch, and I think after sportsman elims, I'll be hiding from the sun til Pro Mods roll out. Then back at PRP Saturday for our Night of Fire, and I'll be hiding from the sun there too. I'll be sloshing from all the water I'll be drinking.

Michelle, that sounds like a way cool procession! My friends Steve and Ann did that. His '70 Chevelle, his best man's '69 Barracuda, and groomsman's '71 Cadillac Hearse, plus all hot rods leaving the church did burnouts.

Stop by Bristol next week, Michelle and Mike! Big Grin Sorry you aren't making this one Randy.

You all stay hydrated and cool!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning,busy day,prayers to all and have a great day.............................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hi gang, i'm with Mike very busy day...hopefully going to the beach to enjoy some much needed r&r next week but was looking forward to goin and hanging out with the guy that is winning the wfc Cool...way cool Chuck, hope you're still having a grt time Dennis...so true Randy, many thxs to your son & those guys who give so much & sometimes give all!

Floyd hug

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, good evening all. Hope everyone is doing well and having fun.

Just a few moments ago, we set "condition xray" on the race traier. Everything is strapped down and ready to role. We are taking the car to a small car show tomorrow, then going to put the whole thing in storage until we can get to San Antonio and see how this thing will run in good air. Haven't got the harness back from being recertified yet, but it should be here either tomorrow or Monday.

Other than that, everything is going well. It has cooled a bit, but still hot and muggy.

Something to think about. I saw on TV that our Sun will be morphing into a "red giant", and will grow beyond the orbit of Mercury and Venus. That means it will get very hot and sunny here on Earth. I would suggest getting a supply of sun block and wide brims hats. You really don't need to rush, but give it some thought. This can happen within the next 3 to 5 billion years, so plan ahead.

Well, I've warned you, so now I can rest

later

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,Ken I'm good,I got the hat,bring it on............ I'm stupid................

Prayer all around and I hope ya'll have a great weekend................. Praying Wave...........................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornn Y'all!
It's warm here today also. Not as bad as what some of you are getting.
Gotta get the flat trailer ready to go to Sacramento Friday. I'm leaving the box trailer home, it's a pain in the ass to load and since I'm going by myself I won't need the mini truck. I'll just take my scooter. Besides, it's 400 miles to Sac and I get a lot better mileage with the flat trailer. I've discovered that my new truck don't shift into 6th gear in tow mode till I hit 65 mph. I don't like to tow over 62 with that heavy box.
Y'all have a gooden. Stay cool. Red Face
hug Michelle and all the ladies.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4818 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone! Trying to catch up with all the posts. I am sending my strength and prayers to all those who need them.

It was nice to see you Chuck, but sorry we didn't converse a lot last night. In fact, it was nice to see everyone, and the fireworks were spectacular as always!

Well things are starting to settle down a little. I am content in my new home. School is still taking a lot of my time, but I'm okay with it!

Michelle, I am so happy for you! What a year! Just keep going!

Mike, my thoughts are with you and your Mom!

Okay, lots to do today! Take care, be safe, stay cool, and praying everyone who lost power will get relief very soon!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post