DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Trying to will my Buccos back to their winning ways. It worked last night, back to 10 games over .500 and stayed at 1 back of the Reds. I love baseball. Good night last night too, met up with the Denikers, Christine, and a bunch of friends for my buddy Scotty's birthday.

Ken, I feel for you. I hope you continue to get good news. Getting in the car always feels like good medicine to me, hope it is for you too. I agree, work smarter, nap more. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Chuck;

Just to be clear. I am doing fine. The cancer itself has not had any effect on me or my lifestyle. The Chemo, on the other hand, has changed how we live, but just in the sense that we spend more time than I like at the VA. Oh, by the way. Other than not having the cancer in the first place, I could not be happier with how the VA is treating me. I truely feel special there.

I truely feel blessed. I have and am having a great life. Most, if not all of my "adventures" were caused by my own stupidity, or short comings. I have a great family that still talks to me. I haven't lost anyone early. Everyone in my family and most of my friends seem to live a long and happy life.

While I do appreciate all the prayers and nice thoughts of the good people on here, I am probably underserving of such compasion.

I mostly post on here just to vent a bit, and all this chemo is now a big part of my life, and racing is right there in second.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but i'm ready for this heat to go. Suppose to be over 100 for another week around here.
Chuck, I didn't go Saturday. My son has been bugging me for awhile for me to take him to a movie, so that won over. From what I've read, it sounds like it was a good thing too. Along with running us, they ran a outlaw streetcar race also and I guess it turned into a major cluster hump. They ran the final of No Box at 3:30 that morning. This was after they opened the gates at 5:00 that Saturday evening.
I'll be there this Saturday, unless we all have heat stroke before that.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Got some rain moving through yesterday and into tomorrow, knocking the temps down some, thankfully. I hope you all that need rain get some soon. I know it's been pretty dry up here the last couple of months.

Ken, I gotcha. I f'n hate cancer, and will root for everyone fighting it to beat it. Sounds to me like you have a great attitude, and I feel the same way about all I've got and how humbling that is.

Mouse, that sure sounds like a major cluster hump. I hope you get some relief from the temps, and can race fairly comfortable this weekend.

I put a pic up of the Denikers in the WFC thread. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning all,been mia for a few days,I figure most everyone knows why,Ken I know what you're saying loud and clear things can look tough in our lives,but just visit the cancer centers and the heart drs. a time or two and it can make whats going on around your life seem little, well not so bad,but as I've always said my toe ache is my toe ache............ Hum..........................
Moms hanging in there,having those two and three days of up and downs pretty reg.now,working with the heart dr.to get the heart strong enough to attack the cancer is pretty tiring on her,but we're hanging on................thanks for asking.....................

Sometimes when things get too tough for me to handle,I try to remember what the good book says about the load getting heavy,mines been pretty heavy right now with all thats going on with mom and all her other business stuff and being sick,and my foot,and some stuff happening in Mannies life,but he put overload springs on me when I was borned and wide load shoulders,and made me understand that if you're going into a valley of hardships,get a running go at it so you can get back on the mountain top ASAP,but ofcourse thats just the way a Country Boy thinks about it............................ Hum Tongue...........................

Ya'll all have a wonderful day and prayers going out to all my friends,it's all good,even if it's all bad,because if you can see it and say it,thats a good thing............ Wink............ Praying hug Wave.......................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning,trying to get back in the groove of getting out a little earlier,seems all I want to do is sleep,hope all ya'lls day is a good one and that your weekend is cool...............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Still got some rain rolling through, supposed to cool things off a little bit. I'll take it. Almost slipped at Bristol on Sunday, heat and sun almost got me, had to ice water a towel and put it on my head, and get some refreshing H2O in me. So I'll be glad to race in 80 degrees.

Mike, you know Fern was right, in the other thread. Don't worry about the "brave" person hiding behind a keyboard. You know you got us, and we're family! Continued prayers for mom, Mannie, and you.

You all have a great weekend! Get yourself some ice cream!

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hi gang, my apologies for not cking in...we have been home 2 nights out of the last 14 and we drove here to Columbus last night. The beach was awesome and we had some out of twin work seminars, I won an award there so that was cool to be recognizes by my employer for a job well done of course I give credit to rick as we are a team in everything. It was nice to pretty much get away from it all on vacation and be together as a family. I've got to catch up w u guys, sorry for the 'text" typing its easier on the cell.

We've made 2 runs, I was fast and slow..lol.

I don't know what all is going on with everyone but my philosphy on mean people & the other stuff is that it is a huge compliment to occupy space in someone else's head .... For free Big Grin

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,looking hot once again here this morning,hope ya'lls day is good and prayers to all with issues and keep on smiling.................... Big Grin.......................................

Chuck I'm good with the other thread,just don't care much for noname posters,but this person keeps coming around and trying to rain on parades,they're so easy to read,I kinda feel sorry for them,they want to join in but can't let themselves enjoy life,it's all good.
I picked along just long enough to find out for sure who it was that had been trolling around my posts,now we know,don't we Michelle........... Wink....................99.9 sure anyway....... Hum......................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I haven't had the chance to see any of it yet, but I'm sure Mike is spot on....he always is esp with life situations Smile

It's race morning, drinking java & getting rdy to take lil man for a ride....let's go!!! Hope u Guys have a grt day!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
It's Monday already. Hope you guys had a great weekend.
Y'all have a good one. Prayers for all.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,off to the foot dr.this morning to see if and when they will do skin grafts and then two app.for Mom one a 1:15 in Mt.Airy at the cancer dr. and then one a 4pm in Winston-Salem with the heart dr.so busy day.

Michelle its who you said in the text lastnight,I may have to learn to text....... big idea...............this person just can't leave it alone,so jealous of others,really kinda sad,maybe one day she will get it right and straighten out,one can only hope................................

Prayers to all and have a wonderful day.................... Praying hug Wave........................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mikey, you must be rubbin off on me. I got to go see the doctor about my foot this mornin. Left foot and ankle swollen for no apparent reason. Must be retainin water. Big Grin
Y'all have a gooden.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Kinda sticky and humid and they're calling for rain today. Saturday was a bummer... we started out with a rain delay, and then a freak oil down - an outlaw dragster lost the blower belt, the belt hit the oil filter and it split open, track long oil down. That was after 9pm, and then the dew came in and made the track unsafe, race called off at midnight. PRP has a great crew, and they worked extremely hard at giving us a shot at racing Saturday.

Michelle, cool stuff to be recognized for your hard work. I wish that I would have been able to make it over this weekend, that would have been really cool. You did great, and there are definitely more Ws to come.

Mike, I'm with you on the "brave" keyboard jockeys. I've put up with some of that myself. You just keep on being you, you're our friend and we got your back. I hope the docs treat you and mom good today.

Floyd, are you pregnant??? Laughing

Speaking of... I'm an uncle again. My sister gave birth to their 4th child, the first boy, last night. 9lbs 3 oz, everyone is doing great. Woo hoo!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Afternoon Y'all!
Doctor checked out the foot, ankle, calf, cow and everything. No infection, no blood clots, no fever.
I must be pregnant, Chuck, he put me on water pills and told me to watch the salt.
Now I gotta figure a new way to do my steaks cause I use kosher salt and cracked pepper on a hot fire. I was looking at some of the spices and rubs I use and they all contain salt. Gonna make some changes in the diet I guess.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Floyd;

Try some of "Mrs. Dash" products. Quite tasty and no salt.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ken, I guess I'm going to have to try a bunch of new stuff or buy bigger socks and shoes.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Floyd hope you get that fluid out of your system soon,thats been one of Mom's demons for awhile,stay away from that salt and you'll get it straight,good luck bud............... Praying.............................

Chuck I am so proud of my family here,and I know without a doubt you all would have my back................. hug..........................

Skin grafts on foot still a while off,can't get one spot to heal,but we'll keep on trying.........................

Mom has to have a real simple day surgrey done this week to unhook a wire from the top of her heart from her pacemaker,then the cancer dr. can start treatments as soon as thats done,hoping this will make her stronger,it's a tough deal with her heart and her cancer................... Praying.............................

Prayers to all of you folks and have a great day,and stay cool................ Praying hug Wave.................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Stormy start to the day here, had some boomers roll through. I know all good things must come to an end, but man, to be 2 hit by the Cubs, owch. Bedard pitched awesome, shame it got wasted. Hopefully the Pirates can start another winning streak tonight.

Floyd, you'll figure it out. There are plenty of ways to make food taste good without salt. The Mrs Dash stuff is pretty good, like Ken said.

Mike, sure hope your foot heals up good, and mom feels better. How is Mannie's leg from the cut a few weeks back?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
It's Humpday, the weekend is getting closer.
This heat needs to stop soon. We've been over 100 degrees for way too long, with no releive anytime soon.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing