DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,yea Michelle it's hot,did'nt want this foot thing to happen but ifn it had to now is a good time,hopefully it'll cool off a little shortly,hope ya'll have fun in Alanta and be safe.................everything is working kinda like I said,you're doing a good job with the new found patients........ Wink....................

Prayers all around and hope everyones day is the best................... Praying hug Wave.........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Yep, warm up here too, supposed to be low 90s again and humid. Some rain tomorrow is supposed to knock that down, and I'm glad. I'm going to see the Pirates-Tigers tomorrow night, and my buddy and teammate Mikey needs to double up in my car on Saturday. Sunday is an all day car show helping my friends display for their sponsor. It's a good weekend! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hi Y'all!
Don't send the ransome, I've escaped.
It's been a busy week and I'm gald it's over.
Michelle, good luck in hotlanta.
Mike, we don't get those hot sidewalks here in SoCal. Ha Ha, sometimes we can fry an egg on them.
Y'all have a gooden, I'm just sitting back cooling it before going to Sacramento for the next Heritage race
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Thanks gang...on our way...gotta get a Div race in, they told me I couldn't just keep showing up at the Natls....seemed like a good plan to me Wink

Chevy turned 3 today, time flies when ur having fun!! Enjoy ur wknd boyz...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Little rain coming through, supposed to clear out and cool off this afternoon, woo hoo! Good seats for the Pirate game tonight, should be a good time. Weather looks real nice for racing tomorrow too.

Floyd, I was wonderin'!!

Michelle, good luck in Hotlanta! Wow, Chewy is 3 already? Time goes way too fast.

You all have a great weekend! Prescription time! Get it filled:
Ice Cream hug hug

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of dragdavis36
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Christina, good to see you back. My older brother visited our baby sister when she lived in Helsinki 15 years ago, and they get the long daylight too. He said it was trouble for him, because he never knew when it was time to leave the bar. Big Grin

Chuck! Aint it the truth! I dont go out much, but I ventured out last Saturday night and thats the way it is... we left and it was 3am and you just would never ever know it. It is wonderful - and you learn the joys of blackout shades during the work week!

Today is solstice... 24 actual hours of sunlight! Up on the slope the sun just goes around... never actually goes below the horizon. I go up to Barrow quite a bit but haven't made it up this summer yet.. havent been since the end of April and they already had enough sun at all the times to not need artificial light outside.

Anyway - solstice means the whole big little city of Fairbanks celebrates big time this weekend... and believe it or not - I'm going out to the lake to go SWIMMING tomorrow. Not very much timeframe for that here! 80 weather and I feel like its hot. I sure have adjusted to the weather here.

Go win some rounds for me boys and girls!

Posts: 719 | Location: AK | Registered: April 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,crazy weather around here,get up expecting the unexpected.............Christina good to hear from you hope all is well................ Smile........................

I've been missing the last couple days,had a ton of things going on with my foot,and Mom had to go to hospitial for some test,and the Dr.came in with the long face,not good news he said,so we're off to the cancer Dr. first of week,they found a mass in her stomach,she's been having lots of pain and her family dr.kept giving her meds.for upset stomach troubles but it turned out much worse,we're hoping for the best and we'll see how bad it is comes first of week,so keep her in ya'll's prayers.............. hug Praying..................................

Well going out a little while before it gets to hot,seems things get harder to do every year,turned 53 back on june 10 and I declare,seems things just got 10 yrs. worse,hope that ain't a signs of things to come,see ya'll after bit,prayers to all my friends................... Praying Wave......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,proud of ya'll Michelle,going to be a hot the next few days so stay cool gang,prayers all around.............................. Praying hug Wave...................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
thanks Mike, I can't believe we missed your day...prayers for Mom, that is just the worst thing I truly hate to hear that, praying that the Dr's will have good news when you go back. Your strength in talking to you lately, amazes me.

I would like to say how much you guys mean to me...I now realize friendship isn't counted by numbers, it's something way more important -- I have it & am thankful for it.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all!
Mike, sorry to hear about Mom. You know my prayers are coming at you from the left coast.
Praying Angel hug

By the way, 53 ain't old. 70 is. Tongue

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Sorry to hear that about your mom Mike. Deffinately will say a prayer for her.
Congratulations again Michelle.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,thanks Mouse prayers are wonderful comfort right now,been kinda of a rough weekend,can't do much with foot still hurt so sit around and think alot,kinda blue right about now...............but I know Moms ready to go and be with Dad,and all the others gone on before,so praying right now is the greatest comfort............ Praying............and thanks Michelle and Floyd I know I got friends here,thanks again................. hug....................

And as far as missing my b-day,it's fine heck I can barely keep up with them,and 53 ain't as old as 70 Eyes Tongue,but man I'm having trouble with them anyway,but I'm good with getting old,I have a plan,will disscuss later.............. Wink...........................

Well prayers all around and Michelle I was probably up at 5am when ya'll went over the mt.it was still dark and ya'll could'nt see me waving......... Wave........hope ya'll have a wonderful day..................... Praying hug Wave..............................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of Randy Larson
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I don't normally read this string, just don't have the time. But, I can really appreciate what your going through. We lost my mom two months ago, after years of numerous health issues, it too was cancer in the end. Also lost her husband this past friday night, the day after what would have been her birthday. It really hurt to read your moms diagnosis, as that mirrors the situation right now with my wife. Her primary Dr. missed her tumor for a year. I'm not even sure why I'm posting all this, but, I have appreciated many of your posts, and I guess just to let your know your not alone. I try to remain positive, thinking of the GOOD things. Like, in my case, my son coming home from Afghanistan in one piece, he and his wife giving us our first grand child this coming November,,,,,,, Its not hard for me to find things to be grateful for. I just have to focus on those things, and remain prayerful as you do also.

Randy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Randy Larson,

Foot brake racers think "outside the box"

Posts: 1742 | Location: Pompano Beach, FL | Registered: June 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Randy thank you for that response,I'm most of the time out and gone by this time of the morning but this morning was feeling especially blue,so getting off to a slow start,I've been a Drr member now for some time and have made alot of friends(I hope)and sometimes get to thanking I talk way to much,lol,but I also think sharing our lives with others is a good thing,just like your son being in the military I've read all about him in your post and find alot of inspiration from them,and congrats on your grandchild,I know you're going to have a blast with the little one.

My Dad has been dead for almost 4 yrs. just seems like yesterday,he turned 74 the yr. he passed away on june 26 and mom will be 74 on july 3,dad passed on nov.22 it's just seems kinda funny(for lack of better word)the way it's worked out,but I know the big man upstairs has it all worked out,so I'm fine with it,but just hope she don't have to suffer a long time,she's done suffered alot in the past year,and it would be easy for me to be mad at the dr.but it would'nt do any good,plus mom likes him and I mite get my hand slapped,lol,anyway it's all good...............

So sorry for your loss Randy and so happy for your son and his family,come see us in here anytime,we love folks coming in and having a cup of coffee anytime...................

And Randy we will be praying for your wifes issue as well................

DRR Pro
Picture of Randy Larson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Hawks:
and sometimes get to thanking I talk way to much,lol,

I resemble that remark Big Grin

quote:
My Dad has been dead for almost 4 yrs. just seems like yesterday,he turned 74 the yr. he passed away on june 26 and mom will be 74 on july 3,dad passed on nov.22 it's just seems kinda funny(for lack of better word)the way it's worked out,but I know the big man upstairs has it all worked out,so I'm fine with it,but just hope she don't have to suffer a long time,she's done suffered alot in the past year,and it would be easy for me to be mad at the dr.but it would'nt do any good,plus mom likes him and I mite get my hand slapped,lol,anyway it's all good...............

Last month marked 25 years that we lost my dad. Four years later, my grandmother (his mother in law) passed on the same date. My mother died this year on the same date as her brother in law 5 years ago. I remember thinking same as you, kinda "funny" for lack of a better term.

As far as your mom goes, they do make some good drugs these days so they don't have to suffer, but, they have to keep an eye on the patient, and regulate that.

Foot brake racers think "outside the box"

Posts: 1742 | Location: Pompano Beach, FL | Registered: June 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Had a great weekend, wishing I could have slept in today. Sometimes I don't like the real world.

Christina, I would definitely need the blackout shades. I'd wake up and think I was late for work if I saw daylight still! Big Grin

Michelle, awesome job! And you know what counts, you always did, maybe just needed a little reminder. Smile

Mike, happy belated birthday. You know 53 is a very special number to us up here. I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. She is in my prayers.

Randy, real glad you stopped by. We have to meet up at the WFC this year. You can't miss up Pittsburgh guys. Big Grin

Praying Praying Praying for all

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of dragdavis36
posted Hide Post
Mike, your mom and your family are in my prayers!! Sorry to hear about that, but keep your head up, and be optimistic! With today's technology, early detection saves lives, so hope for the best outcome and we will all keep sending prayers! I was recently very lucky that precancerous cells were caught and were able to be removed. It was nearly a month before I was back to normal from having them removed, but how could I truely complain? I was so lucky that early detection meant they could be removed before becoming cancer. I truely had to keep my head up and say "I am blessed, this could be so much worse." So I send your mother the best and pray for her to have strength through this!

Chuck - I cannot tell you how many times I have woken up at 4am to the sun BLARING and me going CRAP!! ... then realizing what time it is! It takes awhile before you just wake up at odd hours and just check the clock before freaking out. We had amazing weather all weekend. Saturday I went to Chena Lakes, laying on the beach and went swimming. Yes, swimming in Alaska. I could not believe. Nothing like the lakes back home but for a few hours, I got to feel like I was home!

Have a great day and a great week, everyone! and Happy late Birthday Mike!

Posts: 719 | Location: AK | Registered: April 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Going to be hot the rest of the week around here. 100+ everyday.
We are heading for Destin Friday, so it can get as hot as it wants, I'll be at the beach.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Christina sorry to hear about your issues you had awhile back so glad you're doing better,and you are so right about all the tech.they have now for cancer treatment,and you are so right about a good attuide,thats one thing that has always kept us going around here is a good attuide,you take care.................... hug....................

Yea Mouse they say big time hot around here the rest of the week,but today is outstanding right now they say low 80's today and then back to reality............... Banging Head................................

Well to all the Drr GM crew hope your day is fine,I'm off to the dr.to check on this foot so prayer to you all and see ya'll after bit................. Praying Wave............................

Hey Chuck, Wavethanks for the e-mail of the pic.of the 57,sure brought back some memories of my 57,would be fun to have it back right now,my friend Steve McCreary who paints cars for a living,he painted Michelle's cars,he has a two door wagon there right now that belongs to Ryan Newman of nascar fame,and he's not restoren it he's just cleaning it up and making it a daily driver for him,it's red and white,with a 327 and a 4 speed,Ryan said he just wanted it to drive around and enjoy,I think I like Ryan,seems like a good guy..................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good Morning gang, feels like home here this morning, so many things going on in the world but a place you can feel comfortable hanging out for a visit.

I'm with Chuck, I would have to black the windows Christina...glad you got to feel like you were at home for a bit, swimming in Alaska..wow. Dennis, have a lot of fun at the beach...we aren't sure what to do, 100+ for the zmax race Sat for the kids & it's on the pavement (at least we were parked on grass at hotlanta)..Adiayn needs a larger jr, he is a trooper but was so hot/squished a few weeks ago and it really takes it's toll on you. People were having heat exhaustion issues last wknd.

I can not believe it's been 4 yrs Mike, when we were talking Sat I even said with just losing your Dad...I still don't understand but know we have to look at like Randy said, glad you stopped by Randy, we'll keep all of you in our prayers...

You are right Chuck, nice to be reminded what counts.
Steve & Chad are awesome, would like to see that 57 & I've always thought Ryan was a pretty cool guy too...

Off to the ortho for Madi, her first 'tightening' & we've heard it really hurts so remember her...hope all of you have a good day!

FurrRacing.com