DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Randy Larson
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck, I'm afraid I won't be able to make WFC this year. Just read where they already have 296 entires. I am jonesin so bad about goin. I even won an entry in one of the raffles.

Michelle, neat to hear about your entire family's racing endeavors. You guys really are FURR-ocious Big Grin. I know, I know, don't quit my day job. But, hey, that's better than many of the ones they come up with on the cover of National Disaster, oop's, I mean dragster LOL.

Foot brake racers think "outside the box"

Posts: 1742 | Location: Pompano Beach, FL | Registered: June 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
It's Humpday, that means the weekend is getting closer.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,man it's pretty here this morning 58 when I finally got moving,getting ready for the hot next few days,I'm with you Michelle,Z-max and 100 degree days makes me rethink my plan,my plan was,me and Mannie was going to take squeaky the blazer down there and run footbrake,but after further thoughts I believe I better stay off that hot pavement,Hutch said he was going,but I had'nt talked to him in a couple of day so who knows,anyway to hot for me,if ya'll go stay cool............... Ice Cream...................

Randy glad you stopped in again,have a cup of coffee and Chuck will share his sweet tea with you for sure,won't you Chuck........... Wink.........................

Well got to get to it and see what I can do to waste a day,took Mom back to the dr. yesterday,they called at 9am and said can you have your mom here at 11 or 1 and I was on the way to the wound care center for my foot,and by the way it's doing good they said and to continue to stay off it as much as possible,so no farming for a while..............
Anyways Mom has a form Lymphoma and they really don't know yet what kind it is,so back for more test in the next few days and get a sample next week and then they will know the treatment,so when they called yesterday I had to get the scan from the hospitial and find mom,she had taken off to Walmart,so Hope found her while I took care of foot and getting everything gathered up to make the 1hr. ride to Winston-Salem,so it was planning 101 yesterday but we made it and had a good and safe trip,so all is good................... Smile.................

Prayers to you all my friends and have a wonderful day............... Praying hug Wave.........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Nice start to the morning, clear and cool, before we get the heat up over the next few days too. Saturday doesn't look that bad for racing right now though, 88. That's warm, but well below 3 digits, so I'll take it. And it's the summer, it's supposed to be warm.

Mouse, good stuff, whole family going over? Are you off next week?

Christina, I gotta say, I don't put swimming and Alaska together, with the exception of polar bears. I am glad to hear the docs were able to catch yours in the precancerous stage.

Mike, glad you liked. There was another '57 sedan delivery at the cruise, as well as a 2 door Bel Air wagon. Really nice cars. Not into NASCAR, but that does bump Ryan up in my book too. Glad to hear mom keeps on the move, and that you are sitting and healing.

Randy, I meant to say Monday, sorry for the loss of your mom, and her husband. Also sorry you won't be at the WFC. Hopefully we'll both be there next year.

Michelle, that boy just won't stop growing, will he?? Big Grin I hope Madi got through the discomfort ok yesterday.

Speaking of being reminded... Saturday, I lost first round, 3rd straight week, dead late on the tree. Bought back, made it to 4th round, dead late again. I was just plain old down and depressed because I've lost the tree. I was still feeling sorry for myself Sunday morning at the car cruise, when I looked up across the street, and there was a mom pushing her daughter in a wheelchair. I about wanted to cry and get down on my knees and beg forgiveness for being so selfish. I'm feeling bad because I'm walking to my car, getting in, driving to the track, doing the work to change the tires and ready the car, and I'm down because I can't win a round, while this girl probably never walked, and never will, and would gladly trade places with my "problem". I still love being in my car and feeling that rush. I know I'm a good sportsman, and I don't have to play games like I hear about in the box class. I know I'm blessed to be able to be walking on the green side of the grass, and I'm not going to forget it, that once I get out of the car, I'm going to be up, and not down.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Randy Larson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the wake up call Chuck. There are ALWAYS those worse off than we could ever imagine.

Foot brake racers think "outside the box"

Posts: 1742 | Location: Pompano Beach, FL | Registered: June 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
This is my Friday! WooHoo!
Chuck, this is our family vacation. My storm chasing partner and his family are also going. We'll leave tomorrow, and get to Destin on Saturday and come back the following Saturday.
A whole week of nothing but beach and ocean.
Randy, good to have you in here. We all kinda take care of one another in here.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,ya'll have fun on ya'll vacation Mouse,I could'nt handle a week at the beach,Mannie would have a BIG dump truck load of stuff off the beach everything he finds he bags and brings home............. Tongue.................

Chuck you are so right,that's what mom says all the time is look around and you'll find someone in worse shape,I'm so glad she up moving around,when she needs to be down a day or two she takes em,she pretty smart about those things,she reminds me of Dad when he got sick with the lung cancer,someone would say,hows your dad and I would say well he's not doing to good,he was in the bed for the last few days,and before I could get bed out of my mouth,he's go riding down the road, Tongue..............he did'nt want to lay down till he had too,and moms the same way,can't do much with them old mt.folks............... hug Wink.................................

Hey Randy we have some bisquits and gravy left this morning with some fresh made apple butter,ifn you like that sort of thing.................. Ice Cream..................................

Well got to get out and haul a few radiators off this morning,need some end of the month cash,you know me and Mannie needs to go out and have us a ribeye this weekend,just because................. Ice Cream...................

Prayers to you all my friends and ya'll have one of them fine as wine days................ Praying hug Wave....................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
You are so right Chuck, we have so much to be thankful for...and chin up, it will turn & when it does enjoy every round!!

Breakfast was delish this morn Mike...shows 105 for Sat now...this one is hard guys, Madi is tied for points lead (with drop) how can we not give her that chance but how can we stand it...it was ugly at hotlanta and it was cooler there....iyiyi

Growing up fast, they really are...we are so blessed hug You & Mannie enjoy Mike, I think we should go with you guys lol
or Dennis, we love sum beach!!
Prayer all around...glad to see you back again today Randy...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Nice start to the morning, but the heat is coming in. Temps have climbed up some more for Saturday, but we'll deal. If, IF, I'm going down, I'm going down swinging. Thanks for listening to my rambling. I think you all know what I was trying to say. Racing is not going to get me down anymore. I'll allow myself a minute after a round if I'm on the wrong side, but then that's it. It's all good after that.

Mouse, have a great week at the beach. I've got another month before I go, can't wait. I hope you have good weather and an awesome time with your family.

Mike, be careful with your foot cashing in those radiators. Give your mom a hug for me, she sounds like my kind of people. Ribeye sounds good, especially if you're letting someone else do the cooking so you can stay in the A-C. Big Grin

Michelle, chin is up, thanks. Even if it doesn't turn around, even if I don't ever win another round, I know I'm blessed, and I'm humbled and awed by that. Just keep everyone hydrated at the track, eat light, and I hope Madi keeps knocking 'em down!

You all have a great day! hug

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Here's the '57 sedan delivery from Sunday's cruise:

and the 2 door '57 Bel Air wagon. I didn't ask what the price was.

I love wagons... but this is the first I can recall seeing a '53ish sedan delivery?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Wow good morning folks,Chuck all I can say is WOW,the red one would be for footbraking and the Black one for going to chruch in on sunday and going to get ice cream in on sunday afternoon...... Ice Cream.......those are beautiful,thanks for sharing,make me really want my old 57 back now........... crying....................

Was a busy day yesterday,had to put Mom in hospitial for pain and bleeding,drs. say it's from a kidney infection,but the pain is in the same location as the cancer was spotted and when they did another CT scan they found what looks to be another mass in her lung area,we will see the cancer dr. again next week,for the bio.on the lower area and then we'll know more about the chest area,we sure can use the GM prayers,thanks guys and gals for them all.................... hug Praying...............................

Got to get to it and see what can be done today,never got the radiators hauled yesterday,because of taking Mom to ER,and today is junk running day time for my weekly p/u's so going to try and beat the heat and get around and then see what the day holds,prayers to you all and have a great day............... Praying Wave..................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Who left the oven door open? 83 when I left at 6am, mid 90s is the call all weekend. Going to be a warm one on the track tomorrow.

Mike, I share your thinking. Gotta race one, cruise the other. Sorry to hear mom was in pain, prayers for her. Praying How is Mannie's leg wound?

You all have a great weekend. If you're in this heat wave, make sure you stay hydrated. Lots of water, fruit, eat lighter, just take care of yourselves out there.
hug

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hi gang, prayers for Mom, Mike...and everyone else!

it's hot, pool time Cool

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Finally a chance to sit down and catch up with everyone. Before I get started I would really appreciate it if you all could include a friend in your prayers. Our racing buddy Lisa Caldwell was at Infineon on Wednesday when she had some kind of a stroke. They rushed her to the hospital and she has been diagnosed with a tumor on her heart. She is going in for open heart surgery on Monday and she and her husband Steve could use all the prayers you can give them.

Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and the problems you are having with your feet. You and Mannie and your family are always in my prayers. I am really looking forward to the day we can all meet up, geeze I hope it's before Mannie graduates from High School.

Michelle, wow girl you and the family are really kicking some heavy duty asphalt. I sure am proud of all of you. I know what you mean about racing in the heat, that's a hard one to call. Like Chuck said if you go, be sure to stay hydrated and stay out of the sun as much as possible. I'll be rooting for you all.

Chuck, you can't keep a good Oldsmobubble driver down, I think you have a lot of wins left in you. A couple of years ago Mark & I weren't sure we were ever going to win another race and then everything turned around and for the last 2 years he has really been kicking butt. But you know even if we never won another race, we are so lucky to even be able to go to the track and have such wonderful friends. Like you said seeing other who are less fortunate really puts things in perspective.

Hey Floyd when are you going to be in our neck of the woods. Let me know if you are coming up to Sacramento and we will come out and say howdy.

Mouse, wow the beach really sounds good. We are about 2 hours from the ocean and I haven't been there in a couple of years. With the racing and everything else seems like there is never any time. I'm making time in the next month or so even if it is only for the day.

Took this morning off to make some deviled eggs. Today is Leonard's 88th birthday (he is my client "dad" who's wife just passed away from alzheimers. The boys and I are having a surprise barbeque and birthday party for him at noon, so I better get my butt in gear.

You all have a safe and wonderful weekend and stay cool. We have a race in Sacramento this weekend, but fortunately for us the forecast is call for temps in the low 80's. Perfect racing weather.

Thanks for being my friends. Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all!

Prayers from here for mom, Mike. You take care of that foot or I'm goin to have to put a woopin on ya.
Michelle, the heat do make it tuff but you're young. You can handle it.
Chuck, reminds me of a '57 nomad I use to have. My brother has a '55 delivery that he wins a lot with up north.
Susie, looks like we will be there the 13th and 14th for the Heritage race. I'm goin to drive up early Friday morning. Hope to get there about noon. I think qualifying is Friday evening and eliminations are Saturday.

Y'all have a gooden. Praying all around.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,mom says thanks for all the prayers,and Floyd seems since they said to stay off the foot,everything started happening and dr.appointments and way more running than usual,and thanks Susie,it would be fun to come and visit you and Floyd at the same race,that would be a dream vaction............. Hum Big Grin.................................

Ya'll all stay cool and I hope ya'll's day is great.................... Praying Wave...........................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, it has been awhile.

Hoping things get better for those having problems. Life is not always fair, and it seems to test some of the nicest people. Don't know why, but somehow, we seem to find a way through these trials.

As usual, there is nothing usual about my life with the VA. Things are in a constant flux. With everything that is changing, they (VA) are really going out of their way to make things as smooth as they can. The tumors have stopped shrinking, and may even be a bit larger, but not a big deal. They have added another drug to help the chemo work better. Gonna find out if that is working on the 16th. Also, had a visit with my primary care doc. Come to find out, I have a bit of some mild form of arthritis. They gave me some pills for it, and WOW, they reallly work great. Kind of scary. I can get use to not aching all the time, but I sure don't want to get addicted to this stuff. Think I will finish this bottle, and then swear off them until and if it gets unbearable.

I've had the race car out of the box for a few days now. Changed the slicks on Monday. That is a chore since I have to drop the rear axle out to get the tires out of the car, so it is pretty much a half day ordeal including taking the wheels down to have the new tires mounted and balanced.

Spent a whole day going over the car tooth and nail before we take it to the track. I sold my fishing boat so that we could afford to get tires, a new driving suit, and have the belts recert. May need a parachute if the car runs as well down here in San Antonio as we think it will. Ran mid 9's at Bandimere (5800 feet), so thinking it will push the 8 second barrier.

But, I have yet to give the car a final wash and wax. Everytime I try, it starts to rain. Hopefully, tomorrow will be my day, and I can finish and get it back in the box.

Well, hoping everyone has a few good days ahead. try to keep your kool and keep cool. Thought I was going to have to cover the pepper and tomato plants last night. Temp got down to 82 and I was worried for awhile.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning from beautiful Destn, Fl.
I hope everyone has a great day.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's been a nice quiet do nuthin weekend for me and Buddy. Well, we did a few things but not much. This is going to be a tuff week. Off today, work tomorrow, off wednesday, work thursday and then off for 4 more days. I don't know how I will find the time to do everything I need to do. Big Grin
Ken, that shows dedication, sell your boat for stuff for the race car. Way to go. A boat is just a fiberglass hole in the water that you throw money into. Course a race car is something you open the door and throw money into. But we gotta have something.
Come on out, Mike. It's time you took a vacation. I'll let you polish the wheels on the hay hauler. Wink
Y'all have a gooden. hug to all the ladies. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning all,you have fun at the beach Mouse,and Ken good to hear from you,I know this cancer thing is a work in progress everytime they see you they want to try this or that,it's tough,but we are praying for you pal...................... Praying...........................

Got a busy week with all the appointments for mom and myself,I made out a list of dates and there's somewhere to be nearly everyday this week except for the 4th,so much for staying off of the foot..............thank ya'll again for your prayers Mom's really been sick the last few days,and Mannie has a heart dr. appointment in Radford,Va. tomorrow to check out his heart murmer (sp) we don't know alot about his past so we have to check out everything about him that we learn and he was borned with this issue,so we will go check it out...................

I hope ya'll have a great day and prayers all around,and I got to tell you all one thing that we already know,but it is worth talking about again,racers are the best people ever,yesterday when the storms came threw it knocked all the power off in the area we live in and we was told it could be wed. or maybe even fri. before it mite come back on,so I get out the generators and get mom's oxy.going and her a/c going and her refig. and I called my friend that is like a brother to me(better than my on bro.)in Yadkinville and ask to borrow his spare gen.in case something happened to the one at Mom's and he not only said sure,but met me half way,and filled his generator up with gas,before I got out of the parking lot where we met,Mom calls and says hey the power come back on,but it was so great to know you have a friend like Hutchens Mike Hutchens that is one in a million................ Praying hug Wave..................................................................

Oh yea Michelle hope ya'll did'nt have to rough of a time up your way,was so busy around here with all the things going on,did'nt mean not to check on ya'll.............. hug.......................................

Floyd the only polishing I know how to do is with a black spray bomb,I like my wheels black.................. Eyes I'm stupid......................................