DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Back into the real world. It was nice to have the 10 day break. Got to see friends, and spend a lot of time with family. We get crazy on New Year's Eve, playing dominoes, and eating my mom's fudge and nut rolls.

Mike, glad to see you back in, and really glad the scooter is helping you out. Maybe you can run it in Bike class? Big Grin Loved the pics and video.

J, did you get to race? I hope so.

Fern, good to hear you got into the garage. I still am trying to get mine home.

Floyd, thanks for sharing. I can't imagine going through that. I'm glad you're still going strong. Nice to fully retire. I want to be like you and Fern and still getting into the race car when I feel like it. And if I can join you at the buffet, I will! Big Grin

1258, that's a great present. I was rooting for PSU too, what an awesome game.

Wishing you all a great New Year!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd you put a tear in my eye---I went out for an hour and found Mama about the same way. She passed Oct 19 after being in a nursing home since June 2015. Pretty damn tough! But we both retired, me 16 years ago and her 11 so we got to relax a few years. Never found out about the old people haunts till now.....I am going to get off here and go work on the car some. Winterfest a Kinston this weekend so they are calling for snow. Happy new year everyone

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I keep some windows open a crack or so to get fresh air in the house. Well, this morning I get woke up to a distinguishable odor that emits from those black and white kitties. Where's the Fabreze? But my faithful pal Buddy can sleep through anything. I'm up so I might as well get ready for the few last days of gainful employment I'm going to have. Buddy, he's still sawin them off.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well, sounds like there's some Footbrake money racing in the works at Maple Grove. They are shooting for late October. 3 days of racing too. I will probably be attending.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Making the adjustment back into the daily routine. I liked being off and a man of leisure last week. I think I could do that full time. Big Grin C'mon, Powerball!

Fern, that's a true Winterfest then, getting snow! Big Grin Snow does make it hard to race in. I've seen pics from PID with snow piled along side of the lanes, and I've been at Norwalk with some snow at the Classic.

Floyd, good thing Buddy slept through that, and didn't take a face full. My friends had that happen to their German shepherd, when he was older and couldn't retreat as fast as he could when he was younger. He had to endure a lot of bath time.

1258, yep, Oct 20-22, $5k, $10k, $7500, $300 weekend entry is the flyer I saw. I'm hoping to make that one too. Lot of racing in September and October for me, if I can work the time and money budget out.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to ALL, Been real cool in the AM 37 degrees.... LOL Warm by most standards, expect in SoCa where woke up to 49... Floyd your writings of 2000 and Fern's ordeal both had me with a tearful... Very sad.

Chuck, the Power Ball would make racing a lot easier but if you look at pass winners a lot of them did not know how to handle things. Racing last weekend I would have to say real good for the amount of rain on Saturday and Sunday . The track ran 1/4 mile Saturday and had a really hard time with the rain delays. I believe second round winners all split, must have been around 8:30 pm when they called it. Sunday raced started around 1 pm after raining most the night and into the morning. They then ran it 1/8 mile and got it done....... Saturday I had a lost first round, he treed me hard. Ran the number put it was over at the hit, buyback both of us went red, me -.006 competition -.013 leaving 5 tens after me.... I was killed by one family first the son then the dad.....LOL I went home soaked to the bone and sleep thru Sundays race as the high was only 47 degrees ...

You all have a great Hump Day...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone been reading back a little of what I've missed life has a way of hitting you right in the teeth sometimes to all you folks here I can't start to tell you how much you all mean to me new and old I'm thankful to know all you guys Ive got to head out to the dr to work on a sore on the only foot I have left but thankful to have it I'll check back later take care all

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck I didn't realize the entry was so cheap. Supposedly only going to open it up to 256 entries. Either way I would be happy to bring it back to Maple. If you make it out here would be nice to finally meet you. I realized my daughters birthday is that week so I have a feeling my wife will say we are having party for her that weekend.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Someone left the freezer door open. Brrrrr. Janauary is in full effect today, teens, windy, snow coming later.

J, 37 sounds balmy about now! I wouldn't change much if I hit for something like that kind of money. I'd like to think I'm smarter than the average bear. Big Grin Hard to get a track back after dark if it rains, sounds like they did all they could to get it in. What's next for you?

Mike, you've taken more than your fair share of shots in the teeth. I'm glad you're shaking them off and keeping on fighting. Good luck at the doc's today.

1258, yep, 256 entries cap is also on the flyer. I'm hoping to make it. Do some smooth talking for a birthday party the weekend before. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning or should I say Afternoon... LOL Late getting in here to post, the rain here in SoCa is light but steady. Clouds keep the temps warm 54 degrees on the drive in. Work load this week is light so only working 12 hour days , I'm sure it will not last long...

Chuck, Wild Horse Pass its first team race Jan 21st, I have not decided to go depending on how I feel. They have the second team on Feb 11th along with S/ST race that I'm commented to.

1258 , that event looks real good, hope you can go..

Mike, I'm starting to know my doctors way to good , hope everything goes good for you....

Fern, how is the work on the car going?

Guy's have a great Day....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Still cold over here, got about 3" of snow out my way, maybe a couple here in town. Looks to be about 20 degrees for Sunday's Steelers game here against the Dolphins. I'm glad I'll be watching from my warm living room.

J, you doing ok? My favorite view of the doc's office is when it's in my rear view mirror.

Since it's cold out, I'm going to add a little more hot fudge onto my ice cream. Big Grin You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to you All... Yep TGIF can't wait to get home , need to work on the back yard this weekend and I'm so excited about that...LOL

Chuck, I'm looking at high 60s for Saturday and mid 70s for Sunday, so after working on the yard I can watch a game or two while I do and oil change on the tranny and motor....

Hoping for a Great Weekend for all... Eat some Ice cream for me guy's Ice Cream Rolling

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern got the motor out then got an awful head cold so its out there on the stand waiting for my head to clear up. Snowing now and supposed to hit ZERO for a couple of days. Glad to see you in here Mike. I used to race 10 granders at the Grove a long time ago. Good times.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks hope everyone is ok let's all have a good Sunday and stay warm

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.

Hope that ya'll are dry and warm 'cause it's freezing out there this morning! When the temperature drops into the 30's here it's got to be really cold back home.

My wife is headed to Norfolk (Va.) next Saturday for three weeks to take care for her Mother, (Alzheimer's). I'm going to wait until May to go back, hopefully it will warm up by then. During that trip I am going to New Bern (NC) for several days to visit my sister.

Stay warm, drive safe and enjoy the football games today.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It was pretty doggone cold here this weekend. I had to stay out of the house as much as possible. All I heard was my boiler going, and my gas bill with it. Ticking up here for a couple of days, thankfully.

J, being outside to work on the back yard, I'd gladly take that right now! Not so much come spring though. Big Grin

Fern, I hope you're doing ok with the head cold, and the cold and snow that is unusual for your area. Feel better.

Mike, Steelers win, good Sunday. Big Grin

Bob, 30s is a heat wave here right now. Sorry to hear about your mother in law. I can't imagine that strain. I hope her trip goes well.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Must of been a concert in my neighborhood this morning. I got woke up to a hell of a light show and drum solos. Then there was the crescendo of pitter patter on the roof. It's wet out here but it's a dry wet.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug rainy

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern ain't happy. I got the engine out---OUT--that's it. Got this cold I can't seem to shake then have been snowed in here for 3 days.....Not a lot of snow but the roads are a sheet of ice as it started out raining then got down to single digits. 7 here right now--not good but supposed to get better. Fern will be going to Dr tomorrow if not any better. Enough is enough.! Sorry I am such a grouch Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
If ya go to the doctor he will give you some pills and tell you it will go away in 7-10 days. If you leave it alone it will go away in a week to a week and a half.

I have done all I can do. Rolling

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey all. Birthday was yesterday. Wife and the two kids were sick while I was healthy. Wife has sinus infection, daughter has cold and mild ear infection and son has cold. Oh boy.

Found out my work might be moving to the city which blows, but apparently there's good opportunity for investors down the road where I would get 5,000 shares in the company in a four years span.